[DE]Bear

Railjack Revisited (Part 1): Railjack Balance Feedback Megathread

This initial feedback is based on the Veil with this Railjack config:

https://imgur.com/a/q3zVyrC

On 2020-04-30 at 12:00 PM, [DE]Bear said:
  • Time-To-Kill on Railjack Enemies

Have a maxed out railjack. Feels very good now. Especially from the little fighters. Particle ram feels beastly. Combine that with the Piloting 10, I feel like a badass ramming my way through a group of 5 or 6 ships and watching them explode behind me. Unfortunately, the interaction has no effect whatsoever on crewships. It should stun the medium sized vessels at least or temporarily burst all its engines.

TTK is low enough that I'm actually wanting MORE enemies to kill. Maybe double the current required amount in the veil. Enemy packs could be much bigger as well. Double or triple the current size. Reduce the amount of XP per enemy to compensate.

Tycho seeker feels actually effective against crewships. Havent tested the other two.

Overall Health and Damage of Enemies

Crewships are in a decent spot. They can hammer at you for a while in a maxed out railjack but not forever so the Railjack feels appropriately tanky like an Orokin vessel with all its high technology should vs regular ships but not straight up invincible.

I do not like how we can reduce a Crewship to 0 HP with regular weapons but it still takes either boarding or front artillery to truly kill it.

Up the number of crewships required but they explode once they hit zero hp no matter the source.

Fighters literally feel like flies now. They dont seem to do much appreciable damage at all.

Survivability of the Railjack

Feels good. Very good. I expect an Orokin vessel to be far superior to anything the Grineer or even Corpus can throw at us so the current extreme durability of the railjack feels very appropriate.

I cannot wait to go up against proper corpus and grineer capital ships with their level of weaponry. 

Difficulty of Boarding Parties

Feels good. Could use more boarding pods. Currently either very few lauch or make it through to the railjack and whatever makes it through feels decently easy to clear. But then again I'm using maxed out gear in the veil.

Posted (edited)

Okay, you made a really good step in the right direction with these changes, but you kinda missed the mark with the adjustments.

This feels far too low now or at least that was the first impression. I haven't played the game in a few months now so I might need to get readjusted and remember how it was before. I'm not saying it's bad, but it felt a bit too easy. This however might also be since my ship's maxed out and ran Gian Point.

• Overall Health and Damage of Enemies

Needs small bumps up I'd say(if we're talking fighters and crewships), which in turn might solve the preceived lower TTK.

• Survivability of the Railjack

Not an issue, never was. I actually drew quick conclusions. RJ had isssues with survivability early on. I haven't tested a lower config ship, but I suspect it's better now.
Hazards though are...weird. I soloed about 3 GP runs(on public lobby but nobody joined) as I was interested in space combat and in all those I had no breach, no electric damage, only 4 fires from boarders. That's not...good in my book. I never found breaches and stuff annoying, it was the engineer's job to keep them in check and I liked juggling between fixing stuff, shooting the turrets and crafting ammo and flux in the forges. You might need to take a look at them, maybe increase the hazard chance a bit. Keep the "one of each type" limit though, that's a good change overall.

• Difficulty of Boarding Parties

Really hit the mark with these, I can finally enter the room they board without them one shotting me if I don't throw something before the door opens or go invisible. They're still pretty strong, but not sponges.

I will edit the post POST EDITED

Edited by DeLawrence

Posted (edited)

Could the Valence values maybe be looked at?  Currently if you valence a built piece of gear it costs 100% of the build cost (because you built it) and Dirac (the Dirac cost honestly doesn't bother me, but still), while valencing salvage only costs 40% of the materials and no Dirac.  I built a whole lot of things to make room/get under the wreckage limit before this update, and it hurts to lose all that titanium and asterite for no reason.

Oh, and the avionics capacity costs didn't change anything for my build.  I still lack enough capacity to slot anything different than I did before.

