The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stated by [DE]Helen, there will be 1~2 week break between Intermission II and Series 3. Why is that a thing ?

Vackz_

1 hour ago, Wyrd_Oh said:

"I'm incapable of understanding that working from home creates a plethora of unseen issues, delays and setbacks, and the fact that DE can't perfectly adapt is going to be the end of them."

Yes it's totally normal for the intermission to last longer then the mission itself. We all know intermission II started from Oct 2019 and the work from home started from last month totally interrupted their plan of work. I mean who can possibly ask the devs to plan before head and work in the previous 5 months? Totally unreasonable.  Seriously screw those players.

And we require a break after intermission because inter-intermission is a thing. I mean intermission is an effortless reuse of assets aready but who even cares? Instead of letting it stays for 2 more weeks I think just ending it and replace it with emptiness is just a better idea. Who could possibly think otherwise?

Edited by Marvelous_A
  • Like 7

14 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Looking at the news-sections once in a while is difficult, isn't it? And reading is hard aswell?
It's saying: In the coming weeks, Nightwave Series 3: Glassmaker will start to unfold.
And it doesn't say that Series 3 starts immediately. You jumped to conclusions and now you are blaming others? Well played...

If this was true, there wouldn't have been a break between Series 2 and Intermission 2. Stop making things up, and wait 2 weeks. If you can't do that, you have to be a impatient child. And then I would wonder if you are even old enough to play Warframe...

I click on the link in the in-game news chat and it said nothing of the delay. The dev note doesn't mention the delay. For series 2 they told us there would be a delay until intermission 2 

whereas series 1 didn't have any warning which is why I stated that was due to incompetence and that they learned. Now this issue is that they did let us know but only if you got halfway through some random stream which not that many of the playerbase watch. There is nothing in PC announcements. All I had to go off was a facebook post which said it would arrive 3rd of may from warframes facebook page. Also that the nightwave was ending so presumably the new one would start immediately after due to no word of a delay being heard. Nothing on PC updates or announcements said it would be delayed. 

I'm sorry that I am a fool who can't read something that isn't there. If someone said you will be getting a new phone and on *random date* they would take your oldone and they took away your phone that date and left. You would be confused and run where you can get info on why you now have no phone or the new one. Just for the company to say "oh well we never said you would get the phone immediately after taking the old one". 

42 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

You said there is no reason for it to end soon. But it was running for ages. Everyone had already hit the max rank. (that's me assuming that DE got that from their numbers...)

How is this a reason to end it without starting a new season though?

There was no point in having it run any longer. 

Ok, look. It is an additional activity that allows you to complete tasks and get rewards. It motivates players to invest their time which is good for the game.

And there is also no point to this rant. If we were looking at a month long break, sure. But 1 to 2 weeks? That's hardly a wait.

That's not a pointless rant but a feedback, which should be more civilized ofc, but still voices a justified opinion. And the more feedback about pointless breaks DE receive, the higher the chances they will stop making them.

On the other hand, repeating "shut up and just wait", as well as calling feedback a "rant" brings nothing to the discussion. You are welcome to give your arguments on why a break between Intermission and new NW season is needed, though I guess you don't have any.

And did they really remove "additional activities"? NW adds 1 hour of playtime per week.

Are we talking about your week specifically? Because I doubt all weekly tasks take no more than an hour for every single player. There are also daily tasks that require you to login at least once in 3 days if you're aiming to complete them all.

In reality it doesn't even do that, as many challenges get are done by just playing the game casually.

Are we talking about the way you play the game specifically? Because I doubt everyone plays Warframe in the exact same way as you do.

That's nothing...

Is there a universal method to define the value of time spent in the game? Would be good to know why an hour is nothing.

Edited by Xaero
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Wyrd_Oh said:

"I'm incapable of understanding that working from home creates a plethora of unseen issues, delays and setbacks, and the fact that DE can't perfectly adapt is going to be the end of them."

Could have extended the existing nighwave and added 3-5 levels for every week or whatever.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

Yes it's totally normal for the intermission to last longer then the mission itself. We all know intermission II started from Oct 2019 and the work from home started from last month totally interrupted their plan of work. I mean who can possibly ask the devs to plan before head and work in the previous 5 months? Totally unreasonable.  Seriously screw those players.

