Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Revised: Railjack Revisited (Part 1): Update 27.4

[DE]Megan

Ruse Warfield: The hardest Railjack mission before this patch now reduced to a child's plaything..... 

I'm going to be blunt. Is this a Joke??

Two-shotting the hardest fighters is better? 

When did this game become more focused on letting MR 2 players be able to do what Mr 20 players do in a couple of seconds with no time or effort. This update I feel is a huge slap to the face of all those that actually devoted their time and effort to this game mode only for it to be made easier than normal warframe Earth missions? I understand that the game mode was not perfect, it has room for improvement with fixing glitches and expanding missions and not making railjack missions overly repetitive and like a chore, however making it easier was never the solution. What has happened now has made Railjack feel more like a chore and has made it soul crushingly boring to the point where we as the player now just want to complete the mission rather than play the game. Some of the UI changes to this patch were good i.e. the aiming cursers for moving ships (applause for that), but resetting avionic to rank 0 and making us have rerank avionics again and not implement a rank up systems similar to how mods are currently being done (choose rank to upgrade to and confirm) and not a repetitive rank up and confirm.

DE I hope that this message doesn't come across as ungrateful but please re-evaluate these changes that have been done and bring Railjack back to a Less buggy and less repetitive version of its former glory.

• Like 5

Oh, also: I love the idea of making every Railjack mission give actually-relevant amounts of credits, so that instead of having to grind Index or Profit-Taker you can just play the game and make enough credits to cover basic needs.

Now could you please take that very good idea, and apply it to missions in general?

Edited by TuxedoCatfish

Where is the bug fix on the Eidolon Plains, where do you go out with your operator and when you return to the warframe you can't cast skill or get on the k-drive and fall down the map? Where is it that I didn't see it? hurting the entire squadron on eidolon huntA9UbNpq.jpeg

Fishing in Cetus is broken with the Update it seems, Fish -do- spawn, but they are invisible and cannot be caught.

Helios does scan them, which makes their names appear, and i can even shoot at them, but they are not catchable despite receiving Damage.

InywUrq.png

Draw distance also seems to have been lowered, and there is noticeable pop-in on bases (especially around the mills).

For some reason fishing is impossible in both the Orb Vallis and in the Plains of Eidolon. Fish just don't spawn (even with bait). On the rare occasion that a fish does spawn, luminous dye barely reveals the fish. The fish gets lit up a little bit, but not much and certainly not enough to be of use. Also on the rare occasion that a fish does spawn, you cannot catch it. When you throw the fishing spear at a fish, it hits the fish and does damage to the fish, but instead of catching the fish, the spear comes back to you, just like it would if you threw the spear at the ground, and you don't get the fish. 

After catching a fish in:

• In the Plains of Eidolon:
    • The fish just fades out of existence
  • In the Orb Vallis:
    • The fish doesn't disappear. Instead, the fish stays in one spot and doesn't move. If you try to catch it again, you are staggered

-- Your Railjack can only have 1 of each Hazard active at a time --
-- Reduced the Health of all on-foot Grineer Railjack enemies by half -- 
-- Halved the Health and Armour of all Grineer Fighters --

I did the hardest mission on RJ solo before and afther the update, before the update was challenging and fun, now it so borring EASY and  lame, You guys just ruin railjack for me :^/ , now is BABY mode is SOOOO easy. WHAT WHERE YOU THINKING?!!! do you even play your game?!
can i at LEAST have a dificulty slider or something? xD rip railjack

• Like 1

6 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Lowered Boost Speed by 75% 
  • Increased the Boost Speed cost of dodge. 
  • Increased Boost Drain 

Sole thing I don't like. Piloting is now dull. Boost is useless and dull. Why?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Picsidhe said:

Thank you DE! I'm a little overwhelmed by how intensely negative some of these comments are. I appreciate everything you do and I understand and trust in your visions for your game!

Also this. The amount of Users not reading the Changelog before angrily commenting about Dirac Refunding and Merges and general Base Hostily is sad to see and makes it hard to pick out useful replies.

