Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Revisited (Part 1): Healing Abilities on Objects Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

21 minutes ago, HolySeraphin said:

The only nerfs regarding warframes were Gara's s splinter storm (her 2) and Harrow's Warding Thurible, while allowing Nenzha and Trinity to give 50% damage reduction, (the others received it as well, but they aren't as reliable). So there's still at least the same level of diversity (unless you're playing for very long periods of time, which is not the intent nor healthy).

And why would I bring a  Warframe with no CC or AoE to a lvl 5 lich defense mission? No Warframe needs to exceed in every mission type. Trinity is great in defection but the worst at killing quickly, therefore bad at survival. You pick certain Warframes for certain tasks, or are you the type to use Ember on sortie spy and Hildryn for infested missions? Also, with how the game is right now isn't it a good thing that CC warframes at least have some purpose on defense/excavation missions? And even that is limited to high level missions. 

Trinity is not great at Defection. Oberon is a much more solid pick due to being able to just Renew when necessary and his Hallowed ground offers significant crowd control for infested.

I don't think anyone is arguing against CC to be good. I think people are upset that now a support role has been squelched for no reason other than a timed event. Healing shouldn't be this controversial or require this much brain power to make it balanced, but apparently it does due to how the game functions.

Prior, trinity gave a massive heal, so stating that Trinity was not nerfed is negligent on your part. Her healing was massively reduced, which if we follow your logic of frames fulfilling niche use-cases, hers just got butchered.

Again. For the millionth time. I think Digital Extremes just want Trinity to not exist anymore.

It is like you said: you bring a frame for the right purpose. What's Trinity's purpose now? She can't clutch-save an objective, she is literally only good for... Well nothing now, due to Zenurik existing.

I do not know what feedback you are expecting, since the lack of changes mean that you already have a month and twenty two pages of feedback almost unanimously telling you what is thought of this. With this "Feedback" thread of something which changes multiple mission types and playstyles being ferreted into this subforum of all places, I can only assume that the ideal feedback is one you do not have to look at, at which point I believe it is okay for me to get a bit more... creative with mine.

When I first did the mission to unlock Operator schools, I was only given a sentence or two of vagueness which could have really meant anything for each option. As it was a choice essentially sprung on me with no elaboration, I chose blindly, picking the one which it said was about outsmarting opponents. It turned out that school was actually about melee weapons, since the school had been overhauled since the mission was made and it's already vague description was not updated to reflect the new intent. As far as I know, all of that is still as it was when I went through it.

Stuck with a school I had no use or want for, I consulted wikis to figure out what I actually would like. Even with the wikis trying to be plain as possible, it was still arcane and puzzling to make heads or tails out of what did what due to misleading and vague descriptions of almost every power. But, eventually, I settled on Vazarin. I am the type of player who gets the most fun going back and helping others; In Dark Souls games, I'm the guy who after beating an area refuses to progress until I go at least 30 minutes without anyone calling on my Sunbro sign. I miss those randomly generated alerts because the rewards were terrible; It was a guaranteed way to find a group of newbies to help along, since they were the only ones running those 500 Scrap missions. I am the one who brings Frost to an Excavation, the one who spends 90% of a Sortie defense standing next to the Operative as Hildryn with my 3 up, and always, always the one who brings Vazarin.

But since I wasn't told clearly enough that Vazarin was what I wanted, I had to grind to unlock it. Eventually. First I had to grind Planes standing and Quill standing to darn near max get an amp which could do more than tickle a Hydrolist's armpits. Then I had to grind out enough points to unlock Vazarin... on the first level Hydrolist only. I knew I was only going to handicap tricappers, so I went the slow way instead of burdening others. After that I sunk literal millions of points and months of my like into opening up Vazarin, then more months and millions to unlock the other schools specifically to add their waybounds onto Vazarin. Like, do you remember how excruciatingly grindy Operator schools are? Even with ESO now, it's a slog at best. And I didn't have that back then. Just Harry, every couple hours or so.

