The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash blade storm to work SIMILAR to peacemaker to achieve ease of use for consoles

6 minutes ago, (PS4)grayhyh said:

Mesa has DR also so... people would still use her probs.

Without Peacemaker, Mesa would be outclassed by Gara in basically every way, and besides there're a ton of DR options nowadays.

But then that's comparing full frames to a frame without an ultimate ability, which isn't really fair.

You guys seem to forget all your arguments apparently revolve around low level enemies. 

Yes I'm sure some random Mesa on your squad is just DESTROYING those lv60 sortie enemies. 

Mesa is fairly well balanced because she's high risk high reward. Once enemy level gets higher she can get her ass blown off just fine. Nothing Mesa has helps against aoe/splash damage for example. Her firepower is her theme and it comes at the cost of mobility. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, (PS4)grayhyh said:

Mesa has DR also so... people would still use her probs.

I couldn't find that quote to respond to it....but people definitely dont main Mesas 4.....

I used her to solo MoT with range and mainly meleed everything. 

I honestly never even used her 4 until Scarlet spear lol.

4 hours ago, ES-Flinter said:

You want to say me that you enjoyed to press one button and stay in a repeating movie for the next 20s? 

I wouldn't even call it playing a game.

There's a reason why there's so many mobile games with idle/auto mode. Just because I like grinding for loots most of the time, doesn't mean I want to do it every single time. There's obviously a time where I want to spend the least amount of effort possible to get the loots.

And yes some people do enjoy pressing 1 button play style. My most used frames were pre-rework nekros after all. Joining multiple 1 hour t4 survival run in a day and just pressing 3 without macros/afk was how I spent most of my time. Hell I'm one of the few that used natural talent just so I can spam it faster.

Edited by -AiLuoLi-

35 minutes ago, SaidTheRogue said:

You guys seem to forget all your arguments apparently revolve around low level enemies. 

Yes I'm sure some random Mesa on your squad is just DESTROYING those lv60 sortie enemies. 

Mesa is fairly well balanced because she's high risk high reward. Once enemy level gets higher she can get her ass blown off just fine. Nothing Mesa has helps against aoe/splash damage for example. Her firepower is her theme and it comes at the cost of mobility. 

Exactly. Which is why she should not be changed either. She has great strengths that come with huge drawbacks if you're not careful i.e people dying in Peacemakers all day in SS that I revive lol.

3 hours ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

.I'm implying that you have no idea what you're talking about....because it's a bad and extremely nooby idea.

So I have no idea what I’m talking about because I don’t share your opinion. Right. Highly convincing argument there.

Wanting Ash’s Bladestorm to be like Mesa’s Peacemaker is not a bad idea, if done correctly. And how exactly is it “nooby?”. Do you refer to all opposition like that or are you one of those difficulty enthusiasts who just think if you’re not pressing five keys/buttons at the same time while standing on your head and reading aloud a passage from À la recherche du temps perdu to activate an ultimate ability, then you’re an inexperienced noob? You do know that veterans like things to be fairly easy right? There is a reason why Loki and Mesa are among the most used frames by MR20+

I like how people just expect others to take their word for it when they say something is a bad idea when all they have is their own personal opinion on what counts as “noobish”. Not liking an ability and wanting it to be changed into something more viable does not mean you’re inexperienced or a noob.

Edited by TheGodofWiFi

2 hours ago, SaidTheRogue said:

Ah yes, the high risk of being super durable, ranged, and with excellent auto aiming high damage burst guns with effectively infinite ammo, what a harrowing setup of traits. /s 

You know who is actually a proper example of a high risk high reward? Frames like Mag or Banshee who have incredible damage potential but in turn are extremely squishy and require a lot of attention to positioning and ability use to keep going.