Edited by ArcusVeles

Posted (edited)
On 2020-04-30 at 5:00 PM, [DE]Bear said:

Greetings Tenno!

We have made a lot of changes to the way Railjack plays and feels, and we are looking to get your collected feedback.

In this mega-thread, we will be discussing RAILJACK BALANCE.

Just to remind you, we're now over 4 months from Empyrean launch and there is still no solo path to using a railjack, It was pretty nasty to ignore solo players for an entire update but 5+ months later and a timed even as well... still nothing.

You said you wanted to stop Railjack feeing like you were constantly putting out fires, well that's precisely what it still feels like for a solo player even now, the optimum strategy is still to ignore the Railjack, jam it into geometry and do the whole mission in Archwing, and it is now quicker to kill things in archwing, so.. thanks for that, I guess.

I get the desire to launch and suck it and see, and I'll defend you to the hilt for making sure you have data before making changes.

But ignoring solo players for this long... I mean how would you feel if your favourite game launched a new expansion and it had "NOT FOR YOU" slapped all over it?

Unfortunatly I care about MR so I'm grinding the most awful unintended solo gameplay, exploiting geometry and bad enemy pathing at every turn because I have no other alternative

It's not in any way fun.

Edited by SilentMobius
  • Like 1

Making things more rewarding is a awesome move. BUT making too many things easier translate to fast boredom. 

• Like 6

DE you messed up with armour for our railjack. I started veil mission with maxed out shield, health and armor that is now at 2.5k and a crewship bombarded me from 2800 shields and 6k hp to 0 in 3 seconds. I agree that 6k armour was an overkill as i felt like sitting in a tank of fish staring at weird people getting excited over us being inside and tapping the glass, but now the railjack feels like a submarine made of paper. add some armour to that, and i would suggest increasing number of small ships in each spawn, by 10-20 as i feel like i am getting "Swarmed" by max 8 enemies and then nothing for few minutes, which is annoying. Eventually ad few more nodes in veil with more small ships, i want some fun when i do these missions, not to wait for enemies to spawn 5 minutes....

4 hours ago, Shemarria said:

NOT a 1337 tryhard here so the damage reduction on the G'neer was welcome.  (and before you 'vets' start saying git-gud; I've been on deck when we still had endurance bars; so back the [cesnored] off.)
Was sick of getting one shotted regardless of my build / frames.

I agree completely. Time-wise I've been with WF for a few years, but am sorely behind in content and end-game builds, mainly because I'm a solo player for about 90% of the game and stuck with shoddy Pub matchmaking for the other 10%. **I'm in a clan but without a mic, playing with any of them is frustrating and slow for them when I have to type, because most of the things 'Requiring' a full squad also require a sense of urgency in most cases. Stopping in the middle of something to type when you have to share info will sometimes cause a mission to fail horribly.**

I realize that things are made certain ways for a reason. However (and Scarlet Spear event proves this), I've been stuck doing ground crews because I don't have an "End-game Cheese" build that a lot of the vets do, and ended up constantly being one-shot in a Space Crew.

That being said, even with the health and armor changes, a few of the other RJ changes (mainly hazard danger and timing) put soloing RJ exclusively into vet territory (no offense) for players that already have upgraded gear and RJ. Between the consistently worsening matchmaking, and the fact most Pub Squads never communicate, only the solo players that have stayed current to content throughout the game's evolution without fail (thus the "Get Gud" mentality) will succeed. Anyone that's taken a break from the BS here and there, has fallen behind and is hard pressed to catch-up without missing some of the new content...mainly the timed events. By the time anyone new, or even the ones behind, grind up builds that would do well for those events...the event's over and they miss out.

I'm not saying to push the 'Easy' button on everything. I would just like to see a few of the penalty timers set at a reasonable amount, and the distance change of enemy spawns coupled with the hazard dmg changes makes things almost impossible to juggle and survive for solo players with the bare-bones default RJ setup.

f.ex. I've failed the 1st available RJ mission after quest completion so many times, from stacking hazard damage, to needing to repel boarders constantly I just gave up on doing any RJ content. It left no time for me to work on the actual mission because I've always had to stop and turn back to repair the ship every cpl minutes.