But, eventually, I did get Vazarin up and running! Now I could help everyone! I loved Arbitrations and Sorties, because no matter what I brought I was the team mom. I could jump into a team of disorganized newbies and ensure they had enough crumple zone to get by even with their mishaps and shenanigans. I could hold the line without falling asleep as Limbo or Frost, all but necessary when pubbing something so high level and expected to go on for at least an hour by your design.

And now, spurred on by botching an event sold on the promises of promoting teamwork and reducing grind, My teamwork capability is shot alongside at least a year and several million points of grind to achieve it in the first place. What for? For what purpose? It wasn't even "Meta" in the first place.

The utter lack of heeding any feedback while acting as if one is gives me flashbacks to the dark days when I played Overwatch of all things, and if there is one thing I do not need more of in my life it is that. Uninstalled, not looking back, goodbye.

Wow did DE not read what reply in this thread? 

It seem like it. They still release the update. Without any change of the original thread. Even though many reply here suggesting to not go full nerf. Its like"...haha whatever u say guys. I dont need your suggestion lol"

44 minutes ago, Sickerton said:

several million points of grind to achieve it in the first place. What for? For what purpose? It wasn't even "Meta" in the first place.

The utter lack of heeding any feedback while acting as if one is gives me flashbacks to the dark days when I played Overwatch of all things, and if there is one thing I do not need more of in my life it is that. Uninstalled, not looking back, goodbye.

It takes at least a month to get the school maxed (excluding pool energy increase) even if you reach the focus cap every day in ESO.

And the most useful ability of the focus school gets cut down to 500 HP over 5 seconds.

Vazarin would have been my favorite, but unfortunately Zenurik had more utility, except in high level Defense / high level Mobile Defense / Excavation / Thermia Fractures.

Now Vazarin is useless everywhere. Frost and Limbo lives on. I thought the whole idea of Focus schools was to increase versatility in what kind of frames you can use in given types of missions, but apparently not.

On 2020-04-30 at 11:20 AM, [DE]Bear said:

Greetings Tenno!

We have made a lot of changes to the way Healing Abilities affect objects, and we are looking to get your collected feedback.

You can find a list of Powers and how they affect Objects (such as the Defense Target), over on the Warframe Revised: Railjack Revisited (Part 1) Update thread.

If you have feedback to leave on the subject of Healing Abilities affecting Objects, then please do so in this thread. Please remember that you should keep your feedback constructive and civil. If you like an aspect of the Railjack changes, tell us what you like. If you do not like an aspect, then tell us why, and what you would change to make it better!

Please bear in mind this is not a place to leave bugs you discover while playing. If you do need to report a bug, please use the Railjack Revisited: Bug Report Megathread.

Thank you!

Since we lost(?) the dislike option...

"I do not like this"

5 hours ago, Sennera said:

I've been Vazarin ever since the Lotus bestowed it upon me back when we all first woke up from our dreams. Back then, our only claim to barely-meta fame was the ability to heal defense objectives which iirc was removed temporarily after War Within, then given back at some point.

Vazarin has instant revives now, but everyone just presses X these days so I only ever get to revive pets (because they're stupid squishy STILL) and the healing ability doesn't really help for other players considering everyone has self-heals now. I don't even use it on myself outside of The Index. Once again the only claim to barely-meta fame for Vazarin was our ability to go "oh ****" when the Arbitration defense target follows a dumbass out into the middle of a huge group of enemies, hell our instant revives are USELESS IN ARBITRATION so we don't even have that. A short Vazarin invuln window is the only thing preventing instant failure at that point. Or as a more practical example, during Eidolon hunting I could off-heal to keep the Eidolon lures alive or invuln them because SOMEONE KEEPS HANGING BACK OUTSIDE THE ORANGE DOOOME!!!!

Now we're just-as-good-as all the other healers apparently, why don't you just rename Vazarin to Veterinarian because all we're good for is instant reviving cats and dogs now it seems.

That joke's out of the way now, so let me be serious here: Vazarin WAS too powerful with a 5 second invuln, BUT you nerfed us so hard in our only truly practical way of helping the endgame scene we're a joke of a focus school now. Instead of nerfing us to be "just okay enough to match everyone else" here, you should've left us with that "Tenno focus powers are actually super strong" feel. Shorten the invuln duration to 2 seconds, make it a percentage heal, or put it on a CD either partially or fully. Just do something so I don't feel like I have to change to Zenurik to be viable.

