Stalker rework ideas

celesari

So the Stalker curently is a joke. To make him better, better scaling and effects to terrorize the player are nesseserry. As for the effects I thoght that flickering is good but not enough. There should be static sounds, skreentearing and color changes, it shuld get darker and so on (A bit like in the Hazbin Hotel Pilot at minute 20:06). He should Target the player who is most far away from the group. The enemies in the level (corpus/grenier) should start paniking, shouting warnings and randomely die to some kind of a Skalker version of Ash shadow (his 4. abbility ). Also the Stalker should be able to walk on the walls, like Hyena pack and on the sealing just with his head down. This would bring in some teror. Also he should be able to grab you if you are in operator mode and smash you on the ground, wich would bring you back in the warframe like if your operator died normaly. As well he should be able to, if you are in opreator mode, to dash towards you and pull you out of the void. So that you are save nowhere. That would add some serious terror to him. As for the scaling i would advice to give him as much health, shield and armor as the Player he is hunting or as much as the highest warframe in the group has. He shuld deal as much damage with his weapons as the Player he is hunting or as much as the highest damage numbers in the group has. Specific to Melee primery and secondary. 

Now where th Devs go over the game and rework old stuff, this would make the stalker good.

ps: So sorry for any spelling mistakes. I am not a native speaker

pps: Ad a Warframe In the WARFRAMEcryopod goddammit.

Shadow Stalker is a bit of a downgrade of how much he teelgrpahs his attacks way to long.

Old Stalker you had to fear, oneshotting you with his Hate, Dread or even Kunais, on top of using Nyx Absorb to turn your own damage against you and disabling your powers more powerful then Shadow Stalker does.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Marine027:

Shadow Stalker is a bit of a downgrade of how much he teelgrpahs his attacks way to long.

Old Stalker you had to fear, oneshotting you with his Hate, Dread or even Kunais, on top of using Nyx Absorb to turn your own damage against you and disabling your powers more powerful then Shadow Stalker does.

Yes, but sadly there is no way to get the old Stalker back. and the devs are reworking old Parts of the game currently so they could just make him, not just a joke, that gets oneshottet as soon as he appears, but also make him an epic enemie you fear when he apears.

There are ways to tweak current shadow stalker to become more threatening.

Increase his speed, damage and health, remove or speed up his telegraphed attacks

Give his other weapons back so he actually has means to threaten us when we increase our distance.

Add some more tenno powers to his arsenal.

Make him spawn at a higher level no matter the map you are on.

31 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

Actually Shadow Stalker is stronger than normal Stalker, but he become stupid as well. His disco ball is threatening, but his movement is not so smart now.

He certainly hits harder, if he ever manages to hit you but you can dodge or avoid every single one of his attacks and then just utterly waste him with your inner angsty teen. the disco ball is his only move that's not easy to dodge, and that gets entirely blocked by a well placed plant pot, or any other form of cover.

1 hour ago, celesari said:

The enemies in the level (corpus/grenier) should start paniking, shouting warnings and randomely die to some kind of a Skalker version of Ash shadow (his 4. abbility ). Also the Stalker should be able to walk on the walls, like Hyena pack and on the sealing just with his head down. This would bring in some teror.

i would love to see some dramatic flair from stalker. DE, make him actually scary please. i would like the signs of his arrival to illicit more fear than the usual "oh great, not this guy again."

maybe have him hang from ledges around the room, watching you for a bit, and then teleporting away? maybe instead of the lights just flickering a bit, they could flicker and then go out entirely, leaving you in the dark during the fight? that would be scary.

1 hour ago, celesari said:

pps: Ad a Warframe In the WARFRAMEcryopod goddammit.

^this

Well, I would suggest adding him an ultimate which if you miss it, lets him grab your warframe and decapitate it, instantly failing the mission and making you craft your frame back with a reduced time...

but I know everyone would hate it.

short of giving him the same level of movement we have, where he could jump off walls, bullet jump etc and giving him a ranged weapon again, there isn't really a way of making Stalker more difficult to deal with. when a full squad of 4 warframes with Meta weapons gank him the moment his I-frames drop, what the hell is he supposed to do? nothing and nobody can get out of that.

we might have to wait until he gets involved in the story again, since it was through Hunhow that he gained his new powers, so he'd probably have to team up with Erra to get another upgrade.

