Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need a better effective way to kill crewships

MouadSaqui

19 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

Requires to a last blow of main gun is one of the most terrible idea to kill the enemy. Hey, it requires you to put rank 5 in artillery in the first place.

Also why it is not allowed to just shoot it to death, if it is supposed to be ship to ship battle.

After blow off the enemy crewship by boarding several times, I wonder why I need a railjack. Can't we just start with an archwing and hijack crewships one by one instead, as we did in sabotage, which is a non-railjack mission? I think that it would be much easier and better.

To me it seems that DE pushed squad play so hard that Railjack playerbase now consider it part of the dogma, I mean the idea of shooting crewships to death is Bad, to me its a Must have, and its just a matter of time and we will see it in game, remember that most of these changes DE did last update we've been talking about here in the forums since Empyrean release... 

again, Railjack now feels more fun then what it used to be, I wasn't fan of it until last update, but it still needs more mechanics, otherwise the railjack itself if only useful agaisnt fighters 🙂 .... its wierd!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Eh, then the Forward Artillery would be mostly redundant. Perhaps limiting their ability to "Self Revive" to only 3 times would work better (IE: After draining their health for the third time, their reactors go into meltdown).

I actually like your Idea ! that recuding crewships HP to 0 muliple times should cause a reactor meltdown or something !

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Eh, then the Forward Artillery would be mostly redundant. Perhaps limiting their ability to "Self Revive" to only 3 times would work better (IE: After draining their health for the third time, their reactors go into meltdown).

IMO would be fine if Crewships at higher levels were just made bullet-spongy enough to justify using FA.

Remember when during the reveal they shot the Forward Artillery at a capital ship? Now we use it on basic small cruisers. Neat. A Capital Ship Killer weapon is used for low level ships. Awesome.

That aside, I'd like to see Crewships be destructible by continuous turret fire. Damage portions like the engines, then the main hull and then say like another part on the underside becomes open to fire which leads right to the reactor to blow it up. Make it faster but more dangerous to board the vessel. Simple as that. Then let the bigger ships start flashing in. The Railjack is an Orokin all-purpose spacecraft clearly designed to be a threat to all classes of ship. I want to take down capital ships with this thing.

• Like 1

hace 15 horas, MouadSaqui dijo:

Well, Railjack is almost there, all we need now is a faster way to destroy Crewships, I mean, ship owners should have access to the Canons without leaving pilot seat so that they can destroy crewships faster, it make no sense if you have to stop moving to destroy crewships.

what do you think about it ?

Its either that or giving the big gun´s seat more functions, 

Manual shields are an option like in macross

https://robotech.fandom.com/wiki/Pinpoint_Barrier_System

• Like 1

Ehh well being able to fire the buster cannon well piloting would be nice.  In higher missions its not effective most of the time.

I prefer a player board the crewship and kill its reactor from the inside.  Its more effective then beating on the ship from the outside.

14 часов назад, JackHargreav сказал:

Currently I'm thinking about removing the forward artillery mod since it boosts damage way too much on a weapon that is already powerfull.

yeah about that. just finished few runs in the veil to test your idea. From a range of 15000m it is possible to ohk CS with Tunguska without Forward Artillery avionics. Damage differs from 220 to 350k. Yeah, no need in that avionics. I also removed Warhead as well, because default Tycho Seeker MK3 is enough to strip CS out of its shield.

Instead of these avionics my RJ now equipped with Conic Nozzle and Ion Burn avionics and it is pretty neat with Vidar Engine.

p.s. i think DE should make it in a way, that Tunguska with Forward Artillery avionics would be able to kill CS no matter where you hit it. Hull breach or something like that.

Edited by Kel_Silonius
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Corvid said:

I was amused playing a previous mission where the “shipkiller” platform was firing at my ship, only there was a disabled crewship between us.

It was at zero health, but not exploding. I still had to pop over to take out the reactor. Seemed very silly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kel_Silonius said:

Instead of these avionics my RJ now equipped with Conic Nozzle and Ion Burn avionics and it is pretty neat with Vidar Engine.

A non +dmg Avionic in your build?!

HERETICAL! SO HERETICAL!! THE EMPEROR CONDEMNS!

After RJ enemy rework, it is rather easy now.

Use Artillery Cannon, with increase artillery damage mod, it already one shot crewship, no matter where u aim, even in veil region.

If crewship has shield, just toss an missile and it will rip all shield off.

All it take is less then 10-15 secs.

By the way, artillery cheap shot mod is veeeeery useful, it greatly reduce the need to resupply ammo and increase solo experience.

Edited by dEjAvU5566

6 минут назад, dEjAvU5566 сказал:

no matter where u aim

uuuugh no. you still have to aim for main engine or one of engine gondolas on the sides of CS. shot in the center of mass may not kil a CS even with Forward Artillery avionics.

There are 2 ways for crew ships handling properly.

