Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Railjack Revisited Information

[DE]Rebecca

hace 3 horas, Neprotox dijo:

Overall I'm liking these changes even with the void hole nerf, I guess it was going to happen, but I'm kind of Skeptical about the avionics changes. See right now the max capacity you can have 130 max cap and even that isn't enough to fill all slots. What I usually do is take the 2nd best option like Lavan predator (turret cc avionic) and Vidar Hull weave (rj Armor avionic) that have a bit lower stat but takes a lot less avionics capacity. With the changes coming up, and if I interpret it correctly, we'll have only high tier mods that take usually 8/13/17 avionics capacity which even more narrows down my avionics use.

My request: please overlook at the reactor system and give us a way to increase the max cap. Something like when you valence two highest avionic rank reactor (for example 2 vidar reactor with +100 avionic capacity) it'll boost up the capacity by +10/15/20%, or maybe able to increase the total cap with Dirac, it sucks alot having empty slots and not being able to use the avionics considering how hard it is to get some of them with less than 1% chance. Than you. 

Then again with such a low drop chance in the hardest node. I really don't get why they nerf what has kept railjack alive. 

You know, the fun factor. Besides again feeling like you wasted your time.

9 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

The enemies actually do a decent amount of damage relatively. The two combine to make the enemies a challenge.

If you have a solution better than that though, since making the enemies across the board easier doesn't solve the problem, I'd like to hear it.

Better mechanics would be a good start

Nox units are challanging, for example. The scramble corpus ones are a challange if you are overrwhelmed,

giving the enemies more supponrt units could increase the difficult too

But havinf the enemies just sponges doesn't help and make the life way harder for non-tank frames, that was one of the complains that i saw a lot before the rework

I don't usually post on the forums but I can't keep quiet after reading this. Here's some insights from someone who’s got 10/10/10/10 intrinsic and a fully decked ship with top avionics and mk3 components plus a decent amount of time spent doing Railjack missions. Some of the changes here just sound terrible. Why dumb down Railjack this much? I know that when you start out, it feels really weak and just makes you want to switch to your Amesha to kill everything but when it's fully upgraded, it feels very powerful and rewarding and it's a lot of fun while still not being a complete snooze-fest. I think that some of the suggested changes will just make Railjack less fun and overall worse in the long run. There is still a lot of improvements needed and the difficulty curve feels pretty off at the start (at least it did when I started at the beginning of Railjack), but this is not the answer.

On 2020-04-24 at 2:08 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

• Changing the pacing and general feel of all Railjack Piloting and movement to be less reliant on the optimal strategy of “Single strafe Boost then Repeat”: 
    • Doubled the Railjack’s base Speed. 
    • Lowered Boost Speed by 75% 
    • Increased the Boost Speed cost of dodge. 
    • Increased Boost Drain (8 - 15)

This is probably the worst change and I beg you to reconsider. The ability to boost around is actually very enjoyable and adds some layers of skills to piloting the Railjack especially during combat. I don't want to just hold down shift to move between packs of fighters and just unload my weapons without using any maneuvers. I legitimately feel like most of the fun will just be gone if this goes through.

Avionics Changes: 

When it comes to Avionics changes, there’s an overarching goal: Simplify Avionic management. 

• Each Integrated Avionic Type will now only exist with a single Manufacturer rather than three Manufacturer flavors.
  • The ‘retired’ Integrated Avionics will be removed from players inventory via a script.
  • The remaining Integrated Avionic for each Type will take on the values of the previously highest valued Avionic of it’s Type.
  • ALL Dirac used to upgrade Integrated Avionics will be refunded. This applies to both retired and remaining Avionics.
  • ALL remaining Integrated Avionics will have their Upgrades drained.

Again, why? Instead of having more options, we would be stuck with the one top avionic with much higher cost capacity? Currently, the ability to chose between the different manufacturers gives some form of choices. You can chose to go with the top manufacturer for an avionic and get the highest numbers but the capacity price will also be higher than the others or you can chose to go with a manufacturer with lower numbers but the capacity price also lower. If this goes through, then it pretty much removes all build diversity from Railjack. Why dumb it down this much?

At least are the avionic costs going to be fully revised too so we can fully equip our Railjacks with avionics when we use a mk3 reactor? With the current capacity cost for each avionic, you would barely be able to fully equip your 9 integrated slots let alone equip battle avionics and tactical avionics while using a high end mk3 reactor.

