Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant talk.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

A passive that you'll never ever use because you're invincible all the time

A 1 that gets demolished by allies if you're not solo, and completely useless as allies

A 2 that gets worn out by enemies faster than you can cast it 

And a 3 that takes percentage of enemy health, that's good...but it also brings back your health and shields...why would you need that, if you're 100% immune to damage?

And then a 4 that has an outdated damage adaptation mechanic that baruuk does more better with reactive storm

I posted some feedback about some of his abilities

But still

This is like rebecca's own warframe, are they going to forget about him like that?

So, you basically have not a damn clue about how to use Revenant!

• Like 3

Wheres Gears?

Gears are you in here bro..lol

3 hours ago, Alkarnus said:

Inb4 GearsMatrix

I haven't actually thought of it that way but you raise valid points. That said, I've put 7 forma on my Revenant 😂

Dudes in my clan.

He makes me laugh,he's alright the miserable old B'tard.

• Like 1

Il y a 3 heures, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk a dit :

A 1 that gets demolished by allies if you're not solo, and completely useless as allies

And a 3 that takes percentage of enemy health, that's good...but it also brings back your health and shields...why would you need that, if you're 100% immune to damage?

And then a 4 that has an outdated damage adaptation mechanic that baruuk does more better with reactive storm

Il y a 1 heure, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk a dit :

i don't care about endurance, i care about consistency and accuracy to theme, lore and style

A warframe can deal 100%health percentage damage tank 100% damage and still have an awful theme and weird kit

What ?
Let's ignore the other post and just use the original one or else it's a mess.

1) It's indeed more useful in a solo play to gather your little army, but you can also use it to crowd control an annoying enemy, so that it stops moving.
Maybe you're in a situation where this annoying enemy just downed one of your ally, and it would save time to just mind control it to revive your ally. Meanwhile he'll either stand there waiting for you to kill it, or he'll gather other thralls.
In both scenarios, you get pillar energies from them, it's not the strongest sub-part of the kit but it's a plus nonetheless. So not useless at all.

2) It's fine for it to be worned out by spending charges. After all. You don't have any duration on it. You just need to refresh whenever you feel like it.
With the current Shield Gate system, even if you're refreshing it while getting shots, the 1.5 seconds shield gate will allow you to reset your Mesmer Skin without losing any Health.
You even have a sound cue to know when it worns out. Meanwhile Zephyr players have to look at the timer of their spell in the middle of the fight, just to not miss the checkpoint.
And it doesn't just nullify damage from enemies' attacks. It also stun them for a decent duration. It blocks ancient disruptor's energy drain.

It stuns Kuva Liches, and sentients. And here's the kicker, the stun on sentients has no diminishing return. It's one of the few abilities left in the game to not suffer from Sentient Adaptation but it "gets worn out too fast" ? That's not even funny.

Some frames can't even cast their crowd control abilities on sentients anymore like Titania, meanwhile a Revenant can just stun them all day long by just standing still and take no damage.

3) When Shield Gate wasn't a thing, getting health and shield back was a decent idea. Mostly when your ability strength and rank are so low you can't build decent Mesmer Skin charges yet. Default Revenant has only 6 charges maximum, while it's enough to survive each individual fight, assuming one would extend too far and you'd lose some of the health you had.

This is also meant to be used during Danse Macabre, in a way to extend its use somehow. But yes, as a surviving tool, it pales in comparison with Mesmer Skin. Would probably seem lot more important if we'd play with the same amount of charges on Mesmer Skin. But then again, it would mean Mesmer Skin has to be reworked anyway.

4) It's an AoE ability that hits using the weakness of an enemy, alot of other warframes still have a specific damage type on their highest AoE abilities, forcing them to be used either on a specific faction or as a crowd control ability.
Here with Danse Macabre, you don't even have to think about it, it uses the right one everytime. Whether another frame does it better or not isn't the point. This ability as a damage ability is better than some of other frames. Effectively making it very good.

All in all. Yes, I would like devs to take a look at this frame sometime, make his synergies more prominent, more important, and just change Mesmer Skin completely. Not because it's weak though.  ( ͡☉ ͜ʖ ͡☉)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

I posted some feedback about some of his abilities

But still

This is like rebecca's own warframe, are they going to forget about him like that?

After I had mixmax him into solo 1 hour higk index with 1900 seconds remaining, whatever rework he should get at least keep his 2. His 1 + 3 one-shot combo with 250% strength isn't as valid anymore since the revise but yeah, almost all part of his kit are made redundant 'cause his 2 exist.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Magus_Tahir said:

The original idea was retooled to make it a more sentient bent. However his One, Two, and Three abilities are very much traits associated to vampires especially the Bram Stoker Dracula variety. Enthralling the weak minded, mesmerizing large groups to not move against you, and draining their life force are all traits associated with vampires. 

