Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What keeps you playing Railjack IF you still play it?

DreisterDino

Hey there,

with the recent revisit of Railjack, my thoughts could be summed up like this:

"Some changes sound good, about others i dont know. To find out, i need to test it"

But the problem is, i cant find any reason to care about these changes as long as Railjack is nothing but the same mission on ~40 "different" Tiles with no variation or goals.

This was also my initial feedback about it when Railjack released 6 months ago, and it was the same with Bounties in the OpenWorlds to this day.

The lack of variation simply kills it for me, and even if i would love every single change or adjustment they make, it doesnt change the fact that there is not much to do.

I just hope that they add new mission types asap, this doesnt even have to be anything fancy like the capital ships they showed on Tennocons.

I mean, Warframe already has handful of different mission types, even if they just copy/paste some mission types like Defense/Survival/MobileDefense/Interception with some slight adjustments to make it work with Railjack it would make the experience a hundred times better. I think especially some endless modes would add a lot to this. This could also motivate me to further improve my Railjack - right now its pretty decent and i can solo missions in the Veil (all Intrinsics on R7, good Railjack-Components, good Weapons, most of the Avionics besides some like VoidHole which i probably wouldnt enjoy anyway) but without some endless Modes where i can try to push myself i see no reason to mindlessly farm everything to the max since it already works well.

So what keeps you playing if you are still playing?

1. Are you playing it just for fun and nothing else?
  2. Are you just playing to grind for Intrinsics and Components?
  3. Are you playing to "prepare" for something that might come in the distant future?
  4. Are you playing for a completly different reason?

For me, Point 1 doesnt do it because as long as every mission is the same, it gets boring pretty fast. Point 2 doesnt do the trick aswell because i dont want to repeat something again and again for Rewards that only help me in a gamemode i wont play anyway when i am done grinding. I also dont think i need to "prepare" for something as mentioned in Point 3, the past years have shown that basically all Content is more than doable even with average Loadouts - there once was a time where i thought i need to have the best stuff available to be prepared for the challenging part - but that never came and Scarlet Spear has shown once again that you dont need a lot to be able to do the Content. And regarding Point 4, i simply cant find a different reason besides fun/grind 😉

• Like 8

Railjack offers a new gameplay loop instead of the usual corridor or open world style Warframe, hence why I am still playing it. Well once I maxed out my intrinsics I'll probably not touching Railjack as all other gamemodes that is "one and done" or don't have evergreen rewards. Hopefully they will add Railjack sorties and Railjack Void Fissures. 

Edited by DrivaMain
  • Like 2

vor 12 Minuten schrieb DrivaMain:

Railjack offers a new gameplay loop instead of the usual corridor or open world style Warframe, hence why I am still playing it. Well once we I maxed out my intrinsics I'll probably not touching Railjack as all other gamemodes that is "one and done" or don't have evergreen rewards.

So basically a mix of Point 1 and 2, but Point 2 (grind) being the important factor?

I understand your reason, and i also liked the different gameplay loop for a bit, but as explained with no variation it got boring so i will not continue grinding just for the sake of grinding.

As with the Evergreen Rewards - this could also be something to keep us playing - right now everything you can earn are ressources more or less exclusive to Railjack to craft things you only need once basically. And it wouldnt hurt if these Evergreen Rewards arent exclusive to Railjack but also useful in other parts of the game.

I didnt even mention the common criticism of Railjack being a Content Island, but your point kinda reminded me of that 😄

This could be partially solved by handing out rewards that are useful in other parts of the game aswell (and i am not talking about these Relic Drops, those are basically a slap in the face compared to the other Rewards you can get 😛) or by letting us do stuff like opening Relics in Railjack aswell (though i dont see that coming at all, DE didnt even add that to the OpenWorlds which are still closer to the standard Warframe gameplay than Railjack)...

Edited by DreisterDino

It's somewhat enjoyable.

At the moment my goal is to have a maxed out version of each weapon/component with the bonus I like on the components. This is actually really close as I had nearly every weapon with 50%+ bonuses already so it's like 1 drop of each.

Beyond that I'd like to collect the intrinsics, but there's no way I'm wasting my life on 4 0.075% drops on unrewarding, repetitive missions. I don't like buying them off other players, especially since they're mediocre effects and being obscenely rare, people will charge through the nose for them.

Guess I'll just live without them and abandon the mode until real content is added to it or it's implemented into the rest of the game.

• Like 1

RJ isn't a different game, it's a mission type. This is like asking "who's playing sanctuary onslaught? It's just one mission" or "whos playing disruption? It's the same mission type!" 

I play it for a changes of pace. It's something to do. I'll go through progression and then maybe stop. It's Warframe. You don't have to marathon one mission until your sick of it. 

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 14

I still run anomalies occasionally, mainly to get Intrinsincs, a chance at a Vidar Mk3 Reactor, and gather a stockpile of Anomaly Shards in case we need them again in the future. i do also really like the Sentient tileset. my Railjack is fully upgraded, But I usually try to join another squad to help. a lot of the time though, their Railjacks are weak and they end up mostly using Archwing.

I will also say this: even if you don't like Railjack, you should still consider playing it until you at least have something that can handle Veil missions, because future content is likely going to require Railjack, and thus anyone who doesn't have a ship that can handle the content will get left behind. nobody will want to see the inevitable "but muh weak Railjack" posts from someone who ignored the mode, only to have it bite them in the a$$ later on.

