Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What keeps you playing Railjack IF you still play it?

DreisterDino

SS still going on console and we don't have the Revised update yet.  That said, if SS wasn't going I'd still be playing Veil missions, I like the difficulty level of it and I really like RJ in general.  Controls are good, a lot more variety in gameplay than your typical WF missions, and there's still stuff for me to farm there.  I find it quite enjoyable.  Unknown if I'll like the Revised changes as I feel like the avionic changes is just dumbing it down, and the armor/hp changes to enemies is going to make it boring.  I do look forward to the speed/boost changes of the RJ, and still roll my eyes at the idiots who don't or can't do the basic math to see it's a huge QoF buff.  I look forward to mission variety in the future though.  

• Like 2

On 2020-05-06 at 5:48 PM, Wearbe said:

Once the intrinsic is unlocked that makes 360 visibility possible, that problem of sick side-gunners mostly goes away as side gunners can "face forward".

having 360 visibility doesnt help when you are focused on aiming at enemy when pilot decides to do quick turn that still affects you, you are focused on what is in front of you while you feel like you are pulled to the side.

I'm capped out on my Reactor, Shields, and Engines at this point, and have maxed out my Cryphon guns. Just continuing to finish grinding for max Intrinsics, and the occasional Zekti Apoc upgrade.

The new Avionics are nice (Tether looks awesome) but not really worried if I get them or not at this point. Veil War Field is a great spot for farming.

I'm a collector and was just waiting on valence transfusion to drop for railjack so I can start my hunt of owning all the components and armaments with maxed stats (2 of each component one for every of the 2 possible bonus stats) and right now I'm done with the vidar and zetki guns , lavan is about 80% done. For components it's a bit slower to progress since 80% of them drop from end of mission results, but I have all the zetki ones done , the vidar engines and reactors done. all that's left for me is to grind more components and some lavan guns so yeah.

Also I'm a Space ninja in A FREAKING SPACE SHIP in SPACE
I liked archwing before, but this is taking that to a new level LOL

Edited by EDM774

I feel like making a quick summary since many people replied to this 😉

Reasons in Total:

1. 31 People mentioned fun
  2. 22 People mentioned Grind
  3. 5 People mentioned Preparation

Overall, fun is the dominant reason for people playing Railjack according to the replies.

Where it gets more interesting if you look at how the reasons are interconnected:

1. Fun was mentioned as the only reason 21/31 times
  2. in 10/31 cases it was Fun was connected with Grind, with Grind being the dominant factor
  3. Grind was mentioned as the only reason 10/22 times
  4. in 12/22 cases grind was Grind was connected with fun, in 3/22 cases Grind was connected with Preparation
  5. Preparation was only mentioned once as the only reason and was always connected with either fun, grind or both besides that

Thats it so far, keep in mind i am only doing this summary for fun aswell 😉

There might be small mistakes, and i could only work with with i got, so if someone only said "i grind for x" and didnt mention fun, this was a counted as "only plays to grind".

That person might have also played it for fun, but since he didnt say it i cannot assume that fun played some sort of a role.

Edit: Many people also agreed that we need more Gamemodes, and i am happy that Scott mentioned that they are planning to add more Gamemodes in yesterday's Devstream, although i am not too hyped yet because who knows how long that will take...still a good sign though.

Edited by DreisterDino
  • Like 2

Change of pace, as other ppl have mentioned, i play it from time to time to mix things up, the initial fights are fun for me either solo or with my friend, because it can be fun managing the ship when poop hits the fan in the harder missions, one of us is trying to limit the numbers of the enemy while the other is limiting the internal damage to the  RJ while helping either with arch or turrets.

For me right now, its the most challenging content in the game.

4 hours ago, DreisterDino said:

I feel like making a quick summary since many people replied to this 😉

Reasons in Total:

1. 31 People mentioned fun
  2. 22 People mentioned Grind
  3. 5 People mentioned Preparation

Overall, fun is the dominant reason for people playing Railjack according to the replies.

Where it gets more interesting if you look at how the reasons are interconnected:

1. Fun was mentioned as the only reason 21/31 times
  2. in 10/31 cases it was Fun was connected with Grind, with Grind being the dominant factor
  3. Grind was mentioned as the only reason 10/22 times
  4. in 12/22 cases grind was Grind was connected with fun, in 3/22 cases Grind was connected with Preparation
  5. Preparation was only mentioned once as the only reason and was always connected with either fun, grind or both besides that

Thats it so far, keep in mind i am only doing this summary for fun aswell 😉

There might be small mistakes, and i could only work with with i got, so if someone only said "i grind for x" and didnt mention fun, this was a counted as "only plays to grind".