And that was before these recent RJ changes.

Like I said...don't hit the Easy Button to 'dumb things down...just make them possible for solo, under-geared players to be able to farm and build up things.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NazT_DragN said:

a few of the other RJ changes (mainly hazard danger and timing) put soloing RJ exclusively into vet territory

Are... We playing the same game here? Did DE roll out some 50/50 litmus test patch that I'm unaware of that made the game a joke to some, yet super hard to others?

Before the patch I had a mid tier RJ. Nothing too special. No way I could do Gian Point (MAYBE with a super strong squad). I had some decent shields and I could kite my way around the mid-tier missions with some practice.

After the patch? I went into Gian Point solo, and it was a joke. Finished the entire mission in under 10 minutes. The boarders? I was in some levelling gear. I had a Rank 3 Zaw (Pre-gilded - Just "Zaw") with 3 mods - A Pressure Point, a Stance, and a Fury. And they were a joke. These are enemies that previously required max-rank, multi-Forma'd weapons to fight off, and I killed them with weapons that an MR3-5 player would have.

Had 2 friends that tested out the changes. They forgot to equip the mods AT ALL (The patch removed them, they simply forgot to re-equip them). I'm talking 2 people in a base 0-mod 1k HP Railjack. They had a gun, but otherwise the exact same Railjack that someone would have before their first every Earth mission. They breezed through a Veil mission like it was a joke. 

We are actually struggling to fail. With a hap-hazard group you can do the hardest missions in 5 minutes. And you know what this 5 minutes consists of? Killing all the fighters in under a minute, then spending the next 4 minutes waiting to board and blow up the crewships since it's not worth spending the energy shooting them anymore since the mission is too easy.

• Like 7

Posted (edited)

Here is my experience share from latest mega-patch and Veil proxima and maxed out Railjack:

1) Difficulty level - gone from challenging to too easy. DE, we need difficulty slider with rewards attached to it. So everyone could choose challenge they want. Currently ramming fighters in Veil proxima and insta-killing them plus sniping crew ships feeling like all way back to Earth Proxima. Please let us choose difficulty levels according to Railjack setups so everyone could have rewarding challenges they are looking for.

2) Some people are still using immortal Railjack with catastrophic failure and reasoning they do not need tanking modules at all. This need to be reviewed. Flying no-mod Railjack in Veil proxima is surely not a way by design..

3) Hidden chambers in Murex. When there was RNG rare loot there people was actually opening them. Nowadays it need something else to encourage people there. Like.. Umbra forma?

4) Derelict in anomaly. Still broken console to hack and no link and loot between it and Murex. Maybe add some link between for optional objectives and rewards?

5) Railjack missions in general. Can we also have raid missions with multiple Railjacks participating in skirmish on same map? Like in the trailer. It is New War after all... 😉

Cheers!

Edited by T-1000
  • Like 2

Went into Veil Proxima, realized I forgot to add my Avionics. Thought I'd try to win it anyway. Did so wayyyy too easily. Seriously if you can solo the hardest RJ missions with no avionics then why I invest so much time to upgrade something that is already powerful enough to do everything at the moment? There goes another challenge from Warframe in favor of the majority of low rank players who don't want to go through the grind of upgrading their Railjack just to be able to complete all the nodes. It's just too easy now. Press 3 with Seeker Volley and the game is pretty much in your hands. Even  boarding crewships aren't worth the trouble anymore.   

• Like 6

Note:  Solo player who uses a controller.

Overall, I'm enjoying the new space enemy balance as a foundation for further expansion.  Cannon fodder enemies feel like cannon fodder rather than an unrelenting tide of hull-breaches without me even having the absolute best gear.  I'm mostly using clan research weapons and I'm still able to hold my own in the early to mid level Veil nodes.  I will note that I'm still not really feeling threatened in any significant way by hull ruptures, fires, and electrical hazards.  I'm not sure if this is down to the game not clearly conveying what danger I'm in, or if the hazards genuinely aren't hazardous enough.

