Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Revisited (Part 1): Railjack Balance Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

I'm really happy to be able to use archguns and have them feel effective again, but uh... I think you guys swung too far in the other direction. With all of the other massive buffs archgun damage got (the supposed scale changes probably meaning they no longer have as much DR, and the switch to their ground stats undoing the unlisted 50% or higher damage nerfs you guys put in on railjack launch as well as the ground stats always having generally been way better) the halving of ship health+armor seems... really excessive. I decided to go see if my Imp Vandal could handle veil enemies okay now despite not having every slot filled, and it was murdering most fighters in like... a second or less. Might be a bit slower on the high-end veil nodes, but that still seems probably too good.

I have very little perspective on how railjack guns performed before, but I was under the impression MK3 guns were actually performing pretty reasonably against Veil enemies. I think my sigma mk3 apocs seemed to be killing fighters really easily now with just hyperstrike.

Amusingly, I think the quartering of survivability was probably more appropriate for Earth fighters than Veil ones; the high end gear did just fine against high end enemies, but the starting railjack just felt like unusable garbage against the starting enemies before.

The halving of footsoldier health however is... probably fair. There was certainly a decent selection of top tier gear that could handle them before, but with how massive the gulfs in player damage output are, it's not necessarily a good thing for that to be the target balance point.

Boost is drained too fast for how weak it is.

Void hole needs to work like corinth alt fire.

Reports of fiery phoenix being too weak and not taking energy colors were discussed in guild, I didnt test this.

Fusion screen needs to show 1/2 to let you know the bonus selection is not the final step, also I dont see where the dirac cost is shown.

The avoics linked dont show the full 3 pips value it will have in maxed slot.

New avionics drop chance is super junk.

16 hours ago, Person7557 said:

DE you messed up with armour for our railjack. I started veil mission with maxed out shield, health and armor that is now at 2.5k and a crewship bombarded me from 2800 shields and 6k hp to 0 in 3 seconds.

I don't believe you one bit. With only health and armor mods my Railjack was able to tank a single crewship seemingly indefinitely - even 2 at once were not a threat.

Thank you for the update DE and keep up the hard work 🙂

These are some good overall changes but it could do with some more tweaking and here are my thoughts:

Time-To-Kill on Railjack Enemies:

With maxed out offensive avionics, it is noticeably quicker to kill both space and ground enemies on Ruse War Field, perhaps a little too easy. - I don't think Veil Proxima should be as easy as Earth...

Archwing weapons feel strong again against fighters which is nice but melees aren't quite there yet.

Overall Health and Damage of Enemies:

Feels good overall, although you could buff the enemies HP a tad as long as they aren't bullet sponges like before. 

Survivability of the Railjack:

Before the update, things could get hectic pretty quickly and a RJ with maxed hull and armour could drop to 0 pretty fast.

Now it's pretty impossible to get the RJ to 0 HP due to only limiting to 1 hazard at a time and with so little going on at the same time compared to the 20+ hazards, plus fighters and crewships firing at the RJ along with 2 boarding parties onboard.  It went from 10 to 1 and ideally you should have met somewhere in the middle and kept different hazards happening at the same time but perhaps limit them to 3-4 max instead of just 1?

Difficulty of Boarding Parties:

They are pretty easy to kill now and don't seem to present a challenge, especially now as it is only limited to 1 at a time.  

Misc:

The whole point of this update is to make the RJ fun and I feel although the increase to the base speed is good, the nerf to the boost is too much.  Make the boost last at least 10 secs or if you decide to keep the drain, then at least let it recover just as fast.  It was really fun piloting the RJ before the patch and the boost was pretty much perfect.  Now because of the high boost drain and slow recovery, it just doesn't feel as snappy or as fun even when using a maxed out Vidar Mk3 engine along with both speed and boost avionics - please adjust to make it feel good again:)

Thanks

Based on Free Flight testing, as a rank 9 Pilot, I feel like rank 7 Enhanced Maneuvers needs a buff from 25% to 30%. The nerf to Boost and the confusing double dip nerf to Vector makes Piloting feel FAR worse than I believe you were intending. I understand that Boosting was the Go-To for Railjack but, I feel like you over nerfed it with absolutely no worthwhile compensation. The double to base speed needed to be in place from launch, not used as a reason to nerf an entire tree of Intrinsics. A buff to the rank 7 Enhanced Maneuvers intrinsic I feel would be a fair rebalance. Without that I find myself wanting my Intrinsics refunded (since I can't get my time back) or a new rank 10 Piloting Intrinsic. The rank 10 is clearly intended to set the playstyle for that specific tree and as it is, with these heavy handed nerfs, Piloting feels like there's absolutely no worthwhile reward.

