The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stated by [DE]Helen, there will be 1~2 week break between Intermission II and Series 3. Why is that a thing ?

Vackz_

Why you guys would decided make a break between Intermission and next series, there is just no point at all. A a break for break, do u know how ridiculous that sound ? Why cant u guys just post a Series 3 page and actually tell us the #*!%ing start date and continue the intermission if you guys would actually know there will be a break. If u guys are worried about the image of stuff like that of your content, don't, because that just will end it up breaking your image more.

Edited by Vackz_
  • Like 30

Dude, this is WF we're talking about, this is expected at this point, no point getting mad about it anymore. Let it go, let them do what they want with their game and enjoy it while you can.

At-least the "RJ 2.0" is something right?

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 3

"I'm incapable of understanding that working from home creates a plethora of unseen issues, delays and setbacks, and the fact that DE can't perfectly adapt is going to be the end of them."

• Like 15

The real question is: Why is that thread a thing?

Spoiler

Nightwave Series 1 — The Wolf of Saturn Six: February 27th, 2019 - May 19th, 2019

Nightwave Intermission 1: June 12th, 2019 - July 5th, 2019

Nightwave Series 2 — The Emissary: July 6th, 2019 - October 13th, 2019

Nightwave Intermission 2: October 21st, 2019 - May 3rd, 2020

Only between Intermission 1 and Series 2 there was no break.
But there were breaks between Series 1 and Intermission 1 and between Series 2 and Intermission 2.
So theses breaks are more often a thing than they aren't.

And how is it, OP, that you can't even wait for 2 weeks?
It's just 2 weeks...
And don't say that NW gives you something to do. Finishing one week's challenges takes 1 hour. That's hardly any content...

• Like 9

You probably have consoles to thank for the delay. 

We havent got RJ revised yet so thats a thing.   We are also getting tennogen.   That stuff probably requires a cert.  

Deadlock is going to happen very very soon....  I imagine they would love to squish that into console cert and then release NW3 on PC and then Consoles would get RJ/Tennogen/Deadlock AND NW3 all at once and both platforms would be synced up for a little bit....

-----------------------

I have a bunch of other games I could be spending time with.  I hit rank 90 of intermission 2 months ago lol.  But I still log in and spend all my time with warframe.  

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Hide contents

Nightwave Series 1 — The Wolf of Saturn Six: February 27th, 2019 - May 19th, 2019

But there were breaks between Series 1 and Intermission 1 and between Series 2 and Intermission 2.

It's just 2 weeks...
And don't say that NW gives you something to do. Finishing one week's challenges takes 1 hour. That's hardly any content...

he wants to grind early for that luxury sports car at tier 30 

• Like 1

A little disappointing for sure. 

But I can live with it, if it doesn't become another few months before the next installment.

The ghoul purge will also elevate parts of the issue of getting nitain. 

DE could definitely plan better than what it is though. 

• Like 1

It seems that alot of people are cool with it in this thread. But why coudn't they just keep the intermission up and let us have that while the glassmaker is DElayed. What if I need nitain.

It is annoying when they promise a date and then change it but I understand why. What I don't get is why we can't keep the intermission up while we wait. 

(edit: just remembered you can get nitain from ghouls but nightwave was/is far better for getting it and ghouls suck)

Edited by MrHBN
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

It's just 2 weeks...

OP is probably one of those people who couldn't reach max rank and get every reward. So their problem is that Intermission II ends early, for no reason, not that Glassmaker won't start right now.

Btw I feel for those people. Are they terribly late for the party? Yes. Are they procrastinators? Sure. But a lot of people needed only a few thousand standing, and they couldn't finish because of the bug that doesn't allow past acts to recover after a while. And it sucks so hard that in spite of their bad timing, they still should be able to finish the grinding, but are stopped by a bug. Damn, I understand their emotional posts.

Edited by (PS4)Viveeeh
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Wyrd_Oh said:

"I'm incapable of understanding that working from home creates a plethora of unseen issues, delays and setbacks, and the fact that DE can't perfectly adapt is going to be the end of them."

