Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Revisited (Part 1): Bug Report Megathread (Read First Post!)

SilverBones

• TYPE: In-Game UI display discrepency (I guess?)
  • DESCRIPTION: When I use the Double Tap mod and hit an enemy, I would expect to see my buff in the top right corner for it to read "20%" but instead it displays "120%" which u can just attribute to being a visual thing instead of a practical thing, it seems the damage calculation is still fine. However comparing that to other buff thats add damage (like arcane fury, which displays +180% extra damage as actually being +180% damage bonus) seems inconsistent to display it that way.
  • VISUAL: don't think that's needed
  • REPRODUCTION: Just shoot at a mob in the simulacrum and u'll see the buff in the top right
  • EXPECTED RESULT: It should just say 20% per stack ? adding to a total of 400% damage bonus, instead of displaying it as a 500% "increase in damage" which seems inconsistent with how most other buffs are displayed ?
  • OBSERVED RESULT: see above
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100% displays it the same every time

On 2020-05-05 at 1:22 PM, xnem3s1sx said:
  • TYPE: In-Game
  • DESCRIPTION: "Looter" mod range inconsistent in railjack, sometimes being less than melee range
  • REPRODUCTION: Any railjack mission with looter on Carrier
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Crates with 12 meters broken
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Some crates broken, most on a huge delay, and often requiring you to be literally standing on them for it to work.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100%

This is how Looter works for me everywhere, all the time. It is a worthless, garbage mod.

• TYPE: in-game
  • DESCRIPTION: Unable to do anything. Upon press x to login on ps4, I am in the game facing the navigation console as usual, but I cannot access it by pressing square, nor can I even move my character and camera with the left and right sticks. The only buttons that work is the transference mode (l1+r1, or pressing the touchpad) and the chat (l2). if I press the option button while the chat is open, I can open the pause menu and quick travel to access the functions. However, after I loaded into a mission, the same situation occurs: unable to move and perform any actions, can't open pause menu because I can't open chat while in mission.
  • VISUAL: I don't think it would be helpful here. screen looks normal
  • REPRODUCTION: I would think this isn't a wide spread issue, otherwise the ps4 section will be on fire. 
  • EXPECTED RESULT: I should be able to move my frame and camera for a start. 
  • OBSERVED RESULT: completely unplayable
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 5 times I tried to play today. No error yesterday immediately after update

Update: I was messing around in the menu and went into customize controller, and I found that most functions were unbounded, including the left and right sticks. By restoring to default control, I can at least play the game now. Since I know the controller binding problem is being looked into, the bug I just reported appears to be semi solved, and consoles are just waiting for the controller fixes. 

• TYPE: [In-Game - Railjack / Empyrean mode]
  • DESCRIPTION: [While moving between the Railjack ship map/tileset to another Empyrean tileset (in the same mission), weapons with expanded magazine sizes beyond their basic values (i.e., equipping Magazine Warp or Primed Slip Magazine, etc.) will have that weapon's ammunition in the magazine set to the basic value, resulting in a loss of ammunition.]
  • VISUAL: [n/a - Trust me, I know what I'm doing.]
  • REPRODUCTION: [Tell us how we can replicate this bug ............... replicate it by equipping any magazine expansion mod for a weapon and note that the weapon's base magazine amount will be set when the player enters a Crewship, Point of Interest, or Murex tileset after using the Archwing Slingshot or transitioning from an Archwing. I believe this even occurs when using Tactical Join-Warp to another player on a different map from the Railjack (i.e., Join Warp from the RJ to the Murex or Crewship, and your Corinth Prime goes from 32 shells with Ammo Stock to 20).]
  • EXPECTED RESULT: [Tell us what you think should have happened ... my farging weapon should not have mysteriously loss all that ammo because I didn't shoot it, lose it, or reload it.]
  • OBSERVED RESULT: [Your weapon with the expanded magazine will have the ammo in the magazine reset to the base amount, if there were more shots than the base magazine capacity value.]
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: [100%, esp. if you Archwing Slingshot in with a Vekesk-like weapon using an expanded magazine mod but didn't fire anything from a fully reloaded magazine. Don't worry about the Vekesk mention - that's a DE joke only Dark Sector operatives get.]