• Added Caps for the amount of simultaneous Railjack Hazards (Fire, Electric, and Breaches). Your Railjack can only have 1 of each Hazard active at a time.
  • Drastically decreased the frequency of RJ Hazard types.
  • Made each RJ Hazard type more harmful to the ship.

While I fully agree that the hazards need to be more harmful to the ship, why cap it at one per type? How about you increase how harmful the hazards are when there's multiple and/or the longer you leave them without repair.

Void Hole

Decreased duration from 25 to 12 secs

Increased attraction strength

Maybe I am talking too fast and the increased attraction will make up for it (along with the reduced health/armor on the fighters), but as of now, I don't think this is necessary. Void hole is very strong but is not game breaking and has no need to be gutted to half it's duration.

Some of the other battle avionics I haven't played around with much but none of them felt like they needed a nerf.

Just under 500 Tenno will be playing these changes over the weekend for practical feedback. 

So a extremely small sample of players for a extremely short period of time gets to test this out before it goes live? The chosen players are mostly completely random except for a select few and may not even care for or have tried Railjack prior? Seems like a very fair test for very accurate feedback...

I'm still not sure what archmelee changes are for. I was trying to scan fast-moving ships with the Astral Autopsy mod and I think that mod just broken and didn't scan (yes, there's a bug record for it). I hope these upcoming changes make the archmelees to be more useful.

hace 2 horas, Nazzami dijo:

So this test version means that Avionics are using the highest cost which will need changing as so many have ridiculous cost values railjack are not warframes we cant forma away the cost.

From that stream, it appears that Hull Weave and Bulkhead avionics that we’re kept are the Vidar ones? I only have the Zekti versions for both (traded for both of em, over a hundred plat total...), does this mean I’m SOL and the ‘script’ will remove both my avionics and leave me with no Bulkhead nor Hull Weave avionics whatsoever?

DE, we REALLY need some further clarification on this....

13 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

I forgot to mention the most important reaction I had to these changes...............

NOTHING about PERMISSIONS ?!?!?!?!?!   

Your doing NOTHING about random people screwing you over when your the captain of your own damn railjack???  AKA doing nothing to encourage squad play?? Stopping trolls?? 

- pilot 

- flux abilities

-missiles

-refining

I dont know how the hell strafing made it onto your radar and this didnt....   I never used strafing or even heard of people strafing..  Not sure how its game breaking or warrants screwing over boost/drift.   I can guess why it started happening.  Our weapons are weak as hell versus veil fighters and if you dont have void hole.....  Rank 9 gunnery is literally all about boosting damage and heat disappation when you use weapons while drifting...... now your saying thats bad ???  lol. 

And navigation.  If they want to keep the ability of crew to use the nav console despite it not being their ship, then they need to put the voting system in-place that all the other missions have, and the host needs to have full veto power.  Host veto needs to lockout the nav console so that pubs can't spam missions/timer while the host is trying to do his thing.  You join a pub ship, you do what the host is doing, it's not your ship.

hace 1 hora, vinc120 dijo:

I don't usually post on the forums but I can't keep quiet after reading this. Here's some insights from someone who’s got 10/10/10/10 intrinsic and a fully decked ship with top avionics and mk3 components plus a decent amount of time spent doing Railjack missions. Some of the changes here just sound terrible. Why dumb down Railjack this much? I know that when you start out, it feels really weak and just makes you want to switch to your Amesha to kill everything but when it's fully upgraded, it feels very powerful and rewarding and it's a lot of fun while still not being a complete snooze-fest. I think that some of the suggested changes will just make Railjack less fun and overall worse in the long run. There is still a lot of improvements needed and the difficulty curve feels pretty off at the start (at least it did when I started at the beginning of Railjack), but this is not the answer.

This is probably the worst change and I beg you to reconsider. The ability to boost around is actually very enjoyable and adds some layers of skills to piloting the Railjack especially during combat. I don't want to just hold down shift to move between packs of fighters and just unload my weapons without using any maneuvers. I legitimately feel like most of the fun will just be gone if this goes through.

Again, why? Instead of having more options, we would be stuck with the one top avionic with much higher cost capacity? Currently, the ability to chose between the different manufacturers gives some form of choices. You can chose to go with the top manufacturer for an avionic and get the highest numbers but the capacity price will also be higher than the others or you can chose to go with a manufacturer with lower numbers but the capacity price also lower. If this goes through, then it pretty much removes all build diversity from Railjack. Why dumb it down this much?