And we require a break after intermission because inter-intermission is a thing. I mean intermission is an effortless reuse of assets aready but who even cares? Instead of letting it stays for 2 more weeks I think just ending it and replace it with emptiness is just a better idea. Who could possibly think otherwise?

lol. Well said. Like the subtle sarcasm there.

I'm both kinda surprised at some of the other posts here that "Defend DE no matter what" and not surprised at the same time.

Edited by IronHair
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

You probably have consoles to thank for the delay.

35 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

They also need time to get Nightwave thru cert for consoles.

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

Nightwave is aimed to be released on ALL Platforms. So blame Console Cert for that, that is out of DE’s Control.

I believe they already did that a few days ago. There was a hotfix with nothing added because of spoilers. They usually do that for things that are synced with PC, and there is no new prime for a couple of months, it has to be NW. I think some people here didn't really get OP's point. Ending the current intermission if there's a guaranteed 2 weeks window for the next is pointless and takes away any chance latecomers have to get the goodies before it goes away for no reason.

"5/1/2020 - Hotfix #5

Behind the scenes content - nothing to see here (until release!)"

PS4    XBOX     Switch

• Like 1

Can we go back to the forums actually critizing DE for obvious mistakes. How can anyone defend ending the Intermission (the time between Nightwave seasons) with a 2-3 week pause, which will undoubtably get delayed further, instead of adding another 30 ranks to the itnermission or even just letting it run till Glassmaker actually comes out?

• Like 3

certifications a B1tch, amirite?

all platforms have to get nightwave simultaneously, which means waiting for certification. also gives DE a little more breathing room. I imagine they will also try to drop Railjack Revised in the same update, so that's also something to consider.

3 hours ago, MrHBN said:

I click on the link in the in-game news chat and it said nothing of the delay. The dev note doesn't mention the delay. For series 2 they told us there would be a delay until intermission 2 

whereas series 1 didn't have any warning which is why I stated that was due to incompetence and that they learned. Now this issue is that they did let us know but only if you got halfway through some random stream which not that many of the playerbase watch. There is nothing in PC announcements. All I had to go off was a facebook post which said it would arrive 3rd of may from warframes facebook page. Also that the nightwave was ending so presumably the new one would start immediately after due to no word of a delay being heard. Nothing on PC updates or announcements said it would be delayed. 

I'm sorry that I am a fool who can't read something that isn't there. If someone said you will be getting a new phone and on *random date* they would take your oldone and they took away your phone that date and left. You would be confused and run where you can get info on why you now have no phone or the new one. Just for the company to say "oh well we never said you would get the phone immediately after taking the old one". 

This is indefensibly stupid. Glassmaker comes out whenever it comes out. Okay. Fine. Whatever. 

But there is ZERO point to ending intermission 2 a week (or more) before glassmaker. None. Zero. Nothing. 

• Like 3

I mean its frustrating and annoying I agree , that we can not get series 3 right away but in the bigger picture if u think, they are probably preparing to give us a more polished final version of Glassmaker which we all want right. SO lets wait it out. On the brighter side if u ask me, I guess we will get the Deadlock Protocol update too along with the Glassmaker coz that update is supposed to be released in May..So stay tuned for that and lets hope we get both of them together ...

5 hours ago, Vackz_ said:

Why you guys would decided make a break between Intermission and next series, there is just no point at all. A a break for break, do u know how ridiculous that sound ? Why cant u guys just post a Series 3 page and actually tell us the #*!%ing start date and continue the intermission if you guys would actually know there will be a break. If u guys are worried about the image of stuff like that of your content, don't, because that just will end it up breaking your image more.

This ^ 

DE is DE at the end of the day 😬😔

5 hours ago, Wyrd_Oh said:

Using the work from home as an excuse for the two week delay because DE releases Nightwave on all platforms at the same time because blaming work from home for an ongoing standard release schedule is better than actually sticking with the reality of the process.

Please...simply stop with this lame "work from home is what is causing this delay" justification.