Having to press two buttons everyone once in a while as you lazily sweep your mouse across the screen for everything to die from immense safety is hardly high risk, it isn't even high effort.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

Ah yes, the high risk of being super durable, ranged, and with excellent auto aiming high damage burst guns with effectively infinite ammo, what a harrowing setup of traits. /s 

You know who is actually a proper example of a high risk high reward? Frames like Mag or Banshee who have incredible damage potential but in turn are extremely squishy and require a lot of attention to positioning and ability use to keep going.

Having to press two buttons everyone once in a while as you lazily sweep your mouse across the screen for everything to die from immense safety is hardly high risk, it isn't even high effort.

Just to clarify, I DO NOT WANT BLADE STORM TO BE LIKE THAT

I just want blade storm to be more comfortable 

Blade storm is clunky because you can mark the same target multiple times. Added kludge to get what you should get for just one. So, make it do the same damage or similar for just one mark. 

Edited by SaidTheRogue

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Just to clarify, I DO NOT WANT BLADE STORM TO BE LIKE THAT

I just want blade storm to be more comfortable 

I feel that, his ult feels very clunky now and has barely any feedback when setting up, frankly though to that end I'd rather he just got a new ult than head Mesa's route, even if his would be slightly better balanced. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

If anything, you lot should focus your attention on buffing other frames instead of nerfing them. Frames that are functional but bland, such as Oberon and Inaros. Or frames that are so bad that even Banshee Prime has higher stat usage than them and they are the butt of all jokes in the game, such as Hydroid.

No.

Insta-gib isn't fun, never has been, never will be.

The game needs more challenge, I don't agree that Ash should recieve a nuke 4, I would prefer a "sleep" ability for Ash.

Saryn, Mesa and all the other nuke frames need reworks to bring them down. Frames are way too strong and enemy scaling is not enough to make the game a challenge.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RamRaid said:

No.

Insta-gib isn't fun, never has been, never will be.

The game needs more challenge, I don't agree that Ash should recieve a nuke 4, I would prefer a "sleep" ability for Ash.

Saryn, Mesa and all the other nuke frames need reworks to bring them down. Frames are way too strong and enemy scaling is not enough to make the game a challenge.

So you want Dark Souls basically.

You do realise that Warframe is a power fantasy game. If you want a challenge in then you’re better off looking elsewhere, instead of effectively asking for the game to be completely ruined with major nerfs to every single decent frame just so you can turn into a standard cover-shooter.

Killing a lot of enemies at once may not be fun for you, but for the grand majority of players it is a lot of fun to just completely wreck enemies and feel like a God.

Also, Ash is a ninja. He doesn’t put people to sleep.

You can jump off that train of thought because Warframe is never going to be a slow paced shooter, which is what you seem to want. 

Edited by TheGodofWiFi

2 hours ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

So I have no idea what I’m talking about because I don’t share your opinion. Right. Highly convincing argument there.

Wanting Ash’s Bladestorm to be like Mesa’s Peacemaker is not a bad idea, if done correctly. And how exactly is it “nooby?”. Do you refer to all opposition like that or are you one of those difficulty enthusiasts who just think if you’re not pressing five keys/buttons at the same time while standing on your head and reading aloud a passage from À la recherche du temps perdu to activate an ultimate ability, then you’re an inexperienced noob? You do know that veterans like things to be fairly easy right? There is a reason why Loki and Mesa are among the most used frames by MR20+

I like how people just expect others to take their word for it when they say something is a bad idea when all they have is their own personal opinion on what counts as “noobish”. Not liking an ability and wanting it to be changed into something more viable does not mean you’re inexperienced or a noob.

If you need to AFK some more there are frames for that. I'm MR 20 as well so no, I didnt know that MR20+ liked to play so lazily. You're better off just playing Mesa if you wanna wipe the screen in one button. 

I can provide some other MR 20+ super easy suggestions for you as well if you're going for maximum low effort and afk.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

So you want Dark Souls basically.

You do realise that Warframe is a power fantasy game. If you want a challenge in then you’re better off looking elsewhere, instead of effectively asking for the game to be completely ruined with major nerfs to every single decent frame just so you can turn into a standard cover-shooter.

