Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Positive Thread

Hazmatzone

Seriously...the negativity in these forums is killing me...slowly...but surely. Every few seconds a new thread pops up with negative feedback, is the negative feedback new negative feedback? No it's the same feedback that the thread made right before it has. Ever heard of the yawn effect? Where if one person see's you yawn they will also yawn? Yea well that's how it feels right now with all the pessimism. 

Anyways I need some positivity to survive so I'm making this thread. Here people will give positive feedback! Tell about the things you enjoy, tell DE what you'd like to see more of that's already in the game, or just tell us about the beautiful sunset you saw while walking home today. Just be optimistic and positive :D

I'll start.

Warframe, geez this game has a lot to offer so where do I begin? If I had to start with my favorite thing about warframe it'd be the fact that I can actually play it. I started last year when I was still in Highschool, I didn't have a job at the time so money wasn't something I had laying around, even now that I have a job it isn't something that is laying around :P. So I was forced to play with the non-gaming but office computer my mother had gotten me for my previous birthday. It wasn't much but I could play most games on lowest settings and as a gamer I'll take whatever I can get. I came into warframe not expecting anything different and was ready to turn everything down to low, warframe though with it's amazing optimization allowed me to run it with just about everything on, and with high texture quality. I was baffled though a beta game allowing me to run it on medium to semi-high settings with my crappy ATI Radeon 3450? To this day I still play on the same computer and sometimes I'll turn it up to highest settings and get bad frames just so I can enjoy the beauty of the game.

Wow...1 thing and I made a book out of it lol...anyways whose next :D

Nice thinking!  I get frustrated with the negative spin too, the will to post positive is just not as strong as the will to negative!

IMHO I think DE does a pretty great job rolling out new content and expanding what the game can be.  The bug fixes are to the point, applied promptly, and very responsive.  The live streams are fantastic, I feel like they are very plugged in.

Nice thinking!  I get frustrated with the negative spin too, the will to post positive is just not as strong as the will to negative!

IMHO I think DE does a pretty great job rolling out new content and expanding what the game can be.  The bug fixes are to the point, applied promptly, and very responsive.  The live streams are fantastic, I feel like they are very plugged in.

Yea, they do make mistakes but whenever they make them they fix them really fast. Also unlike other companies they actually know when to admit they've made a mistake, I've seen very few companies who are so good at communication and fixes.

Yea, they do make mistakes but whenever they make them they fix them really fast. Also unlike other companies they actually know when to admit they've made a mistake, I've seen very few companies who are so good at communication and fixes.

But DE isn't that good at communication and they have a massive backlog of fixes.

Soooo you just come into a thread that was created for the intention of positivity and make a negative comment in it?

Are you illiterate or just a troll?

Public forums, means I am free to express my opinion. Also I needed to correct one of the things you said as it was far from truth.

Positive feedback is useless. If you like something then it doesn't need fixing.

Positive feedback can be more then just "Man I love this." - but yeah. I happen to agree with you. While it is cool to have a thread where you give DE a quick thumbs up, it doesn't really go anywhere feedback wise. To be fair - neither does "I hate this." In feedback the important part is always why you like/don't like something.

You could always choose to give feedback that you feel would improve something you already think works pretty well. Any creative enough sort of guy can look at something in a game they like and make an observation about something they think would enhance it further.

That is one of the reasons I like the Derf Anyo thread so much. The concept itself is cool - but the fact that it is just a lot of feedback and ideas surrounding something that people already consider a positive is great. No one is angry at DE and suggesting a fix, they are all just participating in a big silly suggestion thread about something they think is really cool.

Positive feedback can be more then just "Man I love this." - but yeah. I happen to agree with you. While it is cool to have a thread where you give DE a quick thumbs up, it doesn't really go anywhere feedback wise. To be fair - neither does "I hate this." In feedback the important part is always why you like/don't like something.

You could always choose to give feedback that you feel would improve something you already think works pretty well. Any creative enough sort of guy can look at something in a game they like and make an observation about something they think would enhance it further.

That is one of the reasons I like the Derf Anyo thread so much. The concept itself is cool - but the fact that it is just a lot of feedback and ideas surrounding something that people already consider a positive is great. No one is angry at DE and suggesting a fix, they are all just participating in a big silly suggestion thread about something they think is really cool.

And it's still getting the "we'll look in to it" treatment.

How's this for positive feedback:

The game is pretty great mechanics wise (polishing aside) and there are other things to work out, but...

I very much enjoy playing the game in its current state, I just want some motivation to DO something with my 4x forma Soma, Twin Gremlins, and Orthos Prime. You know, besides grinding defense waves/survival into oblivion.

Edited by Corpse_of_KTS

But DE isn't that good at communication and they have a massive backlog of fixes.

Acctually they have been killing bugs rather quickly... Noticing things here and there smoothing out. Also bug team I imagine is fairly small. They can't make the art, sound, and development team do bug crunching. So they can't stop making the fun stuff since the people making fun stuff do not understand bugs. So as they slowly, but surely crunch what bugs they can. Doing the easy ones first obviously, and the hard ones slowly. They will also release all the fun things... like whips...

Acctually they have been killing bugs rather quickly... Noticing things here and there smoothing out. Also bug team I imagine is fairly small. They can't make the art, sound, and development team do bug crunching. So they can't stop making the fun stuff since the people making fun stuff do not understand bugs. So as they slowly, but surely crunch what bugs they can. Doing the easy ones first obviously, and the hard ones slowly. They will also release all the fun things... like whips...