I'm pretty new to Railjack, only started playing it a short while ago and I'm just starting into the Saturn missions, so I haven't experienced any of the higher-level content yet.  But I will offer my observations and thoughts anyway.

The first mission - the introduction for a complete Railjack newbie - feels like it's in a good place now.  With a bare Railjack using the starting equipment, it's doable solo with some basic effort and learning without leaning on the crutch of "hide the ship and do the spaceship mission with my kitted-out archwing".  (Learning from the patch notes that Crew ships can be almost entirely disabled by targeting their engines helped, I didn't know previously that ships had targetable components - but it wasn't necessary, I could have just boarded them in priority as I've been doing up till now)

That said, it seems that the difficulty doesn't ramp up very quickly.  I don't think I should be able to take that same bare ship into the first Saturn mission and solo it (again, without leaning on archwing at all - I had a rank 3 Elytron equipped, used no archwing abilities and never even fired my archwing gun at an enemy.  I learned new things about Railjack in the process, so it was a fun and tense experience, but still.)  In large part I think this doesn't come down to tweaking enemies & health so much as the repair mechanics:  There doesn't seem to be any repercussions for being constantly on the edge of catastrophic failure, so I can abuse the 60-second failure timer to stretch out my forge timers and always make sure I have enough Revolite, and the invulnerability grace period after a breach repair gives me enough time to slowly whittle down the opposition through missiles or gunfire before the next hull breach.  I haven't tried the hardest content yet, but I feel that you can't truly be overwhelmed as long as you have that trickle of progress to feed your forges and advance the objective.  Maybe some sort of reduced failure timer for failures in quick succession, something like the stacking interference debuff you get if you're killed in operator mode?  (To be honest I'm not really sure how that particular debuff works, because I try to spend as little time in operator mode as possible, but I refer to the concept of a short-duration, stacking debuff which is a penalty for "zerging it").

All that was really needed regarding balance (bases on my limited experience and IMHO) was to lower the entry bar on that first mission so that a player could make a start and begin gathering the new resources/mods/gear (again, without cheesing it by not even using your spaceship for the spaceship content as I had to do starting out last week), not make everything easier from beginning to end.  A more gradual ramping up past the first mission is nice, I won't deny it, but really only one "intro" mission to be able to progress your Railjack is truly needed. I don't *want* to solo the entirely of Railjack content, but I very much appreciate being able to dip my toe in and learn the ropes, gear up (however slowly) and explore at my own pace without the pressure of squadmates to rush through to the end of a mission .  I would be fine with finding a very steep hill to climb in terms of difficulty for truly co-operative content (that's not "boss fights" ... ugh I hate those, at least the way they're done with eidolons), as long as I can take that first step and learn the game systems at my own speed.  So while I think the first mission is in a good place now, I'm going to tentatively support those others here who feel the bulk of the content might have become too easy.

3 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

I don't believe you one bit. With only health and armor mods my Railjack was able to tank a single crewship seemingly indefinitely - even 2 at once were not a threat.

Hell, with a maxed Zetki Shield and shield regen mod, my Railjack can tank 3-4 veil crewships indefinitely due to shield gating. (1 second shield recharge delay, ~20% per second shield recharge, thanks Valence Transfers!)

1) The boarding party pods STILL seem to be able to keep up with you, no matter how fast you boost away form them, (often traveling 6,000-8,000 in a matter of seconds alongside your ship), as well as not taking any collision damage, whereas all other ships have to travel at their normal speeds to keep up with you and take damage when they crash into walls/asteroids etc. This should be addressed IMO as a breaching pods should not be able to bounce off walls etc indefinatly untill they hit you.