two things that are still there from original railjack. vacuum speed still needs upping. u can still move faster than the pickups so they dont get picked up and even can be dropped if your boosting. also hitboxes on crew ships. if ur facing a sideways crew ship and shoot towards the engines which are at that point located at the edge of the hit box ur shots do 0 dmg. even on a non moving ship at point blank range.

Type - in game railjack

Description - able to equip same weapon in both front and side gunner position.

Reproduction - place weapon in front gunner slot. Open side gunner and select weapon from front slot and valence fuse. This will auto equip the weapon to the side gun but will not unequip from front slot.

100% reproduction.

Second thing now that I have a video

This is from PS4, unsure if it is a bug or feature.

Type-in game railjack

Description- Tether states that it does 3k damage. If it is deployed and triggered it does 3k. If it is deployed and shot it does 12k.

This video shows it in action on fighters.

This video is just a quick shot of the damage VS environment. 

If this is just a feature of Tether doing a 4x dmg when shot it is amazing and alot of fun. If it is a bug may I suggest not crushing it into the ground and just modifying to a 2x when the tether is shot. It does currently put void hole out of business as it is half the cost for much more damage.

But it's sooooo fun. If it helps you consider not nerfing it, I am a nurse working ED and covid units. This is great fun after a long night of work 😁

• TYPE: Kubrow gigantism
  • DESCRIPTION: grineer invaded i was riding solo, let the wheel just to realize my kubrow was giant 
  • VISUAL:https://imgur.com/gallery/NviGv2Y
  • REPRODUCTION:i have no idea how it happened, just know it's maybe related to transition between going into the driving seat of rj and inside.
  • EXPECTED RESULThttps://imgur.com/gallery/NviGv2Y
  • OBSERVED RESULT: first time it happened. couldn't even take more screenshots because grineer killed me for trying to selfie with it.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: first time. went back to normal size after i died.

• TYPE:  In-Game
  • DESCRIPTION: Hotfix 27.5.3 dropped, restarted and downloaded. Came back into the game and rightclick makes me jump. Tried to restart the game to see if that fixed, no result. Frame change doesn't fix. Tried remapping the keys, still not fixed. 
  • VISUAL: none
  • REPRODUCTION: Unknown
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Aiming
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Jumped
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Everytime I press RMB 

Fixed the issue after full Pc reset.

• TYPE: In-Game, Railjack
  • DESCRIPTION: Shield gating does not work on railjacks
  • REPRODUCTION: Let railjack be hit by enemies
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Get a short invincibility period after shields get depleted
  • OBSERVED RESULT: No invincibility period, enemies can damage the health of the railjack instantly after depleting shields
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: All the time

• TYPE: In-game / during Railjack mission.
  • DESCRIPTION: When fired, Tether avionics is most of the times of a green color, instead of using the Railjack energy color. Sometimes it's launched using the correct energy color and when you detonate it turns green again, and stays this way for the rest of the mission, or for the whole session.
  • VISUAL: No need.
  • REPRODUCTION: Everywhere/everytime, both being a client or a host, when you fire a Tether.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: When fired, the Tether should use the Railjack energy color.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: When fired, the Tether uses a light green default color.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Everytime you use it, both being client or host in a Railjack mission. Sometimes the first Tether has the right color, but when detonates, it turns green and stays that way.

