Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New, Unique Weapons

UGotNinjaTrolled

Lots of the weapons we see in Waframe are shooting weapons, relying on bullets and bolts to fire. Although some are unique, like the Ignis or Flux Rifle, weapons in Waframe don't generally take advantage of all the mechanics in the game.

What if there were weapons that took more advantage of that?

One idea for a weapon is a chain and ball-esque weapon. A primary/secondary, it could be a hookshot, grappling enemies to you, turning them into rag dolls that can follow you around (like pets). Upon pressing the left-click button, they would be hooked, and upon pressing it again, they could be thrown directly in front of you, impaling any enemies ahead like bolt weapons but launching them farther than a Paris would, for example. It would be similar to bowling, but with Grineer. The weapon could also have a charge attack that could swing the hooked enemy around you, knocking down and stunning any enemies around whilst dealing massive damage to them in a 360 degree fashion.

Another cool weapon would be a weapon like the Glaive, but in primary form. Not like the old Miter, but like a laser-reflecting weapon. It would launch lasers (either very powerful, long/wide ones or lots of short ones) that could bounce off of enemies multiple times to hit more. With a great fire rate and decent damage, it could deal lots of residual damage. Lasers would disappear over several bounces, and in order to prevent vision blocking, could be transparent but with outlines.

One more weapon could be like a sticky bolt launching weapon. Something like a crossbow, it would have two modes - one with a horizontal spread and one with a tight vertical spread. The bow would launch several sticky bolts onto enemies, turning them both mind-controlled and disarmed. Like suicide bombers, they would have a fuse time, generally trying to blow up near enemies. The bolts would have low impact damage and decent explosive damage, in order to keep the sticky bomber effect. The crossbow itself would have several rounds, launching three at a time with a base mag size of 9 and a rechambering effect after each 3 shots. This is a cool idea, no?

Warframe has so many mechanics and not all of them are used to their fullest. For introducing new content, weapons like these with could keep players interested for longer as they are much different than the norm. These could breathe a bit of new life into the game, and would be super cool to see around. What do you guys think?

TL;DR: New weapons, like chain-ball-hookshots and sticky bolts could be cool and breathe new life into the game.

The problem is they have to find the balance between weapon mechanics and 'Frame abilities. The more "unique mechanics" they give weapons the less ideas they have left for future 'Frames.

Also what might work in a typical shooter game and might look good on paper for Warframe probably wouldn't transfer over into gameplay very well.

I remember playing the ratchet and clank series a long time ago. I still remember the unique weapons in those games, like a gun which shot out streams of lava, or a gun that would suck stuff in and spit it out with lethal speed. it's a shame we no longer have such unique weapons today

I remember playing the ratchet and clank series a long time ago. I still remember the unique weapons in those games, like a gun which shot out streams of lava, or a gun that would suck stuff in and spit it out with lethal speed. it's a shame we no longer have such unique weapons today

Yea some of those weapons were awesome if Warframe could just  have half of the weapon variety of a ratchet and clank game then I'd be happy

1.)

Kusarigama

Dmg: 25

Range: like Galantine maybe longer

Crit.Ch.: 5%

Crit.Dmg.: 170%

Description:

" A small and acient weapon used before the Orokin era. Can attack enemies from a distance. "

like a staff weapon with segments that can extend via magnetic fields ( MGR: Monsoon inspiered )

2.)

Kali Sticks or Sai`s ( Ninja Turttles yaaaay)

3.)

Nunchucks ( name them Norchucks ;))  )

4.)

A fighting shield with a laser reenforced edge for atacking

Edited by Primagen_VA

I'm still waiting for my Boltor-shotgun...

Just take the Boltor power it up with multishot, firerate, and a little bit of that and this.

tada.

You have got yourself an accupuncture thrower. I am using some kinde of mods that the boltor is mor like an friggin minigun filled with needles.

Edited by Primagen_VA