Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Revised: Railjack Revisited (Part 1): Update 27.4

[DE]Megan

8 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Avionics Changes: 
When it comes to Avionics changes, there’s an overarching goal: Simplify Avionic management. 

Holy WOW was this the wrong move. You got rid of the best part of the avionics system: (actual choice!) The Compact mods that  DON'T hog all the space! All the new avionics are so expensive they don't fit. Put it back or just remove the Reactors as a mechanic and let people have unlimited avionics*

*or just like, double all reactor capacity. I'm at a high roll tier 3 lavan, and i'm still short like 25-30 avionics in the 'new system' from what I had before.

I LIKED the multiple manufacturers angle, but in retrospect, I think the best answer is to have TWO manufacturers for each part, the compact part and the 'big' part, thus having a less complex but still enjoyable middle ground.

• Changing the pacing and general feel of all Railjack Piloting and movement to be less reliant on the optimal strategy of “Single strafe Boost then Repeat”: 
    • Doubled the Railjack’s base Speed. 
    • Lowered Boost Speed by 75% 
    • Increased the Boost Speed cost of dodge. 
    • Increased Boost Drain

Railjacks currently feel sluggish as heck in space, and doesn't turn well either.  The avionics that made speed possible are nowhere near as effective as they used to be, and boost feels like it does NOTHING for all of your energy bar.

Can you 'un-fix' the boost speed, boost drain, and double the speed of all parts and avionics to go with the base speed?'. 

I hate to break it to you, but drifting around in space was fun at ridiculous speeds and you just killed it. NOT A FAN of anything that makes the grindiest game mode less fun.

Any word on, say, tripling Titanium drops and halfing the amount of titanium needed for repairing drops? .  This change does nothing for people who have a 'bunch' o titanium already and a ton of parts they WANT to make, but can't because its barely enough for 1x-2x, and valence fusion sorta sucks because there's no way to combine like parts: that its restricted by manufacturer is super annoying because I still don't have a use for all these junky zetki weapons and would love to throw their parts onto my actually good weapons or reactors.
Nice change, but it doesn't help me at all: I can't fusion the parts I have already with the parts I've looted already (loot  tables have good parts at stupid low drop chances in infrequent drop places, I haven't even seen a vidar reactor much less twice to fusion a better one; let me use the crappy zetki drops to improve my good ones ; an even if I could I can only repair one part of like 19 looted salvage)

And... a slower game mode makes me no want to play it anyway.

Bring back the Winged mods boosting railjack stats so there's a reason to use them, OR give them a row of avionic slots for the 'flight deck' and expand reactor capacity/lower equip cost all around so there's a reason to USE them.

Edited by Udoshi
spelling
  • Like 2

"Added ‘Incomplete’ tab/category to the Avionics screen in the ‘Configure Railjack’ panel, Mods Segment screen, and the Codex."

I originally misread this. Please add Avionics to the Codex!

• Like 1

Warframe Revised: Railjack Revisited (Part 1): Update 27.4

• Banshee, Excalibur Umbra, Frost, Nekros, Nova, Nyx, Saryn, Valkyr, and Zephyr Ability videos have been added to their respective Arsenals! 

The text for Tornadoes in Zephyrs ability screen should mention that it also increases critical damage, the difference between shooting a status weapon and a crit weapon into them can be significant. The only other place Tornadoes damage is mentioned is in the tips section but it only says "powerful weapons" which isnt specific at all.

It would be as simple as adding "critical" at the end before damage.

"Create deadly tornadoes that seek out and engulf enemies. Tornados deal the elemental damage type they absorb the most. Shoot enemies engulfed in Tornados to do additional critical damage"

Also, when will we manufacturer versions of Ordnance, or ordnance with special drops/quirks?

I like the galvarc, I just wish it was usable, did better damage, and actually fried 3 enemy fighters at once like it say sit does, instead of '1 maybe'. Give it a triple beam(ocucor), not a single chaining beam (gaze).

I'd also like it if the forward artillery station was opted in to use Ordnance so they have something to do while hanging out in the gunu chair, and if you could set ordnance by turret (so the pilot can milati, and the side gunners can seeker missile)

I'd also like to see an 'anti-crewship' big missile/cruise missile. An ordnance that does, say, guaranteed particle or plasma effects and opens up a crewship to instant-death from regular guns, or can armor shred it in preperation for an artillery run.

Edited by Udoshi

9 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Instead of having to re-aim at your placed Waypoint to remove it (or spam G twice), now you can remove your Waypoint by holding G!

Very big thank you on this one and all these updates in fact, thank you and all of the team. Though if i'm not being too picky could we get a change so that vacuum/fetch works even if companions are down, it feels awful to do endless missions with your companions randomly dying

• Like 2

Added an Omni Tool binding when using a controller! The default binding is RB + Right Directional-Pad button, to customize go into your Options > Controls > Customize Controller > Ability Menu > Bind ‘Equip Omni’. 

• The Omni Tool will only be equipped using this shortcut option if it is in the Gear Wheel!

Controller Changes & Fixes: 

• Selecting “Defaults” in the ‘Customize Controller’ Options will now give you the option to choose to either default ‘All’ bindings or just those in the current tab. 
  • 188d2065ec2d145f4627bff2e3ca0c2d.jpg 
  • Fixed some issues with controller bindings not saving if swapping between using a controller or KBM to select bindings tabs. 
    • Any changes made in individual tabs will now save locally in the tab until you close out of Options, at which point it’ll save them if desired. 