2) The in-ship map is still badly placed: unknown.png

From the Pilots seat, it is impossible to travel to the Forge without needing to make 2 fast-travel trips due to the map placing the forges waypoint behind the UI of other team mates' health bars etc. This map/layout needs to be raised so that as the pilot, you can see the entire map of your ship.

3) Forward Artillery still takes several shots to kill a single Crewship. If you add a maxxed "Forward Artillery" avionic this should, (IMO) allow players to 1shot a Crewship that has had its shields removed (yes, even in the Veil). This is the whole point of the Forward Artillery, but having it take so many shots to kill a single crewship defeats its purpose.

4) Shield gating is too overpowered for our ships. I am taking next to zero damage no matter what mission I do. All it requires is a semi-decent shield array with -delay on the recharge, the avionic "Anode Cell" and all you have to be able to do is not take dmage for around 1 second and you start to recover shields at an insane rate. (Persoannly I have 1.2sec delay for 19.9% shields/sec) meaning only when im surrounded by enemeis, and decide not to move, do they have any chance of killing me. Shield gating is a nice addition, but it is WAY to overpowered in railjack ATM

5) Persoanl gripe of mine, Can we please have an "auto-Forge" option alongside the "Forge all"  button, that automatically forges when we return to to dojo. I have hundereds of thousands of resources, yet I must manually reload my ammo every time I go to my Dojo . . . We dont do this with our normal guns after a mission so why make us do it for our Railjacks that literally have  a whole crew monitoring it for us in our Dojos 😕

48 minutes ago, Teitaka said:

3) Forward Artillery still takes several shots to kill a single Crewship. If you add a maxxed "Forward Artillery" avionic this should, (IMO) allow players to 1shot a Crewship that has had its shields removed (yes, even in the Veil). This is the whole point of the Forward Artillery, but having it take so many shots to kill a single crewship defeats its purpose.

4) Shield gating is too overpowered for our ships. I am taking next to zero damage no matter what mission I do. All it requires is a semi-decent shield array with -delay on the recharge, the avionic "Anode Cell" and all you have to be able to do is not take dmage for around 1 second and you start to recover shields at an insane rate. (Persoannly I have 1.2sec delay for 19.9% shields/sec) meaning only when im surrounded by enemeis, and decide not to move, do they have any chance of killing me. Shield gating is a nice addition, but it is WAY to overpowered in railjack ATM

Forward Artillery seems the same as it was previously patch to me: you can one shot without the avionic on all levels so long as you proc Chem and/or plasma on the crewship. IE: shoot the engines out and then one shot with the cannon.

Shield gating also didn't change, just how easy it was to get a maxxed Zetki shield. Using shield gating and avoiding damage for a few seconds to fully recharge was an amazing strategy before the rework, now it's just easier.

I'm just saying these are two aspects that haven't changed at all, and are one of the reasons making Railjacks even tankier and deadlier seem a little boggling. If you know and use the mechanics they already were.

14 hours ago, Laggyman said:

I'm going to assume you didn't use any kind of mod that was hugely effected by this

can't say anything about the other versions of the avionics, but i used only the ones that gives the best bonus... which usually meant (and still does) the ones that has the highes cost in capacity. with this in mind, i ended up with 'only' a few extra capacity (like i said, the extra was just enough to rank up one avionic  for the last two missing ranks) and stand again with 3 left-overs, like before ^^)

all in all, it's not much of a difference for me, but ofc, that always depends on what avionics one uses - just like you said.

The ratio of fighters to crewship is way too low, it feels like you're mostly fighting crewships, with fighters as a tiny distraction.

Fighters should be the main course here, they are the fun new part of the mode and they should either be much greater in number relative to crewships and/or you should be able to dispatch crewships faster (less crewships per mission, much faster meltdown, faster forward artillery animations, faster forward artillery charge speed and more forward artillery charges available by default), while fighters taking longer (more fighters per mission and/or higher resilience, for example: enough hp so cryophon takes 2 non-crit hits to kill them, instead of being complete pushover with any railjack/archwing weapon).

