Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rushers And The Speed Bumps.

RazerSnek

So recently i was just doing some kappa but came across a new door type which requires 2 people (unless alone) to open. I asked what is the point? and was answered with rather disappointment. I was told these massive doors are made to stop rushers from going too far ahead of other people. I cant think of why would you slow a rusher down? 

If it was for a boss fight a rusher would probably wait for you, or the fight not even start. And in come cases the rusher would die and that would be their fault and use of a revive. Ok and say they got to the boss and killed it alone. Whats the big deal? He/She killed it and saved you the trouble and now you can go grab the bp and go home.

If the rusher was in a capture mission, he could obviously handle the guy and kill him alone and get the team to extraction faster. GG
Even when i was a little noob i did not mind rushers, because most of the time they were a higher rank then me and they had a badass gun of some sort. I pushed myself to keep up with rushers who had Dual Zorens when i just had a excalibur and would use slash dash and cool parkour to keep up. But i loved to race them to the objective, i found it as a fun little challenge for myself. I didnt get spoon fed on how to parkour, i tought myself and now im a rusher and i use my Dual zorens to flick myself over to revive downed teammates or just rush to the boss/extraction.

All im asking is you delete those doors, or just make it so its one person button or something rather then what it is now.

I havent heard anyone of any rank tell me seriously they like the idea of those Speed bump doors. So what does that tell me? Well it indicates that the % of people who want those doors are very low rank and a very few of them exist that would want it in the first place.

Seriously what is the point?

I even heard someone say if you dont want to deal with rushers then go solo the mission.

So what is this purpose for the door? so we fast and furious players baby sit noobs who cant keep up even when we dont use Dual zorens ?

I have no problem helping people but i cant help them run faster. Slow people aggravate me in this game. Not that it happens alot but clearly DE feels the need to put speed bumps... NOBODY LIKES SPEED BUMPS [DE].

Maybe one of you guys can give me a reason and behind the reason a logical explanation ? 

Maybe one of you guys will agree we dont want these Speed bump doors?

What do you guys think about this?

As a rusher do you like the door?

As a low rank (around 3) do you mind rushers?
How many of you are rushers, even sometimes?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------CHANGE OF HEART------------------------------------------

New proposal,

instead of doors use the proximity range like in a normal defense mission but on the objectives like capture, boss, ect. that requires at least 2 people to start with a timer of 15 seconds to let the other 1 or 2 players get there. SO remove doors and set that proximity up.

For Mobile defense, Datamass cant be inserted ( or delay added) untill timer or all players are there 

For Defense, well that one is already perfect

For Capture the target has a moving proximity radius on him. Starts off with 75% damage reduce buff, each player nearby takes brings 25% off the buff. Thus allowing for a more challenging target. on solo the buff would be removed fully when that 1 player is on target.

For Extermination, no change needed here.

For Survival , no change needed if doors are taken down due to my idea of change

For Assassination, boss does not spawn until all players are there (already on the OD boss) But add a proximity area for the other bosses in normal missions which requires 2 players to stand there 10-15 seconds to activate boss or if everyone makes it before times it starts

there, my own theory that will solve the whole problem for rushers and noobs

Im willing to stop being a rusher and ill stop complaining as long as these changes are made and doors are gone and im sure alot of people will like it

I think this is a great way to solve the issue, should not be to hard for DE to use a similar code for extraction but instead of finishing a mission it will either spawn the boss or datamass usage blocked or datamass delay until timer is counted down.

I mean if DE would need my help in this issue i will help them gladly without asking for anything in return but those doors be removed

I mean they managed to add some things that require alot of coding which is amazing. im sure they could add this change and perhaps make it even tweak the settings to make it a more Co-op style.

PS: im sorry for my burst of anger earlier in the comments. But i calmed down and came up with a neat solution in which im willing to compromise to.  

ANY QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS THAT QUOTE ME PLEASE IM ONLY CONSIDERING ONES REGARDING THIS ONE. EARLIER COMMENTS I MADE WERE NOT HELPFUL TO THE SITUATION

So reply to this one

Edited by RazerSnake1994

The whole point of Kappa and Mobile defense missions is Affinity.

If one person kills everything before the others even get there, then there is no exp for the team.

Speed bump.

As for boss fights: If the rusher is fast enough, they could kill the boss and remove the waypoint to the bosses room leaving the slowbie unable to even find the loot.

