Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rng Complaints Need To Stop.

FrothingLoins

Just weighing in real quick like on all these "X area drops, Y item drop" problems. There'd be some oomph to those statements if this was any other game but Moarfarm. There is quite literally nothing to do in this game besides farm. There is no other incentive to do missions apart from rewards. The actual game client is nearly devoid of story or immersion of any form. One corpus planet is just like every other corpus planet and that can be said for every other kind of mission.

The game is in beta, so naturally things will be missing. WHICH MAKES THIS POINT EVEN MORE IMPORTANT. At this point in time there is no reason to play warframe besides farm.

You farm to farm so you can farm with new tools to farm new crops so you can farm.

Edit to reinforce point: Take Gyms/ The Elite four out of Pokemon and what do you have?

Gotta Catch Em All because reasons!

Warframe: "Gotta farm em all!"

----

Let's try this point from a different angle!

RNG is NOT  the problem! The problem with Warframe is the fact that there is absolutely NOTHING in this game to do BESIDES farm. If Warframe had end-game mechanics that were enjoyable on their own, an immersive story and something to "experience" outside of what different weapons do and how different frames act then RNG would not be bothersome.

I hate to do it but I'm going to fall back on MMORPGs for this topic. I was a hardcore MMORPG player that worked with "clans/guilds/teams" that were ranked from 30th in the world to as high as 13th in the world. Why did I do it? Epic exclusive loot / E-peen was a part of it, I will not deny that. But the vast majority of why I devoted the majority of my free time to "raiding" was to experience the hardest content available. To survive and overcome challenges that 99% of the global playerbase could not manage. I wanted to experience game stretching mechanics and amazing new concepts.

Warframe does not offer this. J-2000 golem was A HUGE, GLORIOUS STEP in the right direction. Unfortunately, it was the first step on the road to High Hrothgar.

Edited by FrothingLoins

The game is in beta, so naturally things will be missing. WHICH MAKES THIS POINT EVEN MORE IMPORTANT. At this point in time there is no reason to play warframe besides farm.

You farm to farm so you can farm with new tools to farm new crops so you can farm.

#harsh

Wait so you are saying we shouldn't complain about rng while you're complaining about rng AND grind?

My point is that this is beta and clearly DE is focusing this aspect of the beta on Warframe's skeleton. There's only so much this skeleton can do. Complaining about RNG when all there is to do is farm is silly.

"I can't get my Paris Prime!"

Why is that Paris Prime so important? What are you going to do with it once you get it?

You are going to farm something else. Once you farm that, what is next?

Moarfarm.

My point is that this is beta and clearly DE is focusing this aspect of the beta on Warframe's skeleton. There's only so much this skeleton can do. Complaining about RNG when all there is to do is farm is silly.

Why is that Paris Prime so important? What are you going to do with it once you get it?

Moarfarm.

I think it's more about wanting real content, if there's no real content soonish then there won't a lot of people left to test it.

Moarfarm.

Because adding weapons, powercreep, weapons, grind, weapons is the skeleton of WF.

No, like General_Krull said, it's because people want REAL content, not grindgates.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

What you're failing to understand here is that RNG is not the same thing as grinding.  I am fine with grinding; I've done that for months already.  But I hate RNG with a passion because it undermines your sense of accomplishment (hooray, you finally got lucky), and means that if you are unlucky, you are literally wasting your time.  I don't care if there is some randomness to the grind, but it shouldn't be based entirely on luck.

It's sad because the game could be so much more.

I have faith in DE that more is coming.

I mean we're late in Beta and they are ripping apart a crucial system (Armor). They are working hard to make this game great, they just have a different schedule to get things done on.

I will agree the constant piecemeal "filler" content and stopgaps are frustrating, but it's the grease that lubricates the gears and keeps this beta going. If the community stays positive with DE and acts like beta-testers rather than spoiled fans there would probably be more interaction between the moderators and the community.

Very few people who post on this beta forum provide worthy feedback or thoughts to DE. Most of the "feedback" is entitled whining.

Just weighing in real quick like on all these "X area drops, Y item drop" problems. There'd be some oomph to those statements if this was any other game but Moarfarm. There is quite literally nothing to do in this game besides farm. There is no other incentive to do missions apart from rewards. The actual game client is nearly devoid of story or immersion of any form. One corpus planet is just like every other corpus planet and that can be said for every other kind of mission.

Edit to reinforce point: Take Gyms/ The Elite four out of Pokemon and what do you have?

Gotta Catch Em All because reasons!

Warframe: "Gotta farm em all!"

The game should be fun to play on its own. If the only enjoyment you get out of it is finishing a long grind I don't understand why you even play.

Complaining about the rng is completely valid, because at this point, anything else we've tried to get it across to tone it down/re-work it/remove it/rebuild it/etc. has just NOT gotten through to the big giant head. The newest update is rng hidden behind rng. We're now grinding to grind so that we can experience TWICE the rng....

