Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Revised: Railjack Revisited (Part 1): Hotfix 27.4.1

[DE]Megan

I built my railjack back in December and didn't really do anything past the first couple of earth nodes, i did manage to do some scarlet spear space, though I was totally reliant on catching a ride with a good ship, especially as mine handled like a shopping trolley. It was a really good intrinsics farm so I have managed to get my skills to level 9 for pilot and engineering and level 7 for the other two.

Since Friday night's update, I have been playing railjack a good amount and as of today I now have a vidar III reactor, along with another one which I'm currently repairing so I can perform valence fusion 👍

I have also managed to get Zekti mkIII engines too, along with mkIII Zekti and Vidar mkIII weapons. I'm enjoying the game much more since the changes, so thanks very much for the changes DE 🤗

I really wish that other people weren't able to navigate the ship to another node, it's quite annoying when you're piloting the ship farming for resources at the end of the mission, only for some random player to just go right ahead and change the node.

DE - Could you do something with Intrinsics / Gunnery R10?
I collected Intrinsics, but fortunately I watched YT first.
Like I saw - Intrinsics / Gunnery R10 - I don't need it even for free.
I will put the collected Intrinsics on Command (I suppose it will be soon, i.e. in 100 years ...).

So initial impressions have worn off, and it's time to provide a concise summary of railjack 2.0.

Disregard pretty much everyone here who lost their crap over the ship "missing" everything they had.  You outlined the changes....but it might have been reasonable to, at the first login, make this clear.  Shame on you for not doing everything to update the players, but at this point the knee-jerk anger because people could not read is pretty depressing.

This said, avionics drop rates no longer suck.  That's an immense improvement.  Combining that with slightly decreased costs, and I'm sold on the new numbers.  I managed to snag 4 Void Cloak avionics in about 3 runs of Earth, and it feels like the drop rate is actually pretty good now.  It isn't going to rework everything, but not having to run a bunch of missions and get 5-7 of the same avionic that's only good for scrapping is great.  On top of this, the distribution also seems like you can grind Earth or Saturn long enough to get intrinsics, and actually have enough avionics and dirac built-up to not be curb stomped in the planetary transition.

Valence fusion is fantastic.  Better yet, not having to wait multiple times to build the components before fusing is a surprising and appreciated change.  I'll shortly have everything maxed, and this means the runs of Saturn aren't insulting.  Even the garbage equipment can be fused to improve what you already have.

Pacing is infinitely better.  Enemy spawns are close, even a solo player can grind through Saturn with Sigma III equipment and feel like the Railjack is worth the investment.  The only issue is that often enemies literally spawn behind you, then in-front, and the nearly instant aggro of enemies often means you're getting hit from all sides.  The decrease in events really helps with this, so kudos to fixing a problem that another fix created.

Now that we've covered the good, let's touch on some of the many failures.  I say this, even after the statement I believe this is a huge improvement.  