This person from the warframe-revised-railjack-revisited-part-1 summed it up pretty much completely

Vazarin -> Veterinarian only now.

2 hours ago, Flying_Scorpion said:

Guys just try it out. I went 2 hours defense up to level 130+ enemies with oberon healing objective (50 hp/s) and it was fine.

You use proc radiation as CC and damage to protect. In this case, healing does nothing. This is exactly what people here are saying. And that's what your video shows at the end. You literally lost half of the object in 1 minute.

Oh, and when we defended the oplinks, the enemies were level 165. They could actually destroy oplink in a matter of moments. Another point, why not orokin mission, where the damage of mobs is increased by 3 times?

2 hours ago, Flying_Scorpion said:

Guys just try it out. I went 2 hours defense up to level 130+ enemies with oberon healing objective (50 hp/s) and it was fine.

Still requires hard CC, so NOT fine for Vazarin users with non CC frames.

Let me add my 2 cents here (hi I'm the veterinarian, thank you for quoting me into this topic 🙂)

Zenurik is pretty much viable in every mission possible with multiple useful abilities, Vazarin has become more situational over time as power creep gradually brought new ways to heal our warframes and people just habitually started holding X when they died without any thought of "maybe I can get an instant revive".

Now apparently being able to do uber-support as the Vazarin school is supposed to do is actually too strong or something. Two of our unlockable abilities are so bad they're downright NERFS for the basic "operator mode" powers and unlocking them is a mistake (it's a trap!) because apparently those support abilities would be too stronk if they were actually viable, and the last viable support ability for endgame (our strong heals and temporary invuln on defense objectives) was apparently too stronk and had to be weakened until it is now not-viable like our other abilties.

Vazarin can't fulfill the emergency support role in endgame content anymore.

Edit: Oh and something that just came to mind, how about we just buff the instant revives so that everyone in the squad gets 1 Vazarin-powered free self-revive or something like that? Could leave the manual revives intact, or drop it down from 4 to 2. This way when someone goes down they'd know instantly that a Vazarin is in the group and that they can mooch another free instant revive for their next down.

11 minutes ago, Sennera said:

This is still viable for me, but if coming is another nerf where players and pets/specters get 50% DR instead of invulnerability, I think this school will really be dead. 

3 hours ago, Flying_Scorpion said:

Do a lich 5 mission with vazarin instead of passive heal before shaming people on your video. When the lich spawns let it spawn the new 10 thralls. Then try the same but with a group of randos.

Appologies for another post so soon after my first, but as I was putting something to eat into my microwave I realized that my 2 cents are just that and I have a better angle to explain the issue I have with this change to Vazarin in particular: Let me start this time by viewing this change the way that DE has intended it.

DE is trying to standardize the effects that healing/defensive abilities have on defense objectives. This is good because it means every player with a Warframe that has a little health/shield support can go into a mission and know that yes, their abilities will work on the NPCs and defense objectives and etc. However there is one general problem with this in that flat values do not scale. DE has learned this years ago, back when Warframe powers had flat values and no scaling whatsoever. This standardization either assumes that the healing effects should be ineffective at higher levels, or this is a huge glaring oversight.

Now onto the Vazarin problem.. this standardization also assumes that basically every healing source should be just as strong as the next. The Tenno focus schools are supposed to be strong, somewhat more exlcusive than warframes, and take a lot more work to really bring out their powers... So why is the Vazarin heal just as good as the heal off a MR5 Trinity?

And thus I argue there are two major flaws with the healing on defense objects change:

1. There is no scaling. We learned years ago that abilities had to scale to be viable into endgame.
  2. Some things should inherently be more powerful than others. Vazarin makes a prime example because Tenno powers are supposed to be uber-powerful, but now we're just as strong in this case as a noob in a healing frame.

The second one is actually something that DE Steve believes in iirc, "Some things should inherently be more powerful than others" is a belief that already goes into weaponry. So neither of the two above concepts are anything new, they've just been ignored for this healing change.

