Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Devstream 141 Feedback] Concerns with Corpus's new enemies, Jackyl rework, Corpus ship remaster and Deadlock Protocol as a whole.

SprinKah

Now, while I absolutely adore the work DE put into the Corpus ship remaster...it does raise some concerns for me about many things.

1) New enemies:

SO we saw a few new Corpus enemies within the Corpus ship remaster (Juno Elite Crewmen, Juno Dera Moa, etc...). While I like the new enemies' look, I still much much prefer the good old Corpus aesthetics.

Well, it's more because the Corpus boxy helmet design has been around the game since the VERY beginning. It's plasterred everywhere, Warframe art, trailers, game art, cinematics, nightwave cutscenes, etc... everyone KNOWS the Corpus for their boxy designs and aesthetics. Now we're replacing their iconic shape language with the new helmets introduced in Orb Vallis, which are pretty alien, compared to what's existed for years. They're done on enemies that are on CORPUS SHIP, one of the most common and wide-spread Corpus tileset as well, that's in most planets.

If perhaps EVENTUALLY....DE's going to go with this direction for ALL Corpus enemies...people are gonna look back at old and new assets and start asking confusingly "Are these dudes with box head Corpus or are THESE dudes with pointy helmet Corpus???"

Spoiler

Now, change is good and cool and all, but I'm worried about what this might mean for...existing Moa and Crewmen enemies. I certainly don't want to see the good old box head of the crewmen and Moa models to be thrown away. Corpus ship is probably one of the Corpus's most common tileset, pretty much everywhere in most planets. Venus, Pluto, Phobos, etc.... So it seems like DE is pretty much...;indirectly replacing all the Corpus current enemies with these... new red-looking guys

I gotta be honest with you. I feel like their whole appearance looks way too high profiled to be the new staple Corpus infantries.

At least keep the original color schemes! Vapos Corpus enemies are already red I don't think we need to make these guys red as well to add more confusion! They also use Supra which is like...a heavy machine gun and for them to ALL have it. I know it's a weird point but yeah. I guess I don't mind them updating the Corpus Moa model (at least make them green) but again...what does this mean for Vapos and Terra MOA and other similar enemies??? Are they gonna update them with the new Moa models shown in the Corpus SHip remaster as well?

Spoiler

87UNPuI.png

to 

Same with Corpus Sniper, Corpus nullifier, Shockwave Moa, Ospreys, etc etc...?? Are they also gonna do these appearance changes in masses to those enemies and others in Orb Vallis too?? 

I hope that these Juno Corpus guys are only specific to CORPUS ships within a specific planet region. 

This also makes me wonder about whether Grineer is gonna get the same treatment....Corpus enemies have been getting variants in different planet that differ greatly from each other...while the Grineer, has only been getting the same units but with some recolors. without any twists and turns. Like how Arid Elite Lancers and Elite Lancers are just the same, Hellion varients all do the same things, Butcher variants all do the same thing, etc...

The thing is that:

For years and years since the start of the game, Corpus has always had their boxy helmets, Grineer has always had their masks as the representation of their armor.

Like I said in the beginning, I think if they're going to mess with those iconic details....I think it's gonna create a big....aesthetic mess, people not recognizing what's Corpus, what's Grineer. WIth how widely those details have ingrained themselves into Warframe's imagery and media. 

2) Corpus ship remaster and Jackyl Rework:

Like I said, the Corpus ship remaster is like...super great, lots of interactions and things that build a great narrative.

But like I stated above, Corpus ship is such a common tileset, just like the Grineer Galleon and Asteroid to the Grineer...While it's good what they're doing with the Corpus ship, does it mean that the numerous planets that house Corpus ship missions, will be the absolute same, with same type of enemies and such? 

Gas City is different because it's a planet-specific tileset, just like Uranus and Ceres and such. So it can have its own special enemy variant. I don't think DE should just keep the normal Elite Crewmen and Moa in the Corpus ship remaster because it's such a wide-spread tileset, the enemy doesn't have to be...special.