1. Organic pets die because they don't seem to teleport back with you....or if you fly out they die despite being impervious....or they just die because.  They then respawn because.  I cannot believe that this wasn't highlighted anywhere, given that boarding actions are about half of the pirates-in-space theme you have going here.
  2. You can do 2+ missions in a row, easily.  The issue is that things break real quickly.  This bug continues, along with ever increasing stability issues.  If everything is to be mission-dry dock-mission-dry dock-etc.... then there's really no benefit to not simply defaulting the collected resources to some buffer, instead of the running tabulatory system we seem to have now.
  3. Help, I'm stuck on the Railjack!  Yeah, go back to Dry Dock, wait on the full animation, and you still can't leave.  Spam the option 5-12 times, and by random luck you get to pop out.
  4. Progression.  I can play a few Earth Missions without having to leave the ship.  Fantastic.  I can grind out a few runs, get the avionics, and store away enough resources to keep going.  Oh look, Saturn has no 100% Railjack missions.  No way to not grind without the ground side, where enemies are less painful bullet sponges but still take half a clip of Vaykor Hek shots fully modded.  Maybe give us somewhere in each planet that has all of the fighters, without the ground side?  A place where we can grind for what we need, rather than the disembark-hack-run back outside-run back inside-hack-run back outside-run back inside-and finally teleport back to the railjack frustrated that you had to park it 3000+ meters away to prevent infinitely spawning boarding parties.
  5. Progression of power.  Let me put this forward, what the heck is the plan here?  To start with you have no sling-shot.  You have no return teleport.  This means a new player must have a team, shoot out crewship engines, disembark and board, kill the crewship reactor, and then manually return to the railjack.  You level up, and can unlock the sling-shot and return teleport.  This means you can launch a player, blow the reactor, and jump back.  You then unlock the artillery.  Sling-shot is worthless.  You get greater sling-shot distance as a later power...but the artillery can shoot farther and with a well placed hit one-shot the crewships.  Heck, with an insanely cheap two avionic combo (artillery power+cheap shot) I can slaughter all 6 ships with a 1 in 32 chance of having to craft more dome charges, and a 1 in 64 chance of wiping all 6 crewships without actually having to craft a single replacement.  Sling-shot needs to either be a basic access, or revised, to be something more than a stepping stone of power that's useless when you unlock the next upgrade.  As icing on the proverbial cake, 20% faster archwing+decreased blink cooldown = slingshot being slower transportation.  Maybe allow us to craft an explosive, that cannot be stored, and has to be manually loaded onto the sling-shot pad.  Fire it off like one of Ivara's controlled projectiles, and have it create a huge AoE disabling pulse that gives us a 2-3 minute window to attack a fixed emplacement without having to deal with the boarding parties.  A coordination that makes it more resource intensive, but would allow a decent player to not have to board and do the run-around of the pulse turbine/missile battery/emplacements without a commander?

Now that I've dumped all of this, what's the short and sweet?  Railjack took more than two years to be in its current state.  A state that I'd generously call a beta, given that the launch was barely an alpha state.  We still don't have Fortuna fully fleshed out, and there are already promises of the New War and Duviri Paradox.  Please, stop.  Railjack needs to have a command intrinsic path.  The bugs need to be worked out.  The content needs to be finished before you pull the plug and move on. 

This is a great first step, but 2020 needs to be the year of fixing stuff.  It can be about finishing Fortuna, releasing a few reinforcement packs with new weapons, stomping out years of bugs, and making the promised content actually be what we're seeing.  If you want us to have more grind give us some love on the focus tree, to make the operators less of a burden.  Give us a new room in the Clan dojo dedicated to sentient research and a home for some new sentient weapons.  Don't keep promising us the next big thing, when the last few fell on their faces so hard that it actually forced your PR team to comment.  Maybe reign in the ambition, and give us a good game rather than promising us a great game.  I want to play a good game, not aspire to playing a great one some day.  If I wanted that I could play Star Citizen, or maybe launch No Man's Sky (yes, the comment here is they did get better but had the same....lofty ambitions selling their game).  I don't want to play Fallout 76 with space ninjas.

-EDIT-

Side note....when are you going to stop introducing new stuff without documenting it?  I say this because Nova having DR with the stars was undocumented, and people were surprised to figure it out.  After all you've done with everything on this update, you make no mention of the Ballista Measure mod either.  It's like stuff is getting packed in, and nobody is the gate keeper here.  Yes, minor increases to weapon range aren't anything to write home about, but stealth inclusions of new stuff is odd considering that the effort isn't being highlighted.

With the change to avionics those that spent plat on market purchases on avionics that no longer in game. Should get their plat back. Though DE dropped the ball on notifying players of the planed  avionics change before the hotfix. Those that spent plat on avionics that were on the market should at least get the plat back and those that had avionics taken should get some type of reimbursement either in plat or durac. Though honestly the taking of avionics that were either grinded for or bought is wrong.

I built a railjack ship before the flying part Empyram was even released, once released I played it to hell, had a very maneuverable and fast ship with a very close to the best top tier engine you get, I played a Viel mission just before and I was very disappointed in how the ship now handles and I feel like I'm hobbled, the boost runs out in roughly a single burst use, when before I could boost a few times to be across the map to give me a little time to replenship my forge (when I'm solo, or when matching making fails I'm still solo)

What's going with the particle ram, a way worse transparent look than before, it is very distracting to play with a more limited view than before, can someone tell me how to make it a more transparent appearance like before.

Edit: Solved the colour problem with the Particle Ram, I set secondary colour for the ship to jet black and that fixes it.

Before.