• TYPE: In-game / during Railjack mission as a client.
  • DESCRIPTION: When a client uses any Battle Avionics (noticed during piloting, not sure if it happens on side turrets too), the Avionics isn't fired directly where you are aiming, but it gets fired kind of on the bottom, with no control over its direction, making it impossible to use some of those avionics (Void Hole, Tether and many other which require detonating or aiming).
  • VISUAL: Don't have any.
  • REPRODUCTION: Everywhere/everytime,using a Battle Avionics as a client.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: When activating a Battle Avionics, it shoots where you are aiming (usually in front of you).
  • OBSERVED RESULT: When activating a Battle Avionics, it shoots under your Railjack and it goes down instead of forward where you are aiming.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Everytime you use a Battle Avionics, playing as a client in a Railjack mission.

• TYPE: Railjack mission
  • DESCRIPTION: When I leave a squad in railjack after completing a mission without going back to the dry dock I lose all mission completion bonuses to affinity. The mission screen at the end shows it as being successful but when I go to my arsenal I don't have the progress shown in the mission end screen on my weapons.
  • VISUAL: [This is where you would add your screenshot or video]
  • REPRODUCTION: Every time I leave a railjack squad after a mission without going back to the dry dock
  • EXPECTED RESULT: I should have the affinity gain progress on the weapons that was shown on the mission summary
  • OBSERVED RESULT: I don't get that progress
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Literally every time I do the above since the last hotfix

2 hours ago, Squoggle said:
  • TYPE: Railjack mission
  • DESCRIPTION: When I leave a squad in railjack after completing a mission without going back to the dry dock I lose all mission completion bonuses to affinity. The mission screen at the end shows it as being successful but when I go to my arsenal I don't have the progress shown in the mission end screen on my weapons.
  • VISUAL: [This is where you would add your screenshot or video]
  • REPRODUCTION: Every time I leave a railjack squad after a mission without going back to the dry dock
  • EXPECTED RESULT: I should have the affinity gain progress on the weapons that was shown on the mission summary
  • OBSERVED RESULT: I don't get that progress
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Literally every time I do the above since the last hotfix

I have had issues with how these missions are set up this way for this exact reason. The only surefire way of not losing anything is to hit the Dry Dock. I kinda wish that it would spit you into Free Flight in between missions so you could do so safely without hindering those wishing to continue on too badly.

Or simply have a /clearly labeled/ option to leave the squad properly after missions are cleared without losing progress. 

• TYPE: Forge? Mission-related? One of those two
  • DESCRIPTION: In a mission I did this morning, I fired the Forward Artillery 4 times, using up 4 Dome Charges. After the mission completed, I went to the Forge in the back of the ship, and crafted 4 Dome Charges. Then I Refined. Then I went back to the Dry Dock. In the Dry Dock, it told me that I only had 1 more Dome Charge left. Then I went out on another mission, where again the game told me I only had 1 Dome Charge left
  • EXPECTED RESULT: As mentioned, I was expecting to enter the second mission with 5 Dome Charges
  • OBSERVED RESULT: As mentioned, I went into the second mission with only 1 Dome Charge

TYPE: In-Game
DESCRIPTION: Vazarin's Protective Dash working at 100% (5s invulnerability & 60% heal over 5s) on Kuva Injector on Kuva Fortress, Nabuk (Defense)
REPRODUCTION: Use Protective Dash on defense objective.
EXPECTED RESULT: Protective Dash gives objective 500hp/s over 5 seconds worth of healing
OBSERVED RESULT: Protective Dash works at full power (60% health healed over 5s & 5 seconds of invulnerability granted to the stationary objective)
REPRODUCTION RATE: 100% of the time
Visual:
https://imgur.com/smm4tbN
https://imgur.com/U8qyixj
https://imgur.com/uqLgaGE
https://imgur.com/a/AQLUmMY

TYPE: In-game, Railjack
DESCRIPTION: A grineer Crewship kept spawning and despawning in a veil mission, causing Cy to keep repeating his voice line, after defeating a boarding party, I tried to teleport around my Railjack, my screen froze and game crashed mid teleport, making me lose around 200 Intrinsics after 30 minutes. Also crash report code-   WAR-2781001
VISUAL: 2 videos, one of them is in a reddit post I made on r/Warframe as well-