I highly recommend this little video if you want an entertaining little bit of a run down of vampires, well Dracula style anyway.

The funny thing is, people are also saying he doesnt resemble a vampire by his looks. If those people would just take some time and watch the Bram Stoker's Dracula movie they'd actually see a glimpse of something resembling the look of Revenant in the carriage driver that takes Harker to Vlad's castle. And then the rest of Revs body fits well with the depictions of Vlad and other vampires, in not so very common for their time, sleek full plate armors, more resembling something you can imagine on a fantasy dark/high elf rather than a crusader.

The biggest issue with Rev and the vampire theme is his #4. The name fits the vampiric theme, the animation and skill in itself kinda misses the mark. Would have been so much better if the skill would call down lightning, since weather or control of the elements is something often mentioned in connection to vampires, including Dracula (Bram Stoker's no less) and it would be something that Rev would share with eidolons aswell, since they do call down lightning or electricity.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Ragnafiro said:

After I had mixmax him into solo 1 hour higk index with 1900 seconds remaining, whatever rework he should get at least keep his 2. His 1 + 3 one-shot combo with 250% strength isn't as valid anymore since the revise but yeah, almost all part of his kit are made redundant 'cause his 2 exist.

45 minutes ago, STUVash said:

All in all. Yes, I would like devs to take a look at this frame sometime, make his synergies more prominent, more important, and just change Mesmer Skin completely. Not because it's weak though.  ( ͡☉ ͜ʖ ͡☉)

At least some people agree...

I didn't say a complete overhaul of his kit

But at least some tweaks and changes to how his synergies work that's all

so rather confused by this thread, personally i never die or even get harmed by revenant 0% damage taken with him 

hes very powerful, but maybe misunderstood?

his passive (works great with shield gate, but i never drop my shields to find out as im cautious) 

1: use his 1st with his 2nd to get free casts, mainly used to deal minor damage, cc, draw agro away from you, also 1 +4 to scale overshields up , so kill them every so many seconds after it spreads  a bit

2: defensive and in combo with 3 can provide allies some minor defense , mainly used to stay alive, cheap cost on 1 and scale 4 

3: steal hp & health , in combo with 4 to move around and get hp/shields 

4: adaptive damage and scales derived on damage taken 

like any frame its up to you to figure out how to utilize it best, most any frame can be setup to be strong, some are just easier then others to wield in combat 

I'm surprised; a Revenant bashing thread missing the forum's no.1 Revenant hater? get in here @(XB1)GearsMatrix301 ! this thread is made for YOU!

IMO, he works OK, but he will probably get looked at again in the far future: he is still a relatively new frame in the grand scheme of things, and some would argue other frames need it more. a lot of people seem to dislike his theme more than his powers..

11 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I'm surprised; a Revenant bashing thread missing the forum's no.1 Revenant hater? get in here @(XB1)GearsMatrix301 ! this thread is made for YOU!

IMO, he works OK, but he will probably get looked at again in the far future: he is still a relatively new frame in the grand scheme of things, and some would argue other frames need it more. a lot of people seem to dislike his theme more than his powers..

Lol, took the words right out my mouth.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

IMO, he works OK, but he will probably get looked at again in the far future: he is still a relatively new frame in the grand scheme of things, and some would argue other frames need it more. a lot of people seem to dislike his theme more than his powers

You know what,

i main gauss, but every once in a while, i get bored of being super fast

So i'll main revenant instead, let's see what happens

I know this completely contradicts my posts, but who cares, i made this post to make a discussion about if revenant's kit need tweaks, i get bashed at instead :") 

il y a 3 minutes, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk a dit :

i made this post to make a discussion about if revenant's kit need tweaks, i get bashed at instead :") 

That's because aside from the title "Revenant Talk" the post itself wasn't exactly trying to initiate a discussion, it sounded more like a rant. Presentation is important and if it's lacking then just add a line at the end to save your post like "This is my own opinion of his abilities, I'd like to hear yours, let's talk."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, STUVash said:

That's because aside from the title "Revenant Talk" the post itself wasn't exactly trying to initiate a discussion, it sounded more like a rant. Presentation is important and if it's lacking then just add a line at the end to save your post like "This is my own opinion of his abilities, I'd like to hear yours, let's talk."

