Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinel Armor Doesn't Exist

Domeinator

I am here to make something known, and to see who else had noticed it. Sentinels have absolutely no armor. Have you looked at that number? Its a big zero. Which brings a question to mine. What's the point of steel fiber for the sentinel, because you can't use a percent to make 0 a higher number. So i'm wondering, is the armor value of 0, the way steel fiber works on sentinels, or the mod of Steel Fiber for sentinels the mistake. Please pick one of the 3 and see to it quickly so we don't need to pick up such a worthless mod.

I don't know, but that number just bugs the hell out of me. What am i supposed to do when i don;t have a real number to work with. No one can work with 0's all day (Unless your talking binary). I would like a number that means something there, and it just really really bugs me.

P,S, Title is such as to draw an eye to the issue

From the sounds of the Heavy Calibur change, if DE is trying to be consistent, then adding Steel Fiber to something with 0 armor should give it a non-zero base armor.

That is, if DE is trying to be consistent.

Not necessarily. You can't use Staggering Force with Fang, because it has no innate stun to begin with, and you can't use Magazine Warp with bows either, because they don't have a clip size to buff. I'm sure the only reason Heavy Caliber adds recoil when none exists is because it (and the other Corrupted mods) was meant to carry a penalty.

Sentinel     Base HP   Base Shield   Base Energy  Initial Energy  Base Armor

Dethcube   200             100                  100                 50                  50

Shade        350              50                   100                 50                  50

Wyrm         200              100                 100                 50                  50

those were senti stats 3 months ago

50 armor 

Edited by HAYABU5A

I'm sure the only reason Heavy Caliber adds recoil when none exists is because it (and the other Corrupted mods) was meant to carry a penalty.

Possibly, but that means that all of the corrupted mods will have to have Frame Specific changes since you can build Mag and not care about duration.

Even if the negatives are supposed to be negatives, its still a bit strange that DE will add a base stat to a gun where it previously did not exist for the sole purpose of having a mod effect actually WORK on a piece of equipment. This philosophy should be exapanded to ALL mod effects. (obviously this sounds ridiculous and maybe im just a bit ashamed of DE for making one-off balance changes like this...).

Sentinel     Base HP   Base Shield   Base Energy  Initial Energy  Base Armor

Dethcube   200             100                  100                 50                  50

Shade        350              50                   100                 50                  50

Wyrm         200              100                 100                 50                  50

those were senti stats 3 months ago

50 armor 

im sullenly confused as to where you found this information

Where have they gone and where did you find that?

totally with you on this question

Possibly, but that means that all of the corrupted mods will have to have Frame Specific changes since you can build Mag and not care about duration.

You're assuming a state of total balance, which can never exist, and the seeking of which ends up destroying games like this. Besides, a Mag that uses Bullet Attractor regularly will definitely care about power duration. Sure, most Mag builds are about range and power, but that doesn't mean that's all there is.

That's even assuming that it's somehow a bad thing that a few character types don't get a substantial negative out of using Corrupted mods. If everyone got some sort of +50/-50, perfectly balanced penalty, why would anyone use those cards over others that don't have penalties at all? Especially when Corrupted cards make you go through so many hoops to get them.

It's fairly obvious that they were designed to be more specialized, to stack with other cards with like bonuses on characters where the penalties either didn't apply much or are acceptable losses.

Besides, a Mag that uses Bullet Attractor regularly will definitely care about power duration. Sure, most Mag builds are about range and power, but that doesn't mean that's all there is.

It's fairly obvious that they were designed to be more specialized, to stack with other cards with like bonuses on characters where the penalties either didn't apply much or are acceptable losses.

Yep, seems obvious to me as well.  But I guess not.  I will be waiting to see what DE does with baited breath.

(I was trying to find a frame example that didn't care at all about a certain stat, but the best I could come up with was Mag since I venture to say that Bullet Attractor is one of her less-used skills).