The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash blade storm to work SIMILAR to peacemaker to achieve ease of use for consoles

Ash goes through intense focus looking for someone to murder 

Then Instantly summons his clones to attack enemies in his narrow field of view

You can use teleport while bladestorm is active to summon a third clone for faster DPS

Each finisher strike consumes energy 

Finisher kills won't cost any energy 

Just why can't it be like this^

Edited by (PS4)Hopper_Orouk
  • Like 3

Because Mesa's ult is one of the most problematic abilities in the game right now, for how braindead it is to kill things with absolutely no effort, at huge range and basically ruin any form of fun the other 3 teammates have because stuff just dies instantly as it spawns.

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Just why can't it be like this^

Because it removes the hoops that DE added in to keep it from doing something similar to what you've described to begin with.

Here's the thing...

Bladestorm is not really an aoe. Even it's earlier versions were kept fairly target indiscriminate to enforce the notion that it isn't so much and aoe as it is a series of high damage single target attacks and ttk kept high to make it be less appetizing for use as an aoe. There was a period after Ash's biggest rework where the ability could be so powerful it became a massive powerful, albeit slow,  aoe.

DE didn't nerf it's damage per se... It nerfed it's ease of use because of player complaints. 

Anything players suggest that returns it to that ease of use state creates the same problems all over again.

Put simply, Bladestorm feels somewhat cumbersome to use compared to skills like Peacemaker or Old Bladestorm because that is precisely what was intended.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Pie_mastyr said:

I would prefer the ability to paint a new set of targets while the clones are killing the first set. Maybe shurikens could mark enemies as well? It might help with ash's difficulty competing with teammates.

"Animation speed is affected by mods that influence attack speed (e.g. Mod TT 20pxFury), Speed130xDark Speed, Warcry130xDark Warcry, and ArcaneStrike64x Arcane Strike. Animation speed is not affected by the base weapon's attack speed, Mod TT 20pxBerserker, or casting speed mods (e.g., Mod TT 20pxNatural Talent)."

Primed Fury and Quickening are pretty fast. I tried it myself. 

20 minutes ago, anarchy753 said:

Because Mesa's ult is one of the most problematic abilities in the game right now, for how braindead it is to kill things with absolutely no effort, at huge range and basically ruin any form of fun the other 3 teammates have because stuff just dies instantly as it spawns.

Salty nerf herder tears detected. 

And yes, because this is totally more "brain dead" than every other dps ability in the game. Saryn, equinox etc. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

"Animation speed is affected by mods that influence attack speed (e.g. Mod TT 20pxFury), Speed130xDark Speed, Warcry130xDark Warcry, and ArcaneStrike64x Arcane Strike. Animation speed is not affected by the base weapon's attack speed, Mod TT 20pxBerserker, or casting speed mods (e.g., Mod TT 20pxNatural Talent)."

Primed Fury and Quickening are pretty fast. I tried it myself. 

That's not what I mean, I am aware that you can improve the animation speed but there will always be a down time while you are marking targets. This down time is further exasperated when you have to wait for your clones to chop through 20 enemies first.

2 minutes ago, Pie_mastyr said:

That's not what I mean, I am aware that you can improve the animation speed but there will always be a down time while you are marking targets. This down time is further exasperated when you have to wait for your clones to chop through 20 enemies first.

That down time is intentional.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Pie_mastyr said:

A crazy idea: maybe dont waste all your time actually trying to mark 20 enemies....

How about you mark a "cluster" of enemies, activate Blade Storm, then....using your radar....head in a different direction and maybe shoot or melee some more enemies.....

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

And yes, because this is totally more "brain dead" than every other dps ability in the game. Saryn, equinox etc. 

It is actually.

Mesa presses 4 then holds fire and maybe spins the camera around.

Saryn has to 1 an enemy, hit it/kill it, then constantly run around making sure that she is killing stuff before the spores wipe the map to keep them up. If they die, you have to find another enemy and spore it. 4 can rectify this, but not always.

Equinox presses 4, then has to kill a few enemies manually, then press 4 again. Depending on what you're fighting, you may actually have to kill many enemies to break through their armour! Against the infested, Equinox has to make sure that high priority targets are dead before releasing (healers/disruptors), or you won't kill unless you manually kill a factor of 10.

Out of those 3 examples specifically, seems that Mesa is the most "braindead"! She doesn't even play the regular game, while the other 2 have to to some degree.

Edited by (NSW)Matt-S
  • Like 7

11 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

We're not "salty nerf herders" for not actively trying to ruin a frame.

That's like saying "Hey let's give every frame an instant nuke! What....no? Wow you're a salty nerf herder bro Hurr durr"

• Like 4

Saying something is braindead doesn't necessarily mean calling for a nerf. I use Mesa myself and personally couldn't care either way.

The reason being, by the way, is because unless you're playing very high level content, Mesa will wipe the map before you can do much. Making Ash's Bladestorm work in a similar manner would be exactly the same, especially since Ash does true damage.

Edited by (NSW)Matt-S
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

I have put up a post outlining his problems and the solutions to fix them, tell me what you think.

I think you need more moderation, because spamming your own thread in every topic you can instead of commenting on the actual thread you're posting in is just sad.

And yeah yeah, you've got me on ignore because I hurt your feelings that one time. It's not all about you and your repetitive threads though, engage with other peoples ideas. 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

I'll say this on the Mesa issue:

I, personally, don't see anything wrong with Mesa currently... Glass Cannons are supposed to be able to kill quickly and even with her defensive options she can still be pretty glassy.

Mesa's issue is similar to what Ash's was in that you have a bunch of crap players who run her in groups very inconsiderately.

Because of that, Mesa is a few "not fun to play around" forum complaints away from being being targeted by the nerf hammer.

Sadly, you can't police player behavior to stop those complaints short of ability adjustments. The thing about it is though that those players will just run to whatever they have dubbed the next "easy nuke frame" and start all over.

It's a vicious cycle.

5 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

I, personally, don't see anything wrong with Mesa currently... Glass Cannons are supposed to be able to kill quickly and even with her defensive options she can still be pretty glassy.

Not to be rude but Mesa is a tank, by every definition. She is most certainly not a glass cannon.

Her 3 gives her 95% damage reduction to everything except melee, except melee attacks will never get close to you as Mesa. Her Prime Version has the 5th highest amount of base HP in the game, which can be increased to 455 (making it the 4th) by not equipping a melee weapon, which essentially gives her another 1,000 EHP in practice (more due to armour, but I'm too lazy to calculate). Not to mention that shield gating exists, and Shatter Shield applies to her shields too.

Not to mention her 2 will also stun enemies and jam their guns, although most Mesa builds run negative range.

Give her Adapation and Mesa is unkillable. You don't even need HP mods.

Edited by (NSW)Matt-S
  • Like 6

56 minutes ago, anarchy753 said:

Mesa and Saryn. Ash used to belong here but now he is balanced. Now we just need that for Mesa and Saryn and we'll finally be able to play any mission type normally again.

• Like 4