I don't know what else one can expect BUT complaining to be honest... This is, what, the 30th time the game's populous has said to not stick in any more rng, and they stick more in anyways? Clearer heads may prevail eventually, but there's always a weight limit to the camel's back. One more straw just might break it, so I understand if the camel wants to spit at the guy who keeps putting more straw on despite the camel's obvious protests...

Edited by ToeSama

Please reread the first post. I elaborated!

I read your addition, and RNG is STILL the problem. Why you ask? each time you do a run, unless you get what you wanted, it was a waste of a run, and has very little sense of progression as it's ENTIRELY luck based. RNG is fine if there is a backup, like tokens, but there is no such thing currently.

To make matters worse, they keep adding more RNG based grinding ontop of RNG based grinding.

See the problem and why the complaints still keep coming?

I read your addition, and RNG is STILL the problem. Why you ask? each time you do a run, unless you get what you wanted, it was a waste of a run, and has very little sense of progression as it's ENTIRELY luck based. RNG is fine if there is a backup, like tokens, but there is no such thing currently.

To make matters worse, they keep adding more RNG based grinding ontop of RNG based grinding.

See the problem and why the complaints still keep coming?

Please do not interpret this as me being a $&*^.

But you clearly do not comprehend "progression." There CANNOT be progress with no GOAL in sight. There is NO GOAL in Warframe. It is literally "Moarfarm". Please explain to me how DE introducing a structured loot system to Warframe would assuage the issue of grind-related burn out / game longevity? No matter how you achieve your desired weapon in Warframe, it is nothing more than a stop gap. You use that weapon to grind the next weapon / warframe. This process continues until you have caught them all...Then you go on hiatus and wait til the next "Tenno reinforcement".

THAT is the PROBLEM. The fact that Warframe offers literally NOTHING to enjoy besides "loot" is the problem. There is no challenge to overcome, no plot to engage. There is NOTHING to do but grind. An endless grind is an endless grind is an endless grind.

RNG is not the problem man. POINTLESS GRINDING IS.

RNG is NOT  the problem! The problem with Warframe is the fact that there is absolutely NOTHING in this game to do BESIDES farm. If Warframe had end-game mechanics that were enjoyable on their own, an immersive story and something to "experience" outside of what different weapons do and how different frames act then RNG would not be bothersome.

I would like you to stop complaining about the complaining of RNG!  How bout dem apples?!?

Anyway, that aside, RNG going now, rather than later would kind of force the Devs to put a progression in the game that could be used to put a Story in Warframe.  I know story is the enemy of DE now, but lets look at an example.

Mercury is big bad grineer and Venus is just around the corner.

What if a junk electrical mod for each weapon dropped off Vor on Mercury with a little popup that said something like, "Tenno prepare for the devil capitalist corpus with these electrical mods that Vor used to protect his territory from them!"

BOOM, more lore than we have now and something that is not RNG, OMG DE may have to go out of business if something was as fun and easy for a new player like that.  We should not allow DE to be so giving with base rank 0 frigin electric damage mods.

EDIT: After Venus this could be done in several places to not only throw the player a bone, but actually teach them a bit about enemies as they go.  WHAT IF! the uber spamage of number 4 was taught to the player.  First time the player survives 15 minutes, BOOM, FLOW mod, or one of the other dumbass power mods you have to use to make your warframe's powers do anything useful drops with the first key. Message pops up, "Welcome TENNO to the void, you will need to spam your number 4 key like a 14 year old korean gamer on cocaine to get through, may this blessed technology of DERebecca *cough* lotus prepare you for the ultimate in content bypassing." /sarcasm I never claimed to be a writer.

Edited by Nickeltoe

I would like you to stop complaining about the complaining of RNG!  How bout dem apples?!?

Anyway, that aside, RNG going now, rather than later would kind of force the Devs to put a progression in the game that could be used to put a Story in Warframe.  I know story is the enemy of DE now, but lets look at an example.

Mercury is big bad grineer and Venus is just around the corner.

What if a junk electrical mod for each weapon dropped off Vor on Mercury with a little popup that said something like, "Tenno prepare for the devil capitalist corpus with these electrical mods that Vor used to protect his territory from them!"

BOOM, more lore than we have now and something that is not RNG, OMG DE may have to go out of business if something was as fun and easy for a new player like that.  We should not allow DE to be so giving with base rank 0 frigin electric damage mods.

...You do realize that fusion cores are used to level up mods right? You only need one of the base mod! From there you can level up mods with cores.

And cores drop like CANDY.

BUT I do agree, LORE IS EASY TO IMPLEMENT.

League of Legends had GREAT Lore prior to season 2 beginning. But RIOT games realized..."THERES NO MONEY IN STORY! MORE TEEEEEMOSKINNNNS".

DE however has decided "Rather than start story and elaborate...Let's just save the effort and not do it."

At least, that's how it really feels. I WOULD VOLUNTEER to WRITE for Warframe.

I would contribute MY FREE TIME to writing lore for an established gaming company.

Edited by FrothingLoins