Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats the worst warframe in the game currently?

(PSN)grayhyh

On 2020-04-28 at 7:56 PM, supernils said:

I only have 22 or so, but Banshee is pretty S#&$.

her 1 is a bad CC

her 2 provides some survivability I guess (I don't fully understand it)

her 3 in theory provides a nice damage boost, however you have to hit particular body parts which just aren't highlighted sufficiently

her 4 has the old scaling problem and is useless to anything above level 20

Her sonar can stack so the weak points gonna be all over them . yes i agree with you , her other abilities do nothing but waste of energy, her 4 can be used to cc like limbo but unlike that frame , she can't move when her 4 is active make banshee a very boring warframe to play . Also her skins are very simple , lack of detail make me no reason to pick her other than MR or maybe a long arbitration run  . 

Edited by binhthanhk2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, binhthanhk2 said:

Her sonar can stack so the weak points gonna be all over them . yes i agree with you , her other abilities do nothing but waste of energy, her 4 can be used to cc like limbo but unlike that frame , she can't move when her 4 is active make banshee a very boring warframe to play . Also her skins are very simple , lack of detail make me no reason to pick her other than MR or maybe a long arbitration run  . 

legit like 4 pages into this thread I gave a good review of Banshee from a vet Banshee player (7 years). I've got a build for you and how to play her. She is utterly powerful in a knowledgeable player's hands.

• Like 1

On 2020-04-30 at 1:35 PM, Midas said:

20190602011122_1.jpg?width=1866&height=1049I have been playing Banshee as one of my core frames since March 2013 (When she arrived to the game!) let me provide new players with a setup that is efficient and effective!

I have NEVER played quake Banshee, I always found that disgusting even prior to rework.

This setup is obviously a bit older, but it can be used effectively for public matches (team support/off damage).

This will support your AOE user friends (Hi Saryn, Volt, Gauss etc...).

You can run a R5 Trickery and a arcane of your choice.

Keep your 2 up and 3 up at all times! (Run Skijati)

With Skijati, utilize its passive to turn invisible when preforming a finisher! With savage silence up, enemies are opened up to finishers with a 10x+ damage multiplier! Utilize a finisher damage Skijati riven for maximum efficiency!

NEVER RUN in front of players that are not invisible, a stray bullet will hit you!

Rely on your primary while invisible! You can deal loads of damage with explosive weapons in combination with sonar providing over a 13x damage multiplier! (Note mission statistics do not provide the extra damage you deal while sonar is up to your total damage dealt for the game.)

An Octavia on your team negates the need for a skijati, you can run any melee when you have one running with you.

Once again, Banshee is a phenomenal and powerful debuffer!! Do not be fooled by her low health/shields/armor amount!!

Here ^^ read my children. (Trickery and a arcane of your choice now).

Edited by Midas
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Midas said:

NEVER RUN in front of players that are not invisible, a stray bullet will hit you!

🤦‍♂️ Ohma god...

Had this happen, but inversely on two instances:

• Corpus Rescue with a cloaked Ivara. I'm on the console when the main door opens and a guy gets chased into the cellblock. He tries to be a hero and shove me off, but I can't -- and won't. He proceeds to float around me in a way that ultimately puts me in the middle -- and he's not a stealth frame. 😠 You know what happens.
  • During a Sortie Spy in a Corpus set, Converted Lich decided to make an appearance. You've probably already heard this story, but if you haven't, Lich showed up, started an unnecessary firefight, wanders around the area. They can't see me, but they can definitely see him. They shoot at him...and at one point, he wanders behind me so that I'm between the two.

Friendly fire isn't.

-- Murphy's Laws of War

Edited by (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk

1 hour ago, Lifsteinn said:

Ash is so bad right now that you even forgot him in this thread.

Would I say he the worst frame? no but he`s not in a "good place" like ppl keep saying, he needs a revisit.

I have put up a post showing Ash`s problems and the solutions to fix them, check it out and tell me what you think.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

probably the 5 worst are: Zephyr, Hydroid, Nyx, Grendel and Yareli.

I'll talk about what I think their niches are

Zephyr: Used to have a niche when archwings were a limited resource in open worlds, not a thing anymore. Used to have a niche in using explosive weapons because you could avoid accidents by being above the fight, even more niche after self damage was removed, made redundant after you get primed sure footed.

Hydroid: Khora does everything Hydroid can do but better, and also does stuff Hydroid can't even get close to. His niche is that he is far, far lower investment to get going when you need a loot frame and you already have a nekros, ivara, atlas in the loot squad. Khora really wants an umbra forma and a lot of forma into a stat stick to get going, hydroid needs maybe 1 or 2 tops. Also the grind for khora because her prime is not out yet is actually relevant.

Nyx: Her armor strip is limited to a very few number of targets and goes away if you apply it to new targets, I shouldn't have to explain why this is awful in a horde shooter. Her invincibility is tied to extremely slow movement, and before someone tells me to just switch to operator to move, that only works when you are solo or the host, and even then still feels bad to use.

Grendel: Honestly, way better after higher level content became relevant. His damage scaling feels really good in steal path, too bad his abilities feel extremely inefficient on the normal starchart. Ie 90% of the game.

Yareli: Kdrives feel incredibly clunky on normal none open world missions BUT, her passive gives her 200% crit chance when she moves for 1.5 seconds and doesn't stop moving, which is actually really good. Underrated when you have something like kuva nukor or epitaph.