That person might have also played it for fun, but since he didnt say it i cannot assume that fun played some sort of a role.

Edit: Many people also agreed that we need more Gamemodes, and i am happy that Scott mentioned that they are planning to add more Gamemodes in yesterday's Devstream, although i am not too hyped yet because who knows how long that will take...still a good sign though.

Thanks for compiling that, pretty interesting, even if the sample is kinda small.

• Like 1

This is kinda crazy i know but i play for FUN. i know the worlds ending. but i dont play this game like its my second job grinding for hours. I play railjack because i like blowing up space ships and spamming my exalted blade.  Maybe its cause i turned into a casual player but in my opinion rj is really fun.

• Like 2

it's fun actually.

After RJ revisited is changed my RJ build a little bit. I removed Vidar reactor in favour of Lavan, simply because i do not use battle avionics of the first slot but i get additional flux to spamm those void holes. I changed shield array. I changed basic avionics as well. Now i'm just maxing last 3 weapons and trying to get Spectra in the process.

Although i must admit that RJ grind is the only thing that keeps me playing WF few hours a day. But RJ fun will not last long, especially when it's just better to play it solo, rather than suffer certain types of players.

• Like 1

I was playing it solo for fun before the revisit. After the revisit I just can't get into railjack anymore. Drifting was hit a little hard. Everything including ground troops, just die instantly.

I really liked railjack, and archwing for that matter, but the revisit has killed my desire to play railjack because it's so easy now. There is nothing to micro manage anymore, no epic space combat. Railjack is painfully, mind-numbing, effortless, and trivial now.😞

Edited by Nichivo

9 hours ago, Nichivo said:

I was playing it solo for fun before the revisit. After the revisit I just can't get into railjack anymore. Drifting was hit a little hard. Everything including ground troops, just die instantly.

I really liked railjack, and archwing for that matter, but the revisit has killed my desire to play railjack because it's so easy now. There is nothing to micro manage anymore, no epic space combat. Railjack is painfully, mind-numbing, effortless, and trivial now.😞

In another thread you and I were discussing the difficulty decrease in Railjack, and when I asked if you could make the fights harder by stripping back, you said a player can solo Veil easily with a stock-standard Railjack.

I’m struggling to make it through the first Earth node with my brand new un-upgraded Railjack. I have no problem with this, mind, I want a fight, but it’s definitely making me wonder what you were doing to trivialise Veil with the base Railjack

edit: I was laughing so hard as everything was going wrong 😆 Fires, decompression, Grineer. The odd bomb. I’m pretty sure they were having a crazy party and were punching holes in my ship and setting fires for fun. Couldn’t find them all ‘cause I needed to jump back and forth between the party and the front to take out fighters, so when I failed and ended up back in drydock I’m pretty sure my dojo got an indeterminate amount of Grineer partiers hiding in the vents and in the corners, places where I can’t see them but know they’re there

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
  • Like 1

vor 6 Minuten schrieb (NSW)Greybones:

In another thread you and I were discussing the difficulty decrease in Railjack, and when I asked if you could make the fights harder by stripping back, you said a player can solo Veil easily with a stock-standard Railjack.

I’m struggling to make it through the first Earth node with my brand new un-upgraded Railjack. I have no problem with this, mind, I want a fight, but it’s definitely making me wonder what you were doing to trivialise Veil with the base Railjack

Cheesing probably.

What people seem to ignore is that Railjack is NOT supposed to be a endgame thing, just a new mode and i not want to waste time on bulletsponges and just want to finish the mission and collect my reward, having to collect alot manualyl after the mission makes it just a chore.

Saying it got dumbed down as he says is a dumb statement on its own, needign 3 shots instead of 1 is not challenging and beeing faster shot down in a space battle you can't jsut get in cover or avoid much is also not challanging, able to take out the pod launchers manually or sabotage weapon systems that would be challanging, shooting ship parts, something besides just destroy everything in your sight.

I rather had a full ship you can take apart from in and outside, several ways to take down enemys, now it is more bearable simply, considering it is hard to finda group on nodes since it seems already worthless for people. Can solo the Veil? Even before change? Good for you, not everyone could and not wanted to, it just takes longer being alone, end of story, so much challange, wow.