The boost and speed changes I'm mixed on.  On the one hand, I'm personally feeling a lot better about my base speed and mobility.  Before I felt like I always needed to be boosting just to get around, now I'm comfortable using basic movement when I'm just rooting around in asteroids for resources or reorienting to track a target.  On the other hand, the boost meter drain rate vs recharge rate feels pretty bad.  I'll note that I'm using clan research engines and no speed avionics aside from conic nozzle, but the boost recharge is very sluggish.  Also, it has a habit of not starting to recharge until I manually toggle boost off again.  Given that empty boost charge means I'm no longer boosting, I feel this would be an acceptable time for the game to override my toggle and turn it off automatically once I'm out of juice.  One positive thing I've noticed is that evading ram sleds feels a lot more practical now.  Before I'd only be able to kill one of a pair and get hit by the other, but I was actually able to maneuver quickly enough to evade and take out both once.

Ground enemies/boarding parties feel dramatically better and much more in line with what I'd expect for their stated level, albeit a little tankier than other Grineer, perhaps.  Still, I was able to use Mag to take out a missile battery in Saturn Proxima, something I definitely couldn't do before with my very-much-not-a-veteran arsenal.  I don't have to 100% rely upon using Valkyr's Hysteria invulnerability to stay alive anymore, and that's a big bonus from where I'm sitting.  They still hit pretty hard so I'm probably going to be forced back to tanky frames in the Veil when I get a mission that has a ground objective, but other options seem far more plausible now.  Further testing will be needed to find out for sure.

Posted (edited)

Could you please work on the Railjack speed boost it feels alot slower than it used to be, lower the cost of speed boost and maneuvers. right now the Railjack feels alot weaker than before In term of maneuvering around the map.

Edited by Shadow.Wanderer
  • Like 2

Space enemies are in such WEAK state, they make look like Seeker volley OP af. And dont get me started with the speed changes, for the love of god stop balancing content for casual players.

• Like 1

hace 3 horas, NazT_DragN dijo:

I agree completely. Time-wise I've been with WF for a few years, but am sorely behind in content and end-game builds, mainly because I'm a solo player for about 90% of the game and stuck with shoddy Pub matchmaking for the other 10%. **I'm in a clan but without a mic, playing with any of them is frustrating and slow for them when I have to type, because most of the things 'Requiring' a full squad also require a sense of urgency in most cases. Stopping in the middle of something to type when you have to share info will sometimes cause a mission to fail horribly.**

I realize that things are made certain ways for a reason. However (and Scarlet Spear event proves this), I've been stuck doing ground crews because I don't have an "End-game Cheese" build that a lot of the vets do, and ended up constantly being one-shot in a Space Crew.

That being said, even with the health and armor changes, a few of the other RJ changes (mainly hazard danger and timing) put soloing RJ exclusively into vet territory (no offense) for players that already have upgraded gear and RJ. Between the consistently worsening matchmaking, and the fact most Pub Squads never communicate, only the solo players that have stayed current to content throughout the game's evolution without fail (thus the "Get Gud" mentality) will succeed. Anyone that's taken a break from the BS here and there, has fallen behind and is hard pressed to catch-up without missing some of the new content...mainly the timed events. By the time anyone new, or even the ones behind, grind up builds that would do well for those events...the event's over and they miss out.

I'm not saying to push the 'Easy' button on everything. I would just like to see a few of the penalty timers set at a reasonable amount, and the distance change of enemy spawns coupled with the hazard dmg changes makes things almost impossible to juggle and survive for solo players with the bare-bones default RJ setup.

f.ex. I've failed the 1st available RJ mission after quest completion so many times, from stacking hazard damage, to needing to repel boarders constantly I just gave up on doing any RJ content. It left no time for me to work on the actual mission because I've always had to stop and turn back to repair the ship every cpl minutes.