REPRODUCTION: No clue
EXPECTED RESULT: A newly spawned crewship and no crash
OBSERVED RESULT: A shrodinger crewship and a game crash
REPRODUCTION RATE: Don't know

• TYPE: In-Game
  • DESCRIPTION: Tactical Map old bug is not on a fixed position therefore making it hard to teleport to a specific place on the ship.
  • VISUAL: I'm all the way back in the forge, not able to teleport to driver seat.
  • unknown.png?width=1063&height=598
  • REPRODUCTION:Every single Rail Jack mission.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Have the map on a fixed position
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Map moves around depending on your position on the ship
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100% of the time

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • TYPE: In-game
  • DESCRIPTION: Unable to see loot after a mission while being client
  • REPRODUCTION: After docking in dojo while being client on a RJ mission
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Able to see loot (avionics, reactors, engines, shields, weapons, dirac, resources) after docking and using the console to configure your railjack
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Loot not available after a Rail Jack mission, I have to exit the dojo and go back to it to see the recently gathered loot while being a client.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Every time after being client on RJ mission, never happens while being the host.

TYPE: Weapon, Archgun, Key Bindings

DESCRIPTION: In an archwing mission, Larkspur can not switch firing modes, unless heavy melee and alt fire are bound to separate keys, as hitting a key that has both functions prioritizes pulling out your archmelee and using a heavy attack instead.

REPRODUCTION: Have heavy attack and alt fire bound to the same key, and hit that key.

EXPECTED RESULT: Larkspur to switch firing modes.

OBSERVED RESULT: Melee is pulled out and swung.

REPRODUCTION RATE: 100%

Omni-Tool Teleport Exit Breaks 'Kill Galleon Captain' Quest

• TYPE: In-Game, blocks progress
  • DESCRIPTION: This occurred during a Railjack Mission: Flexa in the Veil Proxima. I was playing Volt. I killed the Pyr Captain on the Galleon, along with another team member, as required. The red marker left him, as expected, and then a green marker appeared leading me out of the Galleon. The other team member left the Galleon (I do not know if he used the exit or an Omni tool). However, instead, I ran a ways toward the exit but then used my Omni-tool to automatically teleport back to the ship. The whole team's quest progress still said to kill the Pyr Captain. There were no indicators telling us where to go from there, because the Captain was already dead. Another player went into and out of the Galleon, ensuring the captain was not there. Progress was still not fixed. Then, I went back into the Galleon, and ran all the way through it and left via the green indicated path (near where the Captain was). My exiting of the Galleon updated progress for the team, allowing us to win the mission and leave the area. So, my leaving with an Omni-Tool did not register as my having completed the "Kill Pyr Captain" part of the mission.
  • VISUAL: N/A
  • REPRODUCTION: Do a mission requiring killing a Galleon Captain. Kill the captain. Leave the Galleon via Omni Tool instead of the indicated method. Notice that the quest does not update for the team, and mission success is impossible.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: The mission should have updated, indicating that the captain was dead, once I killed him and left the Galleon via Omni Tool.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: The mission did not update that the captain was dead, and we were stuck in the mission until I re-entered the Galleon and exited properly.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: I do not know, I have not tried to re-create.

TYPE: In game, communications
DESCRIPTION: I am getting communications from my own name that are from a future date. Started yesterday, I have only gotten 2, they are blank messages. It's wierd.

No idea how to attach the screenshot. Not much to it,

REPRODUCTION: I have no idea. It seems to happen randomly when I log in.
EXPECTED RESULT: I shouldn't get random messages from myself with no content and from future dates?
OBSERVED RESULT: The opposite of that.
REPRODUCTION RATE: I seem to have no control over it.

Archived