Just like how Elite Lancers are the staple enemy in most Grineer tilesets right now. 

Kinda brings me into my next concern...the Jackyl Rework...well it's nothing too crazy of a concern I think...

I just wonder where the Jackyl will be now. what's gonna happen to Venus and its overall level numbers. Is the Jackyl gonna be put in a different planet instead of Venus. How would it make any sense since Jackyls do appear in Orb Vallis as a rather common-ish enemy....so if they move Jackyl away from Venus.... would it make any lore-wise sense....for continuity's sake?

This feedback post might be a bit messy I apologize. If you guys have anything to add and discuss, feel free.

Edited by SprinKah
  • Like 1

I agree that DE shouldn't rush to replace enemies with their new Jupiter rework enemies (based on the Orb Vallis enemies). I don't understand why they're doing that. They're not thinking about what that's doing to the new player experience at all.

However, I don't prefer the old Crewman and Moa aesthetic. I think they need to be updated. The default Crewman mesh (on which all Crewman variants are built) is imo outdated. Same with the default Moa mesh. I want to see the Crewman reworked, maybe a little less fat, with a reworked jumpsuit, maybe some armor built into the base mesh (so that they don't just look like janitors), maybe with some inspiration from one of the original Crewman concept art pieces:

Spoiler

2AUpx0C.jpg

Weapons like the Dera, Flux Rifle, Detron, Cestra, and Dual Cestra could also use some redesigns and PBR reworks as well.

I'd also like to see the Moa updated, mainly in its materials (so that it doesn't look plastic) but also so that it's aesthetic more closely matches the current Corpus aesthetic.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheGildedOni said:

I agree that DE shouldn't rush to replace enemies with their new Jupiter rework enemies (based on the Orb Vallis enemies). I don't understand why they're doing that. They're not thinking about what that's doing to the new player experience at all.

However, I don't prefer the old Crewman and Moa aesthetic. I think they need to be updated. The default Crewman mesh (on which all Crewman variants are built) is imo outdated. Same with the default Moa mesh. I want to see the Crewman reworked, maybe a little less fat, with a reworked jumpsuit, maybe some armor built into the base mesh (so that they don't just look like janitors), maybe with some inspiration from one of the original Crewman concept art pieces:

Spoiler

2AUpx0C.jpg

Weapons like the Dera, Flux Rifle, Detron, Cestra, and Dual Cestra could also use some redesigns and PBR reworks as well.

I'd also like to see the Moa updated, mainly in its materials (so that it doesn't look plastic) but also so that it's aesthetic more closely matches the current Corpus aesthetic.

Whatever they do, I just don't want the OG box head to be replaced dude. they can update the armor and do whatever with it but don't use the Terra/Vapos head variants. 

I guess I don't mind them updating the Moa models as well...but again with what I said, what are they gonna do about the Terra/vapos moas which still retain the old model.

And what''s gonna happen to the Nullifier and Sniper, Prodman, detron crewmen, tech, etc...that have the same og box helmet. It has sort of become the unique part of the Corpus I don't want to see them gone. At least, entirely. 

Honestly, the Corpus were well overdue with a redesign. The current aesthetic is just too outdated & bulky, that's not to say that the old design could never be used again in the case of old veterans & defectors, but their uniforms should be sleek, shiny & conventional. Moas themselves look incredibly outdated outside of Orb Vallis, so I'd gladly take newer designs any day. And yes, EVERY ship will have this new design, that's just how tileset reworks go. I wouldn't be surprised if Galleons & asteroid bases were to be changed "Primed Soon" as well. DE won't be changing levels, just the mechanics around Jackal's fight, whether or not this'll apply to that proxy's appearance in the Orb Vallis is beyond my understanding.

• Like 2

The Corpus Ship tileset isn't literally everywhere. Chances are the regular units are still going to exist on Venus, Europa, Neptune and Pluto in the Outpost and Ice Planet tilesets; from what I understand they are not changing those.

The Ship tileset does exist on those planets, but it is not the most common.