And that was before these recent RJ changes.

Like I said...don't hit the Easy Button to 'dumb things down...just make them possible for solo, under-geared players to be able to farm and build up things.

hace 4 horas, SilentMobius dijo:

Just to remind you, we're now over 4 months from Empyrean launch and there is still no solo path to using a railjack, It was pretty nasty to ignore solo players for an entire update but 5+ months later and a timed even as well... still nothing.

You said you wanted to stop Railjack feeing like you were constantly putting out fires, well that's precisely what it still feels like for a solo player even now, the optimum strategy is still to ignore the Railjack, jam it into geometry and do the whole mission in Archwing, and it is now quicker to kill things in archwing, so.. thanks for that, I guess.

I get the desire to launch and suck it and see, and I'll defend you to the hilt for making sure you have data before making changes.

But ignoring solo players for this long... I mean how would you feel if your favourite game launched a new expansion and it had "NOT FOR YOU" slapped all over it?

Unfortunatly I care about MR so I'm grinding the most awful unintended solo gameplay, exploiting geometry and bad enemy pathing at every turn because I have no other alternative

It's not in any way fun.

Bruh, you're way out of point, now you can actually solo veil missions with an unmodded railjack, or use seeker to complete the mission in less than 5 min. if you actually cant solo now, then you're doing something really bad. Now railjack is trivial content like everything else....

• Like 4

We need a hud icon indicating that there are invaders inside the railjack. Preferably something small but noticeable, placed below the health of the Railjack. Sometimes we leave the ship behind in order to complete a ground mission, then it gets hit by a ramsled and we don't get any kind of warning since there's nobody home.

• Like 1

i've finished maxing all my intricsics last week as i had an affinity booster ! i like the boost to railjack speed alot makes it more fluid to play ! i like intricsics gain buff however reducing the level of enemies abording the rialjack i dont think that was neccessary cause most of time they won't do enough damage to scratch your ship ! sure they can put the bomb and alot of fire everywhere but thats it ! overall this is a good step ! next step for railjack please add other levels with more higher enemies with their propriate rewards so new players and veterans aswell will find their joy with railjack also looking forward to add more type of missions ! overall i'm pleased ty DE ❤️

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, fr4gb4ll said:

don't know about your ship or the avionic you used before, but me with a +100 avionic-cap still have 3 leftover cap when i use the exact same avionics as i done before... ok, i could put the tow last ranks into one of the battle avionics that before did not fit with max capacity but that is only a little more extra capacity in the end compared to what we had before - no way this now 'too simple'

From looking up the old wiki page for various mod capacity cost so far, I've found that mod like Conic nozzle, Polar coil and Ion burn are most effected by this change (all of which I have in my old build.)  Thing like zetki conic nozzle went from whopping 13 drain it was to a merely 8 drain in this new patch for the same benefit.

I'm going to assume you didn't use any kind of mod that was hugely effected by this but my point still stand as you can fit fully upgraded avionics(with best quality) on every single slot and still have some capacity to spare. As of it is now reactor capacity is became way less important than number of slots (which in hind sight might open up viability for other reactor like zetki or lavan.)

I like old avionics more since it gives you decision to make if you want the best avionic possible but with the trade off of it being way too inefficient capacity-wise. You can choose middle of the road vidar as a compromise or decided a small boost from good ol' Lavan is good enough. This new patch take those decision away.

Edited by Laggyman

Railjack - Tactic 10 Teleport is not working properly when I am not the host.

During railjack, when I host the mission, the tactical 10's teleport to go straight to the other players is working properly. However, when I am not the host, I cannot teleport on other players. Instead, my warframe teleports into space in a totally random place on the map with the archwing equipped more than 10,000 meters from the location of the player I intended to teleport to.