4 hours ago, Sickerton said:

I do not know what feedback you are expecting, since the lack of changes mean that you already have a month and twenty two pages of feedback almost unanimously telling you what is thought of this. With this "Feedback" thread of something which changes multiple mission types and playstyles being ferreted into this subforum of all places, I can only assume that the ideal feedback is one you do not have to look at, at which point I believe it is okay for me to get a bit more... creative with mine.

When I first did the mission to unlock Operator schools, I was only given a sentence or two of vagueness which could have really meant anything for each option. As it was a choice essentially sprung on me with no elaboration, I chose blindly, picking the one which it said was about outsmarting opponents. It turned out that school was actually about melee weapons, since the school had been overhauled since the mission was made and it's already vague description was not updated to reflect the new intent. As far as I know, all of that is still as it was when I went through it.

Stuck with a school I had no use or want for, I consulted wikis to figure out what I actually would like. Even with the wikis trying to be plain as possible, it was still arcane and puzzling to make heads or tails out of what did what due to misleading and vague descriptions of almost every power. But, eventually, I settled on Vazarin. I am the type of player who gets the most fun going back and helping others; In Dark Souls games, I'm the guy who after beating an area refuses to progress until I go at least 30 minutes without anyone calling on my Sunbro sign. I miss those randomly generated alerts because the rewards were terrible; It was a guaranteed way to find a group of newbies to help along, since they were the only ones running those 500 Scrap missions. I am the After that I sunk literal millions of points and months of my like into opening up Vazarin, then more months and millions to unlock the other schools specifically to add their waybounds onto Vazarin. Like, do you remember how excruciatingly grindy Operator schools are? Even with ESO now, it's a slog at best. And I didn't have that back then. Just Harry, every couple hours or so.

But, eventually, I did get Vazarin up and running! Now I could help everyone! I loved Arbitrations and Sorties, because no matter what I brought I was the team mom. I could jump into a team of disorganized newbies and ensure they had enough crumple zone to get by even with their mishaps and shenanigans. I could hold the line without falling asleep as Limbo or Frost, all but necessary when pubbing something so high level and expected to go on for at least an hour by your design.

And now, spurred on by botching an event sold on the promises of promoting teamwork and reducing grind, My teamwork capability is shot alongside at least a year and several million points of grind to achieve it in the first place. What for? For what purpose? It wasn't even "Meta" in the first place.

I did the same but I fall in love with the pperstor gameplay first (with unairu) and vazarin was the holy gift for my gameplay. We can still help people, but we can't save the mission anymore with any frame. For me at least, was more important heal people rather than defense objectives, I'm just glad and thankful they left it untouched.

Vazarin Nodes

1. Mending Soul - Insta revives AKA Who cares, we have void mode to revive. Lets revive all the pets instantly anyway because people just revive themselves.
  2. Guardian Shield - Exists I guess?
  3. Protective Dash - Heals for 500hp over 5.

All for the low price of hundreds of hours.

Lets break this down further.

• Basic warframe abilities are stronger than hundreds of hours
  • Host migration on defensive objectives, especially arbitrations now read, mission failure, because host migrations ends with not only the objective taking tons of damage, but somehow all the energy drain eximus on top of players so no one can reapply defenses.
  • The player's choice of warframes is now drastically reduced.
  • Just hazarding a guess, but I reckon solo players or people with net difficulty are gonna feel a huge sting from this.
  • One of the most frustrating things in warframe is trying to Dash to heal an ally player, because no one stands still and there are many ways to otherwise heal. Arcanes, restores etc that are universal. Neither halves of protective dash are useful now.
  • Shield gating was recently implemented because it is well known that warframes can get one-shot. A player's warframe has more than 500 combined health and shields. And that's from a singular unit. One unit, hitting the objective once, does more damage than an ability requiring tons of focus.
  • Of all the things a player can do in warframe, you want to nerf the thing which allows people to be supportive. I don't mean the role of support, I mean kindness itself. We aren't nuke-festing, Vazarin are trying to help. We don't want to hold down 4, we want to let people relax a little. Hell, most people don't even notice when an objective is being healed. We aren't flashy, we aren't wiping out hoards. If anything, we are slowing down the game, making rounds longer because we are one less Zenurik player. We are not skipping content at the press of a 4.

