Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do all of you still play?

(PSN)KyleXY12345

Pretty much the banshee playstyle.

Banshee has the worst defensive tools out of any frame in the entire game, but can enable the strongest damage amplifier in the entire game. It's strong enough that regardless of weapon choice you can kill virtually anyone you mark with sonar using any weapon.

As a result, in most high level missions you are forced to defend yourself through good positioning and even better reflexes+accuracy as you are forced to down every enemy before they can hit you with the weapon you have on hand by striking randomly assigned weakpoints. It's a very skill based playstyle that makes you feel like you are improving both aim and positioning every mission. It's also a very unique and refreshing playstyle as the entire 300+ weapon arsenal this game has, is free game to pick from since you can use literally any weapon thanks to the damage buff. You also get freedom to mod the weapons however you please (meaning qol mods like recoil reduction and reload speed are genuine worthwhile considerations) rather than going for cookie cutter raw dps builds every time.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Obviousclone said:

Pretty much the banshee playstyle.

Banshee has the worst defensive tools out of any frame in the entire game, but can enable the strongest damage amplifier in the entire game. It's strong enough that regardless of weapon choice you can kill virtually anyone you mark with sonar using any weapon.

As a result, in most high level missions you are forced to defend yourself through good positioning and even better reflexes+accuracy as you are forced to down every enemy before they can hit you with the weapon you have on hand by striking randomly assigned weakpoints. It's a very skill based playstyle that makes you feel like you are improving both aim and positioning every mission. It's also a very unique and refreshing playstyle as the entire 300+ weapon arsenal this game has, is free game to pick from since you can use literally any weapon thanks to the damage buff. You also get freedom to mod the weapons however you please (meaning qol mods like recoil reduction and reload speed are genuine worthwhile considerations) rather than going for cookie cutter raw dps builds every time.

Get your logic outta here. Ima casual and that's called "tryharding" lol.

People shouldn't have to be good at games! I want all the rewards for just standing there taking bullets to the face.

• Like 1

I like it

Been here since 2013, got 99% of the stuffs in-game and i still enjoy it

The playstyle is fun and fluid, the warframe/weapons/ships look awesome, i dont need a group of people do to content, and the devs are cool.

The worst thing you can do is to make this as your only game, because the lack of endgame will just turn you into a b***h, but as long as you can play the game for what it is and you dont expect more the it can offer, then is great.

ps: as someone who sometimes checks twitch and youtube vids, i with DE would revise some of the "partners". the negative impact that some of them leave is more then i expected.

• Like 2

The game is still lots of fun to me. I love the lore, the gameplay, and the ability to hang out with the irl friends and my partner I can't see in person currently. I'm not as bothered by bugs as other people, and coming from other MMOs that have been handled worse by the developers I'm not as bothered by DE currently either. There's a huge difference between World of Warcraft for example and Warframe.

I still have fun and enjoy most of the updates. To me, the game keeps getting better, especially when i think about the game it was when i first started. Despite the growing discontent on forums, the game has improved in every aspect. i was here when the only thing to do when logging in was run void keys and play trade chat (and we still loved the game). Once they redid the star chart, the things to do when logging on has increased exponentially. Even the dojo can take hours of your time now, compared to when all you could do was basically create rooms and color them.

I think the modding and gear has a lot of depth too. Its one of the few games i have where i can waste an entire play session in the simulation. 

Its also easy to take a break without fear of missing out. That really helps me get back into it after a break and pick up where i left off. I thought NW was going to be the end of that, but im glad its more of a play at your own pace affair now. 

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 1

I like putting bullets in Grineer, and appreciate that the devs keep tinkering with their game. I never feel obligated to spend money. There are tons of options in order to play in a style that's fitting to you in most cases. They've been balancing out some of the most dramatic gulfs in effectiveness between weapons and styles, which makes it so more players can do things their own way without causing so many conflicts, in many cases. I have a lot to love about the game, and often feel I can just be myself in it and have a good time. 

• Like 3

I do play other games as well, but warframe's combat is incredibly addictive.  I've reached a point now though where I have almost everything (still need new Prime weapons) and all my other stuff I care about is forma'd. probably gonna work to a max rank Arcane Energize via Scarlet Spear and then keep my distance until Glass Maker comes out, because then it will be all systems go go go, as I insist on getting that SWEET shoulder armor and Landing Craft they showed.

bets ways to avoid burnout is to just pace your way through content and don't take it uber seriously. doubt I'll get all the other arcanes I want before Scarlet Spear ends, but it'll be back, and i reached the goal I wanted to reach, so that's all I need to do.

9 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

[insert response on how I don't play but keep stalking the Forums like a creepy Ex here]

I don't stalk, I just show up from time to time to cause trouble and make some agreeable comments to passively mine reputation, that's my new game

I like the gameplay, powers, character designs, customization, weapon variety and collecting things.  It's my favorite game and the only online multiplayer with loot collecting worth playing imo.  I used to play this alongside Destiny and D2 but that game has become a steaming pile of trash.  That being said, I still hate railjack and even my level of Warframe biased won't change that.

I hop in every few weeks or months, binge, then leave. If friends play then I stay longer. 

Problem is I feel like I don't have anything I truly like to do or feel like I want to strive and commit to. These railjacks are absolutely awesome compared to liches even if both had AWFUL releases. I don't want railjacks to become another form of Warframe abandonware.

I want railjacks to become THE thing with archwing. I would honestly love it if there was a game mode where teams of four formed a fleet of four and went to go raid space stations. I want a power upgrade to bring a railjack to open world to bombard the landscape with kick-ass broadsides. I want railjack to succeed, therefore I am playing more.

Edited by AshenHaze