Nightwave is released on all platforms at the same time (based on previous history)...and it takes about two weeks for the console certification process. People wanting too blame "work from home" for this two week delay is just sad.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HoustonDragon said:

Cmon, bro, instant gratification only goes so far.

Correct, the term "instant gratification" can indeed only be stretched so far.

Begs the question as to why you're trying to stretch it though.

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

certifications a B1tch, amirite?

all platforms have to get nightwave simultaneously, which means waiting for certification. also gives DE a little more breathing room. I imagine they will also try to drop Railjack Revised in the same update, so that's also something to consider.

Please read my previous post.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

If you actually play the game you should have had no problems maxing out NW MONTHS ago.   I have no sympathy for anyone who had 6 freaking months to do NW and are now crying because they need two more weeks to farm more credits lol.

Not everyone has been playing for 6 months. The 2 week break on next NW is completely fine, but ending this intermission 2 weeks before a new NW releases is the issue people have because it makes no sense.

27 minutes ago, GreyDeath789 said:

Nightwave is released on all platforms at the same time (based on previous history)...and it takes about two weeks for the console certification process. People wanting too blame "work from home" for this two week delay is just sad.

Please read my previous post.

30 minutes ago, EzioTheEagle said:

I mean its frustrating and annoying I agree , that we can not get series 3 right away but in the bigger picture if u think, they are probably preparing to give us a more polished final version of Glassmaker which we all want right. SO lets wait it out. On the brighter side if u ask me, I guess we will get the Deadlock Protocol update too along with the Glassmaker coz that update is supposed to be released in May..So stay tuned for that and lets hope we get both of them together ...

It's about cutting out intermissions rewards for two weeks when it doesn't hurt keeping it up for those two weeks before the series 3 eventually releases.

35 minutes ago, HoustonDragon said:

Because they said so? Be happy it's not 4-6 weeks instead? Cmon, bro, instant gratification only goes so far.

It's about cutting out intermissions rewards for two weeks when it doesn't hurt keeping it up for those two weeks before the series 3 eventually releases.

All right let me be honest for a bit. 

I do not understand why console players still have nightwave while we dont. And that excuse = you already have to be max rank. It was here for ages...

No. 

Me and my friend ended with lvl 20. I have tried to do every challange Nora gives me. Even those recycled weekly. But i had only 2 left in saturday. Ayatan treasures and profit-taker that i do not have access yet. Yeah i am rank 1 in Little Duck standing or w/e it is. 

That was something I was realy enjoying. Griding lvls for that armor set. 

So NO, there are more players that came back.. And I do not see the point of taking away actual nightwave while the new one is being delayed. You could simply ignore actual nightwave without removing it. Why? because most of you have max rank already. So lets by just slightly more respectful with others, how about that. But what do I want, i am nobody to all of you warframe veterans right?. 

IDK what pisses me more. That nightwave glass maker is delayed or console players could still get few more lvls. 

Do not get me wrong guys, I am pissed. But I do not blame DEVs either. But this is the same old story. Same reason/s why i came back from another game, that was in the far worst state then this one. Those poor decisions that devided playerbase into those who agree with the Devs and those who dont. Its like never ending story.. with no compromise/s. 

5 minutes ago, TheSubRykon said:

IDK what pisses me more. That nightwave glass maker is delayed or console players could still get few more lvls.

I can help you with that. The later shouldn't piss you off at all because all platforms ended on May 3rd with no advantages over each other.

Edited by (PS4)lumen2ne1

1 minute ago, (PS4)lumen2ne1 said:

I can help you with that. The later shouldn't piss you off at all because all platforms ended on May 3rd with no advantages over each other.

S'also probably why they need the 1-2 week delay. Nightwave generally launches simultaneously on all platforms and I'd wager the extra week or two is necessary to both make sure they have all their ducks in a row, and to make sure the various platform holders are all, more or less, on the same page and there are as few snarls as there will be before they launch.

1 minute ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

S'also probably why they need the 1-2 week delay. Nightwave generally launches simultaneously on all platforms and I'd wager the extra week or two is necessary to both make sure they have all their ducks in a row, and to make sure the various platform holders are all, more or less, on the same page and there are as few snarls as there will be before they launch.

Please read my previous posts in this thread. T_T