Spoiler

75C1A01D3438B24F510FA107979F6950D3BD4E39

After

Spoiler

EDA27E2D63D24E80F519182FB024483A6AAFE6A5

I love railjack, I had high hopes for it with the expansions to the star chart and other factions but these new changes not only seem to penalize solo players but the speed boost reduction is bad and that's without the railjack coming under severe attack and slowed even more with a catastrophic hull breach event. imo

I didn't take any railjack damage fighting the 90 fighters and 6 crew ships and ship killer platform, not one boarder also so didn't get to test out the new hazards.

I was just going to throw my hands up with a R.I.P railjack for the ton of hours I've played the mode, I will hang in there and try again when not tired, ya never in ya right mind when tired. 

TL:DR version of most of the posts to D.E.
* FIX THE BUGS
* STOP with the NERFING.  Just...stop.
* Addendum to the above; revert boost back to original cost and speed.  Period. Dot. FULL STOP.
* FIX TACTICAL INTRINSIC LEVEL 10!  or refund all intrinsic points used to rank up to level ten.  It does not work as advertised / written now, though it worked JUST FINE during all of scarlet spear.:angry:😡

Otherwise you did a decent first pass on this rework.
I won't list the numerous errors and bugs that have since cropped up after your first hot-fix in star-chart  game-play, and UI (re; the relics just being scattered across the menu with no rhyme or reason) because they are legion and you really really should have checked out to make sure that these bugs would not spawn / reappear.

Otherwise, thank you for your efforts. 
Please continue and fix the broken code and revert the nerfs.

You guys messed up the Archwing Launcher very badly for newer players.

When you install the Archwing Launcher segment, the Archwing Launcher itself becomes literally uncraftable, making newer players totally unable to use Archwing in open worlds. Please fix ASAP!

4 hours ago, bear19742 said:

With the change to avionics those that spent plat on market purchases on avionics that no longer in game. Should get their plat back. Though DE dropped the ball on notifying players of the planed  avionics change before the hotfix. Those that spent plat on avionics that were on the market should at least get the plat back and those that had avionics taken should get some type of reimbursement either in plat or durac. Though honestly the taking of avionics that were either grinded for or bought is wrong.

What?

Here's the short of this, I have not been a blind supporter of DE.  I have had great criticisms of what they put out, and at this point have very few people who would suggest I support their decisions without personal benefits to them.

This being said, come on.  They announced a public test server.  They put out a listing of the railjack revisited goals weeks ago.  They said that the avionics were going to be rebalanced so only one version would exist, and that's exactly what they did.  In order to claim that they never said they were going to do this you'd have to have spent the last several weeks completely disconnected from the forums, at which point it's not their fault.

On top of this, go back and count your avionics.  I had 2 Zetki Bulkhead mods, and about 18 Vidar ones.  After the update I had 20 of the current versions.  I had 150k dirac.  After the update I had 220k dirac.  After upgrading everything back to what I had before I still have about 180k dirac, my ship has the same armor, the same shields, the same health, and I can now slot something into everything but 1 or 2 spaces with a 100-100 reactor.  This now includes the cheap (cheap shot), and expensive (hyperflux) avionics that mean once fully kitted my ship rarely experiences any difficulties with me primarily flying solo.  

Fully transparency, I bought one of the avionics packs.  It was cheaper than buying a single avionic with platinum from someone else.  This said, I have no qualms with what was done here.  The avionics working as before, with less cost, means that the railjack isn't an exercise in deciding which basic features to not have.  I can have armor, shields, shield recharge, health, cooling, artillery power, flux increase, and gun power all equipped at once.  Prior to this I had 4+ slots with nothing because of the costs.  

New bug, which I assume comes from the Railjack Revisited update since I cannot recall this ever being a problem before that.

Grattler now explodes when firing, even when aiming into the air and away from any enemies and obstacles. These explosions would be cool if they happened on whatever I'm shooting at and not in my face. It's distracting, irritating and makes it really hard to aim.

Also, please remove the innate punch through on this gun, completely, in space and on the ground. It's an explosive weapon, making the projectiles go through an enemy to explode somewhere behind them is not even remotely useful or funny. I shouldn't have to aim at their feet to make the explosive shells actually explode.