I was thinking, maybe it is time removing Acolyts as reoccuring event and rather add them to the Stalker directly, the more stacks you have and others the more Acolyts will join him when he spawns. Also able to spawn in both versions after he becomes Shadow Stalker, maybe give him the ability to make a clone of himself that uses his old one, this way people experience all and not miss out like for the codex scan.

Stalker is meme in warframe.

We need a threat like the original manic.

Scary op and super fast.

The moment you here him laughing. You be doing a 360 no scope. And hoping he won't jump on your back

There's been times where stalkers turned up and instead of engaging I've gone to find a panel to override his lockdown and carry on with what I was doing (usually extracting as that's what I'm usually doing when he shows up)

2 hours ago, Dreadwire said:

Scary op and super fast.

The moment you here him laughing. You be doing a 360 no scope. And hoping he won't jump on your back

I loved it. When he was first released, and you heard his laugh, players would stop what they were doing and look out for him. It was a great miniboss to have. I thought WF was going to add more enemies that we needed to focus on when they appeared. Unfortunately people hated it and they nerfed him into practically nothing now. I dont even remember the last time ive seen him spawn. 

• 1 month later...

It might also be an idea, to move the camara closer to the player. It might be also worth considering, to smaller  widescreen or deactivate it. If the game is displayed on a 39'' monitor or larger, the sides of the monitor could be blured or covered in stalker-like smoke, wich would shrink the monitor on a lot smaller size during the Stalker encounter. Taking that intel of his surroundings away from the player, would result in a feeling of tightness and a loss of control.

On 2020-04-26 at 4:50 AM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

short of giving him the same level of movement we have, where he could jump off walls, bullet jump etc and giving him a ranged weapon again, there isn't really a way of making Stalker more difficult to deal with. 

Honestly against a solo player that's not bad. Zanuka and Hyenas can wall cling, and it makes them more... "Engaging" without being frustrating or unfair

I remember having trouble with stalker for a while until my warframe and weapons having a decent build.

The change for stalker I would like is removing Endo from its drop table and boost a bit other drops like the Hate and Despair thats it. 

After that maybe more behaviors? I remember being very low mastery didnt lnow about it and kept running through the mission to follow my friend. The flicker appeared but didnt see the stalker because we were running without a pause xDD.

On 2020-04-26 at 8:09 AM, Dreadwire said:

Scary op and super fast.

This.

If I was going to revamp stalker:

• He only comes after you when you're solo
  • He has several loadouts which are selected by your MR
    • Warframe has scaled health/armor/shields
    • Abilities vary
    • Weapons vary
  • He should have mods equipped that make him comparable to what players are running in
  • He should have a nasty little death cube
  • Better drops with more even distribution
  • If he kills you, you fail mission and lose everything from that run.

Give Stalker a small chance to spawn a DE employee that Mind Controls Stalker and is armed with cheat codes to cheese you.

On 2020-04-26 at 8:24 AM, ant99999 said:

Well, I would suggest adding him an ultimate which if you miss it, lets him grab your warframe and decapitate it, instantly failing the mission and making you craft your frame back with a reduced time...

but I know everyone would hate it.

Well
that's actually a good suggestion
the stalker just kill the marked player
and that's it 
life goes on
This mechanic would actually make the player more careful
And not just ''HaHa trigris prime go BRRRRRRR''

On 2020-04-26 at 11:09 PM, Dreadwire said:

Scary op and super fast.

Operation Blackout...

Be afraid...

God that was fun.

One thing I have noticed is that if you get hit by his regular melee combo, you actually get put into a lifted state now (if I'm not mistaken, this is the only attack in the game that can do that). Unfortunately his AI doesn't seem to capitalise on this, but it is interesting. Perhaps if more of his attacks had this effect he'd be more of a threat.

Archived