Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will we get incentive for Earth missions in the future?

Zahnny

Was doing the Sortie Interception and casually commented how I've not played on this specific tile for an inordinate amount of time. Squadmates informed me I wasn't alone on that.

ML9xk1N.jpg

This tile is probably more relevant as Iron Wake, and even then not many people go there aside from a single quest and riven crafts.

Kinda wish we had more incentive to actually play Earth missions. I personally don't see much use out of The Silver Grove outside of doing Nightwave challenges, there are the other plant stuff used for Earth Sabotage but there's no real incentive to do those either as there's nothing unique behind them.

I know we recently had Scarlet Spear, but it felt more like a battleground that just happened to be on Earth. It could've been any other planet and made no difference. (To be honest it'd probably be more fun if it rotated through planets too.)

Edited by Zahnny
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Zahnny said:

Kinda wish we had more incentive to actually play Earth missions.

People would complain. Earth doesn’t run well for some people. Besides, why just Earth? If they incentivise Earth won’t people expect the same from other locations too?

• Like 1

Just now, krc473 said:

People would complain. Earth doesn’t run well for some people. Besides, why just Earth? If they incentivise Earth won’t people expect the same from other locations too?

I'd personally love if every planet in the game had something that kept players coming back to. Though that'd probably be a planet at a time if DE did work on something like that. Can't quite speak on the performance part. I don't want to sound snobbish or disregard those with lower specs.

• Like 2

There's always the occasional arbitration, kuva lich, kuva siphon or flood...

Why not try doing it for fun? Equip your dragon keys, remove some mods, if you dare, and rejoice in that feeling of being like a noobie again! I do it, some of my friends do it, playing as a squad. Sometimes even against sortie level enemies. It's fairly interesting. I think you'd like it. 

• Like 3

If you need incentive just to run at that place, you might want to ask yourself again if you really want to play at earth or just want something masked as "incentive"

I'm still playing at E Prime with my 4 forma Lato, just walking around, blasting off enemy heads and enjoy the forest so incentive is not necessary if you really want to play there

• Like 1

my gripe is how it seems to send my Console berserk, though that hasn't happened so much since Scarlet Spear (good, because otherwise I'm genuinely worried it might kill my console, it's only a regular PS4, not a Pro, and it's knocking on). also it was where The Silver Grove quest is, and picking flowers was NOT a change of pace I liked: it was boring as hell and waiting for day/night cycles on regular Earth Tileset takes forever.

other than that though, it's a decent enough tileset. i'd love to see the Eris Tileset (Infested ship) get a rework thoguh, those corridors bug me.

10 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

I'd personally love if every planet in the game had something that kept players coming back to. Though that'd probably be a planet at a time if DE did work on something like that. Can't quite speak on the performance part. I don't want to sound snobbish or disregard those with lower specs.

The main issue I can see with an incentive system is that it wouldn’t be sufficient. Like everything else, once you have enough of it you wouldn’t go back for it. You wouldn’t use Stalker beacons when you/your group needed nothing from the Stalker would you? If you need his drops it becomes worthwhile. The only thing I can come up with that would be suitable: a (high) chance at getting platinum or an unowned Ephemera.

I was disregarding the low spec people too. It was more just a comment that not everyone can easily go there. Meaning DE is unlikely to make the incentive good enough.

Didn't they say in a devstream that 'harder levels' were coming to all planets.... heard nothing since but considering how DE will just stop doing something without telling us who knows what is going on with it.

TBH while I don't do earth often, it's so easy to do that with a lot of frames it's literally just run through the mission without even firing a gun or swinging a melee....for 'veterans' we really do need higher levels on the entire starmap, ideally with improved reward scaling if nothing else.

As to people struggling on earth due to their systems being weak... DE should never limit things due to toaster level pc's....

Edited by LSG501

7 minutes ago, Sunai_Moonswing said:

There's always the occasional arbitration, kuva lich, kuva siphon or flood...

Why not try doing it for fun? Equip your dragon keys, remove some mods, if you dare, and rejoice in that feeling of being like a noobie again! I do it, some of my friends do it, playing as a squad. Sometimes even against sortie level enemies. It's fairly interesting. I think you'd like it. 

While I thank you for the suggestions, it has to be stated you can't really control things like arbitrations, kuva and onsalught. Those are tied to RNG or time of day.

I cannot thank you for the other suggestion though, nerfing myself isn't really giving me a reason to play it. It's not challenge I'm after. Challenge is boring. It's more of me wanting to feel like I'm working towards something.

2 minutes ago, krc473 said:

The main issue I can see with an incentive system is that it wouldn’t be sufficient. Like everything else, once you have enough of it you wouldn’t go back for it.

I do agree with this also. You'd have to work out a system that is always desirable at any point in the game to come back to, which is a challenge in itself.

3 minutes ago, krc473 said:

It was more just a comment that not everyone can easily go there. Meaning DE is unlikely to make the incentive good enough.

I wonder if the new player experience will bring something, since the beginning of Warframe has typically been that on Earth.

5 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Didn't they say in a devstream that 'harder levels' were coming to all planets.... heard nothing since but considering how DE will just stop doing something without telling us who knows what is going on with it.

TBH while I don't do earth often, it's so easy to do that with a lot of frames it's literally just run through the mission without even firing a gun or swinging a melee....for 'veterans' we really do need higher levels on the entire starmap, ideally with improved reward scaling if nothing else.

IIRC Scott said in Shy’s recent interview video that they would possibly add a difficulty slider but wasn’t 100% certain on it, so who knows if it would ever be added.

