Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reflex Aim should be Tier 1.

Alseiker

Would be great if Reflex Aim was moved to Tier 1 Instead of being a endgame choice, is usually a good tool to lock targets without relying in aim and navigation mastery to deal with enemies and usually the players that log into railjack for the first time get throw out of the mode because is kind of hard to deal maneuvers and aim at the same time (since aim controls in the ship are kind of awful) and don't have Tether/Particle Ram and rely in Voley to clear enemies (very flux dependant). Would be great if the lock time was changed to:

• Front Weapons: 1.5 seconds.
  • Side Weapons: 0.75 seconds.

Target Sync should be removed it from tier Gunnery and be made into a pasive feature, and maybe Tier 10 should be 30% Charge Speed reduction and 25% Damage to Forward Artillery or some Archwing Enhancement (40% Projectile Speed).

Edited by Neoriek
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, BDMblue said:

I don’t find the controls bad or hard to use. The only problem I have is basically 1 mode with no real reason to visit it. Hell even Rad opening would be nice.

Well, my aim is bad as hell, and i just having to do 360 maneuvers to shot 2 ships makes me want to forget about wanting to complete the mode (i need to get to veil proxima, and i have been playing without tether)

btw, I have like 10 pages of stuffs that makes me forget that there is a mode called railjack in game, and that (the lack of game modes) is like the 7 or 9 line of the first page. 

27 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I... wouldn't really put literal autoaim, even if only a partial one, for such a low investment.

You have to see the glass half full, it would make the mode 0.007 less infuriating.

Edited by Neoriek

Just now, Neoriek said:

You have to see the glass half full, it would make the mode 0.007 less infuriating.

I would probably find the autoaim more irritating. I'm actually probably going to avoid getting it, since you can't turn it off after you do. There's a strong subjective element to this request, and the ability is very powerful for its time investment. It doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

the ability is very powerful for its time investment.

How is suppose to 1.5 seconds lock into 1 only enemy (instead of the 0.5 in live) in like 100m range for front weapons a very powerful? the reflex aim have a restriction of how far you mouse have to be of the target to lock into him and the front weapon doesn't have Phantom Eye. 

The Side weapons literally have 0.5 autoaim at Tier 10 mastery too. it would be like 0.25 extra lock on.

9 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

There's a strong subjective element to this request.

Yes

12 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I would probably find the autoaim more irritating. I'm actually probably going to avoid getting it.

That all you have to say. 

Right now, Reflex Aim will change your ships direction of travel (i.e. move the nose of your railjack) to put your crosshairs on the leading target marker, which messes with your ship control. Yes, it does do the job, but if you are trying to maneuver in a specific direction, this can mess up your maneuver, especially if it grabs onto a target moving in the opposite direction from the one you are trying to hit.

In the game Elite Dangerous, a space flying sim, you have a choice between 3 ways of aiming: fixed (shoot at your crosshairs), gimballed (essentially aimbot within a window in front of you, does NOT move your ship, more like the weapons can adjust a certain number of degrees automatically), and turreted (if the gun can see the target, it can shoot at it, depending on the side of your ship facing the target, meaning the turreted weapon won't shoot thru the ship). What they are trying for (and failing at) is to emulate the gimballed weapon setup from ED. In my opinion, make it like Mesa's peacemaker and give a circle or square in your HUD, move your ship to put circle or square over enemies, and your guns will auto aim to the leading marker of whatever ship is closest within that area. They need to change it so that the auto aim does NOT forcibly move your ship to acquire a target. THEN it will be worthy of being a lvl 10 intrinsic skill.

ALSO, I think this would be overpowered as balls, but whatever.

EDIT: adding: The devs of ED made it so that there is a notable change in damage output and energy consumption between the three types of weapon setups, so that it helps with making a choice between dealing the most damage with fixed weaponry at the cost of requiring a higher skill ceiling to use well, to dealing less damage and requiring more energy to use the turreted weapons which can theoretically easily hit anything around your ship that is target locked. Gimballed weapons sit right in the middle in terms of damage, energy consumption, and ease of use.

Edited by (XB1)Furious Kaiser
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, (XB1)Furious Kaiser said:

Right now, Reflex Aim will change your ships direction of travel (i.e. move the nose of your railjack) to put your crosshairs on the leading target marker, which messes with your ship control. Yes, it does do the job, but if you are trying to maneuver in a specific direction, this can mess up your maneuver, especially if it grabs onto a target moving in the opposite direction from the one you are trying to hit.

In the game Elite Dangerous, a space flying sim, you have a choice between 3 ways of aiming: fixed (shoot at your crosshairs), gimballed (essentially aimbot within a window in front of you, does NOT move your ship, more like the weapons can adjust a certain number of degrees automatically), and turreted (if the gun can see the target, it can shoot at it, depending on the side of your ship facing the target, meaning the turreted weapon won't shoot thru the ship). What they are trying for (and failing at) is to emulate the gimballed weapon setup from ED. In my opinion, make it like Mesa's peacemaker and give a circle or square in your HUD, move your ship to put circle or square over enemies, and your guns will auto aim to the leading marker of whatever ship is closest within that area. They need to change it so that the auto aim does NOT forcibly move your ship to acquire a target. THEN it will be worthy of being a lvl 10 intrinsic skill.