At least are the avionic costs going to be fully revised too so we can fully equip our Railjacks with avionics when we use a mk3 reactor? With the current capacity cost for each avionic, you would barely be able to fully equip your 9 integrated slots let alone equip battle avionics and tactical avionics while using a high end mk3 reactor.

While I fully agree that the hazards need to be more harmful to the ship, why cap it at one per type? How about you increase how harmful the hazards are when there's multiple and/or the longer you leave them without repair.

Maybe I am talking too fast and the increased attraction will make up for it (along with the reduced health/armor on the fighters), but as of now, I don't think this is necessary. Void hole is very strong but is not game breaking and has no need to be gutted to half it's duration.

Some of the other battle avionics I haven't played around with much but none of them felt like they needed a nerf.

So a extremely small sample of players for a extremely short period of time gets to test this out before it goes live? The chosen players are mostly completely random except for a select few and may not even care for or have tried Railjack prior? Seems like a very fair test for very accurate feedback...

Thnx, someone had to say it.

I am personally mostly annoyed by the boost changes, alongside the change to avionics.

Like seriously I just watched brozime's video and void hole doesn't pull any faster, it only lasts for a shorter amount of time 

1 hour ago, vinc120 said:

I could not agree more. Apparently people who do not enjoy the content, and frankly will not be playing even after the changes, are going to help fix the content for those of us that play the content constantly, and enjoy the content. Is railjack perfect? No it's not, but it's going to be a lot less enjoyable if many of these changes are made.  

Just now, (XB1)TapelessDawn said:

Thnx, someone had to say it.

I am personally mostly annoyed by the boost changes, alongside the change to avionics.

Like seriously I just watched brozime's video and void hole doesn't pull any faster, it only lasts for a shorter amount of time 

I knew a VH nerf was coming.  I don't like it and I think it's BS, but I knew it was coming.  They always go for the head.  I bet Seeker Volley still does FA for damage.

hace 17 minutos, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan dijo:

I knew a VH nerf was coming.  I don't like it and I think it's BS, but I knew it was coming.  They always go for the head.  I bet Seeker Volley still does FA for damage.

Yeah, but hey if we make enough noise then maybe DE will at least not mess up a couple of things. Like the open testing, we made enough noise and they listened.

On 2020-04-24 at 11:08 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • Doubled the Railjack’s innate loot-pickup (Vacuum) Range.
  • Decreased the amount of time between landing the killing shot to the enemy explosion on Fighters (.1 - 1 sec) down from (1-3) seconds. The effect of this will be not only a quicker pace, but also a quicker time to spawn any drops. 

QoL welcome.

• Doubled the Railjack’s base Speed. 

Ok.

What is the point to have a boost speed only 25% higher than base speed at this cost ?

Double the drain if you want but let the Boost Speed at 100%, so we can still travel the same distance. And, instead, you should increase the boost modifier of engines and avionics, to have a choice between max Base Speed and max Boost Speed (for now, max Boost Speed mean max Base Speed because of insignifiant boost modifier offered by engines).

• Increased the Boost Speed cost of dodge. 

You should remove the cost of Vector Maneuver. I don't think there is only one people that want to get back stamina on Warframe.

• Made scale a factor in damage reduction and bonuses. This means Archwings and their weapons will do more damage to ships, while also taking less damage from them.

That would mean Amesha is no longer the only archwing barely viable ? Welcome i guess 😄

• Fixed inconsistencies with the sensitivities of the emplacement positions (side turrets now match the pilot turret)

What does that mean ? Mouse sensitivities ?

• Tripled values of Titanium and Asterite resource drops

I think it's now useless because of valence transfert.

• Halved the Health and Armour of all Grineer Fighters.

I think that doubling weapon damage would have the same effect. Except that bigger numbers are more fun.

• Decreased Railjack Shield Recharge delay from 5 to 3 seconds. 

Too OP. But do what you want.

• Added Caps for the amount of simultaneous Railjack Hazards (Fire, Electric, and Breaches). Your Railjack can only have 1 of each Hazard active at a time.
  • Drastically decreased the frequency of RJ Hazard types.
  • Made each RJ Hazard type more harmful to the ship.
  • Increased the amount of Omni Revolite required to remove hazard events, but increased the XP gained.
  • Doubled Revolite crafting yield from 50 to 100

I understand that it is more handlable for squad of 1 or 2 members. But it would be boring for a team of 3 or 4 members. And much less epic. Why don't you make the cap and probabilities multiplie with the number of Tenno in squad ? It would no longer makes sense to increase the cost of crafting and using revolite. Or would it be possible to multiplie  the quantity of cubic diode and Pustrul with the number of Tenno, then divide it by the number of Tenno on refine ?