• Like 3

Haven't played RJ since the update yet but before that I personally think that Railjack always was - in the situations it worked and didn't bug out obviously - a very fun and enjoyable game mode. Now with the improvements and changes it might become even more fun as I won't be locked into very specific times e. G. When farming anomalies so that's good for my motivation kekw

• Like 1

I love it. I just love it. Like the old Guns of Icarus, I got my crew, they know what they're doing, I know what I'm doing, and I get the big seat.
I think a lot of people think that railjack could have been better based on their own imagination of the initial spoilers. Your own faults, don't expect so much, you're entitled to nothing, they owe you nothing and they did great on it.

• Like 9

I would play RJ if it didn't require a dry dock in your dojo, I like to keep my dojo small and orderly for trading and research only. So I'll never play RJ until there's a community dry docks ie. like maroos bazaar. The dry dock in the dojo increases load time significantly and I'm constantly going to my dojo to trade. Besides, the only reason I would want to play is for the mastery rank purely, nothing else in it looks new or interesting.

• Like 2

The game mode itself is somewhat enjoyable. Make no mistake, I'd really like there to be more railjack gameplay as well, but that's because I find to core systems quite fun in and of themselves. I'm really fond of the idea of a defense mission where there's two 'stages' to it, the spaceship fighting of course, but you can also board the defence target to get rid of enemies aboard it and repair it.

I stow away on the battleships, make myself useful, listen to the pleasing hum of the reactors and the guns and the inertial dampeners as we swoop around like a Star Trek battle remastered. 

And I earn affinity and intrinsics and late-game materials passively while making new friends 🙂

• Like 1

Absolutely nothing.

Logged in after the most recent update and realize there is literally 0 content that draws me into the game. They can rework RJ 100 times over, it doesn't change the fact that there is nothing interesting to do in it once you've unlocked all the nodes and farmed the essentials. 

• Like 5

vor 7 Stunden schrieb White_Matter:

Absolutely nothing.

Logged in after the most recent update and realize there is literally 0 content that draws me into the game. They can rework RJ 100 times over, it doesn't change the fact that there is nothing interesting to do in it once you've unlocked all the nodes and farmed the essentials. 

I am normally the first defending a game for its fun and gameplay but this is the reason it fails, it is one big Warframe you mod and adjust, gameplay wise it not changes, with the main game i can switch weapons and frames at least, this is fly around and shoot, with no mission diversity and the things you grind are boring and slow and the things that would be useful like Umbra Forma, which i not care for personally but nice to have if you have it, got removed to farm from veil before me and friends even got there.

So this whole content island is basically Eidolons, farm the same thing over and over to farm more efficent while disconnected from the main game.

Edited by Marine027
Typos
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, DreisterDino said:

I wanted to try out the new update,

but since I already know that I'd need to basically mod my ship from scratch my motivation is basically zero, and now I can't be bothered to even log in.

à l’instant, o0Despair0o a dit :

but since I already know that I'd need to basically mod my ship from scratch my motivation is basically zero, and now I can't be bothered to even log in.

Oh boy, modding ? In Warframe ? Oh no... What are we gonna do.

Il y a 3 heures, DreisterDino a dit :

1. Are you playing it just for fun and nothing else?
  2. Are you just playing to grind for Intrinsics and Components?
  3. Are you playing to "prepare" for something that might come in the distant future?
  4. Are you playing for a completly different reason?

1)Fun
2)Credits, I have some builds that require me more credits, while I do enjoy index, I farmed alot of it recently, getting some through railjack would be a nice change.

3) I love space combat, especially the mix of archwing, railjack, and boarding ships.

As it stands right now, revisited railjack part 1 made it too easy on fully equipped ship. This make the whole squad fly around with archwing Amesha, not caring about the ship safety. It's not fun to watch, trying solo you can even see that it's possible to solo a whole veil proxima battle with just your archwing, never going back to your ship if you parked it in an asteroid.
I'm expecting things to adjust with more updates, but in the meantime, I'll try to balance my own games by modifying my ship gear. Maybe make it more fair that way.

If not I'll just go back to solo and friends play. This Amesha meta is horrifying.

• Like 2

I would play it a little more if I could solo the harder content a little faster on my own with say a quality of life adjustment to Void Cloak simply because my friends are not that into Warframe and I would like to go after Anomaly shards for Rivens let alone the credits.

...My ship was already fast due to coming across an exceptional engine at the start of Railjack so squirting across a map in a single boost with the extra slide at the end wasn't an issue. So I've known for a long time how much fun this mode could be when or if DE ripped off the brakes and gave the Rail Jack some speed for everyone else...regardless I'm salivating on the base stat speed changes coming for consoles and what my engine is going to do with it.

I know me..so I'll be playing it solo mostly for credit farming considering the boost they gave it in the simple exterminates till my friends come back for whatever the big event is that DE puts out that tears them away from the game of month. Meanwhile I'll just be trying to finish out my intrinsics.

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

with this update RJ finally got in line with the fast paced gameplay of ground missions. Played it a few times and felt good. However there's still only extermination mission, so I'm waiting again for deadlock protocol which will bring more diverse gameplay. Another thing to wait for is RJ open space where you can be a space pirate or a space police