The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Worst mechanics In Warframe

52 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Just my personal opinion, but Toroid farming isn't so bad. They might have done something about the drop chance, because last time I've tried I felt they fall like candy, compared to what was the case back when Orb Vallis was new. Or have I gotten used to grinding more over the time passed? Huh. Anyway, if you're not in a hurry, I suggest to wait for an opportunity of boosted drop chance (Thermia fractures under control, login reward booster, booster sold by Baro - if you want one for free). I rarely farming anything nowadays without a booster - those have a positive effect on one's mental health!

According to the wiki, as of 25.7.4 the drop rate was increase from 1.1% to 2%. Maybe I'm just having bad RNG luck. I spent about 20 minutes today killing enemies at the spaceport and got a single Toroid.
I know I've had better luck before with a drop booster but I'm usually focused on some other aspect when I get one and forget to go OV. I must remember to go back next time I get one (come on Baro, daddy needs some Toroids!)

For comparison sake, the sentient cores for The Quills drop so frequently now that it's almost silly. Just playing Scarlet Spear alone I can max out my daily quota with ease.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, (PS4)crashteddy03 said:

According to the wiki, as of 25.7.4 the drop rate was increase from 1.1% to 2%. Maybe I'm just having bad RNG luck. I spent about 20 minutes today killing enemies at the spaceport and got a single Toroid.
I know I've had better luck before with a drop booster but I'm usually focused on some other aspect when I get one and forget to go OV. I must remember to go back next time I get one (come on Baro, daddy needs some Toroids!)

Well, maybe I was the one with incredible luck (or teammates with additional booster), who knows? And there's so much to do in this game, I'm always forgetting something too. I'll have to buy one of those note beacons or what's its name, and put messages next to the Navigation. "Do Sorties!" "Farm Toroids when booster is active!" "Try playing Conclave!"

19 minutes ago, (PS4)crashteddy03 said:

For comparison sake, the sentient cores for The Quills drop so frequently now that it's almost silly. Just playing Scarlet Spear alone I can max out my daily quota with ease.

Yeah, and the Vox Solaris are Quill too, so I don't know why they had to make the standing farm so painful for VS. Oh yes, I need another post-it on the Navigation console: "Cash in sentient cores!" I always forget that, dammit!

• Like 1

The combat boiling down to just a damage trade, which incentivizes exclusively high survivability and AoE nuking, instead of being a skill based system where enemies have mechanics to avoid or dispatch them more quickly (the only instance of this being done right is the Nox)

The general lack of balance in our armaments: any top tier single target weapon has to compete, in the same slot, with guns capable of blanketing huge areas with even higher damage than they can do to a single enemy. 

Our incredible mobility being used just to salmon flop from point A to B (there's way too much reliance on bullet jump when traversing an environment, mainly because we have no way to build up momentum, Titanfall style, and thus rely only on the highest burst of speed available)

Animations being unpolished and buggy

• Like 3

On 2020-04-25 at 4:17 PM, Savire510 said:

even magus lockdown and magus repair?

i personally feel that operators where the beginning of a decrease in difficulty across the whole game, as operators act as a ridiculous crutch for people, bad at energy management? use zenurik, dying all the time? use vazarin. And then the arcanes are just stupidly strong.

the next part for me was shield gating, since its release there are countless times i probably shouldve died because i overextended but instead i get a grace period once my shield breaks that allows me to just walk away.

personally i thing the downfall of this game will be its desire to cater to worse/newer players and whilst i thing there's nothing wrong with that whatsoever it shouldn't be done by making the game easier

10 minutes ago, eternalriot said:

i personally feel that operators where the beginning of a decrease in difficulty across the whole game, as operators act as a ridiculous crutch for people, bad at energy management? use zenurik, dying all the time? use vazarin. And then the arcanes are just stupidly strong.

the next part for me was shield gating, since its release there are countless times i probably shouldve died because i overextended but instead i get a grace period once my shield breaks that allows me to just walk away.

personally i thing the downfall of this game will be its desire to cater to worse/newer players and whilst i thing there's nothing wrong with that whatsoever it shouldn't be done by making the game easier

I hope DE adds missions with higher levels 150-250+, because it is now playable without broken scalling from ancient warframe times. Before recent changes enemy aim beyond 100lvl turned into aimbot, enemy armor DR went into space. Ofcourse it was doable, but i wouldnt really call that level scalling fun and challenging but rather annoying. To make these changes really matter DE has to add higher level missions, otherwise its just wasted potential.

Edited by Savire510

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Savire510:

I hope DE adds missions with higher levels 150-250+, because it is now playable without broken scalling from ancient warframe times. Before recent changes enemy aim beyond 100lvl turned into aimbot, enemy armor DR went into space. Ofcourse it was doable, but i wouldnt really call that level scalling fun and challenging but rather annoying. To make these changes really matter DE has to add higher level missions, otherwise its just wasted potential.

First give me some mechanics, just highering the level won't make it more challangeing, just taking longer, needing 3 shots instead of one then onyl giving enemys a better chance to one shot you even with shieldgating now. Give me unique designs and better gameplay for Eximus units to stick out more and having you to focus on them better, like a big brute just slammign trough his own allys to get to us and if he hits you you just ge trown around and killed if you not avoid it, L4D Tank or Charger style kinda.

