Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats the worst warframe in the game currently?

(PSN)grayhyh

1 hour ago, supernils said:

I only have 22 or so, but Banshee is pretty S#&$.

her 1 is a bad CC

her 2 provides some survivability I guess (I don't fully understand it)

her 3 in theory provides a nice damage boost, however you have to hit particular body parts which just aren't highlighted sufficiently

her 4 has the old scaling problem and is useless to anything above level 20

You got her 2 and her 3 mixed up, which leads me to believe you are not very well versed in her kit. While this doesn't invalidate your opinion, it does suggest you haven't crafted her in enough varied ways to realize her potential.

I will agree that her 4 without the augment (and possibly even with it) is severely lacking. But I would argue that she is hardly the worst warframe.

As to the OP's question, I feel Inaros is the worst warframe. Sure, he's a tank, but all of his abilities outside of his 1 are borderline useless. His 2 is useless (magus elevate, medi-ray, hunter recovery), wtf is his 3, his 4 is one of the worst ultimates in the game (yay the augment gives status immunity).

I've long held the opinion that Inaros is the most boring warframe of them all. To me, this makes him the worst. No contest. And I always seem to find at least one on my team during sortie hijack.

Edited by z3us32610
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, z3us32610 said:

You got her 2 and her 3 mixed up, which leads me to believe you are not very well versed in her kit. While this doesn't invalidate your opinion, it does suggest you haven't crafted her in enough varied ways to realize her potential

I already admited that I don't fully understand her 2(3) (without looking it up again). However for all other frames I have played, I could get more fun and usefulness out of them. That could just mean that Banshee is a relatively complicated Warframe, but in terms of game design, this means failure, bad. Apparently she can be valid with very specific build, but sorry if you need maxed Arcane to make a frame viable, then the frame is broken.

Nyx
Ability 1:
 Useless. Its easier and quicker to shoot the enemies dead instead of wasting time powering up a unit to kill less units you would've been able to kill in the time you were powering him up.
Ability 2: bland. Sure it strips armour but in the blandest way possible. There's 0 Fun in this ability and to be honest for the content in the game Armour strip isn't really needed.
Ability 3: Chaos, oh Chaos. left behind by the game... The game has multiple frames with a HARD CC such as Khora's ensnare abilty which 100% stops the enemies whilst Chaos is a soft CC which still potentially allows the enemy to shoot both you and defence targets. even Gauss the S P E E D frame out performs Nyx in the CC department.
Ability 4: Oh good! An ability which has the player do absolutely nothing and I mean nothing. It chugs energy when being hit, does a pathetic knockdown with pathetic damage and provides a negligent damage boost with a duration that's even shorter than your [omitted]. 'BUT IT HAS AN AUGMENT' which removes all fun from the movement system, if the ability requires an augment to even be usable then its a bad ability. anyway, being invulnerable is boring without any flashy movement or visuals.

My Verdict

Spoiler

Zephyr
She has a single powerful ability(Turbulence) and that's it. Sure she can fly with Tailwind but out of all Warframes that are able to fly her ability to fly is the worst. her flight is the the jack of all trades, master of none.

Speed: Titania > Zephyr
Hover: Hildryn > Zephyr
Manoeuvrability: Wukong > Zephyr 

Remove Turbulence and she's truly a trash tier frame. oh yeah that ability to fly is useless on the open maps since ALL FRAMES CAN FLY because Archwing exists.

My Verdict:

Spoiler

ouch bird GIF

Hydroid
I'll be honest here I hardly played Hydroid and i cant really find any thing good about him since his Undetow got nerfed and Grendal's mere existsnce. Besides his looting ability I don't see anything all that interesting. perhaps they should combine Tidal Surge and undertow into a single ability as a Press and hold ability and give him something fresh and new.

My Verdict:

Spoiler

jurassic park water GIF

BUT WHICH FRAME IS THE WORST!?
I don't know. Now stop asking.

Edited by Raqiya
  • Like 3

hmm.

i'm gonna go with Nomad, because zero involvement Protagonist with one of the most generic 'super powers' i've seen in a long time in the Games Industry.
the Nano Suit was really nowhere as cool as they tried to make it out to be.
:^)

almost every serious answer in this Thread is gonna be a whoosh so i figured it was better to have one that isn't.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Raqiya said:

Don't we have slam attacks?

true... her ability could apply a harder CC though, lifted would be appropriate, and a larger radius

anyway, her other abilites need changes too, so not going into further detail here

1 minute ago, supernils said:

true... her ability could apply a harder CC though, lifted would be appropriate, and a larger radius

anyway, her other abilites need changes too, so not going into further detail here

I agree with you. no need to elaborate on how else she can be improved.

I am surprised Gearsmatrix not commented here yet. I do not think there are a worst frame or best frame because it is depend on the usage and their roles.

What I think needs some touch is exalted weapons so frames with the exalted weaponry can get some touch. Excallibur however could drop the radial javellin because that ability not kill after a point and has no real use on higher levels. The blind ability is his best and his last are "fine" but needs some look up.

Valkyr needs some touch up too to replace her ripline with something or just make it scale. 

The glass cannon frames after the armor/shield treatement much more viable than before but Nyx could see some tweaks and ability revisits. Would not remove any of her abilities instead tweak them and add some extras. Her bolts could deal damage like in the old days and keeping the armor reduction too. She more likely needs a physical change on her body department to look less like excallibur and give her a new unique identity.

Ash is a ninja frame and while he does not really needs too much I would just increase his smoke sceen a bit and add him an exalted weapon (shuriken) which can be modded and could scale more than his shurikens. It could work the same way just become much better at killing.

Trinity is in an okay place because she is a support / medic by role but I would just merge her first and second ability to do both and give her a new buff or self protecting ability which could synergize with her link. I personally think she can use a buffing ability because it feels the heal and energy regen could go in the same way. Not really see the benefit to be separated only just took a slot from an interesting mod. However she is still has her uses.

Revenant can be more eidolon esque frame. I do not have problem with his current form but I get why Gears think his abilities are a mess because the devs just put together some ability and voila there is revenant. He can have some more sentient esque abilities but I like his mesmer skin because that has a lot of use and preventing him from oneshots. His first can use the nyx mind control treatement so your thralls won't die until the duration is on. Reave is okay I guess but I never figured out how can I use efficiently. Danse macabre is just a damaging ability but not fit to him. He have mostly identity problems.

Limbo is almost fine but he is not a team friendly frame unless you request him. You can roll and avoid his banish but his cata can prevent you do many things and if the devs removing these limitations on players then it would be more useful.

Other than this I do not see too much problems. Chroma and Atlas questionable but Atlas atleast could be more useful and the Chroma is the one whom I feel the real need of revisit to become an actual dragon.

Edited by Sziklamester
  • Like 12