Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will You Quit The Game or Adapt to The Changes Once DE Starts to Force Railjack into The Main Game?

DrivaMain

Now that Railjack is in a “playable” state for a lot of people. DE can start their grand plan of “connecting it to the main game” project or the pessimistic term is “forcing it to everyone wether they like it or not”. From the other thread I just read there is also a fair share of people still not interested on Railjack in the slightest. Now my question is directed to those people.

Will you quit the game or adapt to the changes once they start forcing it to the main game?

Edit : To prevent any misunderstanding I fully support Railjack’s integration to the main game.

Edited by DrivaMain
  • Like 2

Depends on how they connect the parts and how much it affects the core game. If it's like archwing in plains and summinable archguns in missions then I will welcome it cautiously. I still hope they rework more of railjack, oplink and kuva liches. Reduce the tedious content island grind if they are planning to bring all systems together. If they mess up the balance, grind and force it in an unhealthy fashion. I can kiss warframe goodbye for months or years.

• Like 2

I don't hate Railjack, but I don't want Railjack combat to become the primary focus; I would prefer if Railjack became something extra added to missions, rather than it being the focus with fighting ground units being the extra like it currently is. Due to the nature of Railjack, the one person soloing in a group is worse than it is for normal missions, as it leaves no room for the other 3 people to really do anything at all, and all the changes so far has only made it even easier to have one person do everything on their own; even adding objectives that require entering a ship is pointless when there's only 1-2 enemies that are going to spawn and all you do is hack a couple consoles.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, kyori said:

Railjack and main game are 2 different islands.... which you cannot put together.

There is a way, change every mission in the star chart to have a Railjack section in the mission flow and then Bam! Railjack is now part of the main game. 

Edited by DrivaMain
  • Like 4

If it's used as an alternate-but-equal means of progression through the game, I won't really care.

If it's forced and becomes the way to progress, kind of like they did with the Erra quest, it's going to be very questionable.

Despite the updates to Railjack, it's very much a skeleton, especially compared to the main Warframe game and especially when it relies on the Archwing system that, itself, isn't terribly fleshed out. Four Archwings ATM, one of which is pretty much the meta, and a melee system that still isn't updated even to Melee 2.0 standards. It's not bad, in the unplayable sense, but the lower amount of depth and features to it really leaves it as something best made as an addendum or alternate to the main game's style, not a replacement.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

There is a way, change every mission in the star chart to have a Railjack section in the mission flow and then Bam! Railjack is now part of the main game. 

Alternatively, bring every main reward type into Railjack (save quests and that sort), then have most if not all future progression based on it, which seems easier and more likely.

So, Kuva missions, fissure missions that sort.

In answer to the main question, I like Railjack, so yes.

• Like 1

I would be very surprised if DE forces anything.

If I had to guess, they will simply do events or missions where by the use of squad link or equivalent, you as a player can choose if you want to do "space" or "ground", pretty much like they did already with Scarlet Spear.

I've never seen DE closing any door to any player group that has relevance on the player base, and I'm sure they are well aware that Railjack in its essence, the arcady space pew pew shooter part, is something that doesn't appeal to a lot of Warframe players.

Railjack Changes are excellent, I'm having more fun than before. I don't think there is inherently anything wrong with any of the changes.

The only downside is the Plat I've lost buying the Zetki mods.

Other than that I applaud the devs for this change. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

If it's forced and becomes the way to progress, kind of like they did with the Erra quest, it's going to be very questionable

It seems like this is DE’s method. Rising Tide Quest is part of the main quest storyline (TWW, TS, CP). I will not be suprised  if The New War Climax or Conclusion Cinematic Quest will have a railjack section.

