Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats the worst warframe in the game currently?

(PSN)grayhyh

3 hours ago, supernils said:

I only have 22 or so, but Banshee is pretty S#&$.

her 1 is a bad CC

her 2 provides some survivability I guess (I don't fully understand it)

her 3 in theory provides a nice damage boost, however you have to hit particular body parts which just aren't highlighted sufficiently

her 4 has the old scaling problem and is useless to anything above level 20

You just said you don't fully understand it, so how is that the frames fault? That means you as an individual arent good with the frame. The frame is great. 

• Like 1

Hydroid, Chroma and Excal probably.

Hydroid is just clunky and really only useful for double loot. Chroma is just a 1 trick pony, for one single mode and kinda pointless in the rest of the game. Excal lacks good abilities, his 2 is the only really useful skill. Nyx outperforms them all imo when it comes to usefulness in most game modes. She can cover up defense objectives, she can confuse the enemy and strip the perfect amount of armor i.e 99% and she can MC things like ancient healers or eximus units so the group gets the buffs.

4 hours ago, (PS4)grayhyh said:

Hydroid imo? He aint good for anything except dangling enemies with his tentacles and making them drop more resources.

The fact that he can do this Automatically makes him Good. And Nekros is not his Competition, He's his Ally... Its Khora who has the Potential to make Hydroid useless since they're Loot Abilities work the same way, but don't Stack.

3 hours ago, saghzs said:

As much as i want to say Inaros, because.. lets be honest, all he is, is a bunch of hp, nobody really cares for his abilities

I wouldn't question this statement. Most HP rarely actually contributes to Mission Objectives, but because Theres enough content where Abiliites don't matter Inaros ends up just having value.... and thats really annoying.

3 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:

no

Hide contents

Banshee has changed Drastically !! :O !!!

3 hours ago, Serafim_94 said:

Seriously though, he's a good farm frame when you need something from low-level missions.

Actually he's good for Farming if you need something from Enemies in Any-Level Mission, He's just needs to Hide in Higher Level Missions while someone else does the killing.... All we need are the Loot Tentacles. Doesn't matter if He has nothing else.... Well I mean it does... but it doesn't make him most the worst, it just means he is badly designed... or Rather the content is badly designed around him.

17 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Chroma is just a 1 trick pony, for one single mode and kinda pointless in the rest of the game.

I don't know.... a Range Chroma I think is good. no... wait... for it to be good you need to ask your Team Mates to stay Glued to you.... soooooo... yeah... Boss Killing is all Chroma has going for him. and even that starting to lose Relevance.

20 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Excal lacks good abilities, his 2 is the only really useful skill.

Its still good in missions where Warframe Abilities actually function. I think that alone gives him merit. 

16 minutes ago, moostar95 said:

I can't stand nyx. She is only being stated as good because people can't let go that her time in the meta is over. She needs her kit fixed. 

I definitely have a Bias for Nyx, however its not because I play her myself... Its because one time in Arbitrations she really made things go alot Smoother... We kill the Drones and Nyx keeps enemies Distracted... if for whatever reason someone is running Unairu then they can Enter Void Mode to Remove Aggro long enough for Chaos to work consistently. 

We need more CC Content !!!!

As for Who I would say is the Worst Frame.... Octavia !!!!

Can She Deal Damage ? Yes !

Can She Survive ? Yes !

Is She Versatile ? Yes !

Can she benefit the Group ? Finicky but Yes !

Is She Fun ? NO !!! This is obviously subjective but despite her usefulness I think her Design lacks alot of involvement. Octavia should be Reworked so that actual music (Which has no real definition) is her goal and somehow that can kill/CC enemies... not Making Noise and Automated Timed Abilities...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ThatDumbGuy said:

Atlas, Banshee and Zephyr are warframes that I don't know how to mod so that's my vote.

Look at my name, then back to the comment, then back to my name, then back to the comment.

You may not be able to mod Zephyr, but with the help of Birdframe_Prime you could.

Interested?

Dive Bomb in! To a world of quasi-invulnerability and high-skill-ceiling passive movement abuse.

With just a few Forma and a player who loves the frame to guide your way.

............. Moving on.

That all said? Zephyr's C-tier. There aren't really any S-tier frames, since the content has been adjusted and there are only those that are even really high-tier in given situations.

There are A's, B's, C's, D's and since recent reworks there's no real F's out of the bunch.

The lowest ranked frames I can honestly and objectively rank are...