Killing a lot of enemies at once may not be fun for you, but for the grand majority of players it is a lot of fun to just completely wreck enemies and feel like a God.

Also, Ash is a ninja. He doesn’t put people to sleep.

You can jump off that train of thought because Warframe is never going to be a slow paced shooter, which is what you seem to want. 

Any semblance of challenge doesnt equal Dark souls. So no....not "basically".

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

If you need to AFK some more there are frames for that. I'm MR 20 as well so no, I didnt know that MR20+ liked to play so lazily. You're better off just playing Mesa if you wanna wipe the screen in one button. 

I can provide some other MR 20+ super easy suggestions for you as well if you're going for maximum low effort and afk.

DE’s official Warframe usage spreadsheet by MR. Loki and Mesa are among the most played at high MR, with the former being at the very top.

You are in the minority when you say this type of playstyle is bad. Warframe is a power fantasy game. Continue being sarky all you like.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

Any semblance of challenge doesnt equal Dark souls. So no....not "basically”.

My reference to Dark Souls was obviously in reference to him wanting what is essentially a completely different game.

Do you now feel the need to reply to every post I make, even if its not directed at you?

Edited by TheGodofWiFi

26 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

DE’s official Warframe usage spreadsheet by MR. Loki and Mesa are among the most played at high MR, with the former being at the very top.

You are in the minority when you say this type of playstyle is bad. Warframe is a power fantasy game. Continue being sarky all you like.

My reference to Dark Souls was obviously in reference to him wanting what is essentially a completely different game.

Do you now feel the need to reply to every post I make, even if its not directed at you?

That data proves nothing other than people will use the best they can because that's what is available to them.

Nobody is saying the game should be "difficult" but why are you so afraid of a little challenge? What is it that you fear about not being able to press 4 delete?

Bet you're the kind of guy who doesn't stay past the first C rotation either right?

Edited by RamRaid
  • Like 2

Well, Ash doesn't need to be overpowered. But at least it is required to be controllable and usable. But I don't think that current Bladestorm fulfills that. Perhaps damage is good, but sniper rifles do this better with easier moves. Then why we are bothered to pick Ash in the first place?

5 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

Well, Ash doesn't need to be overpowered. But at least it is required to be controllable and usable. But I don't think that current Bladestorm fulfills that. Perhaps damage is good, but sniper rifles do this better with easier moves. Then why we are bothered to pick Ash in the first place?

Invisibility, with free slash procs from his 1. And fatal teleport is a great augment.

There, three reasons for you.

43 minutes ago, RamRaid said:

That data proves nothing other than people will use the best they can because that's what is available to them.

And why do you think that is? Because its more fun.

People prefer using the best things that allow them to breeze through the game because its fun. You and Tzu are in the minority when it comes to viewing this type of playstyle as not fun.

43 minutes ago, RamRaid said:

Nobody is saying the game should be "difficult" but why are you so afraid of a little challenge? What is it that you fear about not being able to press 4 delete?

Bet you're the kind of guy who doesn't stay past the first C rotation either right?

I see you and BeaTzu both favour insults and assumptions, rather than actually substantial replies.

Yes you are saying the game should be "difficult". What else are people supposed to take from you saying you want every popular frame to recieve a massive nerf.

Not afraid of difficulty at all. I highly enjoy high difficulty games such as Cuphead and Dark Souls. I used to run the old for hours Void when the key system was a thing. So I do enjoy difficulty. That doesn't mean I want every game I play to be a challenge and there is nothing wrong with that. If I want to take on challenging enemies that can't be killed easily, I will simply play a different game that was built for that. There is absolutely nothing wrong with liking a game where you can wipe entire battalions off the map pretty easily, alongside liking teeth-pullingly difficult games.

You however, seem to want to turn Warframe into something it has not been since 2014. Sorry to say, but your ideal vision of the game is never going to happen. If you want a more challenging game, there are plenty out there for you to indulge in. Warframe is a power-fantasy game. Stop trying to turn it into somthing else just because you personally don't like it.

