The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mecha Liset - Empyrean 2.0?

(PSN)LeonidasxGGG

I am probably one of the few that actually likes Archwing, so I was really excited for the release of Empyrean... Until it came out. Lol. I know they are fixing it and it's much better than before, but I still feel that some things are missing.
One of those things is Landing Crafts... I mean, these are our #1 means of transportation through the Solar System, but they are completly absent in Empyrean. So I decided to make a concept of how they could be included PLUS an "upgrade" version that could fit in "Empyrean 2.0" (if that ever happens).

Here is the first one, our very first LC, the LISET.
Gun: Vulcan Machine Gun
Missile: EMP missile (AOE) - because that IS kinda its support function
Melee: Lighsaber/plasmasword
Ability: Invisibility - because we know LCs can do that

https://www.deviantart.com/leonidas666/art/Concept-Liset-Empyrean2-0-840627347

Edited by (PS4)LeonidasxGGG

They are our means of transportation, glorified transport capsules, but not really for warfare. They mostly relay on stealth and Empyrean is a full on space battle.

Remember how Vor blasted our first liset from the sky like it was nothing?

What you are saying, the powers, are basically the roles of an archwing (which gets reworked soon btw)

Turning our lisets into gundams is not really a good idea.

In my opinion railjack should be about... well railjack.

If we are talking about more space ships i would vastly prefer having 2 railjacks at the same time in a mission instead.

Edited by Savire510
  • Like 3

I'd like to see our landing craft do more, but Empyeran is not the place to do it. Landing craft are supposed to get you in and get you out. Railjacks are supposed to get in, destroy everything, then get out. I doubt my Liset could survive entering an active space combat zone.

On 5 de maio de 2020 at 6:02 PM, Savire510 said:

Turning our lisets into gundams is not really a good idea.

In my opinion railjack should be about... well railjack.

If we are talking about more space ships i would vastly prefer having 2 railjacks at the same time in a mission instead.

Gundam Warframes are not a good idea. They are a GREAT idea! FYI that was exactly what DE was trying to do with Archwing btw, their inspiration was actually Zone of Enders... I would love to see that idea come to fruition. It was with that in mind that I did this.

There are now 4 types of spaceship for the Tennos: Orbiter (our home), landing craft, archwing and railjack. Empyrean is basically "Warframe in space", so they can do as much or as little to it has they want.

And what you seem to be saying is: "I don't want LCs there, but if there was ANOTHER 4 man space-bus that is usually just used by one person (aka Railjack), I would be fine with it". But "using a pre-existing spacecraft that acomodates one player AND that we could have 4 diferent of them doing a mission (just like we see in the loading screen and mission intro), that would be a no".

On 5 de maio de 2020 at 6:03 PM, Rawbeard said:

Landing craft are... well... landing craft. the Railjack is the combat ship. it makes little sense to add a class between archwing and railjack

Fine. Call them Jump Ship. Railjack was also something very little people wanted (specially because so many don't play or like Archwing, even now some players are reluctant to play them) but they did it anyway. So... Again, then can add (or not) as much to Empyrean as they want. That's why this is just a concept for "2.0".

On 5 de maio de 2020 at 6:27 PM, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Not that I'd mind if they were to gain a more active role based on their capabilities.

I know, right? Support capabilities are so under-developed... Thank you.

On 5 de maio de 2020 at 7:01 PM, Xaero said:

So, you want to turn Liset into a transformer? I wonder in how many places will our warframes be broken during the transformation.

LOL. Probably a lot... but them again, don't they already do that with every update? :wink:

On 5 de maio de 2020 at 7:04 PM, GladiatorDragon said:

I doubt my Liset could survive entering an active space combat zone.

Pretty much like Railjacks and Archwings then. LOL (before the rework) :crylaugh:

Some changes, work (and rework) would have to be done, for sure, but Empyrean is SPACE. That's where Landing... I mean, "Jump Ships" are supposed to be in.

On 6 de maio de 2020 at 2:47 AM, Cobalt313 said:

To quote Ordis: "I'm a stealth capsule, not a combat ship!"

I think he was refering to the Orbiter, which we DO NOT get to see form the outside and tbh also deserved some attention. They reworked the inside recently, which was ok, but... I think it needed more.

All in all, I know this isn't a popular "subject" but I love Mechas and I have ideas (just ideas) for more. Thank you everyone for the feedback. Have a Great Game Guys!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, (PS4)LeonidasxGGG said:

And what you seem to be saying is: "I don't want LCs there, but if there was ANOTHER 4 man space-bus that is usually just used by one person (aka Railjack), I would be fine with it". But "using a pre-existing spacecraft that acomodates one player AND that we could have 4 diferent of them doing a mission (just like we see in the loading screen and mission intro), that would be a no".

I dont want a liset gundams in space, i think its just stupid.

i could be actually persuaded for Tenno fighters if it was done well, but that really overlaps with archwings which already can dogfight with other enemy fighters and do everything a fighter can do (soon more due to archwing revision)

If all of this has to work, Railjack as a multi-crew ship of death (its not an interceptor, someone lied to us, railjack has a firepower of a fricking battle cruiser), archwings, and tenno fighters then i really think we need more players in a mission.