Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mods. Fusion. Credits. Space. Ninjas. De.

Froh

First let me introduce this video as a quick explanation of what's wrong with the sytem.

After that, let me detail more.

Now that "Rare" Rank 10 Mods seems to become "common", it could be great to think about the disadvantages of this system :

- A Rank 10 Uncommon mod (Serration/Hornet) requires 585 Uncommon 5's or 390 Rare 5's A Rank 10 Rare mod (Heavy Caliber) requires 877 Uncommon 5's or 585 Rare 5's

Not only this introduces unecessary grind to the game in order to max all Rank 10 (by unecessary, I mean uninsteresting. As opposite, farming void or corrupted mods could be considered interesting). It also cost a freakin' lot.

- It costs 1.4 M credits in order to rank a rare mod from 1 to 10.

With the nerf of credits rewards in void (totally necessary), the new costs are waaaay too expensives. This is a matter in Transmute as well. If you nerf credits rewards, don't up costs AT THE SAME TIME. Of course, old players (thoses who were rich before) will actually lose money on thoses new systems. The new player just can't afford it at all.

Losing credits the more you play the game is kinda strange.

- Each rank add 1 point.

It means every new mod will cost at least 11 points to use at max rank. In reality, this is around 14. => It also means you make a lot of theses mods useless.

For example, 55% of Auto parry for 14 points. You, DE, require us to forma a warframe for this. This mod will probably never be really used, and it's a shame, because having more options is nice. But meaningful options is better. You already pay 1 slot for this, and you need a second slot to have Reflection combo (which cost only 7).

It doesn't add an "End game" purpose. You ALREADY have it. I mean, all players complaining have 300+ hours put in this game (and I have a lot more). We already have the forma system, etc. We don't really need to become poor by transmuting and fusing.

This issue should, in my opinion, be adressed fast the way you want (nerfing credits costs, using nanospores to fuse more, or I don't know :p). 

Thanks for reading fellow Tennos. Keep the discussion alive and try not to troll without using a Loki picture.

And thanks for the time you invest in the game Digital Extremes. I know it's hard to get right a game like that, and you already did a freakin' lot.

Maths infos based on the reddit discussion here : http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1o88ir/psa_it_takes_14_million_credits_and_around_800/

Edited by Froh

Well, they don't "need" to be that high. But why are they this high then ? The credits part was handled badly in my opinion. The fusion cores can be found easily. But the credits sink is far too steep.

It all points back to DE not understanding the concepts of MMO games. They don't plan out or test new content before releasing it (i.e. New Corrupt Mods). They are constantly on the back foot, covering up their screw ups. I would have to say, aside from the foundation and main concept of the game, EVERYTHING seems to be severely lacking. It's an incredibly fun game, a grind, but fun for people that enjoy that type of thing. Some of the developers honestly don't even care if you like the changes or not. If you don't they simply say "Don't use it if you don't like it." OR if there is a Warframe or Weapon or Mod that you are really enjoying, you'll get a, "Enjoy it while it lasts.".

How does this relate to this topic? It's another instance of a company either coming up short on changes or overshooting them. It's usually never perfect (Except for DE finally getting a stable reward table for the Void). Every gaming company does it, even big ones like Riot. At the beginning of Season 3, they literally nerfed every one of Olaf's skills when they could have just changed one or two things to make him more balanced. By changing everything, they essentially made him a terrible champion (had the worst win rate in almost all of season 3). This is exactly what DE has done with the credit system. Not only did they lower the amount you receive, they increased the cost of many items and released new content that require an unrealistic amount of credits. They could have done one without the other. Instead, they did both.

As for a solution? Reverting the amount of credits received to Pre-U10 would just bring back the issues we had before. The issue was basically how easy it was to buy everything on the market and fuse mods together. Players were gaining more credits than spending. If you revert, all of those issues would come back. The only positive thing that would change from this would be making it easier to rank up the new Rare 10 mods. A better solution would be to keep the current credit rewards and make these Rare 10 mods have lower ranks. That would lower commitment in making the decision between throwing all your resources into ranking a mod or buying warframe and weapon blueprints. Lowering all the new Rare 10 mods to Rare 5 mods seems like the more optimal solution without bringing back issues from the past.

Edited by TheSphynx

Likewise, can't disagree. Part of the issue is that pretty much everything is a credit sink now.

Let's look at the Derelicts, for example. Between buying and assembling the key, you end up paying almost twice what the mission will actually award. To say nothing of the increased cost of the blueprints added in U10, e.g. the Nekros blueprint, which costs anywhere from about 3 - 4 times what every other frame blueprint does.

The credit problem (particularly with quite a few players ending up with too much and nothing to spend them on) is tied directly to the void, in my view - T3's awarded well over ten times as much as any other mission in the game, and there was the fact you likely had to run them quite a few times just to get a single part... due to the stupid fact that the drop tables are weighted to only award one of the parts needed to complete a given item about 10% of the time, which necessitates running them a fair number of times. I've been playing since U7, and I won't speak for everyone else, but I certainly wasn't sitting on seven digit credits until after U8... and I didn't really bother running voids once I had what I wanted from them unless clanmates still needed stuff from them.

The problem being that it horribly skews the average; as noted, guys who've been playing longer might be losing money while meeting the new costs (I've been selling off excess BPs/items to keep things stable) but guys who weren't here for the "good ol' days" are unlikely to be able to meet them period.

Likewise, can't disagree. Part of the issue is that pretty much everything is a credit sink now.

Let's look at the Derelicts, for example. Between buying and assembling the key, you end up paying almost twice what the mission will actually award. To say nothing of the increased cost of the blueprints added in U10, e.g. the Nekros blueprint, which costs anywhere from about 3 - 4 times what every other frame blueprint does.

The credit problem (particularly with quite a few players ending up with too much and nothing to spend them on) is tied directly to the void, in my view - T3's awarded well over ten times as much as any other mission in the game, and there was the fact you likely had to run them quite a few times just to get a single part... due to the stupid fact that the drop tables are weighted to only award one of the parts needed to complete a given item about 10% of the time, which necessitates running them a fair number of times. I've been playing since U7, and I won't speak for everyone else, but I certainly wasn't sitting on seven digit credits until after U8... and I didn't really bother running voids once I had what I wanted from them unless clanmates still needed stuff from them.

The problem being that it horribly skews the average; as noted, guys who've been playing longer might be losing money while meeting the new costs (I've been selling off excess BPs/items to keep things stable) but guys who weren't here for the "good ol' days" are unlikely to be able to meet them period.

And that would be me.  I started in U8, and due to life, I've not really been able to group much, and solo'ing is expensive.

So I agree with the OP.

Edited by Nagisawa