Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rage + Quick Thinking Exploitation.

LordAsmolicious

The Rage + Quick thinking mod combination is an exploit considering you can use it to become invulerable. since you gain energy fopr your health damage. and the energy then gets turned into health .  EDIT: Oh ive seen it in use. its overpowered yes. I can take tons of hits and dont even need that to be able to survive.   Considering with a regular/good survivability  that mod combo WILL make you a god. Any decent Rhino player is a god if he runs this combo and a regular survivability combo. Hell even an Ash or Excal can be a come a god that way  (Ps i know it doesnt work forever. dont think i am stupid. Im crazy yes but that doesnt mean im stupid.)   (for those who dont want to read everything. :/ )

Edited by Marabunta5

I don't know about you but it has saved me from honestly getting wrecked by a sneaking radial fist from a heavy or under a constant barrage of hell-fire where I'm completely getting staggered.

Although...you have to take in the fact that Rage-Thinking combo might be unsuitable against ancient disruptors, cause by then that's the only problem I have fighting them if I was of course melee savvy.

Edited by TheAuraMaster

Although...you have to take in the fact that Rage-Thinking combo might be unsuitable against ancient disruptors, cause by then that's the only problem I have fighting them if I was of course melee savvy.

this^

Also quick thinking stops working at 50 energy so tis not really an exploit but saves you until you fall below 50 energy. Trust me it is possible to die with this combination.

oh I get it, this guy thinks its overpowered, guess he hasn't actually used it.

why ever would he make a forum post about something he doesn't actually have a understanding of, I do wonder.

Edited by Roogan

So, we have here is the combination of two mods that makes player practically invulnerable for short amount of time... But an Ancient disruptor can simply bypass the whole exploit and have player killed anyways. Go Infected!

OP is wrong.

Both Mods work as intended. Both mods in combination synergize as intended. You will NOT become immortal.. just hard to kill.

Close this thread, no discussion necessary.

You're also giving up two mod slots to run this combo, meaning you're giving up focus/flow/stretch/etcetcetc, trading damage potential or utility for survivability.

oh I get it, this guy thinks its overpowered, guess he hasn't actually used it.

why ever would he make a forum post about something he doesn't actually have a understanding of, I do wonder.

Oh ive seen it in use. its overpowered yes. I can take tons of hits and dont even need that to be able to survive.   Considering with a regular/good survivability  that mod combo WILL make you a god. Any decent Rhino player is a god if he runs this combo and a regular survivability combo. Hell even an Ash or Excal can be a come a god that way  (Ps i know it doesnt work forever. dont think i am stupid. Im crazy yes but that doesnt mean im stupid.)

Edited by Marabunta5

OP is wrong.

Both Mods work as intended. Both mods in combination synergize as intended. You will NOT become immortal.. just hard to kill.

Close this thread, no discussion necessary.

^^^^^ this

OP has NO CLUE what he is talking about

try them out yerself b4 u cry wolf about them

That depends on a player... Mobility i prefer most when it's about surviving. Be it Rhino or Volt. I'd rather use mods to use the potential of frames and put it to max. A better defense than synergy of two mods or 50cm of steel around you is not to get hit. This is my opinion and my playstyle. Some prefer mobility, some prefer armour... Some prefer this combination of mods.

Oh ive seen it in use. its overpowered yes. I can take tons of hits and dont even need that to be able to survive.   Considering with a regular/good survivability  that mod combo WILL make you a god. Any decent Rhino player is a god if he runs this combo and a regular survivability combo. Hell even an Ash or Excal can be a come a god that way  (Ps i know it doesnt work forever. dont think i am stupid. Im crazy yes but that doesnt mean im stupid.)

A few things to address. 

1. Have you actually used it, or just seen it in use?

2. You lose all of your energy upon depleting your health. 

3. A lot of animations will negate the effect of Quick Thinking, including using an ability, or a melee weapon. 

4. In order to make it practical, you need additional mods like Flow, and/or Vitality.

A few things to address. 

1. Have you actually used it, or just seen it in use?

2. You lose all of your energy upon depleting your health. 

3. A lot of animations will negate the effect of Quick Thinking, including using an ability, or a melee weapon. 

4. In order to make it practical, you need additional mods like Flow, and/or Vitality.

1. Seen it in use. i dont need to use it to know how it works. the guy went down eventualy but he stood for a long time under fire.

2. I am aware of that. but with Rage you get the energy back quickly. and considering many folks seem to be using Energy siphon. ( who isnt? ) Energy loss aint an issue.

3. Okay wasnt aware of that. then again the guy who i saw using it used rifles and sidearms and not much melee.

4. Vitality seems like a must to me anyways.

Imagine a Rhino with Steel fiber, Redirection and Vitality. with that mod combo.  And Vigor  even without Iron skin that combo there would make you a very tough nut to crack.  (then consider that Iron skin is there and one can polarize enough to not use the other 3 powers. ) With several other survivability mods like Fast Deflection and Fortitude. that can make one almost unbeatable. all those mods in combination.

If you stop posting threads about that 

less people will know about that

Rhino is troll frame anyways.

Nah man that is Loki. Loki is the true trollframe.  And true dat. word still comes out anyways. And now there is some guy thinking people NOT using RQT combo are poor players. Whats this community coming to. COD invasion?

1. Seen it in use. i dont need to use it to know how it works. the guy went down eventualy but he stood for a long time under fire.