Revenant, because his abilities rely on mechanics that aren't very functional with the way the game currently works, like minions that can be killed, gimmicks that need specific modding, and a defense ability that works on charges in a horde-based shooter game where sources of damage can clear your charges in a matter of a second or two.

And Grendel, because he's tanky, but requires enemies to function, consumes those enemies almost immediately in his 4, drains high amounts of energy if using his abilities fully... it's just kind of too reliant on a gimmick at the moment.

This, however, is completely different from the frames that most need updates and reworks to abilities. Because the frames that most need these are ones that have fantastic functions, but can't make use of them in a way that really makes an impact on this game.

So that list includes Zephyr, because dear RNGesus, fix her 1, rework her 2, make her 3 affect Flame Throwers, and buff her 4.

There's Nyx, because her 2 is still not up to scratch and her 4 desperately needs to function differently, her whole kit needs to have some underlying mechanic to tie it all together like affecting Aggro on herself and enemies.

Banshee needs her 4 updating mechanically and she needs either a longer lasting CC (from reworking her 4) or a damage mitigation function beyond shield gating.

Loki has one of the best 4's in the game, and the most base-useful 2, but his 1 doesn't have any scaling function beyond... level 5? And his 3 is so situational that it's not even a function that people use in day-to-day play unless it's used on his 1 or other players.

Trinity has one of the best 4's in the game, and the most team-useful 2, but her 1 is useless from the second you unlock her 4 and desperately needs either her whole kit reworking or this ability replacing for something like a CC team buff.

Inaros is awesome as a face-tanker, CC and life gain, self stacking armour, even a team radial heal if he uses it, but his 2 doesn't scale and his 3 needs an augment to deal useful amounts of effects on enemies.

Chroma has incredible potential, but people really don't have a reason to use his 1 or his 4 in most cases. Updating his 1 to be able to change his elements, giving his 1 a mechanical make-over so that he can cast it without it draining energy, and maybe stripping just a couple of functions out of his 4 and turning it into a buff-banner for his 2 and 3 so that he can give allies the buffs even when he's not nearby. That would be the right direction.

Mirage really needs her 2 changing from just a radial trap and stun/blind to giving her areas of Light and Shadow so that she can make the most out of her 3. Then she needs her 4 updating to interact with that too, so that standing in the shadow isn't a direct nerf to the damage, and so that standing in the light isn't the only way to make it deal good damage.

And every frame that uses an Ability Melee weapon needs the stats looking at after Melee 3.0, whether that's Excal, Baruuk, Wukong and Valkyr, or whether that's Khora for her whip and Atlas for his fists (so that those two don't rely on Melee Mods to function, because I always feel that those abilities should be good on their own, not just while stacking on stat stick functions).

Buuut...

That's just my rambling thoughts.

• Like 4

Where the heck is Gears? We're lacking his daily allotment of how supposedly Revenant is terrible (he's not) and non-functional (he's not)

All jokes aside, I'm going to go with Nyx and Hydroid. They just about work, but even in Sorties they start to show their wrinkles. And it's a shame because while Nyx used to be God tier just for her Chaos alone, enemies just don't seem to care about her powers anymore. Mind Control is too much setup for not enough payoff (though the Revisited updates are subtle buffs), Absorb just flat-out doesn't do anything -- Wukong Defy is so much better -- and Psychic Bolts only seem to work on one enemy in the whole game. Hydroid has a couple nice gimmicks but they're all slower than just shooting the enemy

• Like 4

Saryn, Mesa, Equinox and Rhino, all of these frames are use for i could say cheat a game make things trivial, boring whit no real gameplay, mostly used for the OP abilities, provide no teamplay in game, only selfish way of playing a game... 

Saryn player usually use only miasma rarely see anyone use other 3, if he does, he actually spend some time in the game 😜

Mesa or to say aimbot cheat frame ,2,3,4 and hold a left click, massacre, but who cares she have a nice butt, that's important 😄

Equinox never saw any player rushed to heal an ally, or do cc, frankly i don't think equinox player care about that, well, you can always clear entire room, well if you do that no point to do anything else...

Rhino the christmas tree of index, he don't give a damn about anything else instead of his iron skin, 100.000 FEIR-rite armor allow him to be a punching bag and wen enemies die tired, he still have more for a next wave, funny that Titania have thorns damage but he dont, and yea DE buff him, because?