• Increased the number of fighters in all alert stages.
  • Enemies now spawn much closer to the Railjack vs. 1000+ km away. 

That sound like we can't evade of a bad engagement.

Avionics Changes: 

When it comes to Avionics changes, there’s an overarching goal: Simplify Avionic management. 

• Each Integrated Avionic Type will now only exist with a single Manufacturer rather than three Manufacturer flavors.
  • The ‘retired’ Integrated Avionics will be removed from players inventory via a script.
  • The remaining Integrated Avionic for each Type will take on the values of the previously highest valued Avionic of it’s Type.
  • ALL Dirac used to upgrade Integrated Avionics will be refunded. This applies to both retired and remaining Avionics.

I'm afraid to misunderstand.

If we don't have the Zetki version of Bulkhead (for exemple), it's like we don't have Bulkhead ?

If we maked the choice to stay on specific house of an avionic because of the effect/capacity ratio, we can't do make this choice anymore ? And no, just lowered the rank of a Zetki avionic can't match the effect/capacity ratio of an other house.

Requires forward velocity to be active

Annoying for those who like the backward progression tactic.

Vortex is now attached to the front of your Railjack

Great for those who like backward progression tactic. Annoying for those who like the great combo with Void Hole and Shatter Burst.

Please remove duration. There is no duration on Particle Ram.

Fiery Phoenix

Decreased energy drain from 5 to 2.5 per sec

Please remove the drain. There is no drain on Particle Ram.

53 minutes ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

And navigation.  If they want to keep the ability of crew to use the nav console despite it not being their ship, then they need to put the voting system in-place that all the other missions have, and the host needs to have full veto power.  Host veto needs to lockout the nav console so that pubs can't spam missions/timer while the host is trying to do his thing.  You join a pub ship, you do what the host is doing, it's not your ship.

Yeah I knew I was forgetting something.   Just let us completely lock others out of navigation.  The ship goes where the captain wants.

10 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I know what you are saying and I am disagreeing with you. Unless they just had one reactor type with no negatives, which is what you seem to want. But the alternative is, you know, earning stuff that improves your railjack. Some might even call that content.

You offer nothing to make up for Vidar having lesser stats suddenly.

Nope thats not what i want id like to see all reactors being able to go to 100 capacity not just vidar but having the passives stay the same making it a bit easyer to get the purfect railjack for some people becouse from what iv seen on the pts the vidar reactors are still a masive RNG fest to get so geting 2 would take an extreamly long time to get 

If theyed make vidar reactors easyer to get that would be a better idea but it seams theyv increased the rng rather than redusing it 

18 minutes ago, (XB1)toughdragon17 said:

Nope thats not what i want id like to see all reactors being able to go to 100 capacity not just vidar but having the passives stay the same making it a bit easyer to get the purfect railjack for some people becouse from what iv seen on the pts the vidar reactors are still a masive RNG fest to get so geting 2 would take an extreamly long time to get 

If theyed make vidar reactors easyer to get that would be a better idea but it seams theyv increased the rng rather than redusing it 

You are literally saying what I say you are saying and you are denying. Why are you being so obtuse?

Not everything has to be easy. Some people like *gasp* a challenge.

From what iv seen of the new railjack revisited has done nothing to reduse the RNG of many things like reactors, engians and other things its still seems to be a giant grind island it even looks like instead of a reduction in rng they made a increas 

And they still havent removed relics from the end of mission drop tables to increase other drops 

hace 21 minutos, (XB1)toughdragon17 dijo:

Sir, you make no sense

1 minute ago, (XB1)TapelessDawn said:

Sir, you make no sense

Id like to see tha ability to valinse transfer zekti into zekti to make 100 capacity reactors and levan into levan to mske 100 capacity reactors so that vidar isnt the only reactor that can go to 100 so it would be a little easyer to get that purfect railjack 

Becouse geting 1 vidar reactors to fews in the pts still seems to be extreamly grindy  and 2 would be even more 

12 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

You are literally saying what I say you are saying and you are denying. Why are you being so obtuse?