I often wonder why people like you even play this game if you're that offended by the playstyle it promotes.

Edited by TheGodofWiFi

11 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

And why do you think that is? Because its more fun.

People prefer using the best things that allow them to breeze through the game because its fun. You and Tzu are in the minority when it comes to viewing this type of playstyle as not fun.

I see you and BeaTzu both favour insults and assumptions, rather than actually substantial replies.

Yes you are saying the game should be "difficult". What else are people supposed to take from you saying you want every popular frame to recieve a massive nerf.

Not afraid of difficulty at all. I highly enjoy high difficulty games such as Cuphead and Dark Souls. I used to run the old for hours Void when the key system was a thing. So I do enjoy difficulty. That doesn't mean I want every game I play to be a challenge and there is nothing wrong with that. If I want to take on challenging enemies that can't be killed easily, I will simply play a different game that was built for that. There is absolutely nothing wrong with liking a game where you can wipe entire battalions off the map pretty easily, alongside liking teeth-pullingly difficult games.

You however, seem to want to turn Warframe into something it has not been since 2014. Sorry to say, but your ideal vision of the game is never going to happen. If you want a more challenging game, there are plenty out there for you to indulge in. Warframe is a power-fantasy game. Stop trying to turn it into somthing else just because you personally don't like it.

I often wonder why people like you even play this game if you're that offended by the playstyle it promotes.

Hmm, your logic is interesting.

Give all frames a nuke 4. Buff them all so you can wipe lets say 300m radius of enemies from the map with a single hit.

Now all frames have that option.

So lets not take any guns, or melee weapons, or add health/energy or shield to a frame, or anything else. It's uneccesary. Every frame now has a nuke, the only difference between them all is the style.

Congratulations. You turned what could be a GREAT pc game, into a crappy mobile game to play on the toilet for 5 minutes at a time.

Superb.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

People choose the path of least resistance. Nothing new there. Why do you think Saryn exists and has a die hard group? I get it, but guess what....

I'm Loki right now.... with 2.27 sprint speed. I'm running a daily Simaris target because it's quick and easy. I also use him for quick Relics like captures.

But when I put Loki away.... and want to do something a bit more engaging in tougher content whether solo or in a group, premade or not....I use a different frame. I like playing with every frames different mechanics, because I can follow more steps than 1, 2, 3, 4. Frames like Gara, Garuda, Ash, Zephyr, Nyx, whatever.

If I want to just press 4, I have my 2x Umbral Saryn, my forma-laden Mesa or my 280 range Equinox etc.

We know it's a power fantasy. Everything in this game is incredibly OP. I could delete every riven I have right now and nothing would change, difficulty wise.

We made it....theres probably literally no other game with such a lack of respect for balance, and that's why I love it.....

But what you're talking about, though, is actively going back into a frames mechanics, to adjust it to make it more OP, because you either got so bored that you need a "new nuke", or....you simply dont want to move your finger left and right kinda fast for 2 seconds on your controller.

It would at least make sense if you guys were like "Yea, Ashs 4 is super weak....you cant even kill anything with it. Here's some ideas to help it keep up with other frames."

But that's not the case. I'm ripping high levels apart just fine. If anything, give people time to learn Ash and I guarantee he'd be more likely to receive a nerf.

1 hour ago, RamRaid said:

Now all frames have that option.

Did I say that? No. Continue being sarky and putting words in my mouth all you want but that doesn’t make it true.

I’m perfectly happy with where the game is right now and am not asking for a straight up delete everything before it even spawns button. I’d play Garry’s Mod if I was in that mood. Stop exaggerating and trying to twist my words.

Just because I defend frames like Mesa does not mean I effectively don’t want to play the game, because you people insist on falsely acting like all nuke-type frames require about as much input as pre-rework Mesa.

1 hour ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

I use a different frame.

