The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specrtral Scream- Chroma

(PSN)LoneWolf_001

Chroma has been pigion-holed into a boss-killer role. He's tanky, cool looking, and has some mean somewhat interactive buffs (ability 2 & 3). His Ultimate is good for locking down an area but it's an energy hog with locked range and "meh" damage...it's pretty at best.

However, I'm here to talk about his Ability 1, Spectral Scream. It's basically Dragon's Breath and arguably should be the core character ability of Chroma. Unfortunately, it's really underwhelming, let alone inefficient, low damaging, really low range, and prevents the use of ranged weapons while active. Ignus>Spectral Scream

So how should this iconic ability of every dragon ever really perform?

Well, let's start with Chroma's wings...wait, what? What does that have to do with his unbrushed morning breath? Well, dragons do tend to use said breath while airborne to an awesome effect. Allowing Chroma to use those wings to allow Aim-glide to last as long as the ability is running adds a vertical element and unique character to his line up.

While you're gliding around effortlessly due to those awesome wings (which are attached to the effigy, so no free aim-glide extension while ability 4 is running) you might notice that most of the things you'd like to breathe fire/ice/poison/lightning on are just too far away to care what flashy thing you're doing in the sky...so, let's add some range, alot of range...and if you have the Augment for it, let's add some AoE explosion effects to that.

Okay, now you're starting to really feel the inner Smaug making it to the surface, flying, long ranged, death dealing...wait, they're not really dying are they. I think the grineer/corpus might actually be laughing at your light show. Well then, let's crank up the damage with a % of HP damage bonuse so that this stuff actually scales with the enemies. Maybe have residual ground effects as well so that when they run in panic from the dragon you are they still have to brave the destruction in your wake.

So in summary, make Spectral Scream scalable, have some formidable range, and include some bonus air-time when in use.

If you as a reader are cool with this, say so. If you have a better idea, spill the beans 'cause I'm rearin' to support a good idea! If you don't like it, say why, what you'd change or add, or just post a picture of your favorite dragon.

Even through ppl think that his 1 should be replaces, I think it just needs some improvements. I have some ideas that makes it visually pleasing and useful.

1st ability:

·       Increase the range from 10m to 15m.

·       It does continuous damage (like beam weapons) instead of damage a second.

·       By holding the fire button, you will increase its range, damage and cone spread.

·       Increase range when adding range mod to be more noticeable.

·       Chroma has a new glide animation.

·       Chroma dashes forward instead of rolling.

·       When gliding, he will temporarily sprout wings, if you stop moving you will stay in the air for 3 seconds.

·       Aiming at an enemy`s head will increase the damage.

• Like 1