(tested in simulacrum today, less than half an hour ago)

Spoiler

3d3efa7e131b6e353e1a1882e56cd64a.jpg

1 hour ago, master_of_destiny said:

On top of this, go back and count your avionics.  I had 2 Zetki Bulkhead mods, and about 18 Vidar ones.  After the update I had 20 of the current versions.  I had 150k dirac.  After the update I had 220k dirac.  After upgrading everything back to what I had before I still have about 180k dirac, my ship has the same armor, the same shields, the same health, and I can now slot something into everything but 1 or 2 spaces with a 100-100 reactor.  This now includes the cheap (cheap shot), and expensive (hyperflux) avionics that mean once fully kitted my ship rarely experiences any difficulties with me primarily flying solo.  

Fully transparency, I bought one of the avionics packs.  It was cheaper than buying a single avionic with platinum from someone else.  This said, I have no qualms with what was done here.  The avionics working as before, with less cost, means that the railjack isn't an exercise in deciding which basic features to not have.  I can have armor, shields, shield recharge, health, cooling, artillery power, flux increase, and gun power all equipped at once.  Prior to this I had 4+ slots with nothing because of the costs.  

This. I didn't actually "lose" any Avionics, they just got rerolled into whatever the current version was. As soon as I upgraded them and reinstalled, I had plenty of room for everything.

Coupled with the changes to damage and enemies, you can rip through RJ missions with relative ease once you have a decently upgraded ship. I think more folks need to actually redip their toes into the Railjack experience, since it feels a lot more fluid and actual space combat focused to me.

2 minutes ago, kreep2.0 said:

This ^^

They're still there, just under a different house re rank them up and they do the same as before but with less cost to rank them up and less drain on the total ranking.

On 2020-05-03 at 12:01 PM, SocialFox said:

You do realize 15 nightwave creds get you 5 nitain extracts, which is much easier than having to wait for alerts, and miss them entirely because you were physically unable to do them at the specific time they'd be up due to reasons. Nightwave allows you to do tasks at your own pace, and still get rewarded.

I do realize I can't get any Nitain for 3 months and DE keeps ignoring me. I'd be fine with either endless NW ranks or with alerts tbh. But it looks like these both are too dam hard to implement...

Am 1.5.2020 um 22:35 schrieb Refertu:

Game itself realize that .14 update kinda horrible idea

so machine god clearly wishes to terminate this blasphemy |hail to the omnisaiah|

srsly guys consider to revert all back to the roots of rail jack

earth proxima for newbies

Saturn for those who dare

Veil is for those who exactly knows how

it was good. like for real

I'm with you all the way!
Since this update, everything is onehit - that's so much fun... -.-

Hopefully new missions with high demands will come soon. Otherwise RIP Railjack.

31 minutes ago, Diskoschnitzel said:

I'm with you all the way!
Since this update, everything is onehit - that's so much fun... -.-

Hopefully new missions with high demands will come soon. Otherwise RIP Railjack.

IMO current missions are only fun this way. 80 little tanky fighters is no fun.

But I agree more missions are needed and also enemy variety. Small fighters do not need to be tanky if we would have e.g. some advanced crewship-like enemies.

Regarding missions. IMO it is time for dedicated servers and 2-6 Railjack Dojo Defence missions. 🙂

Loving the changes so far. I really hope to see more positive changes to the game mode. The only unenjoyable feature so far that I have come across is the Aiming and the entire feel of maneuvering the Railjack. I have a potato aim and I really find it hard to control the RJ while shooting at the enemies, I can't kill even the lowest level fighter with my potato aim along with RJ. I manage to kill them using Archguns and Amesha but not the Railjack armaments(weird for me to say since I already declared I have a potato aim). The maneuverability and Aim mechanics really need some big changes. Using the railjack is a big let down for me because of this and it got much more irritating to play once I got from saturn to veil. Up until now I have manage to clear the nodes using Seeker Volley, Amesha,Imperator. Please don't nerf any of these until you actually find the solution for the Aim mechanics. It's a plea from a person with potato aim and I am sure the community will agree on this. 

1 hour ago, warmastercain said:

We want this update on consoles already hurry we want to enjoy this before scarlet spear ends 

It's not going to hit before Scarlet Spear ends. Scarlet Spear ended for PC before the Railjack Revisited; there would be a lot of untested issues with releasing this during Scarlet Spear; it's not going to happen. It will launch on console after Scarlet Spear ends for you guys.

Archived