• Like 2

After playing a few Railjack missions the boost cost increase feels really bad. It's similar in nature to using Apocs or Cryophons with a bad or no Polar Coil. All you end up doing is trying to manage the bar the entire fight instead of just being able to use it when needed. Apparently this was realized as you significantly reduced the heat build up on those guns. Please do something similar and unnerf the boost costs.

• Like 6

So after trying Railjack a couple of times over the last 6 months and both times ragequitting over how excruciatingly buggy (to the point of unplayable) it was, I decided that Railjack Revised might be a good time to try it again.

I join a mission in progress, so obviously someone else's Railjack. Less than 10 minutes in it bugs out while I'm entering the 4th crewship, and puts me in the crewship as dead. X won't work to revive. The game freezes, forces a weird host migration (one that seems to be due to the freeze and the weird entering crewship as dead situation, rather than connectivity issues), but the migration does allow me to revive, and this allows me to revive and continue the mission. Except the navigation is not usable (probably expects RJ owner to use it, who of course is no longer there) and grineer keep spawning on the RJ (literally spawning out of thin air, not ramships), eventually forcing me to Abort, and lose everything.

I'm not even going to touch on all the other changes in this patch. The main selling point was to improve RJ, and it's still exactly as unplayable as on launch and for exactly the same reason.

I think I'll try again some time next year.

(I know people keep complaining that RJ is too disconnected from the rest of the game but as far as I'm concerned it's a godsend. Imagine there were actually useful things to use in the rest of the game gated behind this bugfest.)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

The ‘retired’ Integrated Avionics will be removed from players inventory via a script on login.

"Removed", or "converted"? To clarify, if I only had copies of Bulkhead for one of the removed houses, I'll end up with no Bulkhead avionics at all?

So Vazarin dead.... and u forced to play limbo or frost if u wana solo def.... or you must nagging for someone bring it... nice .... 

And the HP values..... just joke.... when u need heal on def obj..... its base hp ~40k.

Every one crying for Vazarin not because cheese but because u can use and play other frames and not forced to go def frames... 

I guess im happy to not need think what focus tree i pick when i forced to play limbo in any def mission... 

Edit: Vazarin was not broken! 
Here is why: when ppl use it the def obj got wrecked anyway if u not watched.... Vazarin just give us a little time to breath.... and allow us to play more type of warframe.  

One hand u give us a good changes on RJ 
And whit the other hand kill the f focus tree.... 

Edited by -HM-Kanbaru_Suruga
  • Like 4

Just now, Reaperlukevw said:

Ruse Warfield:

DE I hope that this message doesn't come across as ungrateful but please re-evaluate these changes that have been done and bring Railjack back to a Less buggy and less repetitive version of its former glory.

cant agree more it is pointless in all possible ways. there is guys in my clan who started jack recently and they like the slow pace of Veil proxima.

and better gun for harder efforts. Man the last year was all about- let them concentrate on RJ. Now they don't want to play it.

NOw it feels like

Hey this is it. Take back your resources. coz now it cheap as pizza. and  don'teven  bother to progress in that game coz we nerf all down, so every newbie can play with ease. im missions that suppose to be for skilled players

unfair and unplayable

Edited by Refertu
  • Like 1

I have not tested it yet, but i dont think im gonna like the halve health value for on foot grineer, i really enjoyed them being a bit tougher as the stayed around for longer then halve a second and actually posed a threat, made the boarding a bit less of a mindless point and click like the rest of the game feels some times, but welps player feedback always works against what they actually want 

• Like 1

I agree with the quality of life changes to railjack but why turn the enemies into babymode?

Scarlet Spear just made arcanes extremely available to all players which is a massive power creep, raising the floor of what damage the average player is able to do, yet you guys continue to remove and nerf any enemies in the game that have any real dps checks.

I'm not asking for just having bullet sponges, but what's the point of having a bunch of 5-8 forma weapons, with a riven, maybe an exihilus slot, and arcanes if everything is so easy to deal with? That's not even considering buffs/debuffs from Warframe abilities.

Been playing since beta and testing dmg on grokstad officers actually made my effort put into Warframes/weapons feel worthwhile for the first time in a long time.

I would suggest making the enemies in the anomaly's much harder (back to the old stats) and adding more rewards or something

Edited by Mr.Holyroller
Typo
  • Like 6