Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Scarlet Spear

Tepes

Hello, sorry for my English😔

It's just awful! Operation: Scarlet Spear is an event released on March 24, 2020 surprisingly brought a lot of changes to the game both good and bad.
"The pros and cons…»
+ Promotion of the game's plot - very little.
+ Ability to get new weapons - increase the skill rank.
+ Ability to get ALL Arcane enhancements - It is quite normal to allow equality among those who could not afford it for one reason or another.

- Division of teams by relay - In fact, these are always filled zones with players who have managed to enter them , the rest have to " finish eating their bones".If the player plays 1 then there is a chance that in the filled relays when the player will connect to the squad (host) it will eventually be thrown out.
- Stupid division of time and effort between earth and space missions - In fact, those who play on the ground (troops) are SLAVES , since the mission involves sending a result to other players which is not particularly what not to do (using certain frames to play semi-AFK, not to mention that the average duration of the mission: earth = 22-30 minutes, space = 12-20 ... )
The main problem is points, or rather their accrual, on the Ground they are very little given because there is no opportunity to stand AFK as in space. Bonus Scarlet Credit can be earned after successfully defeating all Murex ships in a single Murex wave should have become a catalyst to quickly close 1 relay, but the players just left after 1-2 runs (it happened that no one went to the relay with 96/100 and it remained unclosed) . 

Result: I liked the event although there is a feeling that something is missing ... maybe if prices for Arcane enhancements did not fall any time... it would be easier (it's a shame that you farmed on raids, Eidolon was given to new players just like that at a cheap price)
mountain GIF

My personal opinion - Outside of bugs evet was amazing , Im fine with payout and how bonus worked simple because we had a full month to get what we wanted , my only complain is that railjack part doesnt feel like it revolves around railjack , all that ivestment and hard work ended up as slap in the face as it is complitely pointless of maxing out .

• Like 2

While I have certainly criticised Operation Red Rocket, I have to say it turned out okay in the end.

Limbo trivializing the space missions was a silly oversight, fixing this really improved the experience. The separated relays and the capped bonus seemed like a recipe for disaster, but after getting used to it people just "swapped relays" after each mission, so it was fine.

The imbalance between ground and space missions certainly felt like a bad idea at first, but even this ultimately didn't break the event - mostly, I presume, because very few people actually have the required Railjack to start a space mission in the first place.

I was quite dismayed during the first days, in big part because of the bugs and the baffling design/oversights. But when I heard that the event was about to end, and gave it one last chance, getting all the desired Arcanes actually wasn't a terrible experience.

Edited by Traumtulpe
  • Like 1

Il y a 22 heures, -SW-Tepes a dit :

+ Ability to get ALL Arcane enhancements - It is quite normal to allow equality among those who could not afford it for one reason or another.

I completly disagree with this one.. they just rendered eidolons useless (except for focus), eidolon that was the replacement for raids for oldest players.. (i miss you raids..), the arcanes market is completly screwed and will never come back from this (and the event will come back.. so.. even time won't be able to heal this)
For someone like me who busted his ass to get all the arcanes i needed, to see that they just give them like candy for almost no effort.. (i've over 1000 trio runs..)
And don't start with the : New players can't do eidolons like you , some ppl don't have enough time to do that, ect... i was on their shoes, i found solutions, there is always a solution.

but its how DE works these days.. giving everything for free or almost no effort, no difficulty, just to make noobs or new players happy..

More example : the nerf on the condrix 😂 ,the incoming changes on railjack, making our railjack even stronger and ennemies weaker (not what railjack needed..), arbitration rework, that allow ppl to get ressurected, the self dmg removal (yeah.. cuz its so hard not to shoot yourself :'') ), kuva liches change, ect..

Anyway.. this event was not the worst, but not fan of it.. space runs was literally an afk farm (but full of bugs.. railjack uh..), ground mission required more effort from players and yet less rewarding.. i also regret the fact it was not an endless mission..

(french dude, sorry for typo)

Edited by 1st-1
  • Like 1

I'd like to recap things that didn't quite work and I think should be looked at again.

1. The concept of linking squads doesn't seem to add much value, while introducing a lot of complexity resulting in bugs. When the ground teams are efficient, the space teams don't really feel it, the process just goes as expected. But if there aren't enough kill codes generated, the space teams just stand there helpless, warding off sentients, waiting indefinitely for kill codes, and they can't do anything about it. I don't find this part enjoyable or bringing the spirit of teamwork.

Possible solutions:

Spoiler

1. Scratch the idea of squad links. Even in TennoCon promo that people were excited about it's unclear what squad A is supposed to do while squad B does its part (5-20 minutes?). Scarlet Spear can be more like other joint effort missions (Balor Fomorian and Razorback Armada) where your squad contributes to the global progress but isn't hindered by it.

2. Make it so that dependent squad can complete their task regardless, but support squad's action add benefits/buffs/etc that simplify or speed up the process and feel good.

3. Make the squads even more interconnected. The mission doesn't even start before both squads are assembled, and the mission progress depends on squads taking turns performing tasks, short enough for the other squad to not get too bored. But then, again, it's rather frustrating if the other squad doesn't do its job, and you have no way to step in.

2. No versatility in picking a frame. My attempts to go as anything but Limbo failed. No Limbo in squad = oplinks get quickly taken out, game over. That workshop on healing defendables sounds like it might fix this problem.

3. Public matchmaking problems (yes, I don't have friends). If you join at the beginning of the raid, all is good - full squads are being formed. If you join midway, or your squadmates decide to not go for the second round, it's very unlikely that you'll be joined by anyone in that window during which the squad is open. I guess the solution is to be more sociable and hang out in chat, but I'd much prefer to be able to just jump into the mission, like I usually do.

4. For people who only have an hour or two to spend in Warframe, their time might not coincide with the raids, and they miss out. To get good rewards (a 3-tier emblem and a nice amount of credits) you need to do two full runs in a single raid. That limits the time window during which it makes sense to participate in a raid.

5. Infinite enemy spawn in space (it looked that way?) made Railjack part quite pointless. All it needed to do was transport the satellite. I'd much prefer if we were to resolve the space threats before jumping into murexes.

Edited by Andikki
grammar
  • Like 1