Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Game Feels Kinda Broken Now With New Mods..

Kato-san

I using Rhino doing 1256 damage with stomp only using up 25 energy (thats without roar)  And friend killing everything a mile away with Mags pull, and then you got your nova.

Pretty much the game ends up with us not having to use weapons and being able to clear out 100s of enemies with a push of a button.

Any one else feeling the same way?

Edited by MindlessWar

Those mods do have decent drawbacks though. iirc the power strength one is for efficiency. The power efficiency one is for duration. The range one is for (i dont remember). The duration one is for range. The new mods force your hand into one type of style for the warframe, really helping some things while making others worse

Edit: Don't forget they're all rare's, and most of the good ones are Rare 10 mods aka not easy to level up

Edited by Deadmice

I using Rhino doing 1256 damage with stomp only using up 25 energy (thats without roar)  And friend killing everything a mile away with Mags pull, and then you got your nova.

Pretty much the game ends up with us not having to use weapons and being able to clear out 100s of enemies with a push of a button.

Any one else feeling the same way?

The sad thing is that.. what you decribed... worked before already and just got much easier now. Game is broken and way... waaaayyyy too easy for a long time and i doubt that it will change in the near future.

The sad thing is that.. what you decribed... worked before already and just got much easier now. Game is broken and way... waaaayyyy too easy for a long time and i doubt that it will change in the near future.

yes before we would have to use weapons while are energy  filled, now we use very little energy and can spam away.

meaning we would have to think if we should wast a skill or not, now it does not really matter, 4 siphons gets you 4th ability ready in 10 seconds.

Edited by MindlessWar

Those mods do have decent drawbacks though. iirc the power strength one is for efficiency. The power efficiency one is for duration. The range one is for (i dont remember). The duration one is for range. The new mods force your hand into one type of style for the warframe, really helping some things while making others worse

Edit: Don't forget they're all rare's, and most of the good ones are Rare 10 mods aka not easy to level up

The duration hit to the efficiency mod seems like it wouldn't even matter..

Mprime - everything will become a flash of light IN a flash

Miasma - everything will disintigrate in an instant

Rhino stomp - who cares about the stasis when u can mash over and over

Mag - her 2 best powers not affected by duration

Volt - faster u are out of electro jesus the better

Nekros - can take a hit but u wouldn't have to wait for shadows to end to summon your new stronger friends

Frost - unaffected ulti but globe would be poop but again just make more! Ven diagrams baby!

Loki - possibly energy siphon will return enough to perma invis anyway

Ember - my wof lasts so long that i can almost get all my energy back anyway, ao wpuld be same just shorter

For some frames it would only change how often u casted something i.e. ember or trinity, but on burst frames it is an insanely gigantically monolithic buff.. the efficiency should come at the cost of power if anything, but then wtf is the point.. these mods are imbalanced as hell lol, bc on some frames or weapons the drawback has zero effect (i.e. recoil for flux, duration for certain ultis

Edited by shadowkinz

I don't think people look at mods the right way.

Your mods are how you level up your character.  More/stronger mods = higher effective level.  They aren't designed so that you hang out in easy content all the time, they're more so for clearing higher waves in defense, and surviving for longer periods of time in Survival.  If all you're doing is standard missions, of course it's going to feel easy.  That's the same as taking a max level character in your traditional MMO through the games first dungeon.  You can't be touched, and you'll devastate anything that comes near you.

The mods don't need to be fixed*, people need to understand that they're made with harder content (like I mentioned) in mind.

*I recognize some mod combinations do generate perma invincibility and other ridiculous effects and I'll agree that stuff like that probably should be looked at.

(Also, it's likely that they're made with Armor/damage 2.0 in mind, as well)

Edited by Mediave

Yes, please nerf the useful mods, they all must equally suck.

