Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe Metagame (So Stupid)

MalkothFateweaver

And any of those ults that rely on duration (Stomp, Miasma, etc) just got a huge chunk of their power removed.

Nope, it appears that Miasma deals more damage. My friend with this build does 1500-2000 dmg or smth (dont know how, it appears that -duration actually increases damage, cuz it is dealt much faster) and it only costs 25 energy, He kills 20 mobs at 1 ulti, if one of them drops energy orb, it is done, he can cast it again.

The ults were already broken really. 

Now you gotta find a super rare mod before maxing it and finding room for it on your builds. And then you need to cope with the massive duration self-nerf.

If I was working at DE, that would probably be at the bottom of my list of priorities. I have the mod myself and I don't use it, the duration nerf is very annoying for most of my frames and I would rather use the mod points on other more interesting mods. 

Jeez don't lose your mind over it. 

So it is broke. Wait a few days (maybe a week) and it will most likely be fixed. 

problem is that people are investing in it right now. and not pesky credits or fusion cores but formas. and those cost money.

these corrupted mods are prime example that DE do first, think second and test never.

Nope, it appears that Miasma deals more damage. My friend with this build does 1500-2000 dmg or smth (dont know how, it appears that -duration actually increases damage, cuz it is dealt much faster) and it only costs 25 energy, He kills 20 mobs at 1 ulti, if one of them drops energy orb, it is done, he can cast it again.

the damage is the same, but it becomes more per tick.  the same is true when you add duration to it, you'll notice the poison lasts longer but tics at a lower value.

it's not about ultimates. bastille, snowglobe, absorb, chaos, energy vampire basically any utility power that allow you to stand against high level mobs.

also majority of player base don't give a shhh about high level ED or even survival.

these mods are broken in their very design. they are not thought out at all.

and maybe just maybe, they have something to do with incoming changes in damage system. but utility powers are no affected by this new system.

before aura system, energy was a valuable resource. with aura system - energy lost its value. now you can have something better than energy siphons and still have enough energy to hold high level mobs in check.

it's like when you think that it is almost impossible to kill challenge in the game, DE proves that killing is simply not enough, total annihilation of challenge is the way to go.

Edited by Althix

it's not about ultimates. bastille, snowglobe, absorb, chaos, energy vampire basically any utility power that allow you to stand against high level mobs.

also majority of player base don't give a shhh about high level ED or even survival.

these mods are broken in their very design. they are not thought out at all.

and maybe just maybe, they have something to do with incoming changes in damage system. but utility powers are no affected by this new system.

before aura system, energy was a valuable resource. with aura system - energy lost its value. now you can have something better than energy siphons and still have enough energy to hold high level mobs in check.

it's like when you think that it is almost impossible to kill challenge in the game, DE proves that killing is simply not enough, total annihilation of challenge is the way to go.

Using that on Bastille, Snowglobe, etc would be completely counter productive because of the duration cut. You want those lasting as long as possible, no matter the cost.

The issue with the mods are they they benefit specific ultimates that don't rely on duration, essentially negating the downside of the mod.

This just means that the rest of the classes are going to be played less, so even LESS classes will be "viable" by popular consensus.

lol I would say _____ but ... you know.. we all know that from your post...

second.. it's more of an and or.. so you can use other mods.. + it allows people to not need flow..

then again if you weren't _____ you would get that by now.. oh wait... ;) you can't cause you are... hahaha

ok ok.. I'll be nice... you have 5 posts and 0 thoughts GT_O ..

◄§ª§╜

ps: further proof they want us to use other mods... oh .. ya that's what they are doing... ____ ___

I am on your side with this, I dont like people not seeing the whole picture of the tradeoff, but you really got to be S#&$ting me if you judge peoples knowledge of the game by forum posts. I have a good 400+ hours in and look how many posts I have, please dont judge (atleast on that element)

Duration loss is a huge deal on some ults, and these mods will do nothing but F*** over the ults of some warframes, like vauban, nyx, or trinity.

Granted, its not like these ults are used a lot to begin with, but get over yourself before you post $&*&*#(%& S#&$ like this again.

This thread is bad OP, and you should feel bad for posting it.

Stomp isnt affected by duration and a shorter and more spammy miasma ends dealing more damage.

Stomp's stun isn't affected by duration?

As far as Miasma goes, I forgot about that weirdness.  It's a bug I thought though and it even affects the helmet.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

Stomp's stun isn't affected by duration?

As far as Miasma goes, I forgot about that weirdness.  It's a bug I thought though and it even affects the helmet.

It's consistant with the way duration distorts some other powers, for example, trinity's energy vampire heals X energy, adding duration makes it take much longer to deliver that energy.

Stomps stun would be affected, but miasma would still do the same damage. 

Example: miasma does 1000 overall damage over 4 seconds.  = 250 damage/ second.  now miasma loses 50% duration and its 500 damage over 2 seconds.  damage remains, the effect however does not.

Stomps stun would be affected, but miasma would still do the same damage. 

Example: miasma does 1000 overall damage over 4 seconds.  = 250 damage/ second.  now miasma loses 50% duration and its 500 damage over 2 seconds.  damage remains, the effect however does not.

I'm not sure you said what you meant to say.

Or you could run blind rage/focus/fleeting expertise so your ultimate does damage. Regardless that's not effective on all warframes, seen as not all warframes are ulti focused. The decreased duration shafts things like Nyx and Frost.

Most likely a bug, Miasma is suppsed to tick for "X damage per second for Y seconds".

yeah. however if i am about to leave only two warframe power slots and use eight what are left to augment let say vauban i can do that. oh i so can do that. and you can calculate what i will have.

You end up doing this, setting up Vauban to only use a maxed duration (40 second) Vortex. Change 3 of his skill polarities to strengthen this build.. THEN they'll eventually nerf the mod or the skill and all that precious time you spent re-leveling your Vauban 6-7 times just went to waste. "Enjoy it while it lasts." Directly quoted from Scott.

You end up doing this, setting up Vauban to only use a maxed duration (40 second) Vortex. Change 3 of his skill polarities to strengthen this build.. THEN they'll eventually nerf the mod or the skill and all that precious time you spent re-leveling your Vauban 6-7 times just went to waste. "Enjoy it while it lasts." Directly quoted from Scott.

Can I see this post?

But yeah, these mods are ridiculous. for 21 energy I can cover all of Xini with chaos, for a shorter duration so when more enemies come by I can hit them even quicker. Minus Duration is good for nyx. I feel Amazing and can see the nerfs flying. I hope they take the mods away and give plat back.