So why are you even whinging then? If people prefer keeping the frame on, let them. Its no skin off of your nose if Ash’s fourth gets made less clunky, because the straight up truth of the matter is that it is clunky.

I love the blatant hypocrisy of how you’ll happily get out the cheese when its convenient, but you have the nerve to look down on people for using it more frequently than you.

56 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

to adjust it to make it more OP, because you either got so bored that you need a "new nuke", or....you simply dont want to move your finger left and right kinda fast for 2 seconds on your controller.

All you can do is offer insults that just show how you just don’t like people who don’t share your view. Again, a very convincing argument.

No, I and others are not asking for Ash to be made “more OP”. Its adjusting his fourth so that it does not feel clunky to use, because it does. No one is asking for a damage boost or a stat increase. Just reworking his ability so that it feels better to use.

I'm ripping high levels apart just fine.

Again, two things wrong with your thinking;

1. I never said Ash’s fourth wasn’t powerful and can’t adequately deal with enemies. Its way I have not said a word about changing the actual damage.

2. Just because you like Ash’s fourth the way it is now, does not mean its suddenly okay. The world does not revolve around your anecdotal experience. 

Ash’s fourth is clunky to use as are some of his other abilities which could do with a look at themselves. Its simply changing the way it functions, not its damage output, so jump off that train.

If anything, give people time to learn Ash and I guarantee he'd be more likely to receive a nerf.

There we go again; the old “people don’t actually know (insert frame here)” template for dismissing criticism. Highly effective and works every time evidently.

Melodramatic is all I have to say about you. Ash is not overpowered enough to need a nerf by a long shot and the changes to his ult would not change that either. He is in the category of clunky frames at the moment and its a shame because with a few small QoL tweaks he could become widely used again. 

The numbers don’t lie and it shows your opinion is an unpopular one. For good reason.

Edited by TheGodofWiFi

6 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Did I say that? No. Continue being sarky and putting words in my mouth all you want but that doesn’t make it true.

I’m perfectly happy with where the game is right now and am not asking for a straight up delete everything before it even spawns button. I’d play Garry’s Mod if I was in that mood. Stop exaggerating and trying to twist my words.

Just because I defend frames like Mesa does not mean I effectively don’t want to play the game, because you people insist on falsely acting like all nuke-type frames require about as much input as pre-rework Mesa.

So why are you even whinging then? If people prefer keeping the frame on, let them. Its no skin off of your nose if Ash’s fourth gets made less clunky, because the straight up truth of the matter is that it is clunky.

I love the blatant hypocrisy of how you’ll happily get out the cheese when its convenient, but you have the nerve to look down on people for using it more frequently than you.

All you can do is offer insults that just show how you just don’t like people who don’t share your view. Again, a very convincing argument.

No, I and others are not asking for Ash to be made “more OP”. Its adjusting his fourth so that it does not feel clunky to use, because it does. No one is asking for a damage boost or a stat increase. Just reworking his ability so that it feels better to use.

Again, two things wrong with your thinking;

1. I never said Ash’s fourth wasn’t powerful and can’t adequately deal with enemies. Its way I have not said a word about changing the actual damage.

2. Just because you like Ash’s fourth the way it is now, does not mean its suddenly okay. The world does not revolve around your anecdotal experience. 

Ash’s fourth is clunky to use as are some of his other abilities which could do with a look at themselves. Its simply changing the way it functions, not its damage output, so jump off that train.

There we go again; the old “people don’t actually know (insert frame here)” template for dismissing criticism. Highly effective and works every time evidently.

Melodramatic is all I have to say about you. Ash is not overpowered enough to need a nerf by a long shot and the changes to his ult would not change that either. He is in the category of clunky frames at the moment and its a shame because with a few small QoL tweaks he could become widely used again. 

The numbers don’t lie and it shows your opinion is an unpopular one. For good reason.

What would i do without you 🙂

honestly couldn't have said it better 

gg