Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats the worst warframe in the game currently?

(PSN)grayhyh

16 hours ago, stormy505 said:

Unless they changed this with an update i missed (I took a break from the game so i wouldn't be that surprised if a change went past me). Avalanche still cleanses enemies of status effects which is a bigger negative then the armor strip it provides.

The DR Gara provides is a lot more usable for mobile missions because you apply it to allies and get value, frost provides value to his teammates with a stationary shield. You can also set and forget Splinter Storm on defense objectives and move freely around the map because her survivability isn't tied to Mass Vitrify which would limit her mobility. I can't say the same for frost and his bubble.

Limbo Rift Torrent build is honestly super underrated, granted it only works if your team is alright with a limbo build that isn't just a negative range Cataclysm set and forget build. If i'm taking into account the treatment limbo gets in public squads i would move him into a lower tier.

That avalanche, petrify, glassify penalty for statuses was removed long ago. So you now have a big portion of armor removed and statuses ticking and applying when the enemy is frozen. Prior to that change Frost was a liability if people didnt know how to build him properly for avalanche. Absurd range and low strength led to some seriously dragged out situations.

In mobile missions Frost spams avalanche to help the team mates by locking down damage from enemies completely and speed up the killing. Also very wonderful if you have a nekros in group and need resources since each frozen kill ends up as two guaranteed body parts to desecrate. I'm not saying Gara is bad, I'm just saying Frost has a bit more use since he can proxy as an AoE clear frame in more offensive missions. Even with just a Stretch mod on him his range on avalanche is long since it spreads with him as he moves, so if you cast it in the air while going forward you can cover twice the natural range.

Limbo is one of those that ends up between B and F depending on the group. He has the potential but if played poorly or understood poorly by the rest of the group he is such a liability.

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, kwlingo said:

Think about it the other way around. Meta's make the rest of the game boring and pointless because of no challenge and map clearing, never seeing an enemy even if your looking for them. I walk into a mission and see no enemies. Then I check the player frames and weapons. Oh right nukers and map clearer and 15m Bramma. Then I go afk till the rest go to extraction.  Lol meta's have broken the game.

Its true, the worst frames are those ruining the game for everyone else. Limbo of course still gets a special mention. Sadly DE overlooks coop with their designs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Monolake said:

Its true, the worst frames are those ruining the game for everyone else. Limbo of course still gets a special mention. Sadly DE overlooks coop with their designs.

Agreed 1000%. This is why the should just make this an open world. We don't need to relay on anyone for any content. And if players are bored going solo, they can link up similar to how Fortuna and Plaines work when going public just to fish or drill for gems.

There's more than enough info out there, to take ANY warframe into the "endgame". From the major to the smaller warframe creators/partners, to sites like Overframe.

It's not the warframe, it's the players who refuse to bulid/learn to use them.

Edited by GrazeZeroLow
  • Like 2

En 1/6/2020 a las 21:25, Galuf dijo:

Frost this frame is useless in like 99.9% of the game content. his mechanics are pretty slow mo and its base stats weights are not on par with how the game has evolved either. Frost bubble is atm one of the worst point defense mechanisms when it comes down to minmaxed builds. The invicibility delay on the bubble has 0 impact until a point when when you have died from old age.

What the actual f*ck are you talking about? are you sure you are founder? because this sounds like someone that's either new to the game or has barely played Frost would say, seriously this sh*t is baffling.

Granted, he hasn't been changed much since his release other than minor tweaks and QoL stuff, but he's still a reliable all-rounder with emphasis on defence, i've ran every build, every augment, every playstyle with him, and he's useful on most of the game's content.

But still, saying he's useless on 99% of the game's content is a pretty stupid statement to be honest.

• Like 2

Il y a 1 heure, (PS4)xBellikx a dit :

What the actual f*ck are you talking about? are you sure you are founder? because this sounds like someone that's either new to the game or has barely played Frost would say, seriously this sh*t is baffling.

Early on Frost was good because mobs would not try to hit the bubble resulting in a massive almost laggy constant flux on enemy rushing to you(I used that a lot to farm mods and stuff ^^). Then he was still usefull because there was no alternative for camping. As time goes his bubble gets less and less appealling and the rest of his kit is pretty poor one trick poney(diferent nukes that freeze or slow with poor scalling).

It's like Grendel, it is an all rounder too. Atm I vote for Grendel as the worst frame but honestly Frost is not far :).

Edited by Galuf
  • Like 1

vor 27 Minuten schrieb Galuf:

Early on Frost was good because mobs would not try to hit the bubble resulting in a massive almost laggy constant flux on enemy rushing to you(I used that a lot to farm mods and stuff ^^). Then he was still usefull because there was no alternative for camping. As time goes his bubble gets less and less appealling and the rest of his kit is pretty poor one trick poney(diferent nukes that freeze or slow with poor scalling).

So you are saying that Frost is one of the worst frames ingame, because the enemies are now trying to hit the globe?