Edited by Miledude
corrections
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, supernils said:

I only have 22 or so, but Banshee is pretty S#&$.

her 1 is a bad CC

her 2 provides some survivability I guess (I don't fully understand it)

her 3 in theory provides a nice damage boost, however you have to hit particular body parts which just aren't highlighted sufficiently

her 4 has the old scaling problem and is useless to anything above level 20

• Like 2

vor 6 Minuten schrieb RamonLeeYJ:

something tells me some of yall are either bad at Warframe, or you have the absolute lazy, unoptimized builds

It more of a things with strenand weaknesses of a player. Give me a nova and everyone is going to abort the mission, becaude I'm to dumb to play with her.

But give me Ash and tell me a reason to play seriously. Take yourself a break and enjoy your life. Because you won't see anything alive in the game except yourself (and your alias).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, supernils said:

I know players love to gimp the S#&$ out of one ability of a frame with one particular build, but that's not what I consider a good frame.

i dunno i use all her powers myself , cast 1 to strip armor aug is helpful

2/3 up is fun, if you do 2 aug its like spore but damage on steroids

4 is more for cc, then damage though and is clunky without the augment 

• Like 2

The majority of frames that are bad or mediocre are considered so because they've been power crept, or had weak damage to begin with.  There are very few abilities in the game that wouldn't be fixed by doing what they did for Grendel and Vauban:  Scaling ability damage with enemy level.  If Spectral Scream did actual damage, you'd see Chromas running through missions with it turned on for more than a laugh.  If Ice Wave and Tempest Barrage did useful damage you'd see people use them without the augments.  A lot of the damage abilities are trash that can't kill anything over level 30 unless you forgo all mods but power strength.  Nekros' Shadows don't do any real damage even WITH maxed out power strength.  They need to rethink how they handle damage on abilities.

As for what the worst frame is IMO, it's one of the 2 OG farm frames for sure.  I have 5 forma in both Nekros and Hydroid, and imo both have kits that need an overhaul.  Take away their farming abilities and they'd never see play again by the majority of the community. 

On Nekros, his 1 is useless without the augment and gimmicky at best with it.  His 2 is okay for late game soft CC and armor strip, but severely outclassed by other frames similar abilities.  It's kind of like having a pocket Nyx.  I'd rather have the Nyx.  His 3 is good for farming.  It's the only reason to play him specifically, as far as effectiveness is concerned.  His 4 is a good meat shield, especially with the augment, but again, outclassed by pretty much any other ability that helps the squad survive late game enemies.  

As for Hydroid, all his damage is a joke past low level content.  Over 200% power strength and even tentacles summoned from a puddle to increase their damage barely do anything outside of CC, and even the CC is limited because the AI for the tentacles is severely limited.  His Barrage does basically nothing without the augment.  Tidal Surge is one of the worst movement abilities in the game and only really useful for moving the puddle around.  The puddle is interesting but has hellacious drain, can't pick up drops/orbs, and unlike other frames gaining synergies with their movement skills, there is no reduction in cost to Tidal Surge while in puddle and it only moves half the distance.  Compare that with the synergies of Gauss, who gets the cost of Mach Rush halved while in Redline (even allowing it to bypass the efficiency cap I believe.) and still get to use it at full effect.

Unfortunately, with the way I feel DE operates, the fact that we raised a stink to get them to unnerf the farm synergies of these two probably means we won't see a rework for them any time soon, if ever.  If we do, it will be in the form of a global buff like adding scaling to all damage abilities, or it will be Hydroid, when they're ready to release his Deluxe.

• Like 2

While I try to belive in: There are no bad frames just anoying players.
There are a bunch of frames I don't like to play.

Limbo only not anoying in certain missions. 
Other then that just plain anoying.

Zephyr. The slow falling when jumping around always makes me land on the top edge of any door/tunnel opening.

Grendel. feels more like a meme frame to me.

nyx when a mob is "turned" and I shoot half a clip in it only to realize its "turned" and will not take damage.

Those are just a few frames that I dislike.
There are propably more since nothing is perfect.
But even the frames I l isted will have people who like them.
And they do have a place in certain missions.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

The majority of frames that are bad or mediocre are considered so because they've been power crept, or had weak damage to begin with.  There are very few abilities in the game that wouldn't be fixed by doing what they did for Grendel and Vauban:  Scaling ability damage with enemy level.  If Spectral Scream did actual damage, you'd see Chromas running through missions with it turned on for more than a laugh.  If Ice Wave and Tempest Barrage did useful damage you'd see people use them without the augments.  A lot of the damage abilities are trash that can't kill anything over level 30 unless you forgo all mods but power strength.  Nekros' Shadows don't do any real damage even WITH maxed out power strength.  They need to rethink how they handle damage on abilities

thanks! Exactly my point