But obviously new updates introduce new bugs and glitches with the new stuff they add. It means more bugs to fix and from what I've seen they fix new bugs first. Which means some bugs will be left in the backlog. It's a never ending cycle.

Soooo you just come into a thread that was created for the intention of positivity and make a negative comment in it?

Are you illiterate or just a troll?

Since you have the right to post on a "negative" thread a "positive" comment, he has the right to post a "negative" comment on a "positive" thread.

Also, we're just trying to provide feedback on anything faulty most of the time, since we're in a beta environment.

Why are people acting like this is a thread for feedback specifically?I didn't create this thread for feedback of any kind...I created as a way of it being a thread that wasn't filled with "this thing sucks DE fix it" or "DE you are bad people" because the forums are a toxic place right now filled with nothing but pessimistic things. If I enjoy the game and all I see is bashing on the game it can make it so that you only see the bad points of things. As you can see from all the above posts things went sour fast because very few people can think of anything nice to say anymore, just things that bring DE down, the game down, and players who enjoy the game down.

Gotta go with the OP on this one. Thread is not located in the Feedback area, it is in General Discussion and OP has stated their desire to have it be a thread full of positive comment amidst the sea of complaints and general negativity over various issues.

I for one love Warframe. I've never been a fan of grinding, farming etc. I've played way too many MMOs to like it still. However, Warframe manages to walk a fine line where even though you're grinding and farming, it's still fun. Yes, of course there's a lot of room for improvement, Yes, of course there are a lot of bugs that still need fixing. Yes, of course they are going to introduce some content that will need to be tweaked or will break other things which will have to be fixed. Every game does unless it's gone to extensive bordering on ridiculous amounts of testing before ever being released to the public ... which is pretty much only possible for major developers. What DE has done with Warframe, the growth it has experienced both in player base and content is impressive and commendable. They are quick to fix catastrophic issues, they listen to their players and take their feedback under advisement, as evidenced in the many changes they've made to certain systems in the game, most recently moving patch days to Wednesday so that by the weekend they have a functioning game again.

DE, great job so far, keep it up.

Gotta go with the OP on this one. Thread is not located in the Feedback area, it is in General Discussion and OP has stated their desire to have it be a thread full of positive comment amidst the sea of complaints and general negativity over various issues.

I for one love Warframe. I've never been a fan of grinding, farming etc. I've played way too many MMOs to like it still. However, Warframe manages to walk a fine line where even though you're grinding and farming, it's still fun. Yes, of course there's a lot of room for improvement, Yes, of course there are a lot of bugs that still need fixing. Yes, of course they are going to introduce some content that will need to be tweaked or will break other things which will have to be fixed. Every game does unless it's gone to extensive bordering on ridiculous amounts of testing before ever being released to the public ... which is pretty much only possible for major developers. What DE has done with Warframe, the growth it has experienced both in player base and content is impressive and commendable. They are quick to fix catastrophic issues, they listen to their players and take their feedback under advisement, as evidenced in the many changes they've made to certain systems in the game, most recently moving patch days to Wednesday so that by the weekend they have a functioning game again.

DE, great job so far, keep it up.

Thank you, a ray of sunshine you are sir.

I loved the fact that we NOW, can mind control shield ospreys, it is just awesome. Being a nyx for months now, it really encouraged to slaughter thousands of corpus again.

I was like: "Oh! Payback is a Grineer!"

And they were all like... I don't know.. i wasn't really paying attention?

Positive feedback is useless. If you like something then it doesn't need fixing.

Both negative and positive feedback are useless, if they aren't slightest constructive and logical.

Edit: Plus, positive feedback is basically an encouraging that "person", to keep doing what it is doing. Spotlighting what was great and giving more into depth of what more you'd like to see.

You just can't give one without another, both positive and negative feedback should always come hand to hand.

Whining is in NO way, negative feedback, just garbage.

Edited by akkerusia

that was a huge bugfix list last patch, someone's working hard.

thanks, Grineeer!

that's about the only positive thing I can say. Grineeer is working hard and he has my heartfelt gratitude.

We need more people like you in DE, you should probably throw your weight around the office more (no insult intended) and get rid of that other guy sharing an office with you (insult intended)

Still waiting for the semi-auto FPS bug to be fixed.

Seriously It doesn't affect me with constant 50 to 60 FPS on heavy games but it affects many others.

I'll add to this thread.

I was exploring the Orokin Derelict for the first time a few nights ago, and damn DE had done a good job on that tileset. I love that there's all these hidden areas, and while I was searching I found what seemed like the Derelict's engine room; it was a huge cavern, with this big electric/lightning ball in the middle of it. Haunting and beautiful. I mean, seriously, for a video game, it was amazing, and drew me right into the environment.

Nailing S#&$ to the wall with my Boltor. Blasting away mofos with my dual Vastos. DE has done a good job making some sweet weapons in this game, and for that I applaud them. I'm actually enjoying the Galantine too, even though I'm a Tenno Hipster (I joke!), but I'll go back to my Scindo once I've finished leveling it. But the animation, the slow swing speed, and just slicing through infested with a larger-than-man-sized sword; pretty badass.

Playing this game when it's only one or two of you, and you actually have to work together to survive against the enemy; reviving each other when you go down, using your abilities cooperatively, taking cover, picking your targets, covering each other's backs; that's what makes Warframe great. Or when you're solo, just having to be cautious and picking your fights.

Finally; PARKOUR!