Stop thinking this game mode was challangeing at all, it was more annyoing then fun and frustrating, the enemy levels simply not made sense beeing higher then sortie level despite being lower level, same goes for Fortuna and Cetus also, DE needs ot stop just pushing repainted grineer factions in as new enemy types and have them as Tier level, making the elvle itself meaningless by now, eather remove the levle and only have enemys in Tiers to scale or stop makign those different colour patterns, take Nightwatch as example, why not put those in or the Kuva Fortress one?, maybe just some new enemy types sure, but we not need this crap of adding the same 30 enemy types just painted diffrently.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I’m struggling to make it through the first Earth node with my brand new un-upgraded Railjack

My Railjack got blown up the first times I tried it.

Needless to say, I had no idea what I was doing. Little knowledge, zero experience. I suspect maybe that's the case there?

I would tell you to think a bit more tactically instead of going balls in, and to keep trying, because soon you would build up your player skills and your muscle memory would trigger in and from that point it becomes considerably easier.

Of course I'm saying "would", because at this point may as well wait a bit and in 7 hours it will become trivial.

Edited by Vit0Corleone
  • Like 1

On 2020-05-02 at 12:01 PM, Leyers_of_facade said:

First remove the 4092 intrinsic cap, otherwise not touching the gamemode xD

Wait ... does that mean you stop gainint any intrinsic points once you max out the ones we have now? so no stockpiling intrinsics for when "Command" comes around?

I guess I won't upgrade my last ones then.

1 hour ago, Vit0Corleone said:

My Railjack got blown up the first times I tried it.

Needless to say, I had no idea what I was doing. Little knowledge, zero experience. I suspect maybe that's the case there?

I would tell you to think a bit more tactically instead of going balls in, and to keep trying, because soon you would build up your player skills and your muscle memory would trigger in and from that point it becomes considerably easier.

Of course I'm saying "would", because at this point may as well wait a bit and in 7 hours it will become trivial.

Mostly it’s been about how overwhelmed I get 🤔 I’m curious as to what you mean by “Think tactically”. I can shoot straight and fly right while playing keep-away, but eventually the fight makes its way to me, and once those ramsleds start hitting me and decompression looms, things start going sideways. Makes me look forward to when my partner comes on board and can help deal with things

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

Intrinsics. Until i get 3 10 and one 9, still want to farm for the command. 

Lets see i already have the 2 weapons pennant and quellor,so thats a nope.

Oh some avionics that i dont have, void hole coff coff.

And that woud be. Just getting it polished for future updates, or just doing a carry to clan mates

3 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

edit: I was laughing so hard as everything was going wrong 😆 Fires, decompression, Grineer. The odd bomb. I’m pretty sure they were having a crazy party and were punching holes in my ship and setting fires for fun. Couldn’t find them all ‘cause I needed to jump back and forth between the party and the front to take out fighters, so when I failed and ended up back in drydock I’m pretty sure my dojo got an indeterminate amount of Grineer partiers hiding in the vents and in the corners, places where I can’t see them but know they’re there

Just stand still and listen... you will be able to find them from the sounds of them punching metal things. LoL

• Like 1

On 2020-05-06 at 11:10 PM, Cubewano said:

Not sure what message you are trying to present here, that full part play can still happen, or if its so bad that you have to self sabotage to provide value to other roles, but I do have to ask why did nobody just craft dome charges throughout the mission? Did they just unanimously decide they want everyone to have a good time / things to do, because that would be quite the rare gem. 

I was wondering that, too. Nobody said anything about it and nobody crafted any charges. *Shrug* I guess they liked it that way.

Another way that I kind of steer the team towards being active is, as a Crew member, I slingshot immediately when a Crewship shows up. By the time the Railjack catches up and gets into position to Dome Charge it, it is already on fire. After a few of those, the dome gunner gives up and goes to do an objective.

On 2020-05-08 at 7:31 PM, Talinthis said:

its pretty decent to do now once and a while, but terrible for someone that wants to clear all the nodes. 26 of the same mission type isnt top exciting.

People keep saying this as if this entire game isn't just missions repeated over and over? I've definitely played regular exterminate far more than 26 times. 

The missions feel kind of dynamic to me anyway. You're flying, shooting, going on foot. It's basic Warframe gameplay.