Edited by (NSW)Matt-S

5 minutes ago, Savire510 said:

That really feels like nitpicking

Well, it really depends, doesn't it? I guess some of it is, they matter a whole lot to me at least I dunno about you. 

But I did bring up points about whether or not Grineer is going to get the same sort of treatment as the Corpus has been with their old tileets. 

So for the tileset change... the corpus ship is literally the very first tileset ever existed in this game, I remember my 12-13yo self doing ALL of the starchart in the now called corpus ship tileset with the same 4-5 grineer enemies. That happened 7-8 years ago and the tileset didn't really changed just got the glass breaking and new lightning and thats all.
For the jackal. as much as I would like to see that soonTM for years segant rework(and a phoroid one too but thats a different question) jackal is frustrating af. it's an unique fight where you fly and fall down because if you dare to get close it makes an earthquake that will drop you into the side where fall and respwan 90% of the time.

2 minutes ago, AltairFerenc said:

So for the tileset change... the corpus ship is literally the very first tileset ever existed in this game, I remember my 12-13yo self doing ALL of the starchart in the now called corpus ship tileset with the same 4-5 grineer enemies. That happened 7-8 years ago and the tileset didn't really changed just got the glass breaking and new lightning and thats all.
For the jackal. as much as I would like to see that soonTM for years segant rework(and a phoroid one too but thats a different question) jackal is frustrating af. it's an unique fight where you fly and fall down because if you dare to get close it makes an earthquake that will drop you into the side where fall and respwan 90% of the time.

Oh no I don't mind the Corpus ship rework at all really. I'm glad we're getting that...I suppose it's more about the Corpus enemies that are getting replaced that make me anxious haha.

And for the Sargeant, I think they're reserving him for Nef Anyo or something. He was originally called Sgt.Nef Anyo after all, and they were designing a boss fight for him way back but I guess it was postponed.

12 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

The Jackal fight was a very frustrating difficult fight early in the game. I hope the changes are for the better and don't impact it negatively.

from what we've seen it looks like an amped up version of the current Jackyl fight so I'm not sure. But it is at lvl 30 which isn't what the current Jackyl is currentlly in so maybe...planet change. 

14 minutes ago, (NSW)Matt-S said:

The Corpus Ship tileset isn't literally everywhere. Chances are the regular units are still going to exist on Venus, Europa, Neptune and Pluto in the Outpost and Ice Planet tilesets; from what I understand they are not changing those.

The Ship tileset does exist on those planets, but it is not the most common.

Yeah but that's the deal with it though, it's on every planet. I feel like DE giving the remastered Corpus ship with its own NAMED variant of enemies. Like Arid, Vapos, Drekar, etc..., this time they're called Juno...i dunno, I don't thinking its itting for a wide-spread tileset like it. 

It's like, Galleon and Asteroid right? They're Grineer version of the Corpus ship but we see them with just Lancer, Trooper, Butcher. So I suppose I just expect the Remastered Corpus Ship to do the same, go with just...Crewman, Moa, etc...not with this whole Juno. Maybe preserve that name for maybe....a rework of another, planet-specific tileset like Gas City.

It's probably a rather strange thing to mind about but yeah...

2 minutes ago, SprinKah said:

from what we've seen it looks like an amped up version of the current Jackyl fight so I'm not sure. But it is at lvl 30 which isn't what the current Jackyl is currentlly in so maybe...planet change. 

well what I've seen there's no holes to fall it, he didn't stomp all the time(or didn't got time to) and from an arena we will have a moving thing after parazon(?) excecution thing wich is nice. Just don't make it like the ambulas fight. The fiht itself is cool but it eats up the thing you need to go in so you have to farm the nav corrs just to get into a long boos fight to farm a frame wich is not good. As well as a new commer the boss fight not amkes sense, just imagine it you just regsitred barely got there and the dude speaks a lot, feels shocked when the other dude is "the shadow investor" for a new player who was not there when the ambulas reborn event happened none if that makes sense. I just hope they do not do this for the jackal.

