Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Biggest changes in latest update? (the rj revisted one)

Tenno76856

I'm reserving judgement about the fighters until I get my hands on them (still waiting for the damn download cache) but the on-foot enemies? I'd like to remind everyone that the Officers used to have the effective health of an Eidolon.

Hydrolyst.

Including the limbs (though granted not the shields)

There's 'making the game easier' and then there's 'making it so that regular enemies don't have the health points of literal raid bosses.'

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I'm reserving judgement about the fighters until I get my hands on them (still waiting for the damn download cache) but the on-foot enemies? I'd like to remind everyone that the Officers used to have the effective health of an Eidolon.

Oh dang. No wonder they were such a PITA to kill. Especially considering doing the Galleon Rift missions, this will be pretty nice not to have quite such a slog.

11 minutes ago, HoustonDragon said:

Oh dang. No wonder they were such a PITA to kill. Especially considering doing the Galleon Rift missions, this will be pretty nice not to have quite such a slog.

Yeah. And that number is just from level 75 - I'm not sure if the calculators have been updated for new armour.

So, on release, they had even more EHP in the veil, complete immunity to armour stripping and resistance to bleed procs. 

I look forward to the PC analysis on the changes.  Some nice QoL changes in there, and a lot of changes that yes, seem to make it a lot easier, really hope it doesn't remove any remaining challenge to the missions because I like playing Veil missions as is.  

Despite what some of the people that got into the test server said, to me, biggest change is that you can now use Seeker Volley in the Veil Proxima. Paired with the Avionic Warhead, enemies in the veil die pretty fast, and since is an ability you can spam, yeah, feels WAY MORE SATISFYING than using Void Hole.

28 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

I mean, if you just scan though sure it might look like they made it easier when in fact the changes are to make Railjack less of an insane, boring grind and more enjoyable.

I really hope this is step 1 of many many RJ changes to come. I think the public server may also be a piece of the puzzle. I could see a 3 RJ team raid or some big mechanic coming to RJ. They put a lot of resources into it and it needs to be popular and successful. 

1 час назад, Fabpsi сказал:

98e9742a37.png

Pink Particle Ram!
It is Pink. It has Particles. it can Ram.
8ef46a9392.jpg
It can do stuff only a pink particle ram can! 

the dark knight joker GIF by hero0fwar

All is cool, as long as the colours won't burn our eyes.

Edited by PurrrningBoop

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

Hydrolyst.

Including the limbs (though granted not the shields)

There's 'making the game easier' and then there's 'making it so that regular enemies don't have the health points of literal raid bosses.'

No. No! Did they make the Gokstad Officers easier? Because I gotta tell you man... EHP of a Hydrolyst or not, you could make a pea shooter like Soma Prime down a Gokstad Officer in less than a magazine (with the status changes, namely Viral!). That's already easier! By contrast, you can't really make the Soma Prime kill the Hydrolyst as easily (if at all!). C'mon...

Hek, I wish the Gokstad Officers would use their Karak Wraith like an automatic weapon. They just shoot 3 shots at you and then throw a roller down. Then they wait several seconds while you shoot them and then they take another 3 shots at you! What is that? That's not Karak Wraith! The Corrupted Heavy Gunner has no problem using its Gorgon to its full potential! Why can't Gokstad Officers use their Karak Wraith to its full potential?

EDIT: Oh I see, you're probably talking about the armor scaling changes. Then yes, Soma Prime could not do that before those armor scaling changes. I don't see anything mentioning Gokstad Officers in the patch notes.

Edited by nslay
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, nslay said:

No. No! Did they make the Gokstad Officers easier? Because I gotta tell you man... EHP of a Hydrolyst or not, you could make a pea shooter like Soma Prime down a Gokstad Officer in less than a magazine (with the status changes, namely Viral!). That's already easier! By contrast, you can't really make the Soma Prime kill the Hydrolyst as easily (if at all!). C'mon...