Both cases are bogus for new players. Luckily the BPs are now given upon extraction - Speed bump

Edited by Archistopheles

noobs cried too much cuz they wanted to be slow so the devs added the doors for the cry babies which does nothing if you have 2 rushers on the lobby and still after you open it you can still leave people behind so if not effective at all . on mobile defense unless you lock everyone on the same room people will still go far from the objective to kill 

noobs cried too much cuz they wanted to be slow so the devs added the doors for the cry babies which does nothing if you have 2 rushers on the lobby and still after you open it you can still leave people behind so if not effective at all . on mobile defense unless you lock everyone on the same room people will still go far from the objective to kill 

so everyone is a noob who doesnt rush?

To be honest, I DID understand this post, but to me it came off as being biased from cynical and exaggerated angles, and double standards.

-For example, it ADMITS that the doors benefit players who might get left behind (for whatever reason), then goes on to say "NOBODY LIKES SPEED BUMPS".  Even that choice of wording, IRL speed bumps, they're often less a benefit for a driver, and a greater benefit for populated areas that would have speeding cars otherwise.

-It presents the idea "if you dont want to deal with rushers then go solo the mission", while also aiming to support people that want to ignore the rest of the team entirely.  Feel burdened by potential teams? "then go solo the mission", or make some friends.  If you really want to brag about skill, solo is where skill comes in, unless it's endgame where you better KNOW who you're playing with.  Besides, the primary reason to BE playing multiplayer and ignore the team is for leeching mastery.  Ask yourself what you really want here.

-Dual Zorens or not, in public games there's no guarantee about what kind of build the other people are choosing (or having to use), or what their skill level is, or for them, who the other people on the team happen to be.  There ARE ways to level the playing field such as Rush mods, but in a team with a rusher that USES it and other methods, working with a rusher is even worse.

Beyond that, repeatedly restating and rewording "What is the point" (5 times and one "What's the big deal") does not make it a more valid argument, especially when you post some valid reasons directly alongside it.

Is waiting for 2 people to open a door such an issue in these situations, anyhow?  A rusher would not be waiting for the SLOWEST player on the team, they'd be waiting for the SECOND FASTEST player.  Admittedly a worse problem if you've got a team of 2 or 3.

Archistopheles has already voiced 2 issues I was going to mention beyond being left behind.

Edit: OH RIGHT, the original questions.

-I do rush sometimes, but I try not to.  If that's my strategy, I'm probably playing solo, particularly for grinding bosses.  Except for jerks like the Jackal, soloing is faster to get in, out and on with my life.

-If I'm playing multiplayer, the PEOPLE make it more interesting, and make many attempts for success more viable.  I would defend this is not particularly by abandoning them.

-I can tolerate the door, and would have loved it back when I was a noob, or when I'd want to play as any warframe that could not fit the 11-cost Rush mod, or Quick Rest.  Given the fast-paced nature of the game, having ONE of those mods is a real luxury.

Edited by NuclearFlapjacks

You get swarmed if you're too slow. Yet devs don't want you to go fast. As for the doors, I think it's actually for you to wait up, but then what? Once the door's open, same S#&$ all over again. 

Even with low ranking, I don't really mind. Only if we're able to take down bosses or unlock that specific area (easier missions right after this difficult one we're in, for example infested mobile defense).

Even with a maxed Quick Rest, I feel that stamina doesn't recharge fast enough and was considering removing it. I feel for you. 

Some rushers use the mods rush and quick rest ect.. Sure they can rush in solo but the door is still there to press it, fine whatever takes like 1 second  to do. But we would all rather it did not exist.

I for one don't use any mods to increase my running im just naturally fast at getting to the objective. 

So if the real issue is people doing objective before the others even get to it then why place a speed bump door like halfway on the map?

because i was still able to rush to the objective despite the door being there i still got there before anyone else and began the objective on kappa

Anyways maybe im over reacting but last i checked the majority vote is we dont want the doors!

We play the game and if you want the doors now you wont once you reach a nice rank

I get called a noob when i tell ppl i joined After update 9. but here i am nearly rank 11. 700+hours on warframe nd over 300+ hours in missions

i help people im active in community so listen to my words if you want , and if you dont well i dont care

point is once again..

Normal players dont want the doors

DE isnt the one that plays and pays, We do :3

Ik its their game but we are their players

and noob have to deal with keeping up

since we are bio mechanic space ninjas with awesome parkour.