Not everything has to be easy. Some people like *gasp* a challenge.

Im just trying to put some ideas out there to make the rng grind a little less of a problem 

By leting all the reactors being able to fuse into 100 caps it would lessen the grind for 100 cap reactors and the only thing you would half to get which is more of an option is the oassives for the reactor which are seperated by houses  

Just now, (XB1)toughdragon17 said:

Im just trying to put some ideas out there to make the rng grind a little less of a problem 

By leting all the reactors being able to fuse into 100 caps it would lessen the grind for 100 cap reactors and the only thing you would half to get which is more of an option is the oassives for the reactor which are seperated by houses  

Well your idea is a poor one. There's a billion other ways to approach that don't involve damaging the time investment of the better reactors or degrading the challenge to get what you want.

6 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Well your idea is a poor one. There's a billion other ways to approach that don't involve damaging the time investment of the better reactors or degrading the challenge to get what you want.

This is absolutely insane.  Stopping for a minute, let's dissect the point being made here.

I need to get RNG drops for a reactor.  The RNG is in the reward being given, and subsequently in the stats of the item.  This means that a 4% drop with a potential of 2 values being only 4 ranges means (4/100) * (1/4) * (1/4) = 4/1600 to get the best possible reactor.  That's 1/400 or 0.25% of a chance.  Is this a challenge....no.  It's RNG rolls limiting the ability of rewards.

Why do I feel confident saying this?  Well, I got lucky.  About 6 runs in I got a 100-90 reactor, and after hundreds of missions subsequently I've gotten an additional 3 reactors.  My first was ideal, and the remaining 3 top out at 98-70.  Allowing somebody to grind 2-3 reactors, build them, then combine them to get one viable reactor isn't stripping away the challenge of the game mode, it's allowing somebody to grind and earn the reward.

OK then, what is challenge in railjack?  Right now, there is none.  Enemy swarms come at you, and the solution is to use AoE powers to deny them.  Void Hole sticks enemies, then everything else is simply focusing enough fire to blow enemies up.  Some choose critical numbers, others choose ship durability.  Either ship build focuses on 2 or 3 battle avionics and maybe artillery to side-step the need for boarding.

How then do we get actual difficulty and challenge in railjack?  People are mistaking this game mode as needing challenge, but the issue is that the balance isn't present.  DE designed this as a team activity, and promised solo play would be possible with the command intrinsics.  They designed the thing to be less about to dog-fighting, and more about the railjack being a frigate.  The design concept defies challenge in any meaningful way because of that lack of focus.  If challenge was the goal we'd be the ones piloting fighters, similar to the old Rogue Squadron games, whereas instead we got Home World.  Management of resources, numbers games, and piloting a frigate where failure generally is avoidable through bigger numbers on equipment. 

Pretending that railljack was ever challenging is a joke.  It was a gear check....and that is kind of a challenge due to RNG drops.  DE needs to define if that's the way forward, which this rework is not doing.  If they can make it less about the avionics we could get a challenge.  Unfortunately, that's a lot of optimism and hope when the largest extent of these changes is primarily about harmonization to existing systems and not about making the mode more unique.

I like a lot of the changes in the outlined railjack workshop but also feel some concerns with other areas:

Railjack's base speed increase and lowered boost speed - By nerfing boosters in the upcoming changes, it will make the higher level missions unnecessarily long when trying to go to multiple objectives or trying to break every resources asteroids in the massive space maps.

Randomized amount of fighter kills - So exactly how many fighters could potentially appear in the missions? because I'm certain that players will reset their session if they got bad RNG and it told them to kill 120 fighters in a three objective veil mission.

Avionics change - it's a very good thing that the avionics are being streamlined into one type rather than the terrible three manufacturers and the associated drop chances. However, the refunds and removal of specific retired avionics is going to be a massive negative to those who have already invested a lot in their current ships since they are not being properly refunded for their time.

Here's hoping that the 500 players who will be test running the changes will give some assurance on these areas.

On 2020-04-24 at 4:08 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Avionics Changes: 

Are you freaking joking....

Again I grind out something and spend time actually playing the game and I get punished at the sake of casual players. Why not give everyone war too.

I literally have one of avionic available, because I stayed and played your game. 

Maybe the reason people keep complaining about nothing to do is they are given everything on platter. 

When are you going to start acting like you care about people that stay.

Archived