7 minutes ago, SprinKah said:

And for the Sargeant, I think they're reserving him for Nef Anyo or something. He was originally called Sgt.Nef Anyo after all, and they were designing a boss fight for him way back but I guess it was postponed.

yeah that thing won't happen soon if ever it's been a good chunkc of years. But looking at the shedu and how they showed it first in a devstream not long after the second dream and we just got it... Maybe 1 or 2 year later we might see nef anyo lower body in a fight.

I do slightly prefer the blockier design, but not by a lot. It is actually the colors that put me off. I hope they all come in a variety of colors each, maybe according to their rank aboard the ship or what type of model moa it is...and I would certainly prefer the basic color moa, the most common one, to have a color different from the most common corpus units. If not, then the tileset is going to have a passively boring feel to it while playing it. The more visual variety you encounter while going through it possibly hundreds of times (which is a sort of "endurance" test that is an absolute necessity for a game like this), the better.

You know what I would appreciate the most though, that I only noticed through the updated jackal fight?

The jackal's moves are fluid like water. I want every enemy that is being reworked (especially the most common units) to be like that. The dinosaur-aged animations of both grineer and corpus alike are long overdue for a rework. Take for instance the animation you do when you place a reservoir with wisp. It feels like a human moving (because probably it was). That's not the case for all the actions a footsoldier on the enemy team might take, such as throwing a grenade clumsily, taking cover and first but foremost: suddenly shifting directions while moving. I really want to see something like this on common units. Please please please.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, (PS4)IndianChiefJeff said:

Honestly, the Corpus were well overdue with a redesign. The current aesthetic is just too outdated & bulky, that's not to say that the old design could never be used again in the case of old veterans & defectors, but their uniforms should be sleek, shiny & conventional. Moas themselves look incredibly outdated outside of Orb Vallis, so I'd gladly take newer designs any day. And yes, EVERY ship will have this new design, that's just how tileset reworks go. I wouldn't be surprised if Galleons & asteroid bases were to be changed "Primed Soon" as well. DE won't be changing levels, just the mechanics around Jackal's fight, whether or not this'll apply to that proxy's appearance in the Orb Vallis is beyond my understanding.

Redesign huh...Isn't it fine for the Corpus to go about with their....boxt appeance? I don't think the Corpus OG Boxhelmet is outdated at all, if anything, it's what represents the Corpus. It has that..."standard issued" vibe to the Corpus, the new helmets look cool but again with what I said, they do look a bit too high-profiled. Maybe they suit being like....elite special unit, high tier equipment sort of deal more, and not for the common grunts, y'know. Same with the new guys wielding Surpras, Imo it's a bit....out of placed because it was meant to be like.....the heavy support weapon that only big guys like a Corpus Tech can use or something haha. Rather strange huh? Sorry but that's what I feel.

But yeah I do hope we're gonna get Grineer tileset reworks and such at this level of detail as the recent ones as well. Hopefully. 

Also, compare Grineer enemies with Corpus enemies. Corpus has been getting different variants that actually differ from each other (Vapos with Exergis and Terra with Tetra, etc...) While the Grineer has only been getting slight recolored variants of the same unit with same weapons over and over again. 

• Like 1

If any corpus unit needs a redesign it should be nullifiers. Or more specifically, the fact they can cancel AoE ults like cataclysm if their bubble so much as brushes against it, which is a rather frustrating feeling. Nullifiers should work more like the arbiter drones, in that units under the nullifiers influence are immune to an ability's effects, but it doesn't outright cancel it.

So instead of cancelling cataclysm, Mass Vitrify, strangledome, etc, nullifiers would just ferry units across until their bubble gets popped.

Corpus spy vaults also need a redesign balance wise. I actually find they're easier than Grineer vaults, as they don't have patrolling drones, the cameras are really easy to destroy and the lasers aren't that hard to avoid. You'd think the most technologically advanced faction who can counter Tenno abilities would have the best security measures in the game.