Actually, DE complained about rushers, it wasn't just a reasonable amount of players. DE said they felt insulted that they created these nice levels and people just breezed through them. 

The maps are nice and all but we werent rushing to ignore the nice maps because i do enjoy their works its just when you run kappa 10+ everyday ! you know every inch of it already. Noob who havent enjoyed look of maps are obviously not rushers yet so they see it all. its not like i wanna see the same scenery every since time i wanna get to the objectives ( 3 in kappa ) do them, get my xp and get out and repeat. 

Perhaps new players don't know the map, perhaps they're just learning, but they definitely....don't want someone like you in their game. Your attitude to new players is quite poor and you should think about whether you should be playing on those "noob" maps.

So recently i was just doing some kappa but came across a new door type which requires 2 people (unless alone) to open.

Huh? Those doors have been in the game since the dawn of times (well, at least since OB start). Dunno what you did so far, that you didn't encounter them.

The only time, those doors annoyed me so far, was in a survival mission, where the next Lotus LS drops were behind it - and my team was several rooms back, having fun with mobs, while we were running out of oxygen. Other than that, I'm fine with them.

Huh? Those doors have been in the game since the dawn of times (well, at least since OB start). Dunno what you did so far, that you didn't encounter them.

The only time, those doors annoyed me so far, was in a survival mission, where the next Lotus LS drops were behind it - and my team was several rooms back, having fun with mobs, while we were running out of oxygen. Other than that, I'm fine with them.

For KAPPA they are new and for several other missions too.

Edited by RazerSnake1994

I even heard someone say if you dont want to deal with rushers then go solo the mission.

The old problem... A rusher runs off alone, kills the boss alone and then runs to the exit alone, so why doesn't the rusher play the mission alone?

Of course you don't have a problem with rushers. The reason is simple: You have the mindset of a rusher yourself. The only thing you want to do in a mission is finishing it as quick as possible.

The old problem... A rusher runs off alone, kills the boss alone and then runs to the exit alone, so why doesn't the rusher play the mission alone?

Of course you don't have a problem with rushers. The reason is simple: You have the mindset of a rusher yourself. The only thing you want to do in a mission is finishing it as quick as possible.

Yes exactly i have the mind set of rusher, unless there is a reason not to rush like doing a Orokin Void and thats when i do the parkour things and try to get the crates and stuff. BUT other then that i dont see a reason to slow down. because i start the objective and when they get there its not like they missed out on more then 5% of xp unless they are noobs who walk in which case they deserve it for not paying attention in the tutorial or anything. Most of the time i wait for people to get to the objective too, i just dont like being forced to wait by a damn door. if people ask me to wait ill even go back and help them if needed. But i want it as a choice not a thing forced upon me. 

Yes exactly i have the mind set of rusher, unless there is a reason not to rush like doing a Orokin Void and thats when i do the parkour things and try to get the crates and stuff. BUT other then that i dont see a reason to slow down. because i start the objective and when they get there its not like they missed out on more then 5% of xp unless they are noobs who walk in which case they deserve it for not paying attention in the tutorial or anything. Most of the time i wait for people to get to the objective too, i just dont like being forced to wait by a damn door. if people ask me to wait ill even go back and help them if needed. But i want it as a choice not a thing forced upon me. 

Ok, now I'm confused. If you wait, then why did you rush in the first place?

Because as i mentioned before i enjoy the rushing to the objective.  I dont always wait but most of the time i do. unless its a boss in which case ill kill it and type out the drops outloud for people. Honestly there should be a system that shows the boss drops but i type it to people anyways. and i mark where he dies as well. Not all rushers are jerks, most of us are usefull and there is no reason it should punish all of us who like going really fast in warframe. Is that too much to ask? i just want those doors taken away. They cause more problem now then before, because more people are rushers and people who arent even rushers i hear them get annoyed by the stupid doors.. No Regular Warframe player wants it. Its the truth.

PS: Even getting a group of 4 rushers they would still get annoyed by the fact that door has to be pressed open -.-

PSS: And a group of all 4 slow people wouldnt see the point of it

The situation where this door comes in handy is too slim to impliment into the game out of nowhere

PSSS: There are bigger issues in warframe then rushers -.- i think they are the least hazard to the game

Edited by RazerSnake1994

In over 600 h of playing this game, I experienced the exact opposite of that.

Well with over 800hours into this game i have yet to see a rusher cause any harm.

Not my fault some people move like they have the hobble key on. lol

But like i said i help people but i get punished with an annoying door because little noobs cried because they arent being spoon fed more then they already are!