Although I have maxed out the focus schools so this will not impact me, everyone deserves the ability to REFUND all focus points put into Vazarin because the primary function of Vazarin has been removed.

57 minutes ago, Sennera said:

Let me add my 2 cents here (hi I'm the veterinarian, thank you for quoting me into this topic 🙂)

Zenurik is pretty much viable in every mission possible with multiple useful abilities, Vazarin has become more situational over time as power creep gradually brought new ways to heal our warframes and people just habitually started holding X when they died without any thought of "maybe I can get an instant revive".

Now apparently being able to do uber-support as the Vazarin school is supposed to do is actually too strong or something. Two of our unlockable abilities are so bad they're downright NERFS for the basic "operator mode" powers and unlocking them is a mistake (it's a trap!) because apparently those support abilities would be too stronk if they were actually viable, and the last viable support ability for endgame (our strong heals and temporary invuln on defense objectives) was apparently too stronk and had to be weakened until it is now not-viable like our other abilties.

Edit: Oh and something that just came to mind, how about we just buff the instant revives so that everyone in the squad gets 1 Vazarin-powered free self-revive or something like that? Could leave the manual revives intact, or drop it down from 4 to 2. This way when someone goes down they'd know instantly that a Vazarin is in the group and that they can mooch another free instant revive for their next down.

^^

You guys have convinced me to change my mind. A % heal in combination with a flat value heal would make sense. Plus it doesn't make sense for Trinity to spend 100 energy to get the same amount of healing as someone spamming heavy attack or vazarin dash. Someone above said that we lost half the defense health in 1 minute but it's worth pointing out that we had gone for an 1 hour 40 minutes up till then and I had my healing turned off. So it's not *that* bad. But it could be better, so yeah I agree with you guys that a small % plus a flat value might be the best way to go about this. 

1 minute ago, Flying_Scorpion said:

Someone above said that we lost half the defense health in 1 minute but it's worth pointing out that we had gone for an 1 hour 40 minutes up till then 

Yeah but it was a normal run of the mill fissure defense.

Here's me tryna use just Vazarin in a lvl 3 Lich mission wich is limited to 5 waves

Spoiler

unknown.png?width=1222&height=684

If i didnt have Magus Anomaly it would be failed. More squadmates mean more enemies. Healing doesnt stack either and dr is capped at 50% so good luck. What this patch is telling me is that for this type of mission you either get Limbo or max efficiency Oberon to spam heal. Severly limiting loadout choices compared to before.

Invlulnerability and over half of health healed in seconds was not ok. But what we have now is not ok either.

So I was doing a Mobile Defense Sortie with Vazarin and I could Immediately Tell something was Different... LoL.... 

I guess its time to go over those Patch Notes and see what my new Options are.... Not sure what I'l be using Vazarin For now, Could probably still use it on my Harrow... We'll See....

13 hours ago, n.ull. said:

Well the main reason for the fact that i dont like it is that it forces me and basically everbody else to use mainly the top 3 defense frame of which limbo is the king for obvious reasons or just nuke frames for wgich saryn is the king for obvious reasons. Which is boring i really dont want to fall back to times where we need to play specific frames all the time (which of course doesnt mean you can have frames that are better at certain missions then others but if they become basicaly mandatory i think it is bad). So for example i like to play nezha which now got a nice way to reduce damage to teh cryopod by 50% which i probably have to recats every 30-40 seconds if all is good (which isnt really that fun tbh) lets say my defense target has 40k health, thats pretty standard in high level missions that start to be a bit on the more challenging side, a single Grineer on that level probably has a Dps of around 100 to your avarage frame/Defense Target which means with only two enemies shooting at it and my 50% damage reduction they do just as much damage as my protective dash would do, the problem is though that there are probably around 6-10 enemies shooting at it at a time with your average killing to spawning ratio for a frame that mostly kills with it's weapons, so even if i had perfect timing and all with my protective dashes i could not expect it to do anything really at which point i would be better of with just not using it at all with is the crux of the issue, there really is no reason to use it anymore, its kinda fine with frames though even there are many better ways to heal yourself now. So in the end this just made it so you have less options to play with the average Saryn nuke zenurik kuva bramma user is just fine and can play on while the rest of us that wanted to use more off meta stuff is forced to use the stronger more boring stuff now.

