Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What keeps you playing Railjack IF you still play it?

DreisterDino

il y a 8 minutes, o0Despair0o a dit :

We got a real funny guy over here, people.

If you think about it, modding your railjack is easier than modding your whole ground arsenal. But yes, it all is pretty funny.
More seriously, you shouldn't let that small step stopping you from playing the update if you want to try it.

It really doesn't take that long.

Edited by STUVash
  • Like 1

It's just a cool little thing to do.

Unfortunatelly It's getting kinda boring. I want more mission types and more enemy types. And a much clearer description for the missions.

Also I hope the Duviri Paradox will be tied to it because I want this system to be more than just some side thing. And I don't really care if anyone feels like that would force Rj on them.

• Like 1

I don't know, I guess I find it a fun change of pace.

+ With the current changes I'm gaining ~10 intrinsics per (what is now a casual) 3 min run, so those last 3x1500 MR points are looking realistic.

P.S. also, since now a maxed build on RJ is possible it ticks with the completionist in me.

Edited by Ver1dian

9 hours ago, Leyers_of_facade said:

First remove the 4092 intrinsic cap, otherwise not touching the gamemode xD

Dont exaggerate man. I went from 0 everything to everything 6.

Even if you dont like scarlet spear you dont have an excuse to even not be 1 1 1 1.

7 hours ago, Marine027 said:

I am normally the first defening a game for its fun and gameplay but this is the reason it fails, it is one big Warframe you mod and adjust, gameplay wise it not changes, with the main game i can switch weapons and frames atleast, this is fly around and shoot, with no mission diversity and the things you grind are boring and slow and the things taht would be useful like Umbra Forma, which i not care for personalyl but nice to have if you have it, got removed to farm from veil before me and friends even got there.

So this whole content island is basically EIdolons, farm the same thing over and over to farm more efficent while disconnected from the main game.

You're not disconnected from the main game....A tridolon is 30minutes then you *poof* go back to your navigator and could hypothetically play the rest of the games content for another 4 hours...

vor 8 Stunden schrieb ProjectPeachy:

I think a lot of people think that railjack could have been better based on their own imagination of the initial spoilers. Your own faults, don't expect so much, you're entitled to nothing, they owe you nothing and they did great on it.

Dont know if this is directed at me, but anyway...

I explicitly said that what needs to be added doesnt need to be anything fancy like shown in the Tennocon Advertisments.

Besides that, "they owe you nothing" is somewhat true. I also owe them nothing. But what has that to do with anything?

If my criticism is that every single mission is the same its not about them owing me something - its simply about gamedesign and where it is lacking. I didnt ask them to send me a letter of gratitude for playing their game or some floofs as a thank you to me, i made a point about what i think is still missing. (and looking at this topic and discussion with other people, i am not alone with this opinion).

Besides that, i really dont want to go into this whole discussion about the great differences between what they promise to us at Tennocons and Devstreams and what we actually get (i made my opinion clear in other topics) but i still think its reasonable to say that Railjack needs more than Exterminate on repeat in order to become a success. And again, i just requested some copy/paste gamemodes which are still existing in the actual game - none of the fake hype stuff they have shown at Tennocons.

Capital Ships, Liches, Squadlink, Command Tree and all the cool stuff which was promised still missing? Ok thats kinda sad, but i could accept that.

But if all of that is missing, they could at least add some variation by adding gamemodes which are still existing the game.

Just imagine the whole normal Starchart from Earth to Eris being only Exterminate and nothing else. Fun, isn't it?

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Loza03:

The game mode itself is somewhat enjoyable. Make no mistake, I'd really like there to be more railjack gameplay as well, but that's because I find to core systems quite fun in and of themselves.

To some people i might sound like one of those guys who simply hates on everything, but thats not the case.

I like the core systems of Railjack aswell, but it can only be entertaining for some time if there is absolutly no variation.

I also still like the concept of OpenWorlds in Warframe, even if they are just a huge Tileset and not really an OpenWorld.

Thats the reason why i still post feedback about them, and Railjack somwhat reminds about them in terms of repetitiveness (Bounties anyone?^^),

and i just hope that Railjack doesnt remain Exterminate on repeat for another 2 years...

vor 6 Stunden schrieb _Urakaze_:

deadlock protocol which will bring more diverse gameplay.

Are there any statements from DE about what will come with deadlick protocol regarding Railjack we can rely on and take for granted?

