The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do something with Intrinsics after players hit the cap

thurmack

It feels like a punishment when we hit the Intrinsic cap and stop earning them.

Please consider providing an alternate reward for players that have already maxed out their Intrinsics - perhaps bonus Focus, particularly since it is very difficult to earn Focus in RJ missions, or at a "Prestige" level of Intrinsics that very slowly add an incremental bonus to other Intrinsic bonuses (e.g. 10000 IP adds 1% multiplicative bonus, so Drift Damage Reduction from Piloting would do 10.1% damage reduction etc).

Or whatever you like. Just maybe not the status quo of nothing.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Deeceem said:

If anything focus should get a similar treatment as you suggest for intrinsics.

I think [DE]George was actually saying something about buffed focus gains and additional skilltrees for operator schools.

• Like 1

vor 1 Minute schrieb Savire510:

I think [DE]George was actually saying something about buffed focus gains and additional skilltrees for operator schools.

I think it was about either adding new way bounds or making more current ones way bound. I might be mixing things up though.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Deeceem said:

"Bonus Focus"!? I'll pass. If anything focus should get a similar treatment as you suggest for intrinsics.

I don't see why they both shouldn't get some kind of post-cap treatment. Do Focus points also simply cut off, or are you gathering them without anything to spend them on?

vor 7 Stunden schrieb thurmack:

I don't see why they both shouldn't get some kind of post-cap treatment. Do Focus points also simply cut off, or are you gathering them without anything to spend them on?

You gather them without having anything to spend them on.

This is a nice idea, but it probably won't happen.

What you're proposing is to reward top end gamers with more power, and that is the opposite of what Scott and Steve have proposed recently by stating they will add a compressor to the game, IE, higher start, lower finish.

You can already see some of this with the massive speed nerf to top end railjacks and massive speed buff to lower end ones.

This, while it sucks for us players that are much further along, is actually good for overall game health, it's one of those things that, feels bad but is for our, and the game's, own good.  I know it feels bad, trust me I get it.  My focus and intrinsics have been maxed out forever.  At this point I just collect plat to collect plat so I can give it away to clanmates in various forms, because there is no evolving world or narative, just same old same old.

That's kind of what you need to come to accept though.  Outside of the windows when something new is released, unless you really just crave some space ninja action, go take a break and play something else, and even then, best to give it a few weeks so they work the game breaking bugs out.

It wasn't always this way, but that's where we are at, and frankly, that's better than they deserve after the last several years of absurdly busted and broken releases as they still have a long way to go to earn back player trust and support, but to their credit the gameplay is still fun sometimes and you can't quite get that same fix elsewhere.  People have tried, like anthem, lol, but Warframe lives on.

Point being, don't hold your breath for this, it's not how they do things and they've stated already, openly, that they are going in the opposite direction.

• Like 2

On 2020-05-05 at 11:48 AM, thurmack said:

It feels like a punishment when we hit the Intrinsic cap and stop earning them.

Please consider providing an alternate reward for players that have already maxed out their Intrinsics - perhaps bonus Focus, particularly since it is very difficult to earn Focus in RJ missions, or at a "Prestige" level of Intrinsics that very slowly add an incremental bonus to other Intrinsic bonuses (e.g. 10000 IP adds 1% multiplicative bonus, so Drift Damage Reduction from Piloting would do 10.1% damage reduction etc).

Or whatever you like. Just maybe not the status quo of nothing.

For Scarlet Spear it would be nice if the intrinsics were converted to more points/creds. So people who maxed everything out would gain something for their effort. But afterwards, idk. More endo, more kuva, more creds. Those are about the only options. 

But that’s no different than using a maxed out weapon and warframe with no gain. And focus, some of us have way too much. Unless DE puts a cap on that too, all the excess focus is being wasted. And if they did put a cap, then we would be right back here. 

So the only true option is to deal with it. Most games you gain nothing after reaching max. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-05-05 at 5:48 PM, thurmack said:

Please consider providing an alternate reward for players that have already maxed out their Intrinsics - perhaps bonus Focus

Intrinsics are focus - they both come from affinity, intrinsics are a fixed % of all affinity in RJ missions, focus a lens % from gear it's on. In an RJ mission where you get a lot of affinity you still get the focus (and level the gear), but it's not much - even if the bonus was double focus it still wouldn't even come close to ESO or even Hydron.

I don't need bonus focus. I have all the schools maxed and millions spare in every one. Folks have been on max focus for years. I think any evergreen reward needs to come to focus first.

I would make it so that once you had unlocked every node on every tree you could unwaybound every node, so long as each node past it on the tree was also unbound (meaning you'd have to unbound the entire tree to unlock the passive) but I'd only increase the focus pool cap by about 30% - this will make focus nodes much more like operator mods.

9 hours ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

I don't need bonus focus. I have all the schools maxed and millions spare in every one. Folks have been on max focus for years. I think any evergreen reward needs to come to focus first.

Just because you don't red focus doesn't ran an alternative for the grind isn't a good idea. 