It's not about nerfing them because they're useful, but because they are too powerful when you stack them. IMO something to prevent stacking for power mods would fix it (i.e. if you have a mod that affects power range and duration in some way, you cannot put another mod that affects either of those on)

It's not about nerfing them because they're useful, but because they are too powerful when you stack them. IMO something to prevent stacking for power mods would fix it (i.e. if you have a mod that affects power range and duration in some way, you cannot put another mod that affects either of those on)

No fun allowed!

There's a cap for how much it can stack (75% I believe). otherwise I think one could do free skills with some helms. Its fine as it is at the moment, sure its easy to kill low to mid level dudes like this, but hey it was already easy to do so with any decent weapon. Try going higher levels and see how that helps you.

Hell, if we go that way, we could start talking how there are some places where its easy to camp in some maps and spam some long duration skills whenever they are necessary if you are well-equiped and never run out of energy if your team has enough energy siphons. (this without  those mods even)

Cause energy siphon is still useful we shouldnt have that either.

Point is, if you nerf these mods, they wont be worth it because even if you still reduce the downside of it as well, it still occupies a slot and slots are precious. We need more useful mods so that we can have objectives and variety of gameplay, not more collection trash that you seek out just to say: "hey, I got it."

Edited by Disrupted

No fun allowed!

There's a cap for how much it can stack (75% I believe). otherwise I think one could do free skills with some helms. Its fine as it is at the moment, sure its easy to kill low to mid level dudes like this, but hey it was already easy to do so with any decent weapon. Try going higher levels and see how that helps you.

Hell, if we go that way, we could start talking how there are some places where its easy to camp in some maps and spam some long duration skills whenever they are necessary if you are well-equiped and never run out of energy if your team has enough energy siphons. (this without  those mods even)

Cause energy siphon is still useful we shouldnt have that either.

Point is, if you nerf these mods, they wont be worth it because even if you still reduce the downside of it as well, it still occupies a slot and slots are precious. We need more useful mods so that we can have objectives and variety of gameplay, not more collection trash that you seek out just to say: "hey, I got it."

You're thinking about power efficiency, focus type mods stack perfectly.

Again, my solution isn't to nerf them, but make them unstackable, i.e. I have the blind rage I think it is (+power +energy useage), I cannot stack focus or streamline with it.

Because yes, 129% damage with only 25% increase in power usage (focus, streamline, and blind rage I think) is probably a little too much. Mag's pull does 687 with that, for 31 energy.

I'm having fun and that's all that matters to me.

But, but, but, now frames that didn't do much of anything can do pretty much anything. These ne mods are pretty fun to play with, way better then more time to hack.

This, and this. I'm tired of DE making FUN things and then tossing in a "fix" or an update like KEYS the keys are so dumb. I'm done playing until the damage update ... Hopefully it will make playing a bit more fun.

Imo the problem with being overpowered is that there is not enough high level content to use the powerful stuff in. T3 is the highest content you can do without doing high level survival/defense where you still have to do the low level content at the beginning to get to higher level enemies, and T3 isn't very high considering how powerful frames and weapons you can get.

Other games where you have to farm for materials/items, have low level enemies drop low level stuff and high level enemies drop high level stuff. In Warframe, low level enemies drop the same things the high level enemies do. So most of the time people are playing content that's way too low level for them while they're farming for mats, affinity, whatever...

EDIT: other problem with the enemy levels is that when the enemies start to be high enough level where their EHP won't let you just one shot everything or clear rooms with one button, their damage is so high that they'll one shot you and the balance isn't right anymore...

EDIT2: and I feel the game was in this situation before the corrupted mods, they just made it worse.

Edited by Naftal

DE is taking a turn for the worse because they cannot ever comprehend what players really want: a challenge without any handicaps.

What players want: A non-grindy game with a lot of difficulty in terms of completing missions, even with the best gear.

What DE wants: A GRINDY game with little difficulty. It doesn't matter whether you are a newb or a veteran, you will all get the same end-reward (see where I am getting at...?)