There's really no reason to end the intermission without starting a new NW season though. It's not like DE manually set NW tasks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrHBN said:

It seems that alot of people are cool with it in this thread. But why coudn't they just keep the intermission up and let us have that while the glassmaker is DElayed. What if I need nitain.

Then you just wait 2 weeks.
You don't need it right now and later you wouldn't need it anymore...

It is annoying when they promise a date and then change it but I understand why

They didn't change anything? They never said that Series 3 will start immediately when Intermission 2 is over...

1 minute ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

OP is probably one of those people who couldn't reach max rank and get every reward. So their problem is that Intermission II ends early, for no reason, not that Glassmaker won't start right now.

It was running for so long. I get what you mean, but this is hardly a reasoning. Especially because OP didn't talk about that. So this can't be it.

Edited by WhiteMarker
  • Like 3

Just now, WhiteMarker said:

It's hard to argue that there's no reason for ending Intermission early. A completely pointless decision.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xaero said:

There's really no reason to end the intermission without starting a new NW season though. It's not like DE manually set NW tasks.

Just now, Xaero said:

It's hard to argue that there's no reason for ending Intermission early. A completely pointless decision.

There is no reason why you can't wait 2 weeks. A completely pointless rant.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

They didn't change anything? They never said that Series 3 will start immediately when Intermission 2 is over...

Plus I stayed up till midnight waiting for it but because I don't watch the livestreams and had no idea about the break. Turns out it DE helen said in the middle of a stream this would happen. 

WHY WAS THERE NO DAMN ANNOUNCEMENT IN-GAME  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

There is no reason why you can't wait 2 weeks. A completely pointless rant.

What do you mean by "you can't"? Who can't? Everyone is doing that right now. Removing an additional activity without any reason is a bad decision and that's it. They've been doing the same thing with Prime Access releases, for no reason, and later removed those delays. Yet now they repeat the same mistake but with Nightwave.

Edited by Xaero
  • Like 4

Plus I stayed up till midnight waiting for it but because I don't watch the livestreams and had no idea about the break. Turns out it DE helen said in the middle of a stream this would happen. 

Don't you read news tab?

dCU4sT3.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, WhiteMarker said:

Reveal hidden contents

It's just 2 weeks...

the reason there was a break in between series 1 and intermission 1 was incompetence. They were prepared and learnt from that for series 2 and intermission 2. but now they have a genuine reason for delaying it which is fine but what was the point of not continuing the intermission till it is ready 

22 minutes ago, MrHBN said:

Looking at the news-sections once in a while is difficult, isn't it? And reading is hard aswell?
It's saying: In the coming weeks, Nightwave Series 3: Glassmaker will start to unfold.
And it doesn't say that Series 3 starts immediately. You jumped to conclusions and now you are blaming others? Well played...

15 minutes ago, MrHBN said:

the reason there was a break in between series 1 and intermission 1 was incompetence. They were prepared and learnt from that for series 2 and intermission 2. but now they have a genuine reason for delaying it which is fine but what was the point of not continuing the intermission till it is ready 

If this was true, there wouldn't have been a break between Series 2 and Intermission 2. Stop making things up, and wait 2 weeks. If you can't do that, you have to be a impatient child. And then I would wonder if you are even old enough to play Warframe...

15 minutes ago, Xaero said:

What do you mean by "you can't"? Who can't? Everyone is doing that right now. Removing an additional activity without any reason is a bad decision and that's it. They've been doing the same thing with Prime Access releases, for no reason, and later removed those delays. Yet now they repeat the same mistake but with Nightwave.

You said there is no reason for it to end soon. But it was running for ages. Everyone had already hit the max rank. (that's me assuming that DE got that from their numbers...)
There was no point in having it run any longer. 
And there is also no point to this rant. If we were looking at a month long break, sure. But 1 to 2 weeks? That's hardly a wait.
And did they really remove "additional activities"? NW adds 1 hour of playtime per week. In reality it doesn't even do that, as many challenges get are done by just playing the game casually. So maybe 30 minutes of additional activities per week. That's nothing...

Edited by WhiteMarker
  • Like 2