Edited by CthuluIsSpy

9 minutes ago, SprinKah said:

Also, compare Grineer enemies with Corpus enemies. Corpus has been getting different variants that actually differ from each other (Vapos with Exergis and Terra with Tetra, etc...) While the Grineer has only been getting slight recolored variants of the same unit with same weapons over and over again. 

I notice you seem to be leaving out Kuva, Tusk, and all Railjack Grineer units. Kuva and Railjack variants are much like Vapos units where the overall mechanics of each enemy is the same, they're just equipped with different weapons (i am not counting Amalgam corpus into this category.) and Tusk Grineer are much like Terra Corpus where enemies have entirely new attacks and mechanics. Though i will say i do wish the plains had more normal large scale enemies like how the vallis has Jackals and Raptors.

All of this is simply because Grineer had been getting variants very early into the game's life and back then DE didn't have the budget to change things that weren't their appearance. Meanwhile the Corpus never recieved variants of any kind until Fortuna came out, which was only a couple years ago. And since even before then, Grineer had been starting to get variants that actually differ, most notably with what weapons they use in combat. A change of weapons alone can give an entirely new feel to enemies as their accuracy and damage will be different than the normal versions.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SprinKah said:

Redesign huh...Isn't it fine for the Corpus to go about with their....boxt appeance? I don't think the Corpus OG Boxhelmet is outdated at all, if anything, it's what represents the Corpus. It has that..."standard issued" vibe to the Corpus, the new helmets look cool but again with what I said, they do look a bit too high-profiled. Maybe they suit being like....elite special unit, high tier equipment sort of deal more, and not for the common grunts, y'know. Same with the new guys wielding Surpras, Imo it's a bit....out of placed because it was meant to be like.....the heavy support weapon that only big guys like a Corpus Tech can use or something haha. Rather strange huh? Sorry but that's what I feel.

But yeah I do hope we're gonna get Grineer tileset reworks and such at this level of detail as the recent ones as well. Hopefully. 

It is absolutely outdated and doesn't match the quality of the rest of the game, imo. I don't think they should get rid of the box helmet, but I do think it should be updated to reflect the quality and complexity of later Corpus helmets. I'd also like the Crewmen to not be fat. Grineer certainly need to be updated as well with more diversity, maybe with different gear on their armor, different pouches, different ammo.

25 minutes ago, BlackCat500 said:

I do slightly prefer the blockier design, but not by a lot. It is actually the colors that put me off. I hope they all come in a variety of colors each, maybe according to their rank aboard the ship or what type of model moa it is...and I would certainly prefer the basic color moa, the most common one, to have a color different from the most common corpus units. If not, then the tileset is going to have a passively boring feel to it while playing it. The more visual variety you encounter while going through it possibly hundreds of times (which is a sort of "endurance" test that is an absolute necessity for a game like this), the better.

You know what I would appreciate the most though, that I only noticed through the updated jackal fight?

The jackal's moves are fluid like water. I want every enemy that is being reworked (especially the most common units) to be like that. The dinosaur-aged animations of both grineer and corpus alike are long overdue for a rework. Take for instance the animation you do when you place a reservoir with wisp. It feels like a human moving (because probably it was). That's not the case for all the actions a footsoldier on the enemy team might take, such as throwing a grenade clumsily, taking cover and first but foremost: suddenly shifting directions while moving. I really want to see something like this on common units. Please please please.

I want all animations (enemies, Warframes, and Tenno) to be updated, particularly movement animations (running, sprinting, walking). They're the only things in the game that haven't been reworked. They look bad. LIke a bad 2000s game bad. The game needs Animations 2.0. It'll improve the feel of the gameplay, and after 7 years, it's long overdue.

Edited by TheGildedOni
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, SprinKah said:

Whatever they do, I just don't want the OG box head to be replaced dude.

Personally, I feel the exact opposite. I want the old low-poly, really dated-looking models to be updated and redesigned. I might not like the Terra Corpus faction in terms of power balance, but I do like their overall design aesthetic. It's a matter of personal preference, obviously, but I see nothing in their old designs that I don't like better in the new ones.