On to my idea for a solution to this: An intrinsic point store. You spend excess intrinsics on stuff like Kuva, avionics, maybe some cosmetics, etc. This would only be able to be implemented after Command is released though, because DE has made it clear that they do not want pre-farming happening for Command. 

Edited by (PS4)Rainbow_Neos1

Il y a 8 heures, (XB1)KayAitch a dit :

I would make it so that once you had unlocked every node on every tree you could unwaybound every node, so long as each node past it on the tree was also unbound (meaning you'd have to unbound the entire tree to unlock the passive) but I'd only increase the focus pool cap by about 30% - this will make focus nodes much more like operator mods.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but can we not make operators even stronger? I feel like they can trivialize so much of the game already.

Need to revive a downed ally? Will you use your abilities to cc enemies or shield yourself while doing it? Nope, just press 5 and revive while intangible.
Need to get somewhere fast? Will you use a fast frame and its abilities? Nope, watch your teammate with a Hobbled Dragon Key equipped press 5 and dash across the entire map faster than you can.
Need health? Energy? Press 5. Save a defense objective from death? Press 5. Cancel or ignore an annoying status effect on yourself? Press 5. I feel like the 5 key is THE answer to enough things as it is.

Now I understand that operators are supposed to be strong. They arrive fairly late in the game (seriously, I get to have a character I can customize and identify with after 100+ hours of playtime? I was perplexed. But that's a whole different story) start off relatively weak and you have to spend time working towards unlocking their full potential. But I still think that asking for the possibility to go even further just for the sake of the focus not going to waste is not necessarily good for the general shape of the game. Especially since it's an endless cycle: if we're able to unbound every single ability, sooner or later that'll be done and then some people may ask for more.

The same reasoning can be applied in many things in this game and other games. A huge amount of people don't need the Dirac they're getting anymore, as well as countless other ressources. That also applies to intrinsics. If you farmed the thousands of points to have every specialization at 10, then congratulations! You've unlocked the maximum potential of your character for Railjack content, until Command is released at least.

That being said, getting the possibility to spend some of those resources for items or say, cosmetics or something, wouldn't hurt anyone. But it's up to the devs to decide whether they want their non-maxed-out players to be faced with a choice between cosmetics they might want and character progression.

On 2020-05-05 at 11:54 PM, (PS4)Deeceem said:

"Bonus Focus"!? I'll pass. If anything focus should get a similar treatment as you suggest for intrinsics.

wait ... why? the whole point of focus was a bonus on top of the frame/weapon that was already maxed

having exp turn into focus on top of a maxed raijack totally fit the pattern that focus was designed for. What i understand the OP want is just the ability to install a lens on a raijack

If you mean focus should have a hard upper-limit like intrinsics, then it sort of already did have a soft limit (when there are no other node to rank up)

Edited by FireSegment

11 hours ago, SerathDragon said:

Need to revive a downed ally? Will you use your abilities to cc enemies or shield yourself while doing it? Nope, just press 5 and revive while intangible.
Need to get somewhere fast? Will you use a fast frame and its abilities? Nope, watch your teammate with a Hobbled Dragon Key equipped press 5 and dash across the entire map faster than you can

None of these are game breaking. Warframe has never been hurt by more mobility, and revives were and still are clunky - making them easier is no bad thing.

12 hours ago, SerathDragon said:

Need health? Energy? Press 5.

Er, you can have one of those, but only with 1 tree each. And it's a trickle of energy that will take 30s to get what 1 pizza gives you instantly. Or just use Arcane Energise.

Save a defense objective from death? Press 5.

Not any more, they nerfed Vazarin.

Now I understand that operators are supposed to be strong. They arrive fairly late in the game ... start off relatively weak and you have to spend time working towards unlocking their full potential.

They're supposed to unlock an entire next tier of gameplay, the only bit of which we ever actually got was Eidolon fights.

It took me around 2 years to unlock everything, but I don't because I can only use one tree, and that has to be the one with slowing enemies, electric stun CC, cheap heavy attacks and energy regen - Zenurik.

Especially since it's an endless cycle: if we're able to unbound every single ability, sooner or later that'll be done and then some people may ask for more.

Yes, conceivably an MR28 player who maxed out their focus every day could unbound everything in around 300 days. A years worth of value added grind is a lot, and for most sane players it will take much longer.

But fine, make each node cost 5mill to unbound, then each is two weeks grinding and the lot will be about 4½ years. If we don't have Divuri Paradox and the whole next tier for operators by then the game has bigger problems.

But I still think that asking for the possibility to go even further just for the sake of the focus not going to waste is not necessarily good for the general shape of the game

That isn't why we need it - it's not that focus is going to waste, it's that it isn't a reason in itself.

I don't care that I don't get useful focus while playing arbitrations and hunting Liches, I'm doing that other thing. But I used to log in and choose missions to get focus, working on levelling a tree to try out a build. I've not done that for a long time.

And now Intrinsics have the same thing. In a game that's all about grinding to progress the moment grinding stops being progress you have a problem.