And that multiple snowglobes can combine their health points up to a max of 1.000.000 is also trash. Or that it has four seconds invulnerable timer, where it also absorb incoming damage. Let's not forget the second augment, which reduce the enemies movement by 75%. Theoretical is frost able to build a globe which protecs everyone inside for at least 20s (4s invulerability+ 4s/25% of equal incoming damage). No matter the enemy level. Last but not least frost is also able to reduce the enemy armor.

Overall is Frost a defense, Crowd control and also debuffer frame. And his abilities are all recastable which gives him also a perfect defense and Crowd controlunlike limbo, who has the problem of an 1 sec. vulnerable window, where he has to reactivate his abilities.

Until now the only reason why Frost is a B- and not an A-frame is, because of his outdated kit. But saying that he is almost as worse as grendel is like saying that the earth is flat.

Nekros of course? Everyone always forgets about him, even when de offered to remake augments nobody mentioned him. He only has one working semi-tank build and loot ability.

the most boring frame, so many missed opportunities

This is Nekros, manipulator of souls.

More like manipulator of loot, amirite?

il y a 59 minutes, ES-Flinter a dit :

So you are saying that Frost is one of the worst frames ingame, because the enemies are now trying to hit the globe?

[...]

Did I hit you at the worst part of your menstruation cycle? It is just my opinion. Please do not recite game mechanics to me, I'm well aware of those :). What about that tierlist lol... F- Dude

• Like 2

vor 19 Minuten schrieb Galuf:

Did I hit you at the worst part of your menstruation cycle? It is just my opinion. Please do not recite game mechanics to me, I'm well aware of those :).

Yes. Yes you did hit the right part. Btw. normally I have nothing against other opinions. Except the opinions doesn't make any sense. In this exception I have to ask so many question why the hell someone belive something like it. That's why I did used the flat-earth as an example. It also doesn't make any sense.^^

vor 26 Minuten schrieb Galuf:

What about that tierlist lol... F- Dude

captain america marvel GIF

On 2020-04-28 at 7:39 AM, Raqiya said:

Remove Turbulence and she's truly a trash tier frame. oh yeah that ability to fly is useless on the open maps since ALL FRAMES CAN FLY because Archwing exists.

she is faster than arch wing and Titania has maneuverability on her not speed zeph is fast and that is about it.  

On 2020-04-28 at 9:15 AM, Sziklamester said:

Valkyr needs some touch up too to replace her ripline with something or just make it scale.

Valk need more than that her 2 should be split and 1/3rd of it should be added to her 3, ripline needs to get the same code that apex uses for its grapple line.  her 4 needs a new animations set claw stances are borderline unusable because they are so clunky.  

I don't find useless War Frames. Good builds makes every War Frame useful. It depends on what players uses the most and with what they feel comfortable. I can't find the worst War Frame in my roster because every Frame I have works for a particular task or tasks. 

I can speak about War Frame that I almost don't use. Nidus, Nyx, Mag, Saryn and Ember. These are the less that I use. 

On 2020-04-28 at 9:57 AM, Serafim_94 said:

Eh. In conclave?

Seriously though, he's a good farm frame when you need something from low-level missions.

Which is why he needs the

Enemy level ÷ 10

Damage modifier on all his abilities. 

There would be no complaining about him if his tentacles did 10x their base damage against lvl 101 enemies, or 20x against 201s.

Seriously 3000 damage per water drop on his first, 3000 damage on inital impact of his 4th and 2000 per second TRUE DAMAGE to captured enemies.

And remember, his tentacles DOT can stack if 2 or more tentacles overlap, with max power str you can already get 1200 damager per second if you puddle cast tentalces.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)SirMilkfiend said:

I think a great buff to Banshee would be giving Silence a 2nd AOE stun but only in a very tight ring around Banshee herself say 5 meters. So I stun once in Banshee's normal range and then again when I get right up in their nose.

Banshee is fine if you build her for pure tank. Sonar is nearly op in terms of damage buffs.

However i would not say no to a pulsing stun, reactionary stun (like on damage taken or enemies firing their guns), or a secondary stun with a flat 5m aoe.

My biggest problem with banshee tho is the damage on her 4th is too unpredictable. It can do 10k or it can do 200 damage depending on sonar.. as a result it does not scale into higher level content at all apart from being a self immobilizing radial CC.

Again, i think the

Enemy level ÷ 10 modifier that vauban and grendel uses would be benefical to soundquake.

On 2020-06-01 at 12:11 PM, Elyann said:

1. Ash 

While Ash isn't an awful frame per se and he gets his time to shine against level 100+ enemies thanks to bladestorm or to the easy access to finishers his 3 grants him he kind of gets the shorter end of the stick talking about stealth / offensive frames ; bladestorm takes definitely too much to lock on every enemy and be casted ( by the time you are done your average mirage / ember / saryn / mesa / ecc already cleared the room ) and also takes up too much energy for as much as you can reduce its cost .
His invisibility is also kind of lame compared to Loki's due to its duration and while it can definitely be useful it could use a tweak ( I also don't like the forced synergy between Ash's smoke bomb and bladestorm tbh... ) .
Shurikens are lovely , nothing to say about them .
Teleport is pretty fine too .
The issue is that there are just a lot of frames who are just better than Ash at his role ( stealth ? Pick Loki . Offense ? Pick Mirage , Ember , Equinox , Mesa , Saryn , Wukong , ecc ) and as such no one feels the need to pick him unless it's for fun .