Edited by xXDeadsinxX

3 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I'm not sure, but I think that might be referring to the idea of allowing players to raise the enemy level of a node if they so choose.

1 minute ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

IICR Scott said in Shy’s recent interview video that they possibly add a difficulty slider but wasn’t 100% certain on it, so who knows if it would ever be added.

The issue with a slider is getting a full squad of 'like minded' people unless the slider is set to predetermined levels.

Just now, LSG501 said:

The issue with a slider is getting a full squad of 'like minded' people unless the slider is set to predetermined levels.

True. I’d likely assume that it would be predetermined levels but I have no idea how they would do it to be honest.

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

I think I recently saw a thread of people talking about a new matchmaking system could involve a server/squad browser. You could potentially incorporate that into it by displaying modified level attributes such as raised difficulty.

I eventually encounter all tile sets doing all forms of random missions with random enemies by doing Syndicate missions. Those really get you around the star chart content so nothing gets old. (Except for Infested Salvage and Lua spy).
Now if you got all syndicate stuff and chose to never do them again, well......  
They are a reliable daily source for relic packs. and farming/hoarding their medallions is ..... nice? 😄

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MystMan said:

I eventually encounter all tile sets doing all forms of random missions with random enemies by doing Syndicate missions. Those really get you around the star chart content so nothing gets old. (Except for Infested Salvage and Lua spy).
Now if you got all syndicate stuff and chose to never do them again, well......  
They are a reliable daily source for relic packs. and farming/hoarding their medallions is ..... nice? 😄

I'll try to keep this in mind. Syndicate missions I have an off and on relationship with, sometimes I'll play them and collect medallions, sometimes I'll just rush them, and sometimes I just don't play them for extended periods.

1 hour ago, Zahnny said:

Was doing the Sortie Interception and casually commented how I've not played on this specific tile for an inordinate amount of time. Squadmates informed me I wasn't alone on that.

ML9xk1N.jpg

This tile is probably more relevant as Iron Wake, and even then not many people go there aside from a single quest and riven crafts.

Kinda wish we had more incentive to actually play Earth missions. I personally don't see much use out of The Silver Grove outside of doing Nightwave challenges, there are the other plant stuff used for Earth Sabotage but there's no real incentive to do those either as there's nothing unique behind them.

I know we recently had Scarlet Spear, but it felt more like a battleground that just happened to be on Earth. It could've been any other planet and made no difference. (To be honest it'd probably be more fun if it rotated through planets too.)

The Unum says “YES”

Earth is one of the best places to go for many a thing called playtime.

I enjoy doing the Spy on there to see if I am gonna get the gold's or trolls for my rewards. Feels good to crack the vaults to get the gold mods as well as Ivara parts....the other side is getting 2 of the same mod in copper ESPECIALLY when they are identical. 

Then there are the Caches on the Sabotage missions that used to give Prime parts depending on how many Antitoxins were used. That plus the fact I enjoy treasure hunting has brought me to there many a time. Nobody seems to run them anymore besides me...and then there is the fact that everyone is speed running them.

Silver Grove is always a fun romp of what it would be like to fight unTenno frames. The other times we get to do this is with the Alcolytes. 

If you need the levels pumped up, get a lich that takes over Earth areas. Had one on the Extractor level when the extractors did not level up....and it was fun as well as hard for my non Forma'd frame. Level 90-110 are harsh back then. Instead of protecting them, we were activating and trying to get to that 500 to get off planet. Alternate to babysitting the extractors especially when you don't get anything besides cryotic. 

Have not run the Hydroid drop boss since no one wants to farm for regular when you can get Prime easier. 

Also, those dang ancient Rare chests are hard to get. Only found 3 so far....

The Earth has many reasons to go and can be fun as well....take the power off and run to see if it's the mods or if it's the player that has the skill.

2 hours ago, Zahnny said:

Cervantes can drop Forma and a valuable mod Bite. It's the only node on Earth that I play... unless I want crack open relics.

EDIT: Now, Mars, Phobos, Europa... there's absolutely nothing worth farming or doing on those planets. I would even say Mercury, but at least Polymer Bundles drop there. But you could just go to Uranus or Venus for that.

Edited by nslay

I am not sure what you mean, 

There is no incentive to return to any planet once you have all it has to offer including earth. 

The mission you mentioned is interception, many people avoid interception cause it's slow and you have to sit still,

I can't remember actively going to any interception unless it was a fissure or part of a sortie in recent memory. 

Earth does not need an incentive, the whole star chart needs a better replay ability value. 

15 minutes ago, nickelshark said:

Maybe they will if they ever give it a facelift. The current iteration of the tileset has been around for quite awhile so they might do like they did Jupiter.

What? The visual remaster of Earth came with update 21, June 2017. A few years but I wouldn't claim it's been around for "quite a while" since the tileset was introduced in update 11.5, December 2013. It looks good and up to par with newer tilesets, I don't think you remember what the Earth tileset originally looked like.

A recreation like Jupiter's tileset would be nice, but that would almost completely invalidate that visual remaster. There should be more tiles added, or imo some of the more creatively/exploration restricted tiles should be redone to include more of themselves. For example, that one transition hallway that cuts through a river in a tunnel; it lets you go along the river in each direction for quite a bit but then cuts into out of bounds, with no payoff. Or the one cave tile (in the Prologue quest, it's where you find the Liset and protect it) with a huge open area in the near background, all of that is inaccessible but looks otherwise really nice.

Both Earth, Mars, and Ceres suffers from having a lot of these cool and rather beautiful tiles being completely underutilized for exploration or at least the map path generating.

Edited by so_many_watermelons