Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is railjack getting a rework already ???

Tenno76856

Question

How?.

Sure its grindy. And ability to find dropped loot is a pain but surely there is a lot more older things with game to be worked on first ie tilesets/infested/other warframes/lich system ......

Im sure plenty of solo playerz waiting for AI crew to come at some point (delayed further ugh ... Even though rj can be worked around to do solo)

How did rj get a revist and they cant give us the next orb fight yet? or better open world content.

Archwing still dead lol (the part of rj that nobody still cares about)

Still alot of Gb bugs within the game

but yea RJ is De's new Prized Update they are trying to not let it sink. Lets let them try and see where it goes from here. if its bad after itll be forgotten about like every other island if its good then... I guess we get more RJ content Yay!!!

Basically it's their flagship release of 2019, one touted as "What Warframe was always meant to be" (according to DE Steve), and it's meant to be the base for a whole lot of future content. So if DE wants to keep pressing forward with Railjack being the base content for whatever they have planned for our future they need to make sure that foundation is solid.

So they can't leave it as they left Archwings and Raids, broken for years before something was done about it.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, NigglesAU said:

How?.

Sure its grindy. And ability to find dropped loot is a pain but surely there is a lot more older things with game to be worked on first ie tilesets/infested/other warframes/lich system ......

Im sure plenty of solo playerz waiting for AI crew to come at some point (delayed further ugh ... Even though rj can be worked around to do solo)

Its the biggest thing they have released in a long time and they seem to want to make it a more core part of the game going forward. DE has the most important stats, how much players are engaging with it. If player engagement is low and they force it going forward, new content popularity would drop like a rock.

I personally don't mind it, but there's definitely a lot of problems with it and it's clear a lot of people are unsatisfied. 

• Like 3

IMO they don't want to admit it was the wrong thing to add into warframe (basically it was something Steve thought would be 'cool'...) so they're basically going to waste time and try and fix it so players might actually play it now the 'newness' has worn off... problem is there is it is so disconnected (ironic seeing as Steve said it wouldn't be...) from the rest of the game that once you've done all the maps and got all the loot you're interested in there is even less reason to do it than the other open worlds....

1 minute ago, GPrime96 said:

"Improving"

More like turning it into another Casual Gamemode.

This is a free-to-play, triple A MMO that supports hundreds of thousands of players across the four platforms and is in active development. It is almost certainly costing DE the price of a decently sized island every year to make it, let alone any marketing they plan on doing.

A niche game, I'm afraid, doesn't pay that kind of bill.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Corvid said:

And, IMO, better than what counts as "Hardcore" in this game.

Controversial opinion: Warframe is best when it's at Starchart levels.

i like it. I just hope that they leave some parts of it for those that want to dive deeper into it. I dont mind having a carot to chase to get the absolute best gear, as long as the casual stuff is also good enough for the content. 

They need to release railjack rivens!!!!

Edited by Hypernaut1

Because it came out in a rushed and unfinished state?

Lacks variety (one mission type), upgrade system was poorly received, numerous key features are still absent (Lich/OpLink integration), still has withstanding balancing concerns, etc.

It's also not a "rework" but a "revisit" which is more of a large polishing patch rather than remaking the entire thing. It's almost entirely stat changes with the only major changes being the upgrade system getting simplified and the transfer upgrade system being added to components. But nothing is being scraped and remade entirely as is expected for a rework.

21 minutes ago, NigglesAU said:

As a player who will probably play Solo Railjack exclusively if the Command intrinsic is good enough (besides events if we have more like SS that benefit from group play). I'd much rather Command Intrinsic was designed to work after the rework, instead of before it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

I think the bigger questions are why hasn't it gotten one sooner, and why did it release in the state it was released in? Wouldn't need to rework it if it took more time to develop.

I don't mean to rag on DE in saying this, but I think it came out when it did so it could be Warframe's greatest achievement of 2019. DE seem to be heading in the direction of advertising Warframe as a game that is always evolving and changing the meta of Free to Play games. It was a gamble and DE wanted it released before the year ended. That worked out as well as you can imagine.

I'm sympathetic and I respect why they wanted to do it, but I think a bit of humility to bend the knee and state that it would be delayed would've been a better PR move in the long term.

7 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

This is a free-to-play, triple A MMO that supports hundreds of thousands of players across the four platforms and is in active development. It is almost certainly costing DE the price of a decently sized island every year to make it, let alone any marketing they plan on doing.

A niche game, I'm afraid, doesn't pay that kind of bill.

Even though there's no balance between Teamplays and Solo. Some parts of the Game plays more like a MMO, or Solo, or punishing for Solo, or terrible to have Teammates in. Like a 2 - 8 Hour Survival, that's something that's doable with Friends or Solo since 98% of the Players in Warframe would reach 20 - 60 Mins (aka Randoms). With the current Scaling, a Squad would reach lvl 9999 and keep killing, if they survive up to that point that is, or Solo Player with a different Loadout can do that. Railjack's Revisit would either turn it into a Gamemode worth playing everyday or killed on arrival in a casual way but the second result got a higher possibility if DE's not careful.