• Like 1

Right now it is just for fun. I actually find the space combat fun. It is still a novelty to me.

I also see the vast potential as well. Right now we are just dealing with crewships and a few troublesome stations (ship killer, hangar, etc)

However... like one rare mission I stumbled into, you could be facing a galleon sized ship. The one we ran into had a full stage loaded out with a captain that it needed killing. That was awesome and that is what I see the future entailing.

The little railjack dealing with larger battleships that might be similar to the railjack. Or facing off against full operating galleons launching crew ships and fighters at you. Basically some really intense big ship battles. 😄

Mhh, the fact that i started try it 1 week ago maybe (got to saturn for now.)

But tbh it make me miss Privateer 2 (a 24 yo game) in the state it is now (on ps4), look like starting late i missed all the nice exploits/stuff (repair drones, keeping XP when aborting missions,now, if after 40 mins in a mission my railjack get destroyed for no reason, seen usually is parked at 20 km's, i get nothing, also funny how Cy can tell you when the ship is gonna blow up but CANT tell you it got boarded lol).

Somewhere around that forum i seen someone define the railjack an AAA game lmao, guess he never played something good (is railjack is AAA then what is stuff like the X saga? another "very recent" game btw but still way better than any railjack lol).

Gonna try it again when the revisited version come to the PS4 but as for now, 1 run every then and now (to see if can drop seeker volley but look like is the same of Crushing ruin minus the transmute chance, actually how i got it at the end) is more than enough.

It's a ship.

I have a raging hardon for naval combat even if most (if not all) naval games are bad. It's just the cross I must bear for having excellent taste.

I kinda wish the main guns fired slow but hit hard, while the side guns fired fast but hit light. I also wish that the primary guns fired in either a volley or an alpha strike (alternating between the two via alt mode middle mouse button).

I also wish there were combined intrinsic, like if you had Gunnery, Piloting, and Tactics up to a point you could enter a third person mode for the entire ship and coordinate all guns on a single target in a Broadside firing maneuver. Silly stuff like that gets me jumping in my seat.

I play because I literally just want the biggest, baddest ship. Virtually no other reason. I just wish I could use my ship to actually destroy targets like crewships from the outside without gunnery V. I swore that was what "O R D I N A N C E" was for but maybe I'm just crazy.

I'm doomed to play these abandonware game modes because I literally have no other choice that feels fun.

• Like 2

I don't play Railjack.  I don't know anyone who plays this game, and I've had enough experience with random teams to know that I'm not even slightly interested in dealing with that.  The ship itself isn't fun to fly, the enemies aren't fun to fight, and the rewards aren't worth the effort it takes to get them.  I bought the "railjack" themed weapon set, I've already unlocked the Shedu (and then DE broke it) and I can't think of any other reason to subject myself to it.

I think that Railjack is just another "content island," disconnected from everything else and with no real reason to go there once someone has the story and weapons unlocks.  There is only one kind of mission that repeats over and over, and the primary rewards are only useful for making Railjack slightly less tedious.  The new changes just move numbers around - they don't change the basic gameplay loop.  Which (for me) still isn't fun or interesting.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EmberStar said:

I don't play Railjack.  I don't know anyone who plays this game, and I've had enough experience with random teams to know that I'm not even slightly interested in dealing with that.  The ship itself isn't fun to fly, the enemies aren't fun to fight, and the rewards aren't worth the effort it takes to get them.  I bought the "railjack" themed weapon set, I've already unlocked the Shedu (and then DE broke it) and I can't think of any other reason to subject myself to it.

I think that Railjack is just another "content island," disconnected from everything else and with no real reason to go there once someone has the story and weapons unlocks.  There is only one kind of mission that repeats over and over, and the primary rewards are only useful for making Railjack slightly less tedious.  The new changes just move numbers around - they don't change the basic gameplay loop.  Which (for me) still isn't fun or interesting.

So TL:DR : Railjack isn’t my cup of tea. Will you quit the game once DE starts to force Railjack to the main game or will you adapt I wonder?

7 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

So TL:DR : Railjack isn’t my cup of tea. Will you quit the game once DE starts to force Railjack to the main game or will you adapt I wonder?

I hope they start forcing it into the game and sneaking it into places like they did archwing.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

Dont exaggerate man. I went from 0 everything to everything 6.

Even if you dont like scarlet spear you dont have an excuse to even not be 1 1 1 1.