46 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Will you quit the game or adapt to the changes once they start forcing it to the main game?

don't forget option 3.. which is try to play the content with a default or weak Railjack - because you ignored the mode up until now for whatever reason, and promptly get your a$$ kicked over and over as you smash against the Railjack difficulty wall, then go and post on the Forums about how DE shouldn't be forcing you to play this garbage content, and it's not your fault you never upgraded your Railjack, etc. etc... you know this is gonna happen.

personally, why would I quit? I'm in a great position if DE forces railjack into the main game: fully upgraded ship, intrinsics at 8 in all categories - not maxed, but good enough - and even if we're still waiting on Command Intrinsic and AI crew, I got a few people who know how to run a tight ship (pun intended). I also happen to genuinely like the mode, at least when the combat is Railjack focused.

for everyone else, I've said it before and I'll keep saying it; upgrade. your. ship. ASAP, because you'll need it. we likely will not have it totally forced into the entire game, just added as a new way of doing missions if you feel so inclined. but I'm all on board for more Railjack (another pun intended).

• Like 9

il y a 59 minutes, DrivaMain a dit :

Now that Railjack is in a “playable” state for a lot of people. DE can start their grand plan of “connecting it to the main game” project or the pessimistic term is “forcing it to everyone wether they like it or not”. From the other thread I just read there is also a fair share of people still not interested on Railjack in the slightest. Now my question is directed at those people.

I mean if by "main game" you mean in the next quest lines. Yes totally, can' wait.

I haven't been able to try out the railjack update PC just got but if it's half as good as it reads in the patch notes i'd be willing to give it a chance. 

My railjack is pretty much maxed out, aside from a couple pesky rare abilities that won't drop. I enjoy it generally, but having only, like, 2 mission types gets old after too much grinding- like the vanilla game. It was also a pain that the scale of the enemies only left a small handful of frames and one archwing that were usable. The only thing left to overhaul is the archwing (simply making them modular will only create a new meta one if they don't fix all of the abilities as well).

48 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

It seems like this is DE’s method. Rising Tide Quest is part of the main quest storyline (TWW, TS, CP). I will not be suprised  if The New War Climax or Conclusion Cinematic Quest will have a railjack section.

Then, NGL, I'll probably be jumping ship - pun intended. I signed up to play as space ninjas. The bait and switch with a stealth-based beginning (the tutorial, at least when I started, went on about stealth finishers and things like that) that turned into a horde shooter mid-game was bad enough. If they do that again with late game content? That's a bit much.

I don't fault DE for wanting to throw up new content and innovate like Railjack, but their method of integration is...bothersome. You could easily make it so that exterminate modes have a Railjack alternative, both of which take about the same amount of time and have equitable rewards. Nothing wrong with that. But when a poster above says "upgrade your ship ASAP because you'll need it", in a game that's been about being a one-man (note: not one-ship) army, and that statement is normal? That's not a sign of DE not knowing the direction of the core game. That's a sign of DE not caring.

• Like 8

The only thing I have to disagree with Railjack so far is how painfully easy it is now thanks to the last patch. But hey at least it's consistent with the rest of the game where anything resembling a completed non-min-maxed build makes everything boring.

But no I actually enjoyed solo Railjack and besides the bugs I don't understand why people were so put off from the mode in the first place. I suspect as was with Archwing on its release people got their day one patch first impressions and refused to accept that the mode could change and grow beyond that.

So yeah I fully welcome it into the main game. Just please DE can we have anything that at least takes some effort to complete?

Edited by trst

I think all the people who don't like railjack are going to be perfect complement to people who like railjack. There has to be ground team and railjack team for oplink to work, so people who like railjack are in railjacks, and people who don't like railjack aren't in railjacks. I don't see any outstanding problems with this. It looks like this might work out perfectly, but we'll see how it actually works when patch arrives.

Edited by 32768
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

That's not a sign of DE not knowing the direction of the core game. That's a sign of DE not caring.

Fun fact, Railjack in the main game is actually the main vision of Warframe back in 2012! But at the time of early stages of Warframe development DE doesn’t have enough budget to pull it off, so they opt to the corridor style Warframe we have today. Now that Warframe is bringing lots of profits to DE and Investors they can focus on that original vision.

Edited by DrivaMain
  • Like 4