Bloody heck thank you for saying this, no one ever talks about the dumb synergy Ash has with his 2 and 4, (also his 3 & 4) synergy between two abilities is meant to offer something new and has to be optional (Oberon`s 2 and 3 synergy) if synergy is a requirement to make an ability better then IT`S NOT SYNERGY. An example of a good synergy with Ash would be;

Smoke Screen + Shuriken, Teleport & Blade Storm:

·       If you use any ability while you`re invisible, enemy bodies will disappear.

Why is this synergy? Coz it works well in stealth play with Ash, blade storm can actually be used stealthily now, he can actually be used with a desecrating team with a Nekros and most importantly it offers a choice.

Illogical fanboys/girls don`t want or refuse to admit the issues Ash has and keep justifying bs by saying “the damage doh” frig the damage, if he can`t even get a decent amount kills (especially in low-levels) what’s the bloody point of the damn damage.

I have put up a post presenting the problems his has, the solutions to fix them and I give my ideas of a revisit that he should have.

Also here is a post of my ideas of reworks, revisits and QOL of all warframes.

And just to add Ash don`t need a rework, he needs a revisit. His ability concept is solid but in practice it needs some work, his abilities don`t need to be replaced just improved.

10 hours ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

Banshee is fine if you build her for pure tank. Sonar is nearly op in terms of damage buffs.

I'd just like Silence to have some extra bite as a survival ability, too high range and Silence is useless, too low and Sonar is useless. Although maybe if Silence could be recast during it's duration for 25 energy to reapply the stun that'd be good too, just so it doesn't feel so rigid.

Actually, there isn't 1 single warframe worse. I think there are 3 premises to consider for a warframe to be useful or unnecessary:

1. One warframe is useless when it is less efficient than another to do the same task.

2. A warframe is useless when your abilities do things that my weapons can already do.

3. The time to use an ability and affect (N) the number of enemies is greater than the time it would take to kill them with my weapons.

Examples of useless skills:

• Chroma 1 and 4.
  • 1 of Volt.
  • 1 Ash (when used without magnification).
  • Ash 4.
  • Equinox 4.
  • Hydroid 1 and 2.
  • 1,2,3,4 Atlas.

By cons, a warframe is useful to the extent that:

1. It does something / offers a utility that no other warframe or weapon can replace.

2. All his 4 skills are useful.

3. His damage abilities kill in such a way that my weapons could not.

4. Their skills are synergistic.

5. Your skills scale with the level of the enemy.

Example of skills that meet all these premises:

• 1,2,3,4 from Loki.

Example of skills that meet some of these premises:

• Revenant 4.
  • Rhino 4.
  • 1,2,3 of Wukong.

They are just examples, I hope the general idea is captured.

Edited by Awazx
  • Like 2

Grendel is great. He is a reactive frame, and needs to be played with a step back. With his health pool and rage, it's pretty easy to get enough energy to clean any room. Higher the level, higher the energy gain. And you don't need more than a stretch and intensify to one shot a full army of level 100+ with one cast of his 1, as his spell damage scale BOTH with the number of enemies eaten and enemy level, which is really strong . As far as a first ability goes, this one is one of the best, cc, armor strip, scaling damage. - okay, his buffs from 2 aren't that op and are clunky to play and the 3 and 4 are merely here for the memes, but I find Grendel much stronger than expected. But of course, if you try too hard to build around spamming spell, you will end up hungry and frustrated.

Edited by dwqrf
  • Like 1

I'm going with Hydroid.

His passive is laughable

His 1 does pitiful damage. His augment adds a corrosive proc per strike which is such a slow and inefficient way to apply corrosive that it simply is never worth the slot.

His 2 is a worse version of like 10 other mobility abilities in the game. Revenant's Reave for instance is the same ability just better in every way. Personally I hope they delete this and merge it with Undertow, just making movement in Undertow move at this speed (instead of like 0.1m/min) and add damage while moving.

His 3 is only really good for sitting afk while enemies die of boredom. I don't know what the point of the skill was, but it sucks.

His 4 deals true damage (ignores armour and shields) which is nice, but needs better damage amounts to really be a competitive damage dealing/CC ability. 200/sec + mods is pretty tragic beyond low level content. The augment is nice, and the highest percentage loot buff in the game, but when all the other common lootframes work around cutting bodies and using multiple parts of bodies, he gets outpicked by Khora because of the slashes.

Last but not least, DELETE THE AWFUL MECHANIC THAT REQUIRES HE TAKE 2.5 SECONDS BEFORE CASTING HALF HIS ABILITIES OR THEY HIT A PATHETICALLY TINY RANGE.