ALSO, I think this would be overpowered as balls, but whatever.

Thank you, that is what i needed to know to understand. The "because is bad" doesn't help me in nothing to grasp what problem does reflex aim add to the game. I really don't see it as overpowered in comparison to tether meta and spam blackhole to win. But the maneuver problems seem like a good reason to make rework reflex aim into a better choice or straight remove it from game.

16 minutes ago, Neoriek said:

so you have never use it?. I can't understand how that learning process work, but you should be right i guess.

thankfully, other poor souls bit the bullet and found out how terrible it is since it snaps, lets go, and repeats. over and over.
it's absolutely terrible. but since other people bit the bullet first, i didn't have to be subjected to that because if i got stuck with that, Railjack would just be unplayable.

3 minutes ago, taiiat said:

thankfully, other poor souls bit the bullet and found out how terrible it is since it snaps, lets go, and repeats. over and over.
it's absolutely terrible. but since other people bit the bullet first, i didn't have to be subjected to that because if i got stuck with that, Railjack would just be unplayable.

I mean "unplayable" is a big word to say. I play just fine (still is a big mess of a game mode),  but is not like i need to uninstall the game for getting into tier 10.

Edited by Neoriek

2 hours ago, Neoriek said:

Thank you, that is what i needed to know to understand. The "because is bad" doesn't help me in nothing to grasp what problem does reflex aim add to the game. I really don't see it as overpowered in comparison to tether meta and spam blackhole to win. But the maneuver problems seem like a good reason to make rework reflex aim into a better choice or straight remove it from game.

Also, from what I gather, people also gripe a lot on the fact that the lock only last 1.5 .5 sec per zoom. So folks have to constantly zoom in and out to keep locking on and shooting the enemy, which can get a bit nauseating for some. Again, IMO, they should remove that timer, and to balance it out, reduce damage while zoomed in or something. <shrugs>

Edited by (XB1)Furious Kaiser
crossed out wrong info

21 minutes ago, (XB1)Furious Kaiser said:

Also, from what I gather, people also gripe a lot on the fact that the lock only last 1.5 sec per zoom. So folks have to constantly zoom in and out to keep locking on and shooting the enemy, which can get a bit nauseating for some. Again, IMO, they should remove that timer, and to balance it out, reduce damage while zoomed in or something. <shrugs>

0.5 second.

btw, yeah i really need some work.

Edited by Neoriek

8 hours ago, Neoriek said:

How is suppose to 1.5 seconds lock into 1 only enemy (instead of the 0.5 in live) in like 100m range for front weapons a very powerful? the reflex aim have a restriction of how far you mouse have to be of the target to lock into him and the front weapon doesn't have Phantom Eye. 

The Side weapons literally have 0.5 autoaim at Tier 10 mastery too. it would be like 0.25 extra lock on.

Because it literally aims for you?

That kind of defeats a big part of, y'know, a shooter. An apt reward, perhaps, for several hours of grinding when you've already got several other means that are de-emphasising shooting, but during the first ten minutes of Railjack? When people are just starting to learn how to play Railjack and get a handle on it? It's too powerful and could compromise that process.

8 hours ago, Neoriek said:

That all you have to say. 

Patently not, since I've already given other reasons.

Subjective reasoning is basically non-reasoning, and there's a more objective reason why not.

9 hours ago, taiiat said:

I'm so glad I came across this thread. I've got rank 9 gunnery and started saving my points for that auto-aim (others are all sitting at 8). It sounded really good especially for the hitscan guns.

2 minutes ago, TheGreatKazein said:

I'm so glad I came across this thread. I've got rank 9 gunnery and started saving my points for that auto-aim (others are all sitting at 8). It sounded really good especially for the hitscan guns.

as long as you really, really like zooming in and out literally constantly, then it's great. :V
(and constantly vibrating your Ship back and forth, if you're Piloting)

7 hours ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

Thats what Reflex aim is? Hard no for me then.

It's only auto aim in the sense it auto targets a nearby indicator, which due to inaccuracy means it's not auto aim in the sense your shots are guaranteed hits in the way Mesa Peacemakers are. Even if you try spamming it, not all the shots taken will be a hit. It should have just been an ability unlock that you toggle for better accuracy at the cost of damage/heat output with a different benefit when it's not active.

Edited by Yamazuki
  • Like 1

I read the level 10 gunner skill and instantly knew it was not for me. Now if all it did was highlight the closest target, I'd be interested. It could also let us choose the color or type of prediction crosshair since the test build is going to make it a no go for some of us red on red is not exactly a great idea. I prefer the old to the new one.

Edited by Nichivo

12 hours ago, (XB1)Furious Kaiser said:

Ugh. That reminds me of lane control on newer cars that will forcibly try to jerk the wheel back when you're trying to merge. I'm okay with it moving the gun turrets, but should not affect the actual direction of travel.