This is about the veil, since I don't play lower level missions, but I guess it's not much different there, too.

TTK :  Is in a very good place. My fully upgraded rj can easily tear into fighters and crewships and it feels justified per fighter. I'd suggest increasing the fighter count to 100+ since we run out of fighters to kill under 3 mins, instead of increasing TTK to add challenge. Seeker volley deals tremendous damage, making runs too easy. It should be tweaked to deal ~75% of the current damage. 

Overall health and damage : Fighters need a damage boost. I never feel threatened by a squadron of fighters. Only time my railjack is at risk is when I'm facetanking multiple crewships. Crewship damage is fine but fighters need a slight boost.

Survivability : It's in the perfect spot. Stock railjack doesn't feel like paper and the ttk helps keep it alive. Fully upgraded railjack is a proper tank.

Difficulty of Boarding parties : They are now on the same level as of base game, so it's perfect.

My Feedback on the new Rail-jack Revisited Part 1.

This update has breathed new life into Rail-jack, missions that once seemed like a huge waste of time, are now generously balance and an overall more fun game-play experience. I had all Rank 10 Intrinsics prior to the Scarlet Spear release. That event kind of just turned rail-jack into a taxi. Going back and playing the skirmish missions with Railjack, it feels more rewarding as a player to do those missions. The Valence transfer system feels my time and effort is acknowledged and I am able to progress my rail-jack experience within a realistic period of time. Rail-jack has so much potential, even in these early stages of release. Back in July 2018, we saw the gameplay that was provided with Corpus enemies, and it has so much room to grow since then. The team at DE who has been working on Rail-jack has created an experience, that maybe isn't for all warframe players, is still a decent alternative for players looking for something new using the Warframe theme of gameplay, outside of normal missions.

Tl;dr Overall GREAT CHANGES to RAILJACK. Looking forward to Future content.

I have one area of feedback I do not agree with, and that is the choice to increase boosting costs and lowering the amount of boost. This needs to be changed back or balanced even more in a way that allows pilots to enjoy their part of the gameplay, possibly adding maneuvers like the Banshee from Halo. I play the roll of pilot among most of the squads I play with, and when equiping the Avionics that focus on movement, it seems very very lackluster. I get not wanting players to "zoom through content" but restricting the movement system in such great lengths brings us back to the days when STAMINA was in the game, only to be removed with the Bullet jump systems. Players were trying to tell us something, DE Scott would say when reviewing "Coptering". I really didn't expect there to be another Stamina related system in this game after that, Infact, Wouldn't it be better to just apply the warping/blink technology to the railjack instead of drifting at this point.

Tl;dr STAMINA on RAILJACK is NOT FUN

What should be considered to happen next?

Railjack will need to consider being implemented in some way in most future medium-high teir difficult content or quest related content.

Implementing Squad link in missions to support rail-jack players, and provide a community wide integration with players and squads, allowing the MMORPG element to truly be put to the test instead of limiting squads to 4 players. This will create a bigger world outside of the generic 4 squad system, allowing players to realize there are other things going on out there besides the squad game-play. When Trials/Raids were removed in Febuary 2017, those 8 player missions were the peak of Warframe at the time, but with the change in how Warframe viewed their game, they decided to put this on hold for the time being (even though in 2019 on that white board raids were on the list and we heard nothing of it). Bringing back 8 player+ missions should be on the list, but not a priority to the development of the game. Only when Lag/FPS drops/Server side matchmaking is stable with higher quantities of players (especially with those Multishot/AoE Explosive weapons), should DE implement raids or 8 player+ Matchmaking/Missions. Doing this will breathe new life back into clans, who have been doing so hard to carry the community of this game in the background.

Tl;dr SQUAD LINK for missions, Quests, and future content. Looking forward to raids/trials returning, but don't rush it. Get it right the first time.

Thank you- Nickstarship

My Feedback - Part 2 (A newer players interpretation)

After my previous quick run, I decided to tackle Railjack from a more "New Player" approach.

Base Guns:

unknown.png

And a badly half-modded ship

unknown.png

With this half-modded setup, I did a Gian Point solo run - Something which should be near-impossible given the intentional lack of survivability and armaments.