Big deal that someone loses a little bit of xp from being out of range

And im sure if you ask a rusher to mark the boss death they would. Because they did when i wasnt a rusher

Really if you are gonna cry about little bit of xp from a boss kill thats just stupid. or if you cry over little xp missed from a couple of kills is also dumb. Jeez you people love being spoon fed, you just sit on your asses and make this game way too easy for those who seek a little challenge. 

I dont know about you guys but i really hope they are spoon feeding us these goodies (guns, mods ect.) so we can stand up to new content from Vor's Prize. 

Look up "Sarcasta Ball Southpark". Watch that episode and see the meaning behind it. Thats how i see things in this game at the moment. 

If your going add these doors might as well add a panic button for frames that stop enemies from coming to our POD so it will regenerate. While your at it why not just add an AFK button that prevents your player from taking damage SO YOU CAN GO AND PEE AND MAKE SOME CEREAL. HOW long before this game is too east on the players and it just ends up becoming a grind fest for void keys..oh wait its sort of already like that.

Screw it im wasting my breath, i said what i had to which was alot of people dont want those damn doors, and the few that do are a small number.   Saying you dont mind, and saying you want the doors there..in the end, theres no difference

Sick of wasting my time on this topic. I dont give a F*** anymore, keep those doors and spoon feed the weak and undeserving players. In the end ill know im the best while the rest are wearing bibs on their warframes

Edited by RazerSnake1994

This topic gave me a déjà-vu :)

Here my own quote

People rush because its effective. It gets the job done. If your goal is to get the mission reward that is.

Not necessarily because its fun or anything.

DE is trying to deliver a gaming experience that focuses around being a space ninja. And not Flash or Sonic the Hedgehog.

When you rush you avoid many dificulties that the game is trying to get you to solve. Like defeating enemies. You generally miss out on a lot when you speedrun with volts speed buff as Loki while using melee helicopter attacks to fly through the whole map in an instant.

This is excately what made the Sling-Stone Event so freaking boring and repetetive. I don't want it and I encourage DE to remove these exploitive and boring game elements.

This topic gave me a déjà-vu :)

Here my own quote

Sooo you want them to make mission more interesting rather then in and out/ rinse and repeat.

So do i, I find the mission boring which is what makes me rush

instead of doors in the way why not add an interesting mini objective that can make the main objective more interesting

Like doing this mini objective will result in more heavy gunners but if you do it the other way it results in more light armor enemies.

Sooo you want them to make mission more interesting rather then in and out/ rinse and repeat.

So do i, I find the mission boring which is what makes me rush

instead of doors in the way why not add an interesting mini objective that can make the main objective more interesting

Like doing this mini objective will result in more heavy gunners but if you do it the other way it results in more light armor enemies.

I agree. There are many ways to slow players down instead of punishing them. Creating interesting opportunites and rewarding them generously so that rushing turns out to be a bad idea. Player rush because its so rewarding in the end. How about rewarding players for not rushing?

I am fine with lockdown tbh. They don't appear too often and you can counter this mechanic (with killing enemies faster). Its a nice turn of events. How about more of these kind of mechanics? Look at the objectices of Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer. We had these missions every 3 waves that players were looking forward to. It changed the repetetive game objective of kill and survive into something interesting and rewarded players for doing it.

Like assasinate 4 targets (one after another). Sounds lame but in the end you had a change in your priorities! It had a huge impact on the decision making process of the player. Now imagine that Lotus askes us Tenno to assasinate one or two random NPC's in order to resume the main objective and then reward us with credits or what ever. Players would start to stand still and look for the targets. The pace, our priorities and decisions would suddenly change and by getting rewarded by it we are looking forward for these kind of changes during missions.

What about Stalker? Why can we simply outrun him? Why is there no requirement to kill him in order to do the main objective? Why doesn't Lotus say "Change in plans. Kill that abomination before proceeding with the mission!"

How about we have to defend a hacking process for 2-3 minutes while enemies storm our location?

How about we activate 2-4 consoles before we can enter the next room. Or deliver a key that spawns within the same tile we are standing in tile and deliver it to the door to proceed?

Just some random happenings that make us stop from storming through the whole tile in an instant and that change the way we play here and then?

Not too often of cause. This should not get an annoying habit. Running through tiles and killing enemies that are in our way should be the norm.

Well with over 800hours into this game i have yet to see a rusher cause any harm.