Btw some of the best moments i had playing warframe, moments were i felt that stuff like you know skill and reaction time were the stuff that saved me and not my bigger numbers where clutch uses of vazarin on either a defense target or myself or another player, which i doubt i will experience anytime soon again 

1. People were already doing that, and mostly with the latter. The ability to blow up an entire map while also not even worrying about the defense objective heavily skewed what frames would be used.

2. You just addressed your own point. This is one or two mission types. Damage reduction has been massively expanded to include other frames like Trinity, Nezha, etc. Effect on players wasn't changed.

3. You're literally admitting that this was being used as a crutch to avoid playing frames that are actually made for stationary defense when you could be playing something like survival if you don't care for that. There is absolutely reason to use it for healing on teammates (which I think could be expanded slightly to be less annoying to do successfully because everybody flies around at high speed all the time), and not just cheesing a defense objective.

1 hour ago, Flying_Scorpion said:

You guys have convinced me to change my mind. A % heal in combination with a flat value heal would make sense. Plus it doesn't make sense for Trinity to spend 100 energy to get the same amount of healing as someone spamming heavy attack or vazarin dash. Someone above said that we lost half the defense health in 1 minute but it's worth pointing out that we had gone for an 1 hour 40 minutes up till then and I had my healing turned off. So it's not *that* bad. But it could be better, so yeah I agree with you guys that a small % plus a flat value might be the best way to go about this. 

The issue is that % healing ends up scaling ridiculously as well, and with all the new ways we have to prevent damage besides just limbo/frost/etc, there is going to need to be a very strict cap on potential % health per second if you do that, or else it just nullifies the whole point of nerfing a blatantly overpowered use for an ability that was obviously intended to be used to the primary benefit of warframes and operators.

21 minutes ago, Leuca said:

The issue is that % healing ends up scaling ridiculously as well,

Good thing that so does enemy damage too. Even with Vazarin is hard to keep up in arbie defense, and operatives can still be 1-2 shot.

50 minutes ago, Leuca said:

The issue is that % healing ends up scaling ridiculously as well, and with all the new ways we have to prevent damage besides just limbo/frost/etc, there is going to need to be a very strict cap on potential % health per second if you do that, or else it just nullifies the whole point of nerfing a blatantly overpowered use for an ability that was obviously intended to be used to the primary benefit of warframes and operators.

This is a really good point. If you multiply % damage resistance with % hp regen/second, you wind up with a logarithmic curve. Hp regenerated/second can go through the roof when these two are combined together. (Just like  Crit Chance and Crit Damage). It creates a balance problem, where anything that moves the needle in one direction or the other can cause huge changes in power level (What are the top 2 modifiers on almost every riven?) -we're experiencing it right now, as hp regen/second has been set to a flat value. I think on the one hand, we have lost a huge source of power, but on the other hand - did we really need it? I posted the 2 hour defense mission where enemies were level 130+  and I even played sloppy by forgetting to keep the heal on, by straying from the objective, by basically standing there letting them shoot at it, by not blowing up the grenade that landed next to it...I think you can see where I'm getting at. I even said in the video, my gameplay was not tight.

I'd like to raise the argument, is %total hp regeneration/second necessary? Is it necessary for Vazarin to be good? Because the way I see, this can actually help other areas of Vazarin to shine. You know it's got a frost globe built right into it right? It also has an awesome frontal facing shield built into it. Nobody uses those powers, probably because they never even needed to, since Vazarin Void Dash dominated the healing meta. You take away the dominant healing meta, you wind up with a new meta. Maybe we should give it some time guys, and actually try it out. I'm sure there are other ways to do defense missions...I have a suspicion that there's probably even MORE ways to defense missions now.

Archived