The entire mission lasted 14 minutes - With me victorious.

The fighters posed absolutely no threat. A few shots from my Seeker Volley took them all out. I didn't even need to build more Flux, or shoot a single bullet from my MK0 Guns (Hyperflux didn't really help - I had plenty spare)

Most of the Crew Ships were shielded, which turned out to be a little harder than expected. After realizing that my guns were useless in taking out their shield generators, I attempted to fire a few regular missiles at them, although being MK0 Tycho Seekers that didn't really work. I eventually got out of my Railjack, and flew around to each Crew Ship shooting the shield generators manually, after finally finishing them off with a few well-placed Artillery shots (I shot the booster location, so the Forward Artillery avionic didn't actually come in use)

I did have a few Critical Hull Breaches seeing as how I was parked in the middle of 4 Crew Ships for awhile with 1,000 HP due to my removed Bulkhead Avionic (Which - Let's face it - Someone in Veil Missions should actually have seeing as how they drop everywhere now), but the lack of Revolite was never an issue.

So - DE? If you wanted to make Railjack missions easier - Congrats. You succeeded. Oh boy did you succeed. Even intentionally removing around 80% of the upgrades you should have by the Veil, skipping out on 3 Crew Members, and running a half-modded Frame (Did I mention I was using a 0-Forma Rank 20 Nidus that I was currently leveling?), I finished a Gian Point mission without much difficulty, or without taking much precaution.

And still some people say they are struggling with this, who are actually trying? How, I ask you - How.....

i believe that we are in dire need of a different color of border for ramsleds and splinters. it is often frequently difficult to find them in the sea of red regardless if cephalon cy tells you they are coming or not. they either need to flash like crazy or be a different color altogether. cant tell you how many times they have slammed into me because i have no idea where they are coming from.

this issue doesnt seem to fit in any of the posts of pacing, balance or tools but i guess this one works the best.

On 2020-05-02 at 1:38 AM, IINightGrimII said:

Bruh, you're way out of point, now you can actually solo veil missions with an unmodded railjack, or use seeker to complete the mission in less than 5 min. if you actually cant solo now, then you're doing something really bad. Now railjack is trivial content like everything else....

Yeah, right, unmodded railjack vs a couple of crew ships, good luck fighting, boarding, putting out fires/breaches while taking out shields and then shooting or boarding.

On 2020-05-02 at 1:38 AM, IINightGrimII said:

Now railjack is trivial content like everything else....

Oooh, you're one of those, cool beans thanks for pointing that out, welcome to my ignore list.

On 2020-04-30 at 9:00 AM, [DE]Bear said:

Greetings Tenno!

We have made a lot of changes to the way Railjack plays and feels, and we are looking to get your collected feedback.

In this mega-thread, we will be discussing RAILJACK BALANCE.

• Time-To-Kill on Railjack Enemies
  • Overall Health and Damage of Enemies
  • Survivability of the Railjack
  • Difficulty of Boarding Parties

If you have feedback to leave on the subject of balancing, then please do so in this thread. Please remember that you should keep your feedback constructive and civil. If you like an aspect of the Railjack changes, tell us what you like. If you do not like an aspect, then tell us why, and what you would change to make it better!

Please bear in mind this is not a place to leave bugs you discover while playing. If you do need to report a bug, please use the Railjack Revisited: Bug Report Megathread.

Thank you!

The lower TTK against fighters across the board feels pretty great thus far. There definitely feels like a significant class difference between the railjack and fighters in that respect, while fighting crewships feels like "I'm you but 100% better and 200% cooler."

However, enemy fighters do far to little damage to the railjack. One max-rank armor mod is sufficient for Veil Proxima provided the player does not park up in front of 2+ crew ships and let them pulverize you. A breach that drops your health to 250 will still leave you with more than enough EHP to handle incoming damage from non-crewship and non-platform sources. I'm planning on further testing this evening, but I suspect Veil Proxima will likely be manageable without EHP boosters at all.* Veil Proxima level combat currently feels like shooting enemies made of tissue paper who are armed with spitwad shooters.

