The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet spear -> daily RAID

Cerikus

Now that the scarlet spear is ending... Why not turn Scarlet spear into a daily raid?  I know DESteve said on devstream that they will probably rerun it in the future, but I feel like that does not make any sense lorewise (why would sentients just stop the invasion) as well as developement wise (why remove it, when they spent so much devtime on it). Even though it was released in a bad shape, it is now a pretty decent and fun gamemode and it would be a shame to remove it.

DE already have code for matchmaking groups of 8 people, but this would be even easier, because they would only need to let us make two connected squads of 4. The scarlet spear relay would be amazing place for recruiting and starting of the raids. The run could be for example something like: space squad does 10 murexes and the ground squad need to send 90 killkodes. When the run is finished players get credits and they can trade them for arcanes. 

This way they can keep the squadlink content ingame and not just remove it, which would be a shame.

P.S. This would demand a bit of a Eidolon hunt rework, but just a minor. Eidolons would start droping something like "sentient shard" (instead of random arcane) which you could trade for scarlet spear credits. The economy should be: one 5x3 eidolon hunt should be approximately the same ammount of cred as one murex raid. Therefore Eidolon hunt would yield a possibility of more rewards, which would make sense, because you have to wait for the night, get a squad of exp players and it's pretty much locked behind houndreds of hours of playtime. The raid would be available once a day for all players, so even begginers could tag along to get arcanes.

Tell me, why this is not a good idea. Pro tip: you can't 😛 

• Like 9

I think they'd need to dramatically build on what they've got first.

I love the idea of using the Railjack itself as a perpetual mission, used as a vehicle to the smaller more objective-oriented missions.

What I mean is... right now, mostly, people just fly the Railjack through to a Murex, park it in a good hidden spot, and everybody leaves it to go inside the Murex, wherein we do the thing.
I would love to see a type of mission, specifically designed to be "difficult" content, wherein you have to squad up, fly a Railjack through an objective or two, then you all park it while you travel to a more "normal" Warframe mission with higher-leveled enemies.

Alternatively, I would love to see an 8-man squad in my Railjack so that we can have a proper split in the party where one group stays on the ship handling Railjack objectives, and the other half handles a standard mission objective. I feel like 4 people alone isn't enough to justify Cy constantly talking about an "Away team"

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, DrakeWurrum said:

I think they'd need to dramatically build on what they've got first.

I love the idea of using the Railjack itself as a perpetual mission, used as a vehicle to the smaller more objective-oriented missions.

What I mean is... right now, mostly, people just fly the Railjack through to a Murex, park it in a good hidden spot, and everybody leaves it to go inside the Murex, wherein we do the thing.

I would love to see a type of mission, specifically designed to be "difficult" content, wherein you have to squad up, fly a Railjack through an objective or two, then you all park it while you travel to a more "normal" Warframe mission with higher-leveled enemies.

Agree, but that would be a great concept for Scarlet spear raid: volume 2.

Or ... you actually gave me an idea.. why not make it 3 squads of 4.

One on ground killing condixes, one in murex uploading code and one in railjack (this one would have to exterminate senitents outside the murex and would serve as a transportation for the murex team. You would not be able to park the railjack in the murex, so the squad would have to survive until the end to extract the murex squad.)

il y a 22 minutes, Cerikus a dit :

ay they can keep the squadlink content ingame and not just remove it, which would be a shame.

The squadlink was show in devstream longtime before they speak (and even maybe start working) on scarlet spear event , so  i strongly doubt squadlink will desepear with the event.

But about daily raid yes i'm In.

sry for my english.

• Like 2

I'd like this if it was more than the current oplink defence.

Change the Murex to something else, so you cant park inside it, so a pilot is required to defend the railjack. Parking inside makes it too easy for space part and turns Railjack into an glorified taxi.

Make insides of a not-Murex a multi objective mission ending in nuking the main reactor, something like a Sabotage but more complicated, add some sentient mini bosses and an actual sentient boss at the end.

Add some difficulty settings and a nightmare version with multiple debuffs.

People bash Scarlet Spear but there is a lot of potential.

• Like 2

Railjack has so much potential, this Scarlet Spear event should appear like every 3 months or so.

Lore wise you can make it that they just decided to push back call in reinforcements and then return over x amount of time.

But please, DE.. dont make this a 1x a year event you'd waste all this devtime just on a couple weeks of fun every year that'd be so sad.

I like the idea of it sticking around as a daily event, perhaps with slightly lowered rewards (or just straight up no bonus reward) to balance it out, as I would like to get some arcanes eventually without having to bore myself to death with meta eidolon farming (I've never done it and never will, it just looks too elitist and stressful for me, taking down one set with a friend once every blue moon is good enough for me)

However, there would need to be no set amount of murexes to kill for the reward (just get rewarded for as many as you can up to the old limit with no bonus attached) and no need to be oplinked to another team to progress. Eventually, nobody's going to do it anymore. If it was turned into a permanent system it needs to be permanently viable.

5 hours ago, Cerikus said:

Tell me, why this is not a good idea. Pro tip: you can't 😛

Scarlet Spear is broken AF. With the upcoming changes to railjack it will be even more broken.

It's a hack to get squad link out there, but squad link is the worst thing about it - waiting for killcodes sucks, but you always end up doing it because nobody wants to be the ground squad (it's better designed and less buggy, but much less rewarding). This gets much worse if play is limited per day, and nobody wants to squander their daily SS game waiting for players who also don't want to do the less rewarding mission.

I want them to fix railjack first, then add a load more to it, then fix the garbage mess of Warframe abilities with sentients (why are some 100% effective and some do nothing?) I want Little Duck's shop to have the rest of the arcanes (from her normal inventory) and the mission rewards outside that to not be garbage like the Basmu and Stance Forma (for the one player who still really likes the Dark Split Sword I guess?)

I don't want them wasting time keeping the current event going while doing all that - it's a load more dev work that only really lets players catch up.

Instead I hope they bring back SS in a completely new variant once RJ is fixed, and Sentients are fixed, and rewards are better, and squad link works. Until then it's best on a shelf.

Scarlet Spear was 2 different mobile defense missions... if that is what some are considering a raid then warframe is in a far worse state than I thought.

Trials were raids, everything else since their removal has been a complete joke in terms of difficulty compared to them. Introducing the complete failure that is SS as the replacement for trials would be insulting to players who enjoyed trials and anyone who is looking for an actual challenge in this game.

• Like 1

On 2020-04-28 at 12:09 AM, DrakeWurrum said:

I love the idea of using the Railjack itself as a perpetual mission, used as a vehicle to the smaller more objective-oriented missions

To do that correctly, players will need to be able to access the Armory on the Railjack between missions (without going to Dry Dock) as well as craft  stuff / change Railjack weapons.

On 2020-04-30 at 8:30 AM, UUDDLRLRBA_START said:

To do that correctly, players will need to be able to access the Armory on the Railjack between missions (without going to Dry Dock) as well as craft  stuff / change Railjack weapons.

Yes. I'm a little disappointed that Railjack was not ultimately implemented as a proper mobile base. The original Tennocon reveal did show us being able to access the Arsenal and Forge from inside of it.