Increasing the level won't solve the main problem, stop acting that this is what it all comes down to, Railjack had high level and resistant enemies before rework  and it only was boring and came down to having the best equipment but not your skill, not like you can do much with your flying junk scrapmetal anyway, no suprise they lost the war with this carboard ship.

Main point is, give me more weakpoints without invlnerability, make me think outside the box, use the envoirment to kill enemys, give me mechancis like in some Boss fights, Invulnerabliltiy faces are crap yes but rather fight Sargas Ruk or Lech Kril over anything else in game that is jsut a bulletsponge, including Eidolons, there weakpoints itself are big bulletsponges and there shields but besides keeping lures alive no mechanic whatsover.

Edited by Marine027
Typos
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, (PS4)crashteddy03 said:

According to the wiki, as of 25.7.4 the drop rate was increase from 1.1% to 2%.

Not to hijack a thread but can somebody please explain to me how a 0.9% increase was anything other than a slap in the face from DE on the matter of Toroids?

These aren't super rare gameplay changing mods, they are literally NEEDED to progress in the faction.

How did they get the PoE standing grind with the Quills right but so badly fark up Vox Solaris???

• Like 4

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Aldain:

Not to hijack a thread but can somebody please explain to me how a 0.9% increase was anything other than a slap in the face from DE on the matter of Toroids?

These aren't super rare gameplay changing mods, they are literally NEEDED to progress in the faction.

How did they get the PoE standing grind with the Quills right but so badly fark up Vox Solaris???

Fortuna did so much right what Plains didn't i mean, we have Ticker you can literally buy standing from basically. Quills, easy to do witth some Eidolons due they drop like mad there. Vox tho, no idea what they were thinking, i mean why aren't the missions in the backroom for Vox Solaris? Instead it is jsut Solaris United you can levle already so easy. Why are there no bountys in general for it? Only thing you have is a random chance of some extra torids as bounty reward, which is more efficnet if i jsut stay in Bounty 2 of the Profittaker and jsut stay there with enemys spawn endless and just farm instead, it just feels so slow, profittaker itself is worthless also if oyu not geta godo group so you rather farm 6 toroids instead of the one the Taker drops, Exploiter is nice but last time i did it it bugged alot and not spawned eruptions anymore. So that is waste of time and often to do with luck also.

DE just increase the standign a toroid gives simply please, give us bountys we can do for the standing instead of just farming one spot of the three spots over and over.

26 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Technically, It's almost double the drop rate, and it's definitely noticeable, just with Nekros you can probably get 1 every two minutes. After all, you are doing something very wrong if you are farming Vox Solaris through standard toroids, Profit Taker and Exploiter are way more efficient, Vega/Sola/Calda are mandatory only for the rank up requirements and gear crafting. The Quills to be honest were a little too easy, as a couple of tridolons can easily get you from rank zero to 5, or at least that is what it felt like to me. 

9 minutes ago, FaridRLz said:

Mirage's third ability Eclipse, you cannot reliable control it's buff it only depends on the environment light

This made me think of Zephyr's Tornadoes. Those things just spawn and go where they feel like! Could be a nice CC ability, but not having the option to control them makes them almost entirely worthless.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

This made me think of Zephyr's Tornadoes. Those things just spawn and go where they feel like! Could be a nice CC ability, but not having the option to control them makes them almost entirely worthless.

You can actually control them by aiming your gun, but it's not an efficient way to control them

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FaridRLz said:

You can actually control them by aiming your gun, but it's not an efficient way to control them

Yes, usually one of them kind of goes where I aim (not every time though), the others just fly in random directions.

• Like 1

vor 18 Minuten schrieb (PS4)NWOslave:

The inability to take off focus lenses from a frame or weapon.

Or deactivate it compeltly, the Focus Orb gets on my nerves honestly after all focus maxed out and no point ot keep farming more.

• Like 1

Ash's Marking is Worst

Best is Operators 🙂 make them better.

Games are always more fun with a created character over a premade one. Then I don't have to worry about DE never letting me buy Hydroid deluxe ever.

Edited by Wolfdoggie

The relic upgrade system feels unfair sometimes. If I upgraded my relic to radiant it should not give me common drops anymore, feels like a lot of wasted time. Would be good if we could combine multiple radiant relics to increase rare drop chance, because I have many raidant relics from other events I don't intend to use, and don't need the rewards to trade at Baro or for platinum, I just want a better chance to get the things I don't have yet.

• Like 3

I guess for me there alot things that are not good i encounter but only few thing where i only can not realy accept what that conzept was trying to accomplish.

so The Top Worst mechanic is for me K-Drive
1. Handeling well i saw other people struggel with develloping skateboard mechaniks so maybee it is not that easy but well now i have the same problems i saw and almost no gain for that
2. Speed  for me it just is to slow to use it for transportation in the open worlds because if i cant fly why would i drive i can fly over a mountain but if im driving i have to find away over it or just have to go around it

3 Combocounter well what can i say exept sometimes i just brakes and trows you out your combo so you have to start over and the dubble landings are making me sick with the popup like there wehre happen something bad just because you dropt a scond time on the ground after you land your combo i dont realy understand why it would be nessesary to make me belief i did something bad there

• Like 2

Night Wave being a thing

Lich

Ember's rework

Removal of self damage

Archwing

Rail jack 

Ripline on archwing

Players hiding and going inactive during def missions with no way of giving them the boot

Players wasting life support at 80% - 90%

Removal of blueprints for bait and forced to buy it

• Like 3