For the worst frame in the game. I'd probably vote for Nyx, Grendel and Yareli have actual decent damage output if their specific situations come up. Hydroid and Zephyr are actually useful for newer players in specific situations as well. Nyx is just kinda bad.

On 2020-04-28 at 8:56 PM, supernils said:

I only have 22 or so, but Banshee is pretty S#&$.

her 1 is a bad CC

her 2 provides some survivability I guess (I don't fully understand it)

her 3 in theory provides a nice damage boost, however you have to hit particular body parts which just aren't highlighted sufficiently

her 4 has the old scaling problem and is useless to anything above level 20

I love bringing Banshee to missions with friends. They get all excited when they start hitting for multiple million damage.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, stormy505 said:

Zephyr: Used to have a niche when archwings were a limited resource in open worlds, not a thing anymore. Used to have a niche in using explosive weapons because you could avoid accidents by being above the fight, even more niche after self damage was removed, made redundant after you get primed sure footed.

Have you seen recent Zephyr? Can gather enemies to one spot, hold and spread damage to all of those enemies, have that damage be fat crits, and can be nigh invulnerable to enemy ranged projectiles while doing it. She's top tier when it comes to container farming with airburst, too. And yeah, archwing is superior to her movement ability in open worlds, but that's true of basically every movement ability in the game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PSN)aarott said:

Have you seen recent Zephyr? Can gather enemies to one spot, hold and spread damage to all of those enemies, have that damage be fat crits, and can be nigh invulnerable to enemy ranged projectiles while doing it. She's top tier when it comes to container farming with airburst, too. And yeah, archwing is superior to her movement ability in open worlds, but that's true of basically every movement ability in the game. 

True this, Zephyr is a damage monster now combined with a good weapon. Also her survivability is top notch! Combine her 3 (with added augment mod as an option) and then stay airborne, you'll be pretty much invincible, since her 3 deflects every projectile and they can't melee you up in the air. Zephyr is one of the better frames right now in my opinion.

As for the worst? I'd probably have to go and say Frost, because his only redeeming feature, his globe, can now be destroyed by a pack of level 60 Corpus mobs in less than a second, even though there's no nullifiers around. He also has no damage and energy expensive CC. Hydroid's tentacles at least stays for a long time and good for holding chokepoints, and his 2 is a good movement ability while 3 is a fun little "oh shoot" button, but Frost has nothing good on him. Which is sad because I love Frost.

41 minutes ago, (PSN)max141064 said:

Controversial opinion: The worst frame is the one that you, personally, don't like at all.

I don't like Mesa, Saryn, Chroma, Octavia, Mag, Nova, Protea, Rhino, or Volt.  At all.

But I can separate the art from the artist and recognize why so many people say they are good. Particularly so considering the current state of the game, the many roles they can play, and how good they are at each role.

Hydroid? Grendel? Yareli? Not so much. 

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 3

Hydroid is imho hands down the worst frame atm followed by Yareli. Frost and Loki really sux as well but feel broken compared to hydroid ^^'.

I personnally consider Grendel to be pretty good, imho Zephyr and Banshee are top tier

Edited by Galuf
  • Like 2

On 2021-11-30 at 12:19 PM, Galuf said:

Hydroid is imho hands down the worst frame atm followed by Yareli. Frost and Loki really sux as well but feel broken compared to hydroid ^^'.

I personnally consider Grendel to be pretty good, imho Zephyr and Banshee are top tier

But Loki has a great CC and good survivability in the form of his Invisibility, which is probably one of the best invisibility abilities in the game. And he probably saves atleast 100 registered losers a year from suicide because he can teleport that god damn drone in PoE bounties...

And Frost is great at things like Defense and MD, he's also pretty decent at low level clearing with Avalanche. 

I definetely agree with you about Hydroid and Yareli though...

• Like 1

Am 30.11.2021 um 11:28 schrieb AzureScion:

True this, Zephyr is a damage monster now combined with a good weapon. Also her survivability is top notch! Combine her 3 (with added augment mod as an option) and then stay airborne, you'll be pretty much invincible, since her 3 deflects every projectile and they can't melee you up in the air. Zephyr is one of the better frames right now in my opinion.

As for the worst? I'd probably have to go and say Frost, because his only redeeming feature, his globe, can now be destroyed by a pack of level 60 Corpus mobs in less than a second, even though there's no nullifiers around. He also has no damage and energy expensive CC. Hydroid's tentacles at least stays for a long time and good for holding chokepoints, and his 2 is a good movement ability while 3 is a fun little "oh shoot" button, but Frost has nothing good on him. Which is sad because I love Frost.

Frosts globe scales with incoming damage. So if there are a lot of Corpus shooting it in the first 3 seconds, you will have a globe that can take a load of punishment.

• Like 1

On 2021-11-29 at 5:31 PM, (XBOX)Hyperion Rexx said:

18 months later, it's still hydroid 

Sad, really.

When I saw a comment near the top suggesting Banshee was terrible, I was shocked. Then I say the date and thought "Oh, maybe before augments/helminth system". But it didn't even register as a problem when the OP said Hydroid.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb HintOfMalice:

Sad, really.

When I saw a comment near the top suggesting Banshee was terrible, I was shocked. Then I say the date and thought "Oh, maybe before augments/helminth system". But it didn't even register as a problem when the OP said Hydroid.

This just proves that not everyones opinion is valid. The 2 frames I read most about being weak or should be reworked are Nyx and Banshee (among others), but they are truly endgame frames which can make fighting the hardest bosses in the game a cakewalk.

• Like 2