In general, the railjack feels a little too agile vs fighters as well, imo. It's too easy to get into a tail-chase with most of them and simply dominate them for speed and agility until they're dead. This, to me, feels kinda weird for the difference in class between fighters and the railjack. I would expect the railjack to be fast enough and maneuverable enough to get on their tail for awhile, but not be able to stay there for an extended period of time. That feels like it should be the sole provenance of archwings.

There's been no noticeable difference in Boarding Party difficulty with these changes. Caveat, I usually play Banshee for railjack missions and that leads to a situation where I'm able to killed enemies so fast they don't get to recover from the stun from my 3, and they have mostly felt like butter since the armor scaling changes. I'll play with other Warframes, but I'm confident most of my gear at the moment eclipses the capabilities of enemy ground combatants.

[EDIT]

Veil Proxima level Railjack enemies are completely trivial. They do not deal enough damage to threaten a railjack at all, even sanz defensive mods. The only threat currently, and this was mostly the case before the changes, are the Crewships, and they're only dangerous if you're flat-footed. With the ability to take them out of the fight via engine sniping, and ship-killer platforms.

On the subject of platforms and balancing, Shipkiller platforms, Missile platforms, Galleons, and Asteroid Bases all pose little threat to a railjack. None of them project anything like enough influence over the battle sphere to be a local threat worth considering when piloting. The missiles launched by bases and galleons don't have anything like enough range to be scary, and across the board all of them don't have enough weapons range to actually threaten the areas they are in aside from when you're hugging them. For the platforms there needs to be either *many* more dotted throughout the area, or they need much longer weapon ranges. For galleons, their turrets can't even fire beyond their hulls and their guided missiles don't last long enough to reach a railjack that's idle near the boarding point, and ditto the asteroid bases.

On 2020-05-01 at 4:40 PM, Reelix said:

Are... We playing the same game here? Did DE roll out some 50/50 litmus test patch that I'm unaware of that made the game a joke to some, yet super hard to others?

Before the patch I had a mid tier RJ. Nothing too special. No way I could do Gian Point (MAYBE with a super strong squad). I had some decent shields and I could kite my way around the mid-tier missions with some practice.

After the patch? I went into Gian Point solo, and it was a joke. Finished the entire mission in under 10 minutes. The boarders? I was in some levelling gear. I had a Rank 3 Zaw (Pre-gilded - Just "Zaw") with 3 mods - A Pressure Point, a Stance, and a Fury. And they were a joke. These are enemies that previously required max-rank, multi-Forma'd weapons to fight off, and I killed them with weapons that an MR3-5 player would have.

Had 2 friends that tested out the changes. They forgot to equip the mods AT ALL (The patch removed them, they simply forgot to re-equip them). I'm talking 2 people in a base 0-mod 1k HP Railjack. They had a gun, but otherwise the exact same Railjack that someone would have before their first every Earth mission. They breezed through a Veil mission like it was a joke. 

We are actually struggling to fail. With a hap-hazard group you can do the hardest missions in 5 minutes. And you know what this 5 minutes consists of? Killing all the fighters in under a minute, then spending the next 4 minutes waiting to board and blow up the crewships since it's not worth spending the energy shooting them anymore since the mission is too easy.

Jesus that's one hell of an overtune to enemy nerfing.

I hope archwings get an abilities review pass soon. Some powers need adjustment or to just plain work.

Amesha's 2 is useless in RJ please return its functionality.

Make Elytron a crew ship killer or buff his kit overall. add the ability to remotely detonate explosives since that's the entire concept of the bomber anyway. (and make it able to hit thrusters.)

Boost currently feels way too short now.

Another issue although not related to balance is about aiming. When aiming at the pilot seat with aim down sights, we should stop the railjack from turning about. It is very difficult to aim when the ship moves at the same time when you are trying to lock on to a target.

Overall this Update is really nice, it feels as if Railjack has become a better base to expand upon and expanding it does need, so I'm super looking forward to Part 2. But I've got a few issues with the current state.