Posted (edited)

Let's be honest. There is a lot of great changes in here in general. Like Valence Fusion, fighter combat pacing, the way Munitions Vortex looks (IMO), the particle ram works great actually (was worried), the new simplified avionics are actually fine and I can just not upgrade them to max to get the same builds I did before. Better in some cases even. Good job!

My Railjack is way too slow now even with a dedicated build (speed > tanky)

BUT (and this is coming from a player who actually really went all in with Railjack (min/maxing, testing different stuff, builds, know what works, what doesn't work and why - and a player who not just grinded intrinsics and then left it), the biggest issue after the changes is the speed of my Railjack. It feels SOOO slow.

I have been rolling with the highest roll Vidar Engine forever now, and the double cruising speed does not translate at all to how it actually feels. It's crazy how slow it feels now. Especially with the boost being almost useless now (even with the highest tier Conic Nozzle and Ion burn). The drain is ridic to say the least. I don't understand. The speed did not give players an unfair advantage or anything like that. It was just a playstyle for some, who would then be more squishy in return. Just a player choice, and nothing else.

Part of the fun was being able to zoom around the map (with a dedicated build, that then made me way less tanky i.e speed over tankiness compromise), that is now not possible. Amongst other changes, this def shows that very few players actually put the time in Railjack to actually know how everything works. Which I get, as it was not what it was supposed to be. But the test cluster should def have picked up on stuff like this.

On-foot enemy scaling

This is another one where I really don't understand the community. Although I like not being one-shot now, I still feel that it was a fun challenge that these enemies where a lot tougher than normal ones. Actually kinda end-game in a game with no end game (and no, making stuff more expensive or more grindy is not end game). Nerfing them a bit would make sense as bullet sponges are just annoying. But bringing them more or less all the way down to normal enemies is a mistake imo.

Other than that

I found several bugs I will report under the right sections. These HAVE to have occured after tweaks done after the testing fase ended. Because makes no sense that the testers did not pick them up. And the initial hotfix did not fix them either. Well they weren't in the notes, but I will test it again shortly.

With that being said

If all this is really what the MAJORITY of my fellow Tenno wants to start to enjoy Railjack and really get into it like us few. Then I'm all for it.

But you should def be more picky as to testers to get a healthy mix of players who; never played it, players who maybe put time in to grind stuff but not really more than that, and then players who actually really got into it.

I watch and follow most of your partners, and even they def show that they never really got into it with some of the stuff they say and suggest - and that is not just my opinion. Often they are just wrong and other times they are not aware of how stuff really works or the potential if you play it like this, or that. And they have said it themselves that they never really got into it. Only people like Kategari (not a partner), seems to really have put in the time and effort (gain, other than just grinding through it). It really shows.

Keep up the hard work. I respect that no matter what! And please... If you say something, follow through on it or at least acknowledge when you don't. General advice 😉

Edited by XXELENT
Spelling etc.

im not happy with the speed changes. My vidar engines are maxed, and all of my speed and boost avionics are maxed. Bottom line..... archwings should not be faster than me to an objective!!!! You guys need to figure out what you want out of a railjack. Before the changes you could be slow and tanky, or fast AF.  Now you are just fast for 5 seconds.

its manageable during combat, but frustrating trying to travel.

Im not gonna talk about how railjack content is super repetitive, or trivialized post changes. Thats pretty much par for the course over the last 7 years.

But from the moment of login, ive maxed my engines, maxed my reactor, maxed my weapons, maxed my avionics.... and thats without running a single mission. Now ive discovered my ship is slower than archwings over long distance, AND you took umbral forma out of rare crate drops.

Seeing as how i maxed my intrinsics during scarlet spear, in one update you literally took away every remaining reason for me to play railjack.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Time-To-Kill on Railjack Enemies:

Too fast now, killing ships using railjack or archwing is like swatting flies. Some Viel missions are over in a few minutes. Great for farming but becomes a chore.

