Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Few Questions I've Bin Having :)

sinergize

Question

hello evryone,

i myself seem to enjoy snipers in alot of games .

and my question relevant to this is ...is it doable to play with a sniper ?

as from what ive seen so far i would think no ...mobs storming in in groups => team mates killing them before i even get the chance to aim (you know what i mean)

so again im guessing a sniper in the distance covering his team is pointless ?

or are these weapons made for stealth ? paris bow etc ? maybe solo play is more there choice to play ?

loki warframe .

im guessing that when i upgrade my skills "radial disarm' and "switch teleport' it increases range only seeing theres no damg / duration ?

weapons.

am i rigth to say that elemental dmg works together ? for example i put fire/ice/electric dmg all in 1 weapon i will get all 3 to proc/do dmg ? and is this worth it ?

im sorry for all the questions i Always try to google / wiki myself but there seems to be so many copntradicting posts/forums/info that its making me less informed then i already was !

english aint my native language so ty for trying to understand and possibly giving me an answer!!

edit: mistakes!

Edited by sinergize

6 answers to this question

and my question relevant to this is ...is it doable to play with a sniper ?

It is, but it's more difficult than a more run and gun playstyle since many maps are relatively enclosed. Some maps (planetary outposts usually) are more open and better for sniping though.

You also need a good sniper rifle, of course. Snipetron Vandal is good if you've got it but you probably don't since it's an event reward. Else Lanka is the best sniper rifle. The vulkar is utter crap.

The Latron or its bigger brother the Latron Prime is decent as a marksman rifle; you won't oneshot enemies, but it's accurate and reliable.

as from what ive seen so far i would think no ...mobs storming in in groups => team mates killing them before i even get the chance to aim (you know what i mean)

The strength of sniper rifles is immense single target damage. You're best off hunting heavies if you've got a sniper rifle, though it's also possible to mow through normal enemies quickly if you get a good rhythm going.

or are these weapons made for stealth ? paris bow etc ? maybe solo play is more there choice to play ?

Sniping is more viable in solo play, yeah. With the bows, thunderbolt gives you good AOE vs mobs so you can kill groups about as fast as your team.

weapons.

am i rigth to say that elemental dmg works together ? for example i put fire/ice/electric dmg all in 1 weapon i will get all 3 to proc/do dmg ? and is this worth it ?

You're right in that they all apply. As to whether it's worth it, that depends on the weapon.

The Soma, for instance, doesn't get much from a rainbow build. You want pure crit (point strike/vital strike/hammershot, preferably all three). The Lanka does. As a rule, the higher base damage a weapon has, the more it gets from elemental mods.

nice,

alot of good information in a short period of time :)

ty both for the quick responses ill see if i can put what ive learned so far into the game!

maybe a last question on shotguns ? ive bin afraid to try one out are they really as good as they look ?

can they hit more then 1 target at the same time ? or is evry weapon other then melee a single target weapon without mods ?

any you would reccomend maybe ?

nice,

maybe a last question on shotguns ? ive bin afraid to try one out are they really as good as they look ?

At close range they are very powerful. However, their damage falls off fairly quickly, meaning that distant targets will take very low damage. Shotguns are mainly for close range work.

Hek and Sobek are the two kings of shotguns at the moment. Strun Wraith is even better, but it's another event reward so if you don't have it already, you won't be able to get it.

As far as whether they're good... Yeah. The Hek and Sobek are generally good. Hek has lots of damage and great ammo efficiency. Sobek has worse ammo efficiency but higher DPS because it's full auto. Hek vs Sobek depends on your playstyle, whether you like an automatic or semi-auto shotgun.

The shotgun mods really shine, because with accelerated blast and flechette, you can get over +100% in AP damage, making them not bad against high level enemies.

On a general note, AP damage is king in this game right now. This will change when armor/damage 2.0 update drops, but we have no ETA on that.

can they hit more then 1 target at the same time ?

It's theoretically possible with a high spread shotgun (eg Boar or Strun) if your enemies are very close together, but it's not something that will come up a lot.

or is evry weapon other then melee a single target weapon without mods ?

If you use a puncture mod on weapons, the shots will punch through one target to hit a target behind them. However, outside of Shred, puncture mods are extremely weak and overpriced.

Shred can make a sniper rifle absurdly deadly to enemies in a choke point though.

Edit: There are also a few weapons that can affect multiple targets right out of the box. These are: Ogris (rocket launcher), Embolist (infested poison gas pistol), Ignis (flamethrower), Miter (sawblade launcher with innate puncture), Torid (poison gas grenade launcher - the gas will affect whoever walks through it). Most of these are clantech weapons, which means you won't be able to use them without joining a clan. They also generally have mastery rank requirements of 4 or greater.

A bow with thunderbolt mod has a 30% chance of shooting an exploding bolt which does AOE damage as well, and any weapon with a puncture mod can.

any you would reccomend maybe ?

Hek and Sobek are the best shotguns right now. Boar and Strun aren't bad either, just not as good. Boar Prime is a bit better than Boar in some respects but worse in others, and it's not really as good as the Sobek as far as automatic shotguns go.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

thnx again Cpl_Facehugger !!

i feel bad for making you type that much but i have to say i like your replies! there fast clean and you seem to put alot of effort into them .

i dont know if this does anything but i voted up your posts if i can do anything else +rep or anything related let me know!!