Option 1: As they spawn you Dome them yourself. There are two cons: First is that as you are doing that you are not killing small ships. The second is that you'll need to refill dome charges. If you are not alone in your ship it is pretty degrading as you are basically doing everything youself while the 1-3 others nobos are slacking on side turrets or editing their adult site blog.

Option 2: Crew Ships are handled by 1 or 2 players as they spawn

Delay crew ship aggro sux, if you don't kill them early on you get snowballed by mechanics for no particular reason. At the end of the day even if RailJack stupidly easy now, squads should spread.

The alternatives are:

- form a premade party

- join existing crews and play properly, if the host sux: leave without saying a word at the end of the mission (missions can't last more than 5minutes tbh)

Edited by Galuf

6 hours ago, Galuf said:

Option 2: Crew Ships are handled by 1 or 2 players as they spawn

Delay crew ship aggro sux, if you don't kill them early on you get snowballed by mechanics for no particular reason. At the end of the day even if RailJack stupidly easy now, squads should spread.

Disable their engines, and ignore the Crewships until all the fighters are down. Just keep an eye out for the occasional Ramsled launch otherwise.

I personally zip over via Slingshot to take them out afterward, since wasting the cannon ammo is annoying. I'd like to see a way to at least upgrade that with Dirac or something, since it's such a limited magazine.

• Like 1

the problem is the forward artillary...its very easy to miss the shot because the light is so bright we cant see s***t....

foward artillary needs a remake/rework because its sux.

i always use slingshot because its more effective and fast.

Edited by Luciole77
  • Like 2

On 2020-05-04 at 4:50 AM, MouadSaqui said:

Well, Railjack is almost there, all we need now is a faster way to destroy Crewships, I mean, ship owners should have access to the Canons without leaving pilot seat so that they can destroy crewships faster, it make no sense if you have to stop moving to destroy crewships.

what do you think about it ?

Integrate the canon in the pilot seat, remove the 2 side turrets and make 1 on top of the ship.

Or keep the 2 on the side and add a 3rd turret on top or bottom. And make each one separate so you can equip a different weapon in each one. Then we would have a reason to farm and upgrade 4 different turrets and/or 4 of our favorite turrets or 4 of each turret!

Either way, I like the idea of giving control of Dome Charges to the pilot. Also, make tactical lockable. I'm tired of new people shooting my Particle Ram off into deep space just as I'm turning around to mow down a sled.

Edited by Wearbe

What would be sweet butter sauce is a way to CAPTURE crewships. We do it on the ground with Eidolons and we used to Divert as well as clean out ships to salvage. What reason does Cy want to destroy every dang thing in space? 

Give us the ability to clear the ship, Cypher the drives, and then when we leave the captured ship, our Orbiter comes through attaches to crew ships, and jumps out. 

Destroy or Capture....should be the way we can play. 

How many ways can one destroy something in Railjack?

Slingshot is pretty effective as u go over kill everyone  loor the ship and destroy it from the inside troube is LOT OF ppl dont know slingshot exist and  EVEN more wont use it god knows why..........reason  i have to get out of cuckpit and do it myself hoping some bonobo wont going rouge on my ship cuz i still have  no power over them GOD knows one day im gona scream over voicechat so they will understand.

45 minutes ago, Wearbe said:

Or keep the 2 on the side and add a 3rd turret on top or bottom. And make each one separate so you can equip a different weapon in each one. Then we would have a reason to farm and upgrade 4 different turrets and/or 4 of our favorite turrets or 4 of each turret!

Either way, I like the idea of giving control of Dome Charges to the pilot. Also, make tactical lockable. I'm tired of new people shooting my Particle Ram off into deep space just as I'm turning around to mow down a sled.

I agree dome should be  accesable for the pilot whithout leaving the wheel. Seems pretty obvius now.........

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

What would be sweet butter sauce is a way to CAPTURE crewships. We do it on the ground with Eidolons and we used to Divert as well as clean out ships to salvage. What reason does Cy want to destroy every dang thing in space? 

Give us the ability to clear the ship, Cypher the drives, and then when we leave the captured ship, our Orbiter comes through attaches to crew ships, and jumps out. 

Destroy or Capture....should be the way we can play. 

That would be really cool to be able to farm them for extra resources. You can already take control of them once you've cleared their crew out, but would also be cool to hack them or something for a base AI to allow you to have them as a squadron during combat.

I agree, Cy sure does like to blow things up :P

1 hour ago, HoustonDragon said:

Disable their engines, and ignore the Crewships until all the fighters are down. Just keep an eye out for the occasional Ramsled launch otherwise.

I personally zip over via Slingshot to take them out afterward, since wasting the cannon ammo is annoying. I'd like to see a way to at least upgrade that with Dirac or something, since it's such a limited magazine.

There is an avonic now that MAY MAY MAY MAY MAY not going to consume dome charges after shooting whit it wich i find pretty pointless to have as a mod.

Like the mass effect heatsink reference.