The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow for railjack scrapping without owning a ship

Bronze_Pleb

You clearly don't get it you sarcastic smart ass, he doesn't wish to "futze" with them he wishes to be able to play the activity. There is a 30 wreckage part limit and he's gone over it so the obvious thing to do would be sell those parts but for some reason DE doesn't allow the players without a railjack to do that.

• Like 5

Oversight maybe , but yeah it is a problem , one needs access to RJ UI in order to scrap parts and you cannot do it till you own a RJ .

Maybe DE will patch this in future by adding RJ scrap tab in inventory in the meantime if your friend wants to play he will have to build hes own RJ.

• Like 1

So, let me try To understand:

People who do not own a railjack, or for other reasons, decided to not bother with railjack, now complain about not being able to interact with elements of the game that REQUIRE you to have the very thing you refuse to have?

Logic?

• Like 18

I hope it is an oversight and not intended, for the meantime we will work towards a new ship but it would be appreciated of DE if they fixed such a big barrier for newer players.

Also the option to scrap has appeared to him when entering a railjack mission but it remained locked, it's not like we get anything good for scrapping anyway.

3 minutes ago, Yakhul said:

So, let me try To understand:

People who do not own a railjack, or for other reasons, decided to not bother with railjack, now complain about not being able to interact with elements of the game that REQUIRE you to have the very thing you refuse to have?

Logic?

Interact with the elements of the game? He cannot play the activity lol, you people amuse me really, also they advertised this btw they said we wouldn't need multiple railjacks

Edited by Bronze_Pleb
  • Like 2

Just now, Bronze_Pleb said:

Interact with the elements of the game? He cannot play the activity lol, you people amuse me really, also they advertised this btw they said we wouldn't need multiple railjacks

Correction: you CAN play railjack WITHOUTH having one. Just jump into someone else railjack. You CANNOT interact with railjack elements such as scrap, weapons and avionics,  if you DO NOT HAVE a railjack.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bronze_Pleb said:

can he use the console in the drydock?

Gerade eben schrieb Yakhul:

Correction: you CAN play railjack WITHOUTH having one. Just jump into someone else railjack. You CANNOT interact with railjack elements such as scrap, weapons and avionics,  if you DO NOT HAVE a railjack.

If you had read the thread title you'd know that you in fact CAN'T play railjack without having one, since you'll inevitably get over the wreckage cap and get locked out.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

If you had read the thread title you'd know that you in fact CAN'T play railjack without having one, since you'll inevitably get over the wreckage cap and get locked out.

really?? That at the least must be an oversite, I hadn't heard anyone without a rj that I know of saying that.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

Is that a thing?

OP, this is the reason you're upset about this whole scrapping thing? I couldn't figure out why the hell you wanted to do that, but if reaching the scrap limit won't let you play railjack anymore, I completely understand.

Edit: put this post in Feedback, with more emphasis on the part when you get locked out of railjack missions.

Edited by (PS4)Viveeeh
  • Like 2

vor 4 Minuten schrieb SpicyDinosaur:

really?? That at the least must be an oversite, I hadn't heard anyone without a rj that I know of saying that.

Not knowing anyone who doesn't have one, I'll take the OP's word for it. If it's not true, the appropriate response still isn't "why would you complain about that".

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Krankbert said:

Not knowing anyone who doesn't have one, I'll take the OP's word for it. If it's not true, the appropriate response still isn't "why would you complain about that".

Oh so you just got that from the OP and title? Are you a mind reader or something? 😂

I've played with multiple friends that didn't have a railjack but not for long sessions, since the revised update we decided to grind the weapons together until he reached the limit of wreckage and wouldn't let him play the content.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Is that a thing?

OP, this is the reason you're upset about this whole scrapping thing? I couldn't figure out why the hell you wanted to do that, but if reaching the scrap limit won't let you play railjack anymore, I completely understand.

Edit: put this post in Feedback, with more emphasis on the part when you get locked out of railjack missions.

I'm completely new to the forums how do i "move" the post to feedback, thanks

• Like 1

vor 1 Minute schrieb (PS4)Viveeeh:

Oh so you just got that from the OP and title? Are you a mind reader or something? 😂

No, I gained that information by interpreting the letters in a process called "reading". My parents taught it to me when I was five and it's still useful to this day.

• Like 2

No, I gained that information by interpreting the letters in a process called "reading". My parents taught it to me when I was five and it's still useful to this day.

Well... looks like everybody in this thread is an illiterate, except for you. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Yakhul said:

Well, that was correct when getting over the wreckage limit deleted every new acquired wreckage. One of the updates allowed wreckage get over the limit so that you could choose which one to keep (and doesn't let you start a new mission until you do). Those who don't own RJ can't do it though.

3 minutes ago, Obviousclone said:

We should allow for warframe formaing without owning the warframe

I want my titania prime to come with 3 forma before I've even gotten the blueprints

By your logic, those who don't have a Railjack shouldn't be allowed to play RJ content. Why is it an option though? Until you hit wreckage cap anyways.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bronze_Pleb said:

I find the message to be quite clear, if you knew about the wreckage cap 🙂 🙂

Well I knew about the cap, but never reached it, so I didn't know the game won't let you play when you reach it!

I'm a bit puzzled about where to post this. There's 3 megathreads in the Feedback Section about Railjack, maybe try this one:

Just post a comment. What you noticed is very important, it even went right over the Dev teams' heads!

52 minutes ago, Bronze_Pleb said:

Long story short he cannot play railjack since he cannot scrap the weapons/engines we get from missions, since he doesn't own a railjack.

If this is actually the case it needs to be changed asap. Weird that I hadn't heard of this before.

52 minutes ago, XRosenkreuz said:

It's almost like they figured if you don't have a Railjack, you don't have any reason to be futzing with the parts for one.

Weird, right?

36 minutes ago, Yakhul said:

30 minutes ago, Yakhul said:

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Oh so you just got that from the OP and title? Are you a mind reader or something?

12 minutes ago, Obviousclone said:

We should allow for warframe formaing without owning the warframe

I want my titania prime to come with 3 forma before I've even gotten the blueprints

Just wow. So many people that can't read, and/or don't understand the issue at all, yet still have to share their worthless opinion/snide comment.

• Like 8