Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna unskippable dialog and cannot move, allow skip or walk away

sam686

I have visited all those Fortuna people hundreds of times before, and suddenly now I get annoying lengthy dialog.
1. Cannot skip.
2. Cannot walk away, trapped in an invisible jail.
3. Cannot open chat.
4. Cannot open menu.
5. Cannot leave squad.
6. The interact button is gone while dialog voice person is talking.
7. The only way to shut up is to ALT+F4 or force quit the game.
8. Takes a lengthy several minutes just to end.

And this repeats for others like The Business, Smokefinger, Ticker, Rude Zuud, Ruky, Little Duck. Pressing the "V" button to crouch in a middle of dialog do not skip.

What I want:
- Free to walk away while little duck or others are talking.
- Able to skip. The interact button, when used again, should immediately bring up the offerings or menu.
- Allow chat and ESC menu to pop up.

Update 27.3.10 only made a small change to little duck fast travel. Cannot skip, and cannot walk away while little duck is talking.

Video of the annoying unskippable dialogs. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/612662169

• Like 1

I agree. Skipping dialogue in general, for all repeated dialogue, would be nice. It's not just Fortuna. Simaris has the same issue. All I want is to grab a Daily Synthesis Target, but I have to sit through at least his last line, and for what? I've already heard it. People had to complain pretty hard before DE let us skip Orb Heist dialogue, and that's the ONLY dialogue we can skip now. Woe betide you if you speak with Little Duck as your Warframe, because you get locked into her sassing you with no way to back out.

This happens when you reinstall the game or play it on a different computer.  Something is stored locally that requires dialogs to go again so if your on a new different machine, don't talk to anyone.  

Some of these conversations are very lengthy and no reason to here again.  Not sure why hitting space or escape is not an option.

• 1 year later...

Agreed, the cutscenes and story in this game are a big meh anyway, I play this 100% for the grind and the combat, 0% for the lore.
Being forced into wasting your time away for some boring generic dialogue is weird.

Or like how you select the "wrong" option at certain npc's and you'll  be stuck waiting a good 2 or 3 minutes before they finally finish their garbage lore and the screen becomes interactable again. It's the number one reason I stopped playing the plains of eidolon because of this one npc.

A simple function where the player can press esc during a cutscene followed by an option that asks you if you are sure to skip ahead, is something that 95% of ANY game has nowadays.
I fail to see the reason why a game like warframe lacks such a basic functionality.