Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I Potato The Dread?

MageMeat

Question

12 answers to this question

Lanka is still the best bow.

*Maybe* if they add more +crit damage mods in the future, but for now there's no way to get the same numbers outta the Dread as you get with Lanka on a crit, and Lanka does far more on a non crit. Plus it deals AI damage.

If you absolutely love the bow mechanism and must have one, its an equal tossup between Dread and Paris Prime. But personally, I've never touched either again after getting the Lanka.

Edited by Darzk

If you like it, why not. No potato no fun!! Mine has a potato. (actually, all of my wpn's have one). And besides, if YOU like the wpn, a potato never goes waist because it doesn't mather what i think.. Just what you like to play with. 

But there is a sertain truth that paris does beter on lvl 40+ and dread on the lower lvl's. But hey, not one wpn ingame is perfect. And thats a good thing! Now i can swap between all of my favorites, depending on mission difficulty and fraction.

Don't put to much weight on the comments on the Wiki warframe pages. 

And DON'T waist your last potato, save it for something you rly look forward to.

Good luck, and have FUN!

Lanka is still the best bow.

*Maybe* if they add more +crit damage mods in the future, but for now there's no way to get the same numbers outta the Dread as you get with Lanka on a crit, and Lanka does far more on a non crit. Plus it deals AI damage.

If you absolutely love the bow mechanism and must have one, its an equal tossup between Dread and Paris Prime. But personally, I've never touched either again after getting the Lanka.

That statement irritates me so much because only the charging mechanisms are similar.

IMO, no.

if you like bows, start working on getting the  paris prime, armor ignore makes a world of a difference. 

560% vs. 420% critical damage makes a world of a difference. That, and aiming at weak points.

Edited by ChaoticVice777

That statement irritates me so much because only the charging mechanisms are similar.

And that it has projectile travel time, and it deals a form of blade damage. The only difference is the clip and lack of drop.

But more than that - I used SV and Dread concurrently, but Lanka replaced Dread while I still use SV occasionally.

560% vs. 420% critical damage makes a world of a difference. That, and aiming at weak points.

'Cept Grineer and Chargers have no unarmored points, and Ancient's unarmored points' hitboxes are broken as hell.

And that it has projectile travel time, and it deals a form of blade damage. The only difference is the clip and lack of drop.

But more than that - I used SV and Dread concurrently, but Lanka replaced Dread while I still use SV occasionally.

'Cept Grineer and Chargers have no unarmored points, and Ancient's unarmored points' hitboxes are broken as hell.

Sure, they don't, but the weak points have multipliers that generally make up for that. Armor 2.0 will make the Dread more viable at like level 200 anyway.

It's not logical to equate a sniper rifle with a bow. It's possible to equate them both as sniping weapons, however.

Also, Armor 2.0 should take care of armor scaling.