Not my fault some people move like they have the hobble key on. lol

But like i said i help people but i get punished with an annoying door because little noobs cried because they arent being spoon fed more then they already are!

And im sure if you ask a rusher to mark the boss death they would. Because they did when i wasnt a rusher

Really if you are gonna cry about little bit of xp from a boss kill thats just stupid. or if you cry over little xp missed from a couple of kills is also dumb. Jeez you people love being spoon fed, you just sit on your asses and make this game way too easy for those who seek a little challenge. 

I dont know about you guys but i really hope they are spoon feeding us these goodies (guns, mods ect.) so we can stand up to new content from Vor's Prize. 

Look up "Sarcasta Ball Southpark". Watch that episode and see the meaning behind it. Thats how i see things in this game at the moment. 

If your going add these doors might as well add a panic button for frames that stop enemies from coming to our POD so it will regenerate. While your at it why not just add an AFK button that prevents your player from taking damage SO YOU CAN GO AND PEE AND MAKE SOME CEREAL. HOW long before this game is too east on the players and it just ends up becoming a grind fest for void keys..oh wait its sort of already like that.

Screw it im wasting my breath, i said what i had to which was alot of people dont want those damn doors, and the few that do are a small number.   Saying you dont mind, and saying you want the doors there..in the end, theres no difference

Sick of wasting my time on this topic. I dont give a F*** anymore, keep those doors and spoon feed the weak and undeserving players. In the end ill know im the best while the rest are wearing bibs on their warframes

wow,

Such attitude

much skeelz

so pr0

N00b can suckz their wang.

really, why rusher dont go alone if they feel slower player a burden? what the point going on multiplayer if they playing alone?

Grineer have Double doors(outside of Phobos) now. it's a new addition. Corpus have had them for a long time, but that was the only place.

Infested having Double doors would be interesting, though. Space Zombies can apparently pilot spacecraft, so i wonder what else they can do.

on topic:

the only information the OP has stated, is he doesn't like that the game is telling him to play Co-op, and to play with his fellow Tenno when he's playing Online.

i think you have your matchmaking settings set wrong. they should read 'Solo', not 'Online'. 

if you are playing Online, you must deal with everything that comes. see how you can't end a mission by being the only one in extraction? yeah, it's because it's a Co-op game. 

you also speak about yourself as if you are a raging group of Tenno, when you are the minority. if all you care about is going as fast as possible, you shouldn't be playing Multiplayer games. 

you seem to misunderstand that you are infact the minority, not people who are indifferent to these Double Doors. 

i don't mind waiting a few seconds to regroup at such times. i don't use Zoren either, because they go far too fast and i overshoot targets, but i do sometimes get ahead of even other long time Tenno, because i use shortcuts to navigate through rooms. it's just a natural habit, it's natural for me to navigate like that in a fast-paced game. but that doesn't mean i'm going have a hernia if i can't always go as fast as i normally go.

i also don't mind waiting for other Tenno for a short while in missions such as Mobile Defenses. after about a minute or so, they're on their own, but i have no problem waiting for some Tenno off doing something else. maybe they're looting the side rooms, whatever.

on a mission such as a Mobile Defense, the XP difference for everyone - INCLUDING YOURSELF - can be a difference of recieving 9000XP for your gun, instead of 30,000XP. 

by leaving your Tenno behind, everyone gets less XP. 

what's amusing, is that responses like these show who truly is doing something wrong, and who is not. 

you may string as long a line of insults as you can, but they only show how composed you are incapable of being. which nullifies any possible legitimate argument you have had.

edit:

This is excately what made the Sling-Stone Event so freaking boring and repetetive. I don't want it and I encourage DE to remove these exploitive and boring game elements.

i agree, except for dual weapons giving a speed boost. Zoren are kind've dumb, but i certainly enjoy the reasonable speed boost Fangs give, it allows me to be highly mobile with my melee's to position them better against the enemies(and guns, but that's a given). i still want to be able to use maneuvers to achieve greater range, and etc - so that i may use my melee's that require more speed and dexterity to use effectively, but i agree, that i don't want to be skipping 2 or 3 rooms at a time with a spindash. i have no need to go that fast, other than to laugh at it once and never do it again.

that being said, the knowledge and timing to increase my mobility as such is interesting at times. those little things do make games more enjoyable for me. i make my own objectives on the fly usually, getting my movements just right, not missing a single shot, etc.

Edited by taiiat