As to the overall ship redesign, I don't think you should expect to see Elites at level 1. The existing Corpus Ship tileset is already capable spawning both Crewmen and Elite Crewmen depending on the mission level. There's also no reason why the Jackal needs to be moved from Venus, either. Why would it? It's been showing up in a Corpus Ship tileset all along, I see no reason to change its location.

48 minutes ago, Sacronian said:

I notice you seem to be leaving out Kuva, Tusk, and all Railjack Grineer units. Kuva and Railjack variants are much like Vapos units where the overall mechanics of each enemy is the same, they're just equipped with different weapons (i am not counting Amalgam corpus into this category.) and Tusk Grineer are much like Terra Corpus where enemies have entirely new attacks and mechanics. Though i will say i do wish the plains had more normal large scale enemies like how the vallis has Jackals and Raptors.

All of this is simply because Grineer had been getting variants very early into the game's life and back then DE didn't have the budget to change things that weren't their appearance. Meanwhile the Corpus never recieved variants of any kind until Fortuna came out, which was only a couple years ago. And since even before then, Grineer had been starting to get variants that actually differ, most notably with what weapons they use in combat. A change of weapons alone can give an entirely new feel to enemies as their accuracy and damage will be different than the normal versions.

Most Tusk and Kuva enemies are kind of just the same as each other. 

Elite Lancers from both use Grinlok and ice grenade, as well as shield lancers, Hellions, Balistas, Butcher, Napalm they are all pretty much the same without any difference (maybe with slight HP difference). About Railjack Grineer enemies, we'll see if the Corpus ones will be like to compare 😕

I know they aren't ALL the same but certainly, most of them are. I hope one day DE will go back tot hem all and actually make every single enemy variants in different tilesets differ from each other. 

48 minutes ago, TheGildedOni said:

It is absolutely outdated and doesn't match the quality of the rest of the game, imo. I don't think they should get rid of the box helmet, but I do think it should be updated to reflect the quality and complexity of later Corpus helmets. I'd also like the Crewmen to not be fat. Grineer certainly need to be updated as well with more diversity, maybe with different gear on their armor, different pouches, different ammo.

I want all animations (enemies, Warframes, and Tenno) to be updated, particularly movement animations (running, sprinting, walking). They're the only things in the game that haven't been reworked. They look bad. LIke a bad 2000s game bad. The game needs Animations 2.0. It'll improve the feel of the gameplay, and after 7 years, it's long overdue.

I'm pretty sure their boxy helmet got PBR like way back already though. They're pretty much the same to the new helmets introduced in Orb Vallis, in terms of textures and quality. Though if I'm wrong, yeah I do hope they go back to that. I wouldn't say the Corpus Crewmen are fat though, it's just their space suits that have some puffs to them haha. 

And yeah, certainly wish that one of these days we'll see some NPC AI and animation revamp 😕

2 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

Personally, I feel the exact opposite. I want the old low-poly, really dated-looking models to be updated and redesigned. I might not like the Terra Corpus faction in terms of power balance, but I do like their overall design aesthetic. It's a matter of personal preference, obviously, but I see nothing in their old designs that I don't like better in the new ones.

As to the overall ship redesign, I don't think you should expect to see Elites at level 1. The existing Corpus Ship tileset is already capable spawning both Crewmen and Elite Crewmen depending on the mission level. There's also no reason why the Jackal needs to be moved from Venus, either. Why would it? It's been showing up in a Corpus Ship tileset all along, I see no reason to change its location.

I wouldn't even say the boxy helmet's quality is THAT bad, but certainly the new helmets are cooler in terms of look. But the Corpus boxy helmet has been around the game and splattered itself everywhere already. If anything, I hope they'd go out of their way maybe...and at least replace the models witth he boxy helmet. Because personally it'd be strange to see the inconsistency. I

magine DE going full Terra helmets but then you see the old boxy helmet crewmen in Codex and diorammas and pictures and such. Does it affect gameplay? No but it'd just be so weird....