Enemy Fighters have become too easy to kill. This is fine, assuming the current Fighters are the equivalent of Butchers and Lancers, but under that assumption, we're in dire need of the equivalent Heavy Gunners, Bombards, Noxes, etc. In addition, based on how little threat Fighters pose and by how easy and fast it is to get rid of them, straight up doubling the number of active and total Fighters, would probably be an improvement to the overall pacing, because as it stands, you'll have wiped off all of the fighters before you've even killed off a couple of Crewships.

Hazards still seem to be insignificant and have become too rare. Honestly, I can't even notice what they do when they happen. They were pitched as infrequent but significant events. They feel totally insignificant, both in what they do and in their visuals.

The additional Points of Interest pose no danger to the Railjack, but even if they did, there's is no reason to engage with them while Fighters and Crewships are still around. Giving them their own Personal Fighters (reusing the Archwing Enemies maybe?) and significantly increasing both their Range and Damage, could help fix these issues.
But the biggest let down are the Galleons, that just sit there. They don't fly towards us, they don't scramble fighters, their pitiful rocket launchers are of no threat but even if they were we can easily destroy them. Galleons should be scary, not just there to be boarded, speedrun kill the Target and otherwise be ignored.

Honestly at Railjack's current state, it feels as if I'm playing with Cheats on. It's fun, but since I can kill everything super easy and nothing can really kill me, even less effort is needed than what Warframe generally asks for. In addition, by making everything so easy to take care of and by reducing the need to multitask with the reduction of Hazards, soloing Railjack is easier than ever and with the eventual addition of Commander, I can only see it getting easier. This has effectively removed my biggest praise of pre-revisit Railjack, it was one of the few modes that really promoted CoOp.

Speedrun things I like:
Valence Transfer has taken Liches' and Railjack's RNG from unbearable, to something to work towards. It's great, I love it, good job.
Less Avionics. I kinda miss the options, but it was overkill before. Much cleaner, less drop-table hassles, potentially opens up space for future ones. Nice.
The f e e l. It's really nice, Weapons feel strong, Abilities feel stronger. The Ship is fast, boosting is kinda useless, but drifting is still super fast and useful. Now please give us some Enemies that need more than a mean stare before they explode.
Drops and Vacuum feel spot on. Thanks.
Increased Intrinsics is nice, this must've fixe the new-player progression getting stuck at Saturn farming for Intrinsics, as well. Good change.

Again, overall I think that Railjack is at a better state, but now it completely lacks challenge. Some tweaks here and there, paired with Content not focused solely around killing X Enemies and with some new Heavy Class Fighter Types and the whole Mode might be in a great spot. Looking forward to what you have in store.

Some suggestions to further improve balancing:

1. Cut the numbers on Bulkhead and Hull Weave in half.
  2. Add 1 miniboss to each wave of fighters - something that poses a threat and requires at least a rocket/some focus fire to take down.
  3. Improve static defenses (shipkiller platforms, turrets) to be more threatening, since they are avoidable.
  4. Add occasional (increasing with level) Eximus units to boarding parties. Also place them strategically within structures.

Is Tether behavior intended? The VFX of the explosion caused by tether doesn't seem to match the actual distance of things being damaged to it, I see random asteroids/turret being destroyed despite the explosion VFX doesn't touch them at all, and then there's fighters that seems unharmed in the same instance of an explosion.

15 hours ago, Reelix said:

My Feedback - Part 2 (A newer players interpretation)

After my previous quick run, I decided to tackle Railjack from a more "New Player" approach.

Base Guns:

unknown.png

And a badly half-modded ship

unknown.png

With this half-modded setup, I did a Gian Point solo run - Something which should be near-impossible given the intentional lack of survivability and armaments.

Your "newbie ship" has 3.5x the armor amount of the starter ship, 2.2x the shields, a ridiculously fast shield recharge and a maxed out Seeker Volley.  Newbies can't afford more than 2-3 levels of upgrade on an avionic, don't necessarily even have stuff like a Seeker Volley at all, and don't have the required Intrinsics level to fire the Forward Artillery yet.  Try removing *all* your avionics (because you start with zero, that's a newbie ship).  

Maybe you'll come to the same conclusion again (see my post above), but the fact that your "badly modded" ship is far more powerful than what an actual newbie has access to makes your argument worthless due to a false premise.

Archived