Thank you for controller support but currently (27.4.1) Warframe is still thoroughly frustrating to play on controller as the LB (left bumper) on Xbox controllers is stuck on the roll action even if you change it in customize controller. You can see my previously posted bug report here: 

Please fix LB on Xbox controllers let me know if I can help provide more info.

• Like 1

CONGRATS DE !! Great work on these updates .. Railjack is once again a fun place to play .. love the changes to RJ and the Archwing Weapons etc.. I am sooo glad you have bought the FUN back into the game.. I would like to suggest you make the energy recharge for the booster/speed thing not be activated manually.. after its regen delay it needs to just recharge .. I cant say how much i appreciate these updates, as FUN is why we all actually play WF.. The rewards and everything else is a bonus.. you guys and gals have really hit this on the head.. BIG THUMBS UP 🙂  now how do we get intrinsics if we are 10-10-10-10 .. 😉 

1 hour ago, Udoshi said:

Holy WOW was this the wrong move. You got rid of the best part of the avionics system: (actual choice!) The Compact mods that  DON'T hog all the space! All the new avionics are so expensive they don't fit. Put it back 

Nah, you just have to Valence Fuse your reactors to fit more stuff on.

9 hours ago, Tradebanned said:

vaz.png
Can I get a vazarin refund so I can change to zenurik? The cryo got 50K hp+ in defense arbitration, it would take ~20years to make the cryopod full HP. Even in low level mission it's not good. Just make it 10% of the objective health at least. You didnt nerfed it, you just removed it from the game.

I've been Vazarin ever since the Lotus bestowed it upon me back when we all first woke up from our dreams. Back then, our only claim to barely-meta fame was the ability to heal defense objectives which iirc was removed temporarily after War Within, then given back at some point.

Vazarin has instant revives now, but everyone just presses X these days so I only ever get to revive pets (because they're stupid squishy STILL) and the healing ability doesn't really help for other players considering everyone has self-heals now. I don't even use it on myself outside of The Index. Once again the only claim to barely-meta fame for Vazarin was our ability to go "oh ****" when the Arbitration defense target follows a dumbass out into the middle of a huge group of enemies, hell our instant revives are USELESS IN ARBITRATION so we don't even have that. A short Vazarin invuln window is the only thing preventing instant failure at that point. Or as a more practical example, during Eidolon hunting I could off-heal to keep the Eidolon lures alive or invuln them because SOMEONE KEEPS HANGING BACK OUTSIDE THE ORANGE DOOOME!!!!

Now we're just-as-good-as all the other healers apparently, why don't you just rename Vazarin to Veterinarian because all we're good for is instant reviving cats and dogs now it seems.

That joke's out of the way now, so let me be serious here: Vazarin WAS too powerful with a 5 second invuln, BUT you nerfed us so hard in our only truly practical way of helping the endgame scene we're a joke of a focus school now. Instead of nerfing us to be "just okay enough to match everyone else" here, you should've left us with that "Tenno focus powers are actually super strong" feel. Shorten the invuln duration to 2 seconds, make it a percentage heal, or put it on a CD either partially or fully. Just do something so I don't feel like I have to change to Zenurik to be viable.

Edited by Sennera
  • Like 4

Bottom line: the flat healing values shown in the table are not even remotely effective by any stretch of the imagination.  500 HP over 5 seconds sounds nice, until you remember that an individual high-level enemy with a fully automatic rifle deals that much damage per bullet, and the defense target you're healing has somewhere in the neighborhood of 15,000 to 40,000 HP max.  The flat values are a joke, DE.  I implore you to consider changing these forms of defense target healing to percentage-based values, unless you're planning on radically changing the damage scaling of everything in the game and haven't told us yet.  Even a 5-10% heal over 5 seconds would be preferable to these values, which are basically equivalent to using one sponge to stave off a tsunami.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed incorrect Melee grip on all Heavy Blade skins

Under normal circumstances, this is a great fix. But this creates a problem (for me at least). Heavy Blade idle animations, in my opinion, don't look good. Hence I never use heavy blades (not even the Paracesis!), and prior to this update, only Great axes (like Scindo Prime, Zenistar etc...), that, while caused a slight geometry collision, at least made the idle animations stance of my warframe on point and badass. It's the only reason I paid for 2 Tennogen skins to fit to my axes. But after this, i'm not using heavy blades and axes again (which also have the amazing looking Tempo Royale stance animation to boot).
Other than that, this was a great update, much needed polishing to an otherwise amazing game mode (still waiting for a more intertwined integration to the rest of the game and more mission types).
Cheers DE!
ps- Appreciating all your hard work during those hard times ^^

Could you please work on the Railjack speed boost it feels alot slower than it used to be, lower the cost of speed boost and maneuvers. right now the Railjack feels alot weaker than before In term of maneuvering around the map.

Edited by Shadow.Wanderer
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Instead of having to re-aim at your placed Waypoint to remove it (or spam G twice), now you can remove your Waypoint by holding G! G, isn’t that helpful!

My Waypoint is bound to H, this doesn't apply to me! Unbelievable! Terrible update, I'm uninstalling.

10 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Updated the grunge on the Corbu Shawzin to make it edgier for all your shredding needs.

Never mind.