Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Redeemer Dont Deserve This

8faiNt

17 hours ago, 8faiNt said:

<snip>

I cant be the only one thinking like this. sure, Redeemer was a good melee for eidolons but who even cares about Eidolons at this point? They are obsolete. DE should stop changing Redeemer's disposition based on popularity because as someone who used redeemer a lot and has it as it's most used weapon, It is one of the worse melee weapons in the current game to play in a casual mission.

<snip>

thanks for coming to my ted talk

Are you the only one thinking what you think? Probably not...but do those other players respond with drivel when others don't agree with them? As someone that has Redeemer as most used weapon one would assume knowing how to leverage the weapon would be expected...even in casual missions.

Instead, if someone doesn't agree with your supposition...

17 hours ago, 8faiNt said:

Redeemer's performance in casual missions is just awful compared to any other melee. It cannot deal with a crowd quickly enough. It will get a lower dispo with every disposition change even though it is objectively one of the worse melee to play with.

the responses are drivel and bordering on insulting.

1 hour ago, 8faiNt said:

You're just making fun of yourself with your silly assumptions. Not gonna help derail my thread with your ridiculousness. You're delusional.

Instead of discussing the points raised by others the OP spouts drivel about those posters as a 'defense' of the position held in the OP.

Not sure I have ever seen a TED talk like....this...

The OP might have generated an interesting discussion thread but instead it is derailed by the OP insulting others

So it appears a valid conclusion that this thread was started to complain about the riven disposition of Redeemer...but certainly wasn't started to have a discussion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GreyDeath789 said:

Instead of discussing the points raised by others the OP spouts drivel about those posters as a 'defense' of the position held in the OP.

That is extremly hypocritical considering I was already replying but okay.

1 hour ago, GreyDeath789 said:

it is derailed by the OP insulting others

that's just funny.

well, looking at your reply, you just tried to make me look bad and you dont have any intention to argue about the topic.(ironic considering you were talking about me not talking about the redeemer while i was already) Extremly manipulative of you. I guess I have to congratz you or else you will think that I am insulting you, huh? Well, here's a medal. 🎖️ Good for you for sticking to the original topic and talking about redeemer instead of trying to derail or talk about me.

Edited by 8faiNt

( Read the initial post, not the whole discussion)

I agree and disagree with you.

• Yes, Redeemer is not the most practical choice for a lot of missions.
  • No, that doesn't require change.

Warframe is a game where different types of warframes and equipment is better or worse in certain situations. Redeemer was ridiculously good against the sentient cores in scarlet spear and it is also really good against targets with a lot of health, and the riven dispo shows that people use it. It has its niche, which makes it better than a few hundred weapons that no one considers worth using in any situation.

As long as weapons and frames are different, there is no way they can be equal in all situations. Warframe has very little class and weapon balance, especially compared to games that put much more effort into streamlining. In World of Warcraft, they went to make the classes comparably good in their roles because the tighly calculated fights required numerical equality. But that also came with a loss in identity and uniqueness. DE could also just buff the weapon. And when someone else complains about their favorite weapons lack of power, they buff that as well. And so on. Like the way the Diablo 3 team inflates the damage bonuses since years because instead of putting one down, they bring everyone else up.

There's no way half a hundred totally unique frames and hundreds of more of less unique weapons can be comparably good in most situations.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GreyDeath789 said:

The OP might have generated an interesting discussion thread but instead it is derailed by the OP insulting others

So it appears a valid conclusion that this thread was started to complain about the riven disposition of Redeemer...but certainly wasn't started to have a discussion.

So it seems accurate that this thread wasn't started to discuss the Redeemer but more to complain about the riven disposition.

36 minutes ago, 8faiNt said:

That is extremly hypocritical considering I was already replying but okay.

that's just funny.

well, looking at your reply, you just tried to make me look bad and you dont have any intention to argue about the topic.(ironic considering you were talking about me not talking about the redeemer while i was already) Extremly manipulative of you. I guess I have to congratz you or else you will think that I am insulting you, huh? Well, here's a medal. 🎖️ Good for you for sticking to the original topic and talking about redeemer instead of trying to derail or talk about me.

Yes, yes...a lot is going into making you look bad...by anyone that disagrees with you in this thread...

And on the topic wanting to "argue about the topic"...not interested. Instead, a discussion where the pros and cons of the weapon in missions in Warframe might be of interest to demonstrate how the Redeemer is not useful. Killing groups of enemies in a casual mission with a weapon that has a poor riven disposition is a starting point...

Continue with the drivel as you see fit...but it isn't really helping your case. Just read the responses you basically mocked.

But it is nice to get a medal from someone as knowledgeable about the Redeemer (most played weapon)...

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, CortiWins said:

• Yes, Redeemer is not the most practical choice for a lot of missions.
  • No, that doesn't require change.

I actually dont want redeemer to change. That's the whole point pretty much. Im just giving a heads up that if the dispo went any lower than it already has, due to the statements I've already made, It wouldn't be convenient to use as it is already not better than any other melee at the moment.

Edited by 8faiNt

What exactly is the issue with the Redeemer? I've looked through most of this thread, and a lot of it is just repeating assertions without providing any supporting arguments, as though I'm supposed to naturally just KNOW what the problem is and agree with it. I have a Redeemer Prime. I've not used it in Eidolon Hunts. It seems perfectly fine to use in missions to me. So is the Sarpa, incidentally. What kind of problems should I be seeing with the weapon that require a whole thread posted about it? Genuine question here.

• Like 1