2. I am aware of that. but with Rage you get the energy back quickly. and considering many folks seem to be using Energy siphon. ( who isnt? ) Energy loss aint an issue.

3. Okay wasnt aware of that. then again the guy who i saw using it used rifles and sidearms and not much melee.

4. Vitality seems like a must to me anyways.

Imagine a Rhino with Steel fiber, Redirection and Vitality. with that mod combo.  And Vigor  even without Iron skin that combo there would make you a very tough nut to crack.  (then consider that Iron skin is there and one can polarize enough to not use the other 3 powers. ) With several other survivability mods like Fast Deflection and Fortitude. that can make one almost unbeatable. all those mods in combination.

1. Don't criticize what you haven't actually used. There are newer players who think that Nyx is OP. 

2a. When you lose all of your energy, you end up in a very bad position.

Rhino? No more Iron Skin. Ash? No more Smoke Screen. 

2b. Rage will only give you 40% of your health back in energy, meaning that the amount given is relatively small. 

2c. Assuming you manage to get a skill off because of the energy begotten from rage; what do you plan on doing with it? You're effectively sacrificing 240% of the cost of the ability in health, meaning that you can't cast any abilities unless you either plan on putting yourself further in a bad position, or you end up finding a cache of energy. 

3. Hence, use it before bashing it. 

4. Vitality is actually generally excluded from most builds in favor of more shields. Vigor, and Redirection are typically regarded as the best combination of defensive mods. (Excluding Rage + Quick Thinking)

Nah man that is Loki. Loki is the true trollframe. And true dat. word still comes out anyways. And now there is some guy thinking people NOT using RQT combo are poor players. Whats this community coming to. COD invasion?

I know it before i saw your stats.

Almost 600 hours, and just 205 k kills, and Rhino most used frame, GJ

I did not say that people are poor players for not using that combo.

I'm not using that to.

But i'm also not using Rhino and Iron skin for the win, i like Loki coz he's fast, and in my opinion is more fun that Rhino.

Edited by Histori

1. Don't criticize what you haven't actually used. There are newer players who think that Nyx is OP. 

2a. When you lose all of your energy, you end up in a very bad position.

Rhino? No more Iron Skin. Ash? No more Smoke Screen. 

2b. Rage will only give you 40% of your health back in energy, meaning that the amount given is relatively small. 

2c. Assuming you manage to get a skill off because of the energy begotten from rage; what do you plan on doing with it? You're effectively sacrificing 240% of the cost of the ability in health, meaning that you can't cast any abilities unless you either plan on putting yourself further in a bad position, or you end up finding a cache of energy. 

3. Hence, use it before bashing it. 

4. Vitality is actually generally excluded from most builds in favor of more shields. Vigor, and Redirection are typically regarded as the best combination of defensive mods. (Excluding Rage + Quick Thinking)

1. I cant use it anyways. Those 2 mods never drop. i get countless Multishots more than i could ever need but two simple mods? nope cannot has.

2A. Who needs energy anyways?

2B. That much i know though with continous damage and a large healthpool its still alot. 

2C. Thats why i said Energy siphon wich is something nearly everyone uses.

3. Yeah yeah i heard that alot now. besides use before bashing? eww no!  Im not going to use a grineer before i bash him. Eww man D:

4. Pfft its a must Imho.  if i had more time and credits and fusion cores. i could have 1.2k shields 800ish HP. and then those shields regen 80% quicker. or over 100% quicker if i wanted it. who needs RQT when you can have that?  besides Mobility. if you cant avoid fire no matter what you are sure to die anyways.  its the non RQT guys who end up being better anyways imho.

That being said i think RQT is a crutch. that makes the game too easy, :/ considering its already easy

Edited by Marabunta5

Dunno about the fourth statement... I find Rhino with Vitality, Steel Fiber, Vigor, Redirection and Fast Deflection rather unbeatable, even if he'd stand in middle of enemies. Just saying, that generally Vitality is pretty much required for decent Rhino build. As well as Fast Deflection... I don't care what you say about it, but a fact: Having +1000 shields is pretty much useless if it takes forever to recharge them.

I know it before i saw your stats.

Almost 600 hours, and just 205 k kills, and Rhino most used frame, GJ

I did not say that people are poor players for not using that combo.

I'm not using that to.

But i'm also not using Rhino and Iron skin for the win, i like Loki coz he's fast, and in my opinion is more fun that Rhino.

Rhino. hes the third frame i got. other frames just dont fit my play style. So many caster frames. I want frames that can Take alot of hits. Besides 205K kills yeah ofcourse im not using Press 4 to win frames. i use my guns and my swords&shiz  If youd take a look further youd see my weapons have more kills than any of my frames.   There simply is no other frame than Rhino that fits my play style (and looks wise i like him the most. its just all about play style stats DO NOT MATTER. at all.  (anyways this is offtopic :/ )

Dunno about the fourth statement... I find Rhino with Vitality, Steel Fiber, Vigor, Redirection and Fast Deflection rather unbeatable, even if he'd stand in middle of enemies. Just saying, that generally Vitality is pretty much required for decent Rhino build. As well as Fast Deflection... I don't care what you say about it, but a fact: Having +1000 shields is pretty much useless if it takes forever to recharge them.

And Agreed, simple as that. thats why we are such a good team. ;D (Considering you always steal my kills aswell. )

Edited by Marabunta5