Overall Health and Damage of Enemies:

They die really quickly now so I'm going with less health? Feels like they do the same damage but they don’t live long enough now for it to be a problem.

Survivability of the Railjack:

Still a tank. BBQ Fires, little holes, electrical problems all seem trivial. They even keep shields down for that sweet 25% extra railjack damage from the Zetki passive.

Difficulty of Boarding Parties:

All dead in a few seconds now but I admit I have seen a couple of guys in public matches taking a while so maybe my perspective is off on this one.

Suggestions:

• Restore health and armor of enemy ships
  • Longer boost duration because the speed increase doesn’t feel genuine. My speed stats almost doubled but ship didn’t feel twice as fast.
  • Give boarders the hacking mechanic (floaty voms) similar to sentients. Great fun and a clever mechanic. Also make them around faster and plant more bombs

It’s fun for a while being godlike and just breezing through missions but for me the balance is leaning towards it being too easy now on all above points. I’m used to new content being initially difficult and then seeing it made easier and can understand the reasons why so no problem with that; however on this occasion I think the nerfing needs dialling back a bit.

Edited by DogsConkers
composition and suggestions
  • Like 2

Hello,

Spent a couple of missions trying out the changes so here's my feedback:

Difficulty:

Difficulty has overall gone down in my opinion ,

but i was already having a decently beefy railjack with good avionics and had acceptable skill (IMO) in piloting (the piloting feels off , but i will place that in the other feedback thread).

The enemies are not pushovers but are noticeably less difficult to kill (not a complaint just an observation).

Time to kill enemies:

Overall for me the balance seems acceptable from a kill time perspective.

Survivability of railjack:

No noticeable difference since before the update - as in i do not see any significant damage taken,

Have only had one breach in the entire time i am playing and it was patched quickly enough that i couldn't comment if it was significant.

Not sure if its due to the combination of maxed parts or just the effect of health and armor changes or the effect of avionics.

Overall health and damage of enemies:

Seems good as of now.

Can still get damage pretty fast if not paying attention , but paired with shield gating it works well enough.

Never used the AW in combat , so not sure how it fares in comparison.

SCREEN SHAKES, please remove them completely, or at least respect the options players set.

Time to kill stuff seems more intuitive now, 

Due to the screenshakes-related glitches gamemode is still unplayable.

Posted (edited)
On 2020-04-30 at 8:00 PM, [DE]Bear said:

In this mega-thread, we will be discussing RAILJACK BALANCE.

• Overall Health and Damage of Enemies
  • Survivability of the Railjack
  • Difficulty of Boarding Parties

Where do we discuss Battle Avionics power though?

Void Hole trivializes the gameplay. It removes the need to aim since it drags every fighter to the exact same spot, allowing you to destroy them all at once with a single Ordnance shot. Here's a tweak idea: instead of gathering everything at its center, Void Hole makes enemy fighters slowly float inside the bubble. It will still be useful but won't remove the need to aim and won't allow you to one-shot groups of enemies anymore.

Edited by Xaero

Posted (edited)

My god what have you done to the void hole... now if you don't kill the grouped enemies before the duration ends the enemies will be spread all around the space, and the attraction strength as you mentioned in the update notes seems really unnoticeable.

Nerfing boosting? Terrible, just terrible. It was a fun way to travel to some great distance using it, but seems like that is not an option for us anymore, so thanks for 'fixing' that. 👍

Seems like there is a stealth nerf on the loot also or maybe its a bug, getting zetki stuff in the veil is rare now and all i get is form up or ablative shell 😦

Killing the enemies easier now seems like a good change for lower lvl equipment players and i have no problem with that good for them, but what about the players who want some challenge? Why are you only looking for solutions for the newer players and you leave out the veterans or people who like challenge?
I know you are trying to keep the new players in the game but just think sometimes when you do these changes trying to accommodate the new players you are maybe pushing the old players away.

Personally for me these changes took away the already low interest in playing RJ. 

Edited by -KyloRen-
  • Like 3