It clearly won't stop some people from derailing threads

This is my entire problen with this forum, i mean look at it, just looks at it....the first guy just doesn't get that some people may not like how a warframe works, that doesn't mean they're "uninformed to the point of trolling" 

He's so egotistical, that he thinks everyone is a casual and he's the only right person that knows how to play.

il y a 8 minutes, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk a dit :

It clearly won't stop some people from derailing threads

This is my entire problen with this forum, i mean look at it, just looks at it....the first guy just doesn't get that some people may not like how a warframe works, that doesn't mean they're "uninformed to the point of trolling" 

He's so egotistical, that he thinks everyone is a casual and he's the only right person that knows how to play.

Well... You're not wrong but you can't just assume everyone is going be fine hearing you about ranting. That's why, if you do, make sure to specify that the point of your post isn't to rant.
And if you don't want to specify that, then use a more neutral tone, so that people understand you're just talking about something without any harmful thought regarding anyone or anything.

That's how life is. You'll meet all kinds of people, be prepared Tenno.

Edited by STUVash
  • Like 3

Let’s bring our expert Revenant basher... @(XB1)GearsMatrix301!

Revenant is probably one of the most underrated frames in the game. His 1 is a great aggro drawer, 2 basically grants you semi immortality, 3 allows you to one shot any non world bosses and self heal, and 4 is a great Nuke ability.

Fun fact, Danse Macabre sweeping radius is 100 meters long! So he is one of the best for Plague Star runs with 4 Phylaxis only.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

I have never had this problem against Grineer. Against Corpus sure, that might be cause for a rework, but against Grineer I have never had these problems you and Gears are talking about

7 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Ok Gears brought this up too, and I have to ask: so what? So Revenant has an ablative damage shield and a life drain, what's the problem? Amesha the Archwing has the exact same thing, nobody calls that bad design

• Like 3

I still feels like he should get a complete rework, but I'd settle for changes to make his kit work better overall.

Such as making his passive bonus power str based on shield capacity

A hold function to his 1 that either makes it an aoe or creates a special 8th thrall that's immune to cc and death (until the timer runs out) that also maybe gets a speed boost.

Giving his 3 the ability to leech shields from any enemy

And making his 4's status chance and overshield pickups scale with power str (Hoping to get people to bandwagon behind the idea of removing the goofy animation from his 4 too)

Honestly, the fact that a DE employee has a personal attachment to him does concern me that they’ll refuse to let him be reworked.

10 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Let’s bring our expert Revenant basher... @(XB1)GearsMatrix301!

Revenant is probably one of the most underrated frames in the game. His 1 is a great aggro drawer, 2 basically grants you semi immortality, 3 allows you to one shot any non world bosses and self heal, and 4 is a great Nuke ability.

Fun fact, Danse Macabre sweeping radius is 100 meters long! So he is one of the best for Plague Star runs with 4 Phylaxis only.

Yeah, that one really draws that aggro when it’s dead.

you do realize that every tank ability grants semi immortality, and doesn’t rely on a poorly thought out design that’s more inconvenient and provides less benefits.

the one shot gimmick is impractical.

Danse is good.not the best in the game, but definitely the best ability on Revenant.

Honestly his 2 is massively overrated, especially after the adjustments to enemy damage and Warframe durability that have happened recently.

Enemies die too fast to allies for his 1 to work well and his 3 might do percent based damage, but honestly nothing needs it and in the time it takes to do that setup once an Equinox has hit 4 and deleted the tileset.

His 4 might be boring, but it works and has a neat concept, hell the adaptive damage is actually helpful in the Void due to enemy variety.

I don't agree with Gears on every aspect, but honestly Rev has issues much like Chroma, his clunky kit is viciously defended solely because one thing can cheese some content despite being generally impractical or clunky.

10 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Yeah i have a question about that

Since now i main Revenant as a challenge...i noticed that his "100 meter long" beams aren't really 100 meter long

I couldn't hit people from 50 meters and less

What's happening 

Edited by (PS4)Hopper_Orouk

Just now, Aldain said:

Honestly his 2 is massively overrated, especially after the adjustments to enemy damage and Warframe durability that have happened recently.

Enemies die too fast to allies for his 1 to work well and his 3 might do percent based damage, but honestly nothing needs it and in the time it takes to do that setup once an Equinox has hit 4 and deleted the tileset.

His 4 might be boring, but it works and has a neat concept, hell the adaptive damage is actually helpful in the Void due to enemy variety.

I don't agree with Gears on every aspect, but honestly Rev has issues much like Chroma, his clunky kit is viciously defended solely because one thing can cheese some content despite being generally impractical or clunky.

I need more people like you in my threads please ❤️