Hek, I wish the Gokstad Officers would use their Karak Wraith like an automatic weapon. They just shoot 3 shots at you and then throw a roller down. Then they wait several seconds while you shoot them and then they take another 3 shots at you! What is that? That's not Karak Wraith! The Corrupted Heavy Gunner has no problem using its Gorgon to its full potential! Why can't Gokstad Officers use their Karak Wraith to its full potential?

This guy gets it haha.  Those officers were already a pushover.  

1 minute ago, (XB1)Calliber said:

This guy gets it haha.  Those officers were already a pushover.  

Before the armor scaling changes, you did actually need heavy hitters like Kuva Chakkhurr to down them efficiently. They're still beefy now, but you can use more guns against them. Especially with the status changes! Like you can mod a Soma Prime for Viral/Hunter Munitions and down them in less than a clip (which was not possible before).

EDIT: I was just worried that they made them even easier. I don't see it in the patch notes though! Phew!

Edited by nslay

23 minutes ago, nslay said:

They're standard enemies, not boss fights. They should not have the durability of a boss fight by any stretch of the imagination. And I'd like to remind you that the Soma Prime isn't by any means a pea shooter. For the most part, it's only been outdone because we've gained the likes of Saryn, the Bramma, Acceltra, Ignis Wraith, and other things that hit as hard or harder but usually in area of effect. Soma Prime didn't get weak, other stuff got stronger. 

The fact they were still easy to kill despite their outrageously ballooned health pools is a sign that Warframe is still massively unbalanced, not that they were balanced before.

EDIT: Addition, especially on release, Soma Prime actually fell into the category of weapon that was best against them. Crit/Slash hybrids. Pure status was useless. At launch they had arbitrary armour strip immunity, making Corrosive pointless, and they still had innate scaling (i.e. finisher or bleed) damage resistance making any regular status slash weapon also useless. Crit/Slash with Hunter Munitions was basically the only way of dealing with them. In this customisation-based game.

23 minutes ago, nslay said:

This much, though, I agree with.

I don't mind enemies being more lethal (within reason - but shield gating has mostly taken care of full-auto hitscan oneshots so that shouldn't be a problem) and that's something I see as perfectly reasonable for these enemies.

Edited by Loza03

3 minutes ago, nslay said:

EDIT: I was just worried that they made them even easier. I don't see it in the patch notes though! Phew!

It is there in the notes.

Reduced the Health of all on-foot Grineer Railjack enemies by half.

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

The Sentient Anomaly in the Veil Proxima now has no downtime - it rotates every 30 minutes to a different node with no downtime in between. 

This for me, but I don't think we can fight any Sentient Gyrixs or Ionyxs from these Murexs.

28 minutes ago, nslay said:

Before the armor scaling changes, you did actually need heavy hitters like Kuva Chakkhurr to down them efficiently. They're still beefy now, but you can use more guns against them. Especially with the status changes! Like you can mod a Soma Prime for Viral/Hunter Munitions and down them in less than a clip (which was not possible before).

Oh, I was actually talking about them pre-armor scaling, I haven't had a chance to fight one after the armor change.  So I sneeze on them and they'll be dead? 

25 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

EDIT: Addition, especially on release, Soma Prime actually fell into the category of weapon that was best against them. Crit/Slash hybrids. Pure status was useless. At launch they had arbitrary armour strip immunity, making Corrosive pointless, and they still had innate scaling (i.e. finisher or bleed) damage resistance making any regular status slash weapon also useless. Crit/Slash with Hunter Munitions was basically the only way of dealing with them. In this customisation-based game.

It could not down Gokstad Officers in less than 1 clip before the armor scaling changes and status changes. In fact, you could use almost all rounds to down just one.

26 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

It is there in the notes.

The armor scaling and status changes were already enough to make weapons like Kuva Kohm or Soma Prime able to down Gokstad Officers in a practical amount of time and ammo. They should not have halved the HP further!