I am already 10 10 10 10

there is simply no reason to touch the gamemode anymore

17 hours ago, DreisterDino said:

So what keeps you playing if you are still playing?

1. Are you playing it just for fun and nothing else?
  2. Are you just playing to grind for Intrinsics and Components?
  3. Are you playing to "prepare" for something that might come in the distant future?
  4. Are you playing for a completly different reason?

I've been playing Railjack since it first released, and always had lots of fun with it.

This last update didn't really change much for me, since I already had everything maxed and top notch gear/avionics.

The game play itself had a few improvements that I enjoy, namely how the ships spawn ( faster and nearby ) which speeds the pace of the mission. 

It did made things considerably easier, but for me that is not relevant, since it was already easy before. Went from Solo completing a Veil mission in 6 minutes, to doing it in 4 minutes, but that's basically it and it's not because of the enemy nerf, but rather because of the spawn change.

To your questions:

1. I don't really play if I'm not having fun

2. I'm also chasing a few components I still need for fusion, to finish maxing my collection of all house components/armaments vs. each bonus perk vs. 2x for weapons ( in case I want to have 2x on front and side guns ). Also farming the new Avionics that came out with this release, missing only one ATM.

3. Yes, trying to get collect everything and maxing all out, but I also know that DE making this so brain dead easy as they just did, it's probably kind of pointless if we assume this is the direction they are aiming for

4. I some times play just to help players new to Railjack. Usually by joining random squads on early Earth nodes ( and I also get some resources in the process so win-win )

I'm pretty sure we're playing for the core gameplay, so perhaps look at why things like fishing and mining done right while animal capture and k-drive done wrong?

It's because as fun as it is to just chill around, by the end of the day, those minigames translate to resources that we can craft our zaw/kitgun (ignoring the thumper farm as i dont know if it completely made mining 100% redundant).

so looking at RJ, only way I can see to make people play it more if FKIN Umbra Forma BP can be farmed more reliably. Some dope reward that can't be farm anywhere else while NOT having shtty droprate would be welcomed.

I never liked Archwing missions. I did them once to open the map and stayed away from them as much as possible.

I was mildly interested in the Railjack. The story was interesting enough to go after the parts. I built it and marveled at its size in the Dry Dock (I spent more time walking on the exterior of it than I did the interior). I had no interest in flying it.

AND THEN, Scarlet Spear came around and opened both those worlds to me in a new way. All of a sudden, I really cared about figuring out how to beef up my Archwing and I scrambled to build Archweapons and other Archwings (I was flying the default one with default weapons still, never having ranked them to 30 after nearly 200 login days).

I think the magic of Scarlet Spear, for me, was that the Archwing was no longer a dreaded, inferior combat system... it was a means of insertion (like Scuba gear for SEALs). The Railjack was no longer a simplified flight sim, it was a rapid transit team deployment vessel (like a Swift Boat). Keeping the "boat" afloat long enough for it to deliver us to the objective was interesting and I enjoyed the brief transit tasks of patching holes, thwarting boarders and stuffing the forges. Using the Archwing to get me from the boat to the ground became very interesting once I learned that I could exit early and "detach" when I was in prime position. The Archwing became even MORE interesting when I learned to slingshot into the loading bay of enemy Cruisers where I could thwack their reactors from inside. And it all came together when I unlocked the Intrinsics for warping back to the ship or Team Join, allowing me to move fluidly through and around the various forms of the battle.

Railjack all by itself is fun now, but not as fun as it was in Scarlet Spear. I spend most of my time boarding enemy cruisers and space stations and I see how fast I can chew through 6 cruisers (try to beat the rest of my crew before they can shoot down the 100 fighters). I have joined as a crew-member and have been hoarding parts and pieces. I'll eventually get my Railjack upgraded to the point that I will take it out for a spin again.

Railjack does need an increase in maps and objectives as it is pretty repetitive, but it has the potential to be an entire game all by itself and, honestly, I think it is my favorite mode of Warframe now.

• Like 1

i play it very rarely, put in a few hours recently to test out the changes.

As others mentioned , you can only keep doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results for so long as there is actual potential for different results.

Edited by 0_The_F00l

I play it for fun, just not all the time. I'm new enough to where I have lots of activities I can still do and railjacks are a fun occasional break to get a fix of something new. I'm also the best pilot in my friend group (and the only one who likes doing it) so I often end up dragged along whenever a friend wants to run it haha.