Jump to content

Railjack Revisited (Part 1): Healing Abilities on Objects Feedback Megathread


Recommended Posts

On 2021-01-06 at 5:56 AM, lowgrav said:

today just did a mission on one of the really unpopular nodes and found that vazaran dash still worked pre nurf state there which surprised me

i thought DE changed the heal and removed the 5 seconds invunaribility but it still worked on the defence target at full effect so not completly dead???

but to be fair the node is really unpopular so super rare to get a random squad but shows pre nurf vaz dash is still lurking in the spagetti code

Bet that was the defense mission on Kuva Fortress.  Doesn't count.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 2021-01-08 at 8:11 PM, lowgrav said:

well i did say the node was really unpopular

Yeah.  Keep hoping they'll go back and fix this decision that I regard as boneheaded, but it seems like they're counting on everyone just moving on.

They might not remember.  But I still remember.  And I am still disappointed in DE for making this decision.

Scaling health on objectives 
Scaling enemy damage on objectives
Scaling enemy health & armor 
Scaling healing on players 
Scaling healing on mobile objectives (read: rescue target, sortie defense, etc) 
Scaling healing on stationary objectives 

One of these things is not like the others.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

well i figured out a way to block all non AOE damage from enimys on a defence objective (hijack target included) so i guess thats how we are supost to now play 

whats the catch you say? well you have to play in a boring almost game encouraging AFK playstyle .....nope its not limbo as this setup in imune to nullyfyers so add that to what they have done with object healing and i guess healing the target after what they have done is do able.......i guess

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2021 at 12:41 PM, Opyt said:

Scaling healing on stationary objectives 

Easy to solve. All enemies inflict fixed damage to stationary objects, regardless of the level.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, selig_fay said:

Easy to solve. All enemies inflict fixed damage to stationary objects, regardless of the level.

Or, even easier to solve: have the healing do percentage of maxhp instead of flat amounts that quickly get overshadowed by objective health scaling.  The big reason Protective Dash was a problem was the two-hit combination of 5 seconds of invulnerability WHILE healing for 60% of maxhp.  Instead of removing the invuln, and just scaling down the percentage, they (and I've said this for just under a year at this point) completely neutered objective healing to force people to play the game as dps go brrrt.  Before the healing changes you had 3 options.  With those awful changes they vastly reduced player choice.

 The trouble with flat amounts of healing, is even if the objective takes a fixed amount of damage from each enemy, if the number of enemies is higher than the healing output, you still have the same problem.  Though unlikely to happen, given the cap on enemy numbers.

But I hear they're busy trying to figure out how to turn Railjacks into forma consuming monstrosities which is far more important than fixing a part of the gameplay loop that feels atrocious.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Opyt said:

Or, even easier to solve: have the healing do percentage of maxhp instead of flat amounts that quickly get overshadowed by objective health scaling.  The big reason Protective Dash was a problem was the two-hit combination of 5 seconds of invulnerability WHILE healing for 60% of maxhp.  Instead of removing the invuln, and just scaling down the percentage, they (and I've said this for just under a year at this point) completely neutered objective healing to force people to play the game as dps go brrrt.  Before the healing changes you had 3 options.  With those awful changes they vastly reduced player choice.

 The trouble with flat amounts of healing, is even if the objective takes a fixed amount of damage from each enemy, if the number of enemies is higher than the healing output, you still have the same problem.  Though unlikely to happen, given the cap on enemy numbers.

But I hear they're busy trying to figure out how to turn Railjacks into forma consuming monstrosities which is far more important than fixing a part of the gameplay loop that feels atrocious.

My way is better, since you cannot heal what the oneshotes receive. Plus, flat numbers are always easier to control. I would remove all percentage healing from the game altogether and do damage rework on enemies, because healing doesn't matter when you actually have no ehp to counter the damage.

Flat or % dosent matter if it not working or not give gameplay change anyway

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-03-11 at 4:19 AM, selig_fay said:

My way is better, since you cannot heal what the oneshotes receive. Plus, flat numbers are always easier to control. I would remove all percentage healing from the game altogether and do damage rework on enemies, because healing doesn't matter when you actually have no ehp to counter the damage.

Flat or % dosent matter if it not working or not give gameplay change anyway

They may be easier to "control", but at 500 total they're not worth the time spent coding the nerf, I maintain that % is just as easy to control, as you know what the value will be when you heal a target with 65000hp at 1%/s (Spoiler: it's 1% of 65k, which is 650) and the only time it gets majorly out of hand is when DE puts more 0s on the end.

 

I seriously doubt anything will be done about it.  I just wanted to pop in to say "Maybe one day you'll pull your head out of your ass long enough to see how atrocious this design decision was.", which at this point I know they won't do.  As they've been ignoring the feedback, which is apparent from a complete dearth of acknowledgement from DE one way or the other (which would have shut me up, and settled the matter once and for all) for just under a year and they clearly have no desire to change it.  All because someone was likely having far too much fun "being off meta", and choosing healing instead of raw DPS.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...