Elite enemies are known to replace non-elite ones after a certain lvl. For both Corpus and Grineer, after lvl 15, Elite ones will replace both Lancers and Crewmen so I don't really expect it. Also, jackyl is currently in Venus, which is lvl 12 or so. But in the devstream it showed Jackyl and the enemies you fight going to it at lvl 30. Unless it's a placeholder number or DE increased the difficulty level on Venus, that's why I think Jackyl mgiht have been moved to a different region but I'm just speculating. 

1 hour ago, AnimPL said:

I personally like new models, but colors should really stay blue, green and white

(sorry for my bad english)

Yeah I think I can get behind them but really...I just hope they'll keep the usual color schemes. Also the fact that Vapos Corpus guys alrready wear red, it'd be rather confusing I suppose. 

• Like 1

But in the devstream it showed Jackyl and the enemies you fight going to it at lvl 30. Unless it's a placeholder number or DE increased the difficulty level on Venus, that's why I think Jackyl mgiht have been moved to a different region but I'm just speculating. 

They're running a hacked-together dev build with descriptions that read "Description here." I suspect the entire tileset runs at this level regardless of mission node. We never actually saw how Rebecca even got to them, since she swapped screens while doing it. Feels like she was sing dev hacks to trigger missions, rather than picking them off the Star Chart. Steve went out of his way to talk about how the Jackal is the first boss most players meet, so I doubt they'd push his mission to 30. That would be fairly dumb, so I see no reason to worry about it.

I wouldn't even say the boxy helmet's quality is THAT bad, but certainly the new helmets are cooler in terms of look. But the Corpus boxy helmet has been around the game and splattered itself everywhere already. If anything, I hope they'd go out of their way maybe...and at least replace the models witth he boxy helmet. Because personally it'd be strange to see the inconsistency.

I expect we'll eventually see ALL Corpus forces redesigned - at least I hope to. You're going to see inconsistency until then. I mean think about it - right now we have at least four versions of the Corpus Ship tileset. You have the standard Corpus Ship, you have the Venus/Pluto Corpus Ice Planet which is built partially out of ship tileset pieces and uses ship Spy Vaults, you have the Europa Corpus Ship Crash Site tileset which in a lot of cases is built out of modified Corpus rooms and still uses same Spy Vaults and you have the Infested Corpus Ship which doesn't share entire rooms but shares art assets a lot. The new Corpus Ship design isn't just an up-rezzing of the old assets. It also has a completely different "feel" to it, moving away from the generic space opera industrial sci-fi look and more towards Destiny style sci-fi fantasy religious iconography. That's going to clash HARD with essentially anything else Corpus-designed that's not in Orb Vallis up until they can get around to redesigning all of the above.

Personally, I'd like to see "generic" faction enemies disappear altogether, replaced by individual subfaction variants. Rather than JUST a Crewman, I'd prefer to have a Vapos Crewman or a Terra Crewman or something of the same nature. Rather than just a Lancer, I'd rather see an Arid Lancer or a Tusk Lancer or a Kuva Lancer. Rather than the "generic soldiers we had at Launch when there was no variety," I'd much rather have a more diverse set of Corpus soldiers assigned to different tilesets. The Grineer already MOSTLY have that, with standard-issue soldiers appearing mostly on Galleon, Asteroid and Shipyard tilesets. Point being - rather than trying to retain the old faction-wide designs, I'd prefer to have more subdivisions with their own unique colour schemes, weapons and general visual design.

17 hours ago, SprinKah said:

Corpus ship is probably one of the Corpus's most common tileset

As another note, the Corpus Ship tile is the first and oldest tileset in the game. Back in 2012, the Grineer and the Corpus Ship used to be the only parts of the game.

I'm fine with more divisions of the Corpus, considering that this is their fourth variant (normal, Terra, Vapos, and soon Juno) compared to the Grineer (normal, Frontier, Arid, Drekar, Kuva, Nightwatch, Tusk, and Gokstad with their three regional divisions). Considering what happened with the balancing of the Vapos Corpus, DE understood